Texas Tech did their part! - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Texas Tech did their part!

Now its up to the Horns for a major clash in Lubbock! Also likely to be another College Gameday coverage for Texas only this time in Lubbock!

Go Horns! Beat Xerox U!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Good times
 
SVT Lurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,488
UT is off to a good start.

n/a
SVT Lurch is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
UT is doing OK. They need to stop the OSU offense, though. They've given a short field, and OSU gets the ball starting the second half.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Lifer
 
stacy532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: lubbock,tx
Posts: 1,367
i slept through the tech game im a lazy bastard....lol

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'


13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
stacy532 is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 761
The stage is set! I cannot wait for next Saturday night....
5.8 STANG is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Texas by 10 next week.
HOOK'EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
It will be one helluva game.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Should be a great one. I'm just wondering how long Texas can keep playing at a high enough level to get it done. If they can get through this schedule undefeated that's one hell of an accomplishment. My best friend is from Tech and the shit talking texts have already started!
slow99 is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Should be a great one. I'm just wondering how long Texas can keep playing at a high enough level to get it done. If they can get through this schedule undefeated that's one hell of an accomplishment. My best friend is from Tech and the shit talking texts have already started!
Texas' weakness to the run showed today. They will de-cleat Harrell every chance they get. They know he won't/can't run, and will be in his face on every down.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Texas' weakness to the run showed today. They will de-cleat Harrell every chance they get. They know he won't/can't run, and will be in his face on every down.
Couldn't stop the run for shit. The good thing is, they stopped OSU when it counted. What the fuck was up with the kickoffs???! That was absolutely horrible.
slow99 is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Couldn't stop the run for shit. The good thing is, they stopped OSU when it counted. What the fuck was up with the kickoffs???! That was absolutely horrible.
OSU is known for kick-off returns (or that one guy is). I thought he was gone. I think maybe Texas was looking just a tad bit ahead? How could you not, when they know that in all reality, Tech is all that stands between them and a Nat. Championship? I'll bet that they'll be ready, too. Then if they can beat A&M by 90 points, I'll have a Happy Thanksgiving.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
OSU is known for kick-off returns (or that one guy is). I thought he was gone. I think maybe Texas was looking just a tad bit ahead? How could you not, when they know that in all reality, Tech is all that stands between them and a Nat. Championship? I'll bet that they'll be ready, too. Then if they can beat A&M by 90 points, I'll have a Happy Thanksgiving.
You know Im a huge Texas fan but yes if Texas beat tech they are a little bit closer to the national championship, but they still have to play the big 12 championship and it will be mizz. And its hard to beat the same school twice, especially a good school. So lets just take it one game at a time.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:03 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
You know Im a huge Texas fan but yes if Texas beat tech they are a little bit closer to the national championship, but they still have to play the big 12 championship and it will be mizz. And its hard to beat the same school twice, especially a good school. So lets just take it one game at a time.

why? we're fans, not players, i'll look ahead if i want to!!
bert89coupe is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
why? we're fans, not players, i'll look ahead if i want to!!
Thats you. Im not getting excited until they win the big 12 championship.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:01 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Thats you. Im not getting excited until they win the big 12 championship.

hey i didn't say i was going to, just said i could if i WANTED to.

Now, bring on that new and improved Tech defense
bert89coupe is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
You know Im a huge Texas fan but yes if Texas beat tech they are a little bit closer to the national championship, but they still have to play the big 12 championship and it will be mizz. And its hard to beat the same school twice, especially a good school. So lets just take it one game at a time.
I don't play or coach, so I don't have to "take one game at a time". That theory is for players...I want it all NOW.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I don't play or coach, so I don't have to "take one game at a time". That theory is for players...I want it all NOW.
I know. I just dont want to jinks Texas and they lose to tech or any of the remaining games.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:46 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Hopefully gameday will go to Lubbock and we'll get some more Corso Merkin signs in there.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Good times
 
SVT Lurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Hopefully gameday will go to Lubbock
They are.

n/a
SVT Lurch is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:09 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
They are.
We need some "Sup, Knight??" and "I found Bob Knights Merkin" signs.

Maybe a sip can get in a Butt Pirate reference (they should know, they are butt pirates)


Or even better: "So Knight, You shot anyone lately???" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Last edited by Who Needs 8; 10-26-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome