Anyone else see this shit? TX vs Okie State - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Anyone else see this shit? TX vs Okie State

TX is favored by 12.5. Are you fucking kidding me?

I mean, I know Texas is playing really really well right now and all, but SHIT! I think it's going to be a much closer game than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Recovering Lush

I think Texas pulls away by 2 TDs in the end, but the game will be much closer. That being said, I wouldn't put a wooden nickel on that.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop

I mean, I know Texas is playing really really well right now and all, but SHIT! I think it's going to be a much closer game than that.
With the game being in Austin, that's about right. I think it would be a much closer game in Stillwater.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

we all thought Mizz would be a much closer game as well. UT is damn good(I hate saying that) & it's gonna take a lot to knock them off.
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Lifer

If UT hadn't taken Mizzou apart like they did, it would be a smaller spread. Honestly, I'm not so sure I'd take OSU and the points...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Time Served

<---Not a huge UT fan, but after I saw them whip OU's ass, I watched OKST and Mizz play. It didn't even look like it was the same league as far as the athletes are concerned. Texas runs away with this this year.
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm over it!

Quote:

I think this is the first statement i have ever agreed with you on. I think it will be a EXTREMELY close game but Texas will pull through at the end. Oklahoma State always gives a good game and they are not doing bad this year at all.

post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson
I think this is the first statement i have ever agreed with you on. I think it will be a EXTREMELY close game but Texas will pull through at the end. Oklahoma State always gives a good game and they are not doing bad this year at all.
I would not want to play UT in Austin, no matter who I am. At this point in time, it's like trying to stop a runaway freight train...

post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson
I think this is the first statement i have ever agreed with you on.

Ahh, how quickly we forget. We agree on lots. Like your sugar tits, my ginormous dong, me being the best lover you ever had, etc. Oh, shit. I forgot that you were passed out that night....

Yeah, Okie State's D has looked impressive thus far. I don't know that Okie State will win, but I think they will keep it close.
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92gt
<---Not a huge UT fan, but after I saw them whip OU's ass

There was no whipping of anyone's ass. Anyone with half a brain that watched that game, knows it was too close for comfort. It was much closer than the final score would lead you to believe. Best game of football (NFL included) that I've seen in a long time.
post #11 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
There was no whipping of anyone's ass. Anyone with half a brain that watched that game, knows it was too close for comfort. It was much closer than the final score would lead you to believe. Best game of football (NFL included) that I've seen in a long time.
As a 'Horns fan, I wasn't comfortable until the 2:00 mark. Funny shit tends to happen in games of that caliber...

post #12 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm over it!

Quote:
Ahh, how quickly we forget. We agree on lots. Like your sugar tits, my ginormous dong, me being the best lover you ever had, etc. Oh, shit. I forgot that you were passed out that night....

Yeah, Okie State's D has looked impressive thus far. I don't know that Okie State will win, but I think they will keep it close.

Never on football though! LOL Yeah i say as close as a field goal difference. But hey im never right about sports hahaha

post #13 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Recovering Lush

Scorewise, no. Physically, Texas whipped Oklahoma. Think back to the OU DTs and LBs standing with their hands on their sides/knees huffing for air, while the Texas D was still going balls out.

It was a helluva game, but Texas FINALLY physically dominated Oklahoma. Something that hasn't been seen in years.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
As a 'Horns fan, I wasn't comfortable until the 2:00 mark. Funny shit tends to happen in games of that caliber...

Yeah, the half of the game I caught, I was in a house full of Horns fans. None of them were able to breath deep until it was over.
post #15 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Fear the Stashe

gotta admit, i havnt seen much of OSU this year on tv..

But it looks about right, I figured Missouri would give Texas a game, Texas blew the shit out of them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #16 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
gotta admit, i havnt seen much of OSU this year on tv..

But it looks about right, I figured Missouri would give Texas a game, Texas blew the shit out of them..

Same here, and I picked OU to beat Tx earlier as well. TX isn't fucking around

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #17 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
What Can Brown Do For You

This Texas team isn't playing around with anyone... I think they know it's now or never... I see this being a tight game but see them winning by 10 for sure.
post #18 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Time Served

I will give Ok. St & 12.5 points for $100! or whatever
post #19 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Yeah, the half of the game I caught, I was in a house full of Horns fans. None of them were able to breath deep until it was over.
thats bc its the shoutouts of the past!!! horn fans were nervous till the end bc of all the times ou had their number! UT physicaly beat the shit out of the sooners!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #20 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:11 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
This Texas team isn't playing around with anyone... I think they know it's now or never... I see this being a tight game but see them winning by 10 for sure.
I agree . . . this tu team looks more like a T E A M than the '05 team did. The '05 team relied on one guy to pull flying monkey's out his ass more than they should have. This team relies on each other, and it's proving itself out on the field.

In other news: Thousands of New Mexico Fathers are putting Texas soil under their sons crib.

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #21 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
I agree . . . this tu team looks more like a T E A M than the '05 team did. The '05 team relied on one guy to pull flying monkey's out his ass more than they should have. This team relies on each other, and it's proving itself out on the field.

In other news: Thousands of New Mexico Fathers are putting Texas soil under their sons crib.
Man...do I really want to open this can of worms?

post #22 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Back To Normal

Pass O
Okst - 52
Tex - 13

Rush O
Okst - 5
Tex - 28

Pass D
Okst - 77
Tex - 111

Rush D
Okst - 35
Tex 2

By the numbers. Okst is better at running then passing. Fortunately Texas is much better at stopping the run then the pass. Texas will shut down the run and force Okst to become one dimensional. Unfortunately it will not be Oksts strength. This will force some turnovers. Texas is up by 2 TDs going into the half. Okst never recovers. JMO.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #23 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT

. Texas is up by 2 TDs going into the half. Okst never recovers. JMO.
totally agree

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #24 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Texas is up by 2 TDs going into the half. Okst never recovers. JMO.
Good one!
post #25 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:30 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
this will be mizzu part 2 osu is not that good a team, and this will show saturday
post #26 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 PM
CEO of......

Texas-45
Okie St.-24
post #27 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
Texas-45
Okie St.-24
Don't tease me. Damn! I wish I could be there!

post #28 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

tell me about it, if i didn't have to work this weekend I WOULD BE THERE!!! damn job
post #29 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Man...do I really want to open this can of worms?
ok, ok, Hundereds of New Mexico Fathers are putting Texas soil under their sons cribs.

Is that better?

post #30 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
ok, ok, Hundereds of New Mexico Fathers are putting Texas soil under their sons cribs.

Is that better?

i'm just trying to figure out what the point of you statement was? And i know the story.
post #31 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:47 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of you statement was? And i know the story.
The point is Muffburger is an idiot.

post #32 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:51 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
The point is Muffburger is an idiot.

i see
post #33 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
You can live your life through me

I'll be there like always, screaming my ass off. Last week was the loudest I have ever heard DKR so I hope the energy will carry over to this week. Okie St always gives UT a good game, no matter the records.

post #34 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R

I'll be there like always, screaming my ass off. Last week was the loudest I have ever heard DKR so I hope the energy will carry over to this week. Okie St always gives UT a good game, no matter the records.
My kid sends me text-messages during the games. I'm looking for tickets to the A&M game if you hear anything.

post #35 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:10 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R

well, unless you're talking about the '06 game, that wasn't anywhere close. Which i'm hoping for saturday
post #36 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
well, unless you're talking about the '06 game, that wasn't anywhere close. Which i'm hoping for saturday
Mainly '04, '05, and '07. The '04 game was probably the best game at DKR I've ever been to.

post #37 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Seems some are confused on how lines are set and maintained.

The bookies just want the vig. They'll move the line up and down depending on where they get the most action...

Seems like -12.5 and -12.0 are getting them some good money at the moment. They just want the 10% vig.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #38 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Just like how missouri was suppose to beat Texas. I think the spread is too low. You just got your OU glasses on and cant see how good Texas is.
post #39 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:49 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Just like how missouri was suppose to beat Texas. I think the spread is too low. You just got your OU glasses on and cant see how good Texas is.
or how not so good OSU and mizzu really are.
post #40 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
or how not so good OSU and mizzu really are.
That to.
post #41 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
I'll post up when I get home.
post #42 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
You just got your OU glasses on and cant see how good Texas is.

wow..someone has the nerve to call someone out .. LOL

But anyways, i was suppose to go down to Austin with my friends, but his uncle couldnt get us tickets.

They run some sort of UT Party Bus or some crap, i dont know the whole story but they usually find tickets easily.

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #43 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Hey faggot, how are your beloved Colts doing again? Oh, sorry. I must have hit a sore spot.
post #44 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Hey faggot, how are your beloved Colts doing again? Oh, sorry. I must have hit a sore spot.

im sure he'll pop up in the next Cowboys/Ou/Non related Colts & UT thread saying

"they suck "

Quote:
post #45 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
im sure he'll pop up in the next Cowboys/Ou/Non related Colts & UT thread saying

"they suck "

Or maybe he'll grace us with his presence in the thread I just posted.
post #46 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Texas-45

Okie St.-24
but at half ok state up 21 - 0

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #47 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy532
No shit. That's what scares me about this game. Ok St has a propensity to pour it on Texas early.
post #48 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy532
Possibly...but I don't see how OSU can keep Texas from scoring. If anything, it'll be a shootout. With UT scoring 45 and 56 against the likes of OU and Mizzou, a "goose-egg" at half-time is not likely at all. I still think this years' 'Horns team is a little different...

post #49 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Possibly...but I don't see how OSU can keep Texas from scoring.
You might be surprised. Ok State always plays TX tough, and their D has looked pretty solid this year . I'm not saying they will keep TX scoreless, but it will be interesting.

Quote:
I still think this years' 'Horns team is a little different...

They sure appear to be. They have surprised everyone this year, including all the TX fans.
post #50 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You might be surprised. Ok State always plays TX tough, and their D has looked pretty solid this year . I'm not saying they will keep TX scoreless, but it will be interesting.

They sure appear to be. They have surprised everyone this year, including all the TX fans.
By "different", the defense has really come on. I, for one, have been pleasantly surprised this year, and never really gave a thought to them even being ranked #1. So far, McCoy has made a huge difference. Can he keep this pace? We'll see...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement