8-0

AP:
1Alabama (46) 9-016002
2Texas Tech (12) 9-015286
3Penn St. (6) 9-015253
4Florida (1) 7-113985
5Texas 8-113531
6Oklahoma 8-113244

The Coach's Poll is a joke. Sooner is somehow ahead of a team that beat them, AND has a #1 vote.......

ESPN BCS Projections:
1. Alabama
2. Penn St.
3. Texas Tech
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. Florida
7. USC
8. Oklahoma St.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Time Served

Oh snap, lol. Just posted my prediction in the other thread and I was right

2004 GT - SOLD
03/04 Cobra...here I come
My Youtube videos
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Lifer

I agree with the BCS

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Good times

That's buillshit! Tech beat #1, why aren't they #1? These polls are such BS, I can't believe it. They're dragging in history. Yeah sure in the past Tech has failed to step up when it really counted, but when they finally do it last night, they still get screwed. This is unbelievable, who the hell picks these polls anyway? I need to write them a nasty letter because this is just unacceptable. I cannot believe the NCAA allows them to operate this way. You beat #1, you should BE #1. Unfuckingbelievable.

n/a
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 12:36 PM
CFH

you drop alot when you get beat by a team 6 spots below you.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Lifer

OU has no business over UT. The rest of it is pretty close, I guess. TT could be a little higher.

USC went from #1 to #9 after they lost. I have to remind myself that UT was about 10th, and really had no expectations of doing a whole lot this year.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Time Served

Thats about right.
tech should atleast be #2, but thats the way it is.

Texas should be about #5(so the projected bcs and ap poll has them right IMO)

All I can say is come on OSU next week!!!
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Tech has no one but themselves to blame for this one. Their OoC schedule was pretty lackluster. Their SoS will improve over the next few weeks. Tech isnt being screwed...why would they jump Bama? Are they a little low? Maybe. Are they deserving of the #1 ranking? Not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
That's buillshit! Tech beat #1, why aren't they #1? These polls are such BS, I can't believe it. They're dragging in history. Yeah sure in the past Tech has failed to step up when it really counted, but when they finally do it last night, they still get screwed. This is unbelievable, who the hell picks these polls anyway? I need to write them a nasty letter because this is just unacceptable. I cannot believe the NCAA allows them to operate this way. You beat #1, you should BE #1. Unfuckingbelievable.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Good times

I think you missed the winking face.
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
I think you missed the winking face.

Dang it........

All kidding aside, ya'll looked great last nite. Helluva game.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Anybody else wondering why Florida is so high? Losing to an unranked team at home. And still in top 5 or 6?
post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badassws6
Anybody else wondering why Florida is so high? Losing to an unranked team at home. And still in top 5 or 6?

i dont get why USC is so high...oh, wait, it's because they're USC. I forgot for a second.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Wolverines!!!

Thumbs down

Damn I know Florida is a one loss team, but theyre still the number 2 or number 1 spot imo Fuck alabama and penn st
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
Damn I know Florida is a one loss team, but theyre still the number 2 or number 1 spot imo Fuck alabama and penn st

And who did they lose to?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
lolz. Florida and USC both just get a proverbial cocksucking year in and year out.

post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
And who did they lose to?
And??? you lost to a team you should have easily beat 9 out of 10 times. Teams have fuck ups and bad games, besides Texas and OU on a good day. Florida is the better team over alabam, penn st, so on and so forth.
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Time Served

predictions..........

tech loses to OSU and OU!
alabama loses to LSU
penn st is #1 till the last game and they lose to michigan st

FLORIDA AND TEXAS FOR THE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Texas lost to a Top5 team. Fl lost to, IIRC, an unranked team.

Quote:
And??? you lost to a team you should have easily beat 9 out of 10 times. Teams have fuck ups and bad games, besides Texas and OU on a good day. Florida is the better team over alabam, penn st, so on and so forth.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Tech was 7th.
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Tech was 7th.

Tech is #3. Texas lost to a Top 5 team. What they were is irrelevant. That's be like saying Texas beat #1 OU.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
lolz. Florida and USC both just get a proverbial cocksucking year in and year out.

Are you fucking kidding me Florida got beat by someone they should not have but came back and hung 51 on a #4 LSU team and then hung 49 on a#6 Georgia team. Ill give you USC but fuck come on its the SEC.Florida is where they should be and when they beat bama in the secc game they will be even higher.
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Tech is #3. Texas lost to a Top 5 team. What they were is irrelevant. That's be like saying Texas beat #1 OU.
Texas did beat #1 OU at the time. Just like Tech beat #1 Texas. And just like Texas lost to #7 tech at the time of the game. And how what they were irrelevant. Not trying to be a smartass just dont understand that.
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
predictions..........

alabama loses to LSU

I pray for that to happen....
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Texas did beat #1 OU at the time. Just like Tech beat #1 Texas. And just like Texas lost to #7 tech at the time of the game. And how what they were irrelevant. Not trying to be a smartass just dont understand that.

Basically, it doesnt matter what they WERE. What happens if OU as a whole develops a crack addiction, and loses the rest of their games. Would it matter that at one point they were ranked #1, before being exposed and losing 4 straight games, or whatever?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Basically, it doesnt matter what they WERE. What happens if OU as a whole develops a crack addiction, and loses the rest of their games. Would it matter that at one point they were ranked #1, before being exposed and losing 4 straight games, or whatever?
Alright I understand that.
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
predictions..........

alabama loses to LSU

X2..... Hope your predictions are right
I hope so!!!!
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Then they turned around and had probably the biggest margin of victory this season yesterday for one top10 team vs another. 49-8 or whatever vs a top ten team, and you still want to say theyre not one of the top 3 teams.
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 05:57 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Then they turned around and had probably the biggest margin of victory this season yesterday for one top10 team vs another. 49-8 or whatever vs a top ten team, and you still want to say theyre not one of the top 3 teams.
They had their chance and blew it...They may be the best 1 loss team in the country but you have to remain perfect.

If you lose you lose your right to bitch about being in the NC game if there are 2 or more no loss teams (From a major conference) at the end of the season. End of story.
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:

I dont recognize them as a Top 10 team, because they lost to an unranked team, and played a d1-aa school, on top of that. Ditto for USC. Texas, OUs, and Tech's resume are more impresive. Ditto for Bama and Penn State, so no, they are not a Top 3 team by any stretch.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
I dont recognize them as a Top 10 team, because they lost to an unranked team, and played a d1-aa school, on top of that. Ditto for USC. Texas, OUs, and Tech's resume are more impresive. Ditto for Bama and Penn State, so no, they are not a Top 3 team by any stretch.
They lost to Mississippi who damn near beat the cinderella bama. Penn St hasn't gone up against but maybe two good teams and they didn't come close to looking impressive. Florida would run the fucking table on Tech and a Florida UT game would goto the wire. About the only ppl to deny that are you fuckers who can't see past the big 12.
post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
They lost to Mississippi who damn near beat the cinderella bama. Penn St hasn't gone up against but maybe two good teams and they didn't come close to looking impressive. Florida would run the fucking table on Tech and a Florida UT game would goto the wire. About the only ppl to deny that are you fuckers who can't see past the big 12.

The Big 12 is the best conference in the nation, bar none. The Big 12 South, specifically. 3 Top 5 BCS schools in that half of the conference alone.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:15 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
They LOST, PSU, Bama and Tech have not!

How can you argue anything past that?!
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Time Served

Florida vs Texas was be a game to watch in the NC game.

I think it would be a good one.

But unless the 3 teams,(mainly Texas Tech), ahead of texas lose, then Texas will be looking at an at-large BCS bid, If they win out.

If 2 teams from a major conference go undefeated, they WILL be in the NC game.
Even if one of them is Penn ST.
post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate

Well, someone voted OU number 1 in the Coaches Poll, and Texas #1 in the Harris.....go figure.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Who was the d1 aa Florida played. and come on UT played florida atlantic and utep get the fuck out.
post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:

Because only one of them is probably going to finish undefeated. Texas lost, but would you still argue against them being better than Bama or Penn St.

Alabama is gunna play Florida in the SEC chamionship barring something weird. PSU is probably gunna walk away undefeated because the big 10 is fucking weak. And Tech has to play OSU, OU, and the big 12North.
post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
Who was the d1 aa Florida played. and come on UT played florida atlantic and utep get the fuck out.

They are D1 schools. The Citadel, who Florida plays on Nov 22 actually, is a BAD D2 school (3-6)

So, please compare apples to apples. BEFORE the Tech game, Texas had the #7 schedule, from an SoS standpoint.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Time Served

Quote:
They are D1 schools. The Citadel, who Florida plays on Nov 22 actually, is a BAD D2 school (3-6)

So, please compare apples to apples. BEFORE the Tech game, Texas had the #7 schedule, from an SoS standpoint.
And All three of those schools are equall what are utep and florida atlantic records. besides that Florida will beat bamma and would mash UT and Tech.

Last edited by joshscoupe; 11-02-2008 at 06:50 PM.
post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Are you fucking kidding me Florida got beat by someone they should not have but came back and hung 51 on a #4 LSU team and then hung 49 on a#6 Georgia team. Ill give you USC but fuck come on its the SEC.Florida is where they should be and when they beat bama in the secc game they will be even higher.
all this shows is that lsu was way overrated and georgia is overated losing to both bama and florida.
on another note i believe florida is playing the best ball since they won the nc game and is a top five team
post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
And All three of those schools are equall what are utep and florida atlantic records. besides that Florida will beat bamma and would mash UT and Tech.

Florida lost to an unranked team, but Texas has 3 wins over the Top 10, 1 loss to the #2 team, and Texas would get "mashed"?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Lifer

who beat florida?

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Time Served

Just got back from Lubbock. I think the polls are just about right. I was going to scream if OU was ahead of UT, or if USC was in the top 5.

What a game last night for Tech! UT played great and are a very good team. Hats off to both schools for a great game. I am sure the nation enjoyed that much more than the previous snoozer between Penn St. and Ohio State.
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

See the Coach's Poll.......

Congrats on a great win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
Just got back from Lubbock. I think the polls are just about right. I was going to scream if OU was ahead of UT, or if USC was in the top 5.

What a game last night for Tech! UT played great and are a very good team. Hats off to both schools for a great game. I am sure the nation enjoyed that much more than the previous snoozer between Penn St. and Ohio State.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 05:31 AM
LUCIFER

Penn State FTW!

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Because only one of them is probably going to finish undefeated. Texas lost, but would you still argue against them being better than Bama or Penn St.

Alabama is gunna play Florida in the SEC chamionship barring something weird. PSU is probably gunna walk away undefeated because the big 10 is fucking weak. And Tech has to play OSU, OU, and the big 12North.
Like I said you lose all ability to BITCH after you LOSE if there are still 2 major undefeated. Once there are a bunch of one loss teams and no undefeateds or 1, then you can start arguing over who's got the "prettier" loss.
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Like I said you lose all ability to BITCH after you LOSE if there are still 2 major undefeated. Once there are a bunch of one loss teams and no undefeateds or 1, then you can start arguing over who's got the "prettier" loss.
Sad but true. Sure, there are some one-loss teams that could beat some undefeated teams, but it can't be proven at this point, and you have to go with the undefeated.

post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Sad but true. Sure, there are some one-loss teams that could beat some undefeated teams, but it can't be proven at this point, and you have to go with the undefeated.
I do not disagree with this statement but how you can tell lets say Penn State that goes undefeated this year....

Sorry you won all your games put in front of you but we are going to let Florida in (who would probably beat Penn) because well we THINK they might be better even though they loss to Ole Miss.
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 06:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I do not disagree with this statement but how you can tell lets say Penn State that goes undefeated this year....

Sorry you won all your games put in front of you but we are going to let Florida in (who would probably beat Penn) because well we THINK they might be better even though they loss to Ole Miss.
You have to go with the team that has the best record. We could argue that UT was at a disadvantage having to play that 4-game run (Mizzou, OU, OSU, and Tech), but the fact is they got beat...
...and #4 ain't that bad.

post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1
Penn State FTW!
Which assistant coach is really their head coach?

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Go Rangers!!

Thumbs up

Alabama takes over BCS' top spot; Texas Tech leaps to No. 2

USA TODAY

BCS STANDINGS: Texas Tech jumps Penn State for No. 2

If the season ended today, Alabama's opponent would be Texas Tech, which moved to second in the BCS after Saturday's 39-33 upset of then-No. 1 Texas. The Red Raiders passed No. 3 Penn State (idle). The move was largely fueled by their average in the computers, a tie for first with Alabama. While they were third in both voting polls, the margin was so close the computer edge was enough to lift them ahead of Penn State, fourth in the computers.

Wreck Em TECH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Holy shit, well it's official, I am fuckin gay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement