This is why I am proud to have Mike Leach as the coach of the Red Raiders! - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
This is why I am proud to have Mike Leach as the coach of the Red Raiders!

Brilliant!

Texas Tech's Leach wonders about perception
11:05 PM CDT on Monday, October 20, 2008
By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]
Coach Mike Leach used a question about tougher-than-expected wins over Nebraska and Texas A&M to talk about how teams are perceived. He wondered why both schools have been viewed as having strong recent recruiting classes but are considered struggling programs when they face Tech.

"Then they want to tell me we should have beaten them worse than we did," Leach said. "There's something ironic there. ... Maybe we just don't talk about being down or complain about it as much as other guys."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...13244b125.html

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
You should know that Tech never gets any love on the national level. Especially from the media.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Oh I do. Thats why I love that he says things like this!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
 
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
I read it. You don't think he comes across as a crybaby? Do you REALLY think A&M is worth a shit? A 1 win team? Tech will get their chance soon enough.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

Last edited by Vertnut; 10-21-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Vertnut is offline  
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I read it. You don't think he comes across as a crybaby? Do you REALLY think A&M is worth a shit? A 1 win team? Tech will get there chance soon enough.


I can't speak for the Raiders, but I sure do. I office with a guy that graduated from Tech, and even he knows Mike Leach's fat ass is a whiney douchebag. Anyone that doesn't think or know that, is obviously blinded by their allegiance.
bcoop is offline  
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
I think they still have to earn it. Beat top tier programs, and do it consistently.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
You should know that Tech never gets any love on the national level. Especially from the media.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:54 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
I've said it before, I'm a fan of Mike Leach, much like I am a fan of Bob Knight and Bill Parcels, because he treats the Media the way they should be treated. He's a media mastermind, talking to them like you would a 5 year old child. (I wish, as I think most Cowboy fans that listen to the press conferences, Wade Phillips would treat the media the same way but he's such a "nice guy" he feels obligated to answer their questions no matter how stupid they are, especially the "entertainment news-like" questions asked by women that have not one damn thing to do with football).

Of course, that insults the media and they will get back at him by making him look like a Simpleton or a crybaby. Let's face it, for the most part we only know a Coach the way the media reports them, right or wrong (which is why I don't watch Dale Hansen). So I'll defend Mike Leach and I don't think he's a crybaby.


All that being said: Of course the winning team "doesn't complain" as much. My question is this, since when have two re-building teams with new coach's (A&M and Nebraska) have STRONG RECRUITING CLASSES????

Did I miss a memo? I thought raider has been out recruiting A&M for years now, and have been making sure everyone and their DOG know about it. A&M has the least amount of DEPTH in my lifetime as a DIRECT RESULT OF PISS POOR RECRUITING which definatly doesn't work in the system that Sherman wants to have, which is like night and day compaired to the Frantastic system. Fuckin'-A . . . our 2nd String QB is the #1 WR, and the 3rd String QB is the #2 WR. That's STRONG RECRUITING???

But then again, I know nothing about college football.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Last edited by Who Needs 8; 10-21-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
BOOMER SOONER!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
You should know that Tech never gets any love on the national level. Especially from the media.
why should they?
BlueThunder99TA is offline  
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
You should know that Tech never gets any love on the national level. Especially from the media.
What have they done this year to warrant it? They haven't beat a team. They squeak out a win against a horrible Nebraska team, and go into the half down against a god awful A&M team and expect to be given respect? Come the fuck on.

Slowhand is offline  
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
I've said it before, I'm a fan of Mike Leach, much like I am a fan of Bob Knight and Bill Parcels, because he treats the Media the way they should be treated. He's a media mastermind, talking to them like you would a 5 year old child. (I wish, as I think most Cowboy fans that listen to the press conferences, Wade Phillips would treat the media the same way but he's such a "nice guy" he feels obligated to answer their questions no matter how stupid they are, especially the "entertainment news-like" questions asked by women that have not one damn thing to do with football).

Of course, that insults the media and they will get back at him by making him look like a Simpleton or a crybaby. Let's face it, for the most part we only know a Coach the way the media reports them, right or wrong (which is why I don't watch Dale Hansen). So I'll defend Mike Leach and I don't think he's a crybaby.


All that being said: Of course the winning team "doesn't complain" as much. My question is this, since when have two re-building teams with new coach's (A&M and Nebraska) have STRONG RECRUITING CLASSES????

Did I miss a memo? I thought raider has been out recruiting A&M for years now, and have been making sure everyone and their DOG know about it. A&M has the least amount of DEPTH in my lifetime as a DIRECT RESULT OF PISS POOR RECRUITING which definatly doesn't work in the system that Sherman wants to have, which is like night and day compaired to the Frantastic system. Fuckin'-A . . . our 2nd String QB is the #1 WR, and the 3rd String QB is the #2 WR. That's STRONG RECRUITING???

But then again, I know nothing about college football.
Good post. Rebuilding or not I want to add a few stats.

2008:
A&M - 16
NEB - 30
TTU - 45

2007:
A&M - 43
NEB - 13
TTU - 52

2006:
A&M - 27
NEB - 20
TTU - 25

2005:
A&M - 8
NEB - 5
TTU - 37

This is all according to rivals team recruiting rankings. I know it's not THAT simple though.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.

Last edited by 2001 GT; 10-21-2008 at 02:51 PM.
2001 GT is offline  
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Good post. Rebuilding or not I want to add a few stats.

2008:
A&M - 16
NEB - 30
TTU - 45

2007:
A&M - 43
NEB - 13
TTU - 52

2006:
A&M - 27
NEB - 20
TTU - 25

2005:
A&M - 8
NEB - 5
TTU - 37

This is all according to rivals team recruiting rankings.
What do the numbers relate too? Recruits, or national ranking of recruits?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
What do the numbers relate too? Recruits, or national ranking of recruits?
I'm not sure of the exact formula but it looks to be on a points system that is calculated by number of recruits attained and those recruits star/talent level.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:03 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
I'm not sure of the exact formula but it looks to be on a points system that is calculated by number of recruits attained and those recruits star/talent level.
That is how they are ranked in the country on their recruiting class correct?
Nate is offline  
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
That is how they are ranked in the country on their recruiting class correct?
Yep

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
I'm not sure of the exact formula but it looks to be on a points system that is calculated by number of recruits attained and those recruits star/talent level.
It sounds to me, like Leach is just finding justification in why Tech had a tough time with those teams. Frankly, A&M hasn't been in the national spotlight since Jesus wore short pants, and Nebraska got beat by Mizzou by 35 points.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
It sounds to me, like Leach is just finding justification in why Tech had a tough time with those teams. Frankly, A&M hasn't been in the national spotlight since Jesus wore short pants, and Nebraska got beat by Mizzou by 35 points.
I'm not arguing with you there. But it hasn't been because the talent hasn't been there. It's because the coaches didn't know how to utilize that talent.

I think thatís all Leach is trying to say. Those teams have had more talent historically then Tech. Yet Tech is the one perceived as not playing up to their ability when we match up against these teams. Thatís how I understand Leachís quote.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
I'm not arguing with you there. But it hasn't been because the talent hasn't been there. It's because the coaches didn't know how to utilize that talent.

I think thatís all Leach is trying to say. Those teams have had more talent historically then Tech. Yet Tech is the one perceived as not playing up to their ability when we match up against these teams. Thatís how I understand Leachís quote.
So he's stroking himself and his coaching ability...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
So he's stroking himself and his coaching ability...
Is that really all you got out of my last comment?

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 06:55 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
But the real question is, was Mike Leach drunk when he said this?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:16 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
But the real question is, was Mike Leach drunk when he said this?
Off Rum? Of course, a pirate woudn't have it any other way.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
But the real question is, was Mike Leach drunk when he said this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Off Rum? Of course, a pirate woudn't have it any other way.
Aggy and Tsip uniting together to fight the evil that is Raider...say it aint so!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Is that really all you got out of my last comment?
"...coaches didn't know how to utilize that talent".

"Those teams have had more talent historically than Tech".

Sounds like a coaching difference to me.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
I dont really care much for his style of play on the field, but from a persononality standpoint, I think Leach is one of the great ones. I love his quick witted yet dry humor, and how he always talks to the media in a condescending nature...yet most of the time, they're too stupid to realize it.


Brillant would be a great word to describe him. (Not related to football)

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Aggy and Tsip uniting together to fight the evil that is Raider...say it aint so!
I dont know about all that. I'm a huge Tech fan this weekend.
Next weekend, however.......


color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Aggy and Tsip uniting together to fight the evil that is Raider...say it aint so!


watch your mouth
bert89coupe is offline  
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:16 AM
What Can Brown Do For You
 
regaltip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I think he is brilliant too, but there is also a fine line between genius and instanity...

http://texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=866497

THIS, is why I love Leach! So unconvential and just.....out there!
took a page out of A&M's history book... i wouldn't call it Brilliant i would call it gutsy...
regaltip is offline  
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:59 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
took a page out of A&M's history book... i wouldn't call it Brilliant i would call it gutsy...
History book? E. King Gill wasn't a kicker, lol.



Quote:
"I've seen that guy try one kick," added Leach. "But the difference between his and the others is that they barely got off the ground. His got up right away."

Even a Pirate would say, "AARRRHHH, thar be drinkin' ye wrong rum."

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Last edited by Who Needs 8; 10-22-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Lifer
 
redfiveohconv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
You should know that Tech never gets any love on the national level. Especially from the media.
The Media only recognizes the east coast, and west coast (California) teams. Same with professional sports.
redfiveohconv is offline  
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:45 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
I think they still have to earn it. Beat top tier programs, and do it consistently.

When they start playing Ohio State, LSU, Florida, FSU, Miami (on a good Miami year), etc, then I may start showing Tech a little love, but until then, they are still the bastard child of the Big 12, not much better really than Baylor...

HOOCBB is offline  
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfiveohconv
The Media only recognizes the east coast, and west coast (California) teams. Same with professional sports.
Bret Muffburger might have something to say about that . . . but everything he says is retarded, so . . .

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB
When they start playing Ohio State, LSU, Florida, FSU, Miami (on a good Miami year), etc, then I may start showing Tech a little love, but until then, they are still the bastard child of the Big 12, not much better really than Baylor...
Interesting that you mention that. When Tulsa backed out of our season opener LSU also had a spot open. The Tech AD went after them trying to schedule LSU. But apparently the converstion was so one sided that it never went anywhere. LSU wanted one game at their house and didn't want to come to Lubbock the next year for a repeat performance. As you might know that's usually not how these deals work.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Tech has been better than A&M for a long time, and waaaay better than Baylor.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 03:47 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
I just keep waiting for Leach to launch into "I still believe in you"

stinginstang is offline  
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Didnt Baylor Beat the Ags recently? And come clsoe a second time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB
When they start playing Ohio State, LSU, Florida, FSU, Miami (on a good Miami year), etc, then I may start showing Tech a little love, but until then, they are still the bastard child of the Big 12, not much better really than Baylor...

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Didnt Baylor Beat the Ags recently? And come clsoe a second time?
Baylor beat A&M in '04, and lost to them in OT in '05.

Anyone realize that Baylor still has to play Mizzou, Texas, and Tech?

I guess we'll see if that frosh QB is for the real...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:19 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Baylor beat A&M in '04, and lost to them in OT in '05.

i forget who texas was playing after Baylor beat aggy, but i do remember a longhorn fan in a bear costume with a baylor jersey on in the stands though LOL i know their is a picture of it somewhere........
bert89coupe is offline  
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
The media just gets pissed going to Lubbock. Hell, I was pissed having to go out there for school
Sean88gt is offline  
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 08:03 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
oh come on now, West Texas kicks ass!
damn straight
stinginstang is offline  
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang
I just keep waiting for Leach to launch into "I still believe in you"


Hahahahahaha

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Good times
 
SVT Lurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
The media just gets pissed going to Lubbock. Hell, I was pissed having to go out there for school
Amen. People keep asking me when I'm coming back to visit, and then they get mad when I can't stop laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
oh come on now, West Texas kicks ass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang
damn straight
I hope you're both being sarcastic.

n/a
SVT Lurch is offline  
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
Amen. People keep asking me when I'm coming back to visit, and then they get mad when I can't stop laughing.


I hope you're both being sarcastic.
best looking women anywhere
stinginstang is offline  
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Good times
 
SVT Lurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang
best looking women anywhere
Which is why it's a great place to visit, but living there SUCKS.
SVT Lurch is offline  
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang
best looking women anywhere

Im guessing youve never been to Austin?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 02:35 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Im guessing youve never been to Austin?
Oh, I've been there. I just don't dig lesbian granola girls with hairy pits.
stinginstang is offline  
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang
Oh, I've been there. I just don't dig lesbian granola girls with hairy pits.
Then quit hanging out at "Hippy Hollow"...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Im guessing youve never been to Austin?
Tech women > UT women, from what I've seen. There are plenty of hot chicks here, but the Tech talent was unreal the times I was there.
slow99 is offline  
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Lifer
 
stacy532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: lubbock,tx
Posts: 1,367
i think mike leach found out this kicker was better than his after the kick he made it for free rent, said "hmm that looked pretty good" and then found out that kid was a hs kicker and a damn good one...well thats kinda how the news story went, but if he does stay as a tech kicker he looses the free rent...
ive lived in amarillo , albuquerque, and all over west texas and even though you spend all year bitching about this and that its not a bad place to live...I went to the oreilly fall nationals in ennis this year and i think i must of counted 350 waffle houses over there....lol

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'


13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
stacy532 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome