Penn St., USC, and 'Bama - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Penn St., USC, and 'Bama

...are poseurs. None of those teams should be ranked as highly as they are. Struggling with unranked teams at this point in the season is not impressive at all. Again, the Big 12 is easily the most dominant conference in the NCAA this year.
*rant off*

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:16 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
...are poseurs. None of those teams should be ranked as highly as they are. Struggling with unranked teams at this point in the season is not impressive at all. Again, the Big 12 is easily the most dominant conference in the NCAA this year.
*rant off*
Until PSU or Bama lose, why would you drop them any lower. They've done all that is asked of them (win every game they have played). Until they drop a game they deserve their spot near the top. If you don't want to have to worry about other teams losing to move up in the rankings, don't lose games (OU) etc.

I'm not saying Penn or Bama is better then OU but they have not lost and deserve a ranking higher then them at this time.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Until PSU or Bama lose, why would you drop them any lower. They've done all that is asked of them (win every game they have played). Until they drop a game they deserve their spot near the top. If you don't want to have to worry about other teams losing to move up in the rankings, don't lose games (OU) etc.

I'm not saying Penn or Bama is better then OU but they have not lost and deserve a ranking higher then them at this time.
They've beaten no one special, and "strength of schedule" is obviously not what they look at. They won't be dropped because they won, but if Texas had played Ouchita Baptist with that result (28-24), the BCS would be all over it.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:33 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
They've beaten no one special, and "strength of schedule" is obviously not what they look at. They won't be dropped because they won, but if Texas had played Ouchita Baptist with that result (28-24), the BCS would be all over it.
Texas would still be #1 and really? Throwing out the Quachita reference lol....

So because a team dropped a game they deserve to be ranked higher then a team that has won every game they played? Penn State won against a solid Ohio State team that will finish the season somewhere near the top 10 (12-14 ish I think). Bama has beaten a #9 team and a #3 team.

OU has beaten 24 (TCU) and Kansas (16 and dropping out of the top 25 more than likely) AND LOST (the big kicker here) to Texas. Who has OU beaten?

Yes the big XII South is great this year but your Big XII bias is making the SEC fans I have to deal with look insignificant.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:

So because a team dropped a game they deserve to be ranked higher then a team that has won every game they played? Penn State won against a solid Ohio State team that will finish the season somewhere near the top 10 (12-14 ish I think). Bama has beaten a #9 team and a #3 team.

OU has beaten 24 (TCU) and Kansas (16 and dropping out of the top 25 more than likely) AND LOST (the big kicker here) to Texas. Who has OU beaten?

Yes the big XII South is great this year but your Big XII bias is making the SEC fans I have to deal with look insignificant.
I'm saying OU and Tech and maybe OSU, would probably beat all comers. It's all hypothetical, but when the season is done and the dust clears, we'll see. The SEC is not what it used to be. Did you watch those games last night? I did, and after watching the Big 12 games, it was like watching paint dry.

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
I'm saying OU and Tech would beat all comers. It's all hypothetical, but when the season is done and the dust clears, we'll see. The SEC is not what it used to be. Did you watch those games last night? I did, and after watching the Big 12 games, it was like watching paint dry.
I watched about 15 mins...to much ass walking around hooters to pay to much attention to it along with the UFC fights coming on.

I don't know if OU and Tech would beat all comers, Tech has look suspect at times and that Penn State D is not to shabby.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Time Served

How about getting OU to stop someone first. That defense is just plain awful.

<---------- Sooner Fan
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I agree with you. IF and its a big if, but if Texas lose to tech by 3 points or less. I think Texas still should be ranked higher then Tech, OU, USC. But it wont happen. Texas has beat the #1 team, #11 team, and #6 team in the nation. The BCS blows.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:24 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
I agree with you. IF and its a big if, but if Texas lose to tech by 3 points or less. I think Texas still should be ranked higher then Tech, OU, USC. But it wont happen. Texas has beat the #1 team, #11 team, and #6 team in the nation. The BCS blows.
Why in the FUCK would Texas be higher then Tech after a loss to Tech?!?!?!?! That is the most retarded shit I've read so far today.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Why in the FUCK would Texas be higher then Tech after a loss to Tech?!?!?!?! That is the most retarded shit I've read so far today.
If Tech beats Texas, they need to be #1, just like Texas is now after beating OU.

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Recovering Lush

Sooner has a win over #12, TCU. OSU has a win over #14 Missouri. Texas has wins over #4, #10, and #14.

Who has Tech beaten? Struggled with A&M, struggled with Nebraska (who struggled with BAYLOR.)

RIGHT NOW (subject to change) it seems that Texas, Sooner, and Ok State have a place at the table. Texas has had a hellish schedule, and still has one last leg to go. Tech now begins their gauntlet, and the jury is out until Tech beats someone.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Yeah. Tech has UT, OSU, and OU the next three weeks. Baylor might be a challenge for them after the next three...

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:38 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Sooner has a win over #11, TCU. OSU has a win over #14 Missouri. Texas has wins over #4, #10, and #14.

Who has Tech beaten? Struggled with A&M, struggled with Nebraska (who struggled with BAYLOR.)

RIGHT NOW (subject to change) it seems that Texas, Sooner, and Ok State have a place at the table. Texas has had a hellish schedule, and still has one last leg to go. Tech now begins their gauntlet, and the jury is out until Tech beats someone.
osu isn't that good, they just got lucky texas D didn't show up to play. they are over rated just like mizzu and KU, well KU won't be ranked now.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Who the fuck has tech played so far. No one. Have they played against a ranked team? I guess yes but they are probably not ranked anymore. Im saying if its a close game I dont think tech should be in front of Texas. And dont be all pisses cause your fuckeyes are sucking this year.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If Tech beats Texas, they need to be #1, just like Texas is now after beating OU.
The only reason Texas was #1 after the OU game casue the #3 and #4 team lost and then bama was idle. If either one those teams won then Texas wouldnt be #1.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Clown

Quote:
Sooner has a win over #11, TCU. OSU has a win over #14 Missouri. Texas has wins over #4, #10, and #14.

True.....but Tech only struggled for 15 mins yesterday to a top 25 team that would take A&M and Nebraska to the cleaners. Don't know which Tech team will show up in Lubbock next week but UT better hope its not the one who showed up in Lawrence.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:43 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82
True.....but Tech only struggled for 15 mins yesterday to a top 25 team that would take A&M and Nebraska to the cleaners. Don't know which Tech team will show up in Lubbock next week but UT better hope its not the one who showed up in Lawrence.
tech better hope that the texas team that showed up yesterday shows up next saturday...lol.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
The only reason Texas was #1 after the OU game casue the #3 and #4 team lost and then bama was idle. If either one those teams won then Texas wouldnt be #1.
People bitched because 'Bama being idle counted against them. I wouldn't take anything for granted at this point. Certain teams (USC, Ohio St., etc.) seem to magically find themselves near the top.

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Recovering Lush

Not to split hairs, but KU is unranked. Tech has zero wins over the Top 25.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
You have officially failed your lucidity test with this comment.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Wolverines!!!

So now that Penn St has the best chance to finish undefeated in the top5... how bad is UT is will whip that ass if they meet?
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Clown

Quote:
Not to split hairs, but KU is unranked. Tech has zero wins over the Top 25.
Right or Wrong, the BCS had them at #23......Though probably overrated
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Recovering Lush

Correct, but they will be out of the Top 25 this week, after falling out of the Coach's Poll.

Quote:
Right or Wrong, the BCS had them at #23......Though probably overrated

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
tech better hope that the texas team that showed up yesterday shows up next saturday...lol.
I think UT played their game yesterday. OSU iis as good as their ranking.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Clown

One thing is for sure...........There will be some Heisman Trophy dreams made or broken during the game next week. This will be Graham's defining moment as a Red Raider. If Tech is going to win the Big 12 this is the best chance they are going to have for a while......I will have my popcorn ready.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Who the fuck has tech played so far. No one. Have they played against a ranked team? I guess yes but they are probably not ranked anymore. Im saying if its a close game I dont think tech should be in front of Texas. And dont be all pisses cause your fuckeyes are sucking this year.
This has NOTHING to do with the Buckeyes, but take off your burnt orange glasses but if Tech beats UT (which is someone) then yes Tech should be in front of UT! Good lord I cannot fathom the lack of logic your brain uses to think a team that loses to another team (when they were both undefeated and closely ranked) that the losing team should remain ranked ahead....
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
One thing is for sure...........There will be some Heisman Trophy dreams made or broken during the game next week. This will be Graham's defining moment as a Red Raider. If Tech is going to win the Big 12 this is the best chance they are going to have for a while......I will have my popcorn ready.

Disagree. Colt has been putting his resume together against Top 10 competition. Harell has beaten no one. Even IF Harell were to outperform Colt for one game, it doesnt negate an entire season's work.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 04:51 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

really? did you watch the game and SEE all the missed fucking tackles? Damn that was awful.

The only thing that makes me feel better is that Muschamp said they were using a different scheme yesterday that they haven't used yet. It was to try and make OSU one diminsional and take away the pass. If that is the case, they did a pretty good job cause you didn't hear much of Dez Bryant yesterday.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
This has NOTHING to do with the Buckeyes, but take off your burnt orange glasses but if Tech beats UT (which is someone) then yes Tech should be in front of UT! Good lord I cannot fathom the lack of logic your brain uses to think a team that loses to another team (when they were both undefeated and closely ranked) that the losing team should remain ranked ahead....
If its a close game and say Texas lose by a point. By the teams they have already play Texas has the stronger schedule so far. I mean the BCS goes by strength of schedule right?
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
wait till OU plays osu and see the out come, if osu wins then they are as good but i see OU blowing them out, which is what texas should have done.
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:06 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Disagree. Colt has been putting his resume together against Top 10 competition. Harell has beaten no one. Even IF Harell were to outperform Colt for one game, it doesnt negate an entire season's work.
if tech somehow pulled off this win it would be harell's to lose, same goes to colt it is his right now till he fucks up.
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:26 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
If its a close game and say Texas lose by a point. By the teams they have already play Texas has the stronger schedule so far. I mean the BCS goes by strength of schedule right?
Losing is still a LOSS! geez...when you race do you just try to lose by a few hundreths and it makes you feel better?
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Losing is still a LOSS! geez...when you race do you just try to lose by a few hundreths and it makes you feel better?
Since I havent raced in about 7 years I have no idea how it would feel. If I ran my best time ever I guess it would make me feel better. I know a lost is a lost but Texas beat OU and OU will be ranked higher then Texas with the same record. I just think this ranking shit is bullshit. And I dont understand how tech is rank so high. They havent beat anyone yet. Im just saying if Texas lose by a small margin which is less then 3, then Texas should drop out of the top 5, just because of the teams they have beaten.
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Recovering Lush

I'll say this:

If Texas loses to Tech, Tech should be ahead of them, obviously.

HOWEVER........I suspect that Texas would still be ahead of Tech in the BCS, due to SoS, computer rankings, etc.

I dont LIKE the BCS, but that IS the reality of our current system. If Tech makes it through the gauntlet, crown em! But Texas is merely the 1/2 way mark.....

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'll say this:

If Texas loses to Tech, Tech should be ahead of them, obviously.

HOWEVER........I suspect that Texas would still be ahead of Tech in the BCS, due to SoS, computer rankings, etc.

I dont LIKE the BCS, but that IS the reality of our current system. If Tech makes it through the gauntlet, crown em! But Texas is merely the 1/2 way mark.....
Im sorry I guess that is what I meant is ranked higher in the BCS. In all those other stupid polls I guess Tech should be ranked higher.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:39 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Since I havent raced in about 7 years I have no idea how it would feel. If I ran my best time ever I guess it would make me feel better. I know a lost is a lost but Texas beat OU and OU will be ranked higher then Texas with the same record. I just think this ranking shit is bullshit. And I dont understand how tech is rank so high. They havent beat anyone yet. Im just saying if Texas lose by a small margin which is less then 3, then Texas should drop out of the top 5, just because of the teams they have beaten.

if texas loses this is where the bcs gets tricky. Would the voters and computers put a 1 loss texas behind a 1 loss ou team that they beat earlier in the year? Some would say no, but i'm not sure.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
if texas loses this is where the bcs gets tricky. Would the voters and computers put a 1 loss texas behind a 1 loss ou team that they beat earlier in the year? Some would say no, but i'm not sure.
I think they should base it off of who they have played and beat. But you never know with the BCS
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
if tech blows out ut then yes if texas loses by 7 or less then no
Sponsored Links
Advertisement