Dallas Cowboys - current worst team in the NFL? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Dallas Cowboys - current worst team in the NFL?

I say yes. Due to a horrid combination of injuries, play calling, ineptitude and just plain dont-give-a-shit, this team has sunk to the bottom of the ranks. It's just incredible to me that they got steamrolled by a team that just won its first game last week.

The Cowboys were so bad that they made the crap-ass Rams look like the '06 Colts out there. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated as a fan. What a waste of good talent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM

In the words of TRent Dilfer yesterday.... "all show and no go"

Go Redskins!
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
I say yes. Due to a horrid combination of injuries, play calling, ineptitude and just plain dont-give-a-shit, this team has sunk to the bottom of the ranks. It's just incredible to me that they got steamrolled by a team that just won its first game last week.

The Cowboys were so bad that they made the crap-ass Rams look like the '06 Colts out there. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated as a fan. What a waste of good talent.

1). Absolutely not. You've got teams out there that still haven't won a game, and you think the Cowboys are the worst in the league? You're high, Danny. You're reaching, too.

2.) I'm tired of Jason Garrett being blame free. He shoulders a lot of this shit, and people refuse to acknowledge it because he's the 'Golden Boy' when it comes to offense. In all honesty, I think he might be a bit too smart. He's overthinking shit. He's trying to run plays on 3rd down that are absurd. Get back to the basics, Garrett. 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 are RUNNING plays. Quit trying to pull some play action bullshit that the defense bites on every time, amongst other things. Shove it down their fucking throats. Run it up the middle, not around the end. Jason, your play calling thus far this season doesn't warrant a coaching position with football at the YMCA. Much less one of NFL's elite. Open your eyes, and realize you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

3.) I told EVERYONE on here last week, that the Cowboys would not win a single game with Johnson as QB. Nobody listened. What could they have done instead? Bartel looked promising in the one pre season game he played in. Fuck, give him a chance. If nothing else, he's not a 40 year old has been. Brad, your time came and went 5 years ago. You were never a stellar QB. Give up, and get over it. You refusing to retire is hindering the Cowboys future. Shit, Culpepper is sitting on a couch somewhere watching Sunday Ticket. Call him up. If only for this season, I'm ok with that.

4.) Were the Cowboys bad? Sure. Look pathetic? Absolutely. All of this shit is fixable though. The stupid penalties, play calling, etc. Jerry needs to send a message. Although, we've gone all day and he hasn't fired a single coach. This tells me he's not going to send a message, at least, until they lose another game. It will be too late by then, Jerry. If I were him, I'd start fining players for penalties. Especially when it's the same players, and the same penalties. Columbo, you fat fuck, you move before the QB calls for it, it's going to cost you $10k. Andre, if you so much as think about having another botched snap (or lack thereof as displayed in the AZ game), it's going to cost your ass $10k. Same goes for Flozell's fat false starting ass. ANYONE that gets called on a penalty on third down - automatic 2 game suspension. Those are the dumbest fucking penalties there are. This is fundamental football, people. Shit you learned in pee wee. Some of you might think I'm going overboard here, but these assholes don't have any consequences. You start hitting them where it hurts, you might get their attention. If that doesn't get their attention, don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out. Buh-bye.

Fuck yes, I'm frustrated. Fuck yes, something needs to be done. In fact, multiple things need to be done. But are they the worst team in the league? That's just ignorant, plain and simple.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:27 PM
que?

we have been playing like absolute dogshit lately

but still...GO COWBOYS!!!
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
1). Absolutely not. You've got teams out there that still haven't won a game, and you think the Cowboys are the worst in the league? You're high, Danny. You're reaching, too.

2.) I'm tired of Jason Garrett being blame free. He shoulders a lot of this shit, and people refuse to acknowledge it because he's the 'Golden Boy' when it comes to offense. In all honesty, I think he might be a bit too smart. He's overthinking shit. He's trying to run plays on 3rd down that are absurd. Get back to the basics, Garrett. 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 are RUNNING plays. Quit trying to pull some play action bullshit that the defense bites on every time, amongst other things. Jason, your play calling thus far this season doesn't warrant a coaching position with football at the Y. Much less one of NFL's elite. Open your eyes, and realize you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

3.) I told EVERYONE on here last week, that the Cowboys would not win a single game with Johnson as QB. Nobody listened. What could they have done instead? Bartel looked promising in the one pre season game he played in. Fuck, give him a chance. If nothing else, he's not a 40 year old has been. Brad, your time came and went 5 years ago. You were never a stellar QB. Give up, and get over it. You refusing to retire is hindering the Cowboys future.

4.) Were the Cowboys bad? Sure. Look pathetic? Absolutely. All of this shit is fixable though. The stupid penalties, play calling, etc. Jerry needs to send a message. Although, we've gone all day and he hasn't fired a single coach. This tells me he's not going to send a message, at least, until they lose another game. It will be too late by then, Jerry. If I were him, I'd start fining players for penalties. Especially when it's the same players, and the same penalties. Columbo, you fat fuck, you move before the QB calls for it, it's going to cost you $10k. Andre, if you so much as think about having another botched snap (or lack thereof as displayed in the AZ game), it's going to cost your ass $10k. Same goes for Flozell's fat false starting ass. ANYONE that gets called on a penalty on third down - automatic 2 game suspension. Those are the dumbest fucking penalties there are. This is fundamental football, people. Shit you learned in pee wee. Some of you might think I'm going overboard here, but these assholes don't have any consequences. You start hitting them where it hurts, you might get their attention. If that doesn't get their attention, don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out. Buh-bye.

Fuck yes, I'm frustrated. Fuck yes, something needs to be done. In fact, multiple things need to be done. But are they the worst team in the league? That's just ignorant, plain and simple.

Not to sure about Bartel i played college ball with him well he played and i sat the bench he is not a very smart quarterback and i dont think he would have done any better if he could quite making dumb descisions he might be a good back up.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
Not to sure about Bartel i played college ball with him well he played and i sat the bench he is not a very smart quarterback and i dont think he would have done any better if he could quite making dumb descisions he might be a good back up.

He looked good in the pre season, that's all I'm saying. Not Aikman good, or even Romo good. But good enough to fill the spot for an injured starter. My main point on that, is solidifying what I said about not winning a game with Johnson at QB. Doesn't have to be Bartel. Fuck, put Romo in there. He'd have been much better off than 17-34 and 3 INTs, broken pinky and all!
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris
I tried to tell yall

No, you're a bumbling fucking moron. We've been trying to tell you.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
He looked good in the pre season, that's all I'm saying. Not Aikman good, or even Romo good. But good enough to fill the spot for an injured starter. My main point on that, is solidifying what I said about not winning a game with Johnson at QB. Doesn't have to be Bartel. Fuck, put Romo in there. He'd have been much better off than 17-34 and 3 INTs, broken pinky and all!

Bollinger can play good for short periods of time. That is the direction I would go in while Romo is out.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Yes i myself think Romo would have done better.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
Bollinger can play good for short periods of time. That is the direction I would go in while Romo is out.

Completely forgot that guy was on the roster. He sucks dick too, but he'd have done a better job than Johnson.
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Lifer

The '08 Lions are worse
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Lifer

haha i dunno about yall but that was a pretty shitty performance. If i was jerry i would ask for my money back

98 Brokra
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
The '08 Lions are worse

Cincy - 0-7
Detroit - 0-6
SF - 2-5
Seattle - 1-5
Miami - 2-4
Cleveland - 2-4
Houston - 2-4
Oakland - 2-4
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't think I've ever been more frustrated as a fan. What a waste of good talent.

i completely agree there. this year has turned real bad. and what sux, i made a bet with a guy here at work that the Boys would end the year with a better record then the Redskins

ofcourse, the bet consists of me having to wear a redskins jersey/him wearing a cowboy jersey for a couple days.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Lifer

i was actually suprised the Boys had more total yards then the Rams. i didn't know this till today when i looked. the game was turned to the Giants game mid way in the 3rd

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

they have been playing like crap but with all the injuries i am not that surprised.

What i am surprised at is that the Titans are undeafeted

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:42 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:

2.) I'm tired of Jason Garrett being blame free. He shoulders a lot of this shit, and people refuse to acknowledge it because he's the 'Golden Boy' when it comes to offense. In all honesty, I think he might be a bit too smart. He's overthinking shit. He's trying to run plays on 3rd down that are absurd. Get back to the basics, Garrett. 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 are RUNNING plays. Quit trying to pull some play action bullshit that the defense bites on every time, amongst other things. Shove it down their fucking throats. Run it up the middle, not around the end. Jason, your play calling thus far this season doesn't warrant a coaching position with football at the YMCA. Much less one of NFL's elite. Open your eyes, and realize you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

3.) I told EVERYONE on here last week, that the Cowboys would not win a single game with Johnson as QB. Nobody listened. What could they have done instead? Bartel looked promising in the one pre season game he played in. Fuck, give him a chance. If nothing else, he's not a 40 year old has been. Brad, your time came and went 5 years ago. You were never a stellar QB. Give up, and get over it. You refusing to retire is hindering the Cowboys future. Shit, Culpepper is sitting on a couch somewhere watching Sunday Ticket. Call him up. If only for this season, I'm ok with that.

yea all that is the problem with the a team that hasn't been able to stop anybody since week 1. If their d would stand up and play this wouldn't have been an issue, the offense is good enough even with brad johnson as qb to win any game as long as the D plays like they are expected to play
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Time Served

Sorry fellas Bartel is no longer on the roster.........or the practice squad. Bolinger, Johnson and Romo are the only QB's they needed to make room for more receivers.
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85
Sorry fellas Bartel is no longer on the roster.........or the practice squad. Bolinger,

Since when is Bartel not on the practice squad? His name was all over the place last week. Nobody seemed to mention that he was no longer on the practice squad.....
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
yea all that is the problem with the a team that hasn't been able to stop anybody since week 1. If their d would stand up and play this wouldn't have been an issue, the offense is good enough even with brad johnson as qb to win any game as long as the D plays like they are expected to play

The offense SHOULD be good enough, to overcome the rest, but they haven't been. The D has stepped it up for half the game in the last two games. Yes, the D is causing problems. But that dead horse has been beaten many times over, which is why I didn't mention it.
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Time Served

I haven't heard his name since preseason. I thought he would okay as the third, possibly the second team QB but apparently the Cowboys thought otherwise.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/te...br,player_name

This team will NOT win with Brad Johnson as QB.
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
T-MINUS

The Broncos ae giving them a run for their money tonight
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I'll miss you Heather :(

Dallas' problem is that everyone one the team thinks the trip championship game is a guarantee because of '07's performance, and are forgetting that you have to win the reg season games in order to get there.

They need to show up and play like the team they think they are, before they start looking at the post-season.

I think they still have a shot, but only if they turn it around starting now. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if we're watching the division champ Giants play the Wildcard Redskins in round 1 of the playoffs, with Carolina/Tampa being the other Wildcard.

Quote:
Cincy - 0-7
Detroit - 0-6
SF - 2-5
Seattle - 1-5
Miami - 2-4
Cleveland - 2-4
Houston - 2-4
Oakland - 2-4
Cincy has to be the worst right now, they can't do shit on O or D.

Detroit has no offense, although the D has been showing up here and there.

Seattle is going down the drain fast, Julius Jones doesn't help the situation either.

Miami was surprising teams with the 'wildcat' offense, until the Ravens figured it out and embarrassed them.

Cleveland is kind like Detroit, with the O showing up here and there in lieu of the D.

Houston has held up with some half-decent teams, but still lack a stable offense.

Oakland just sucks. No matter what, they just suck.

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
at least im not a damn faggot cowboy fan

Oh, you got me there. My seven year old has more intelligent insults than you do. That's pretty sad. Seriously.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Lifer

Dallas is playing out of sync , but they are FAR from the worst team in the league. I honestly believe they are the most talented team in the league...it will come around or alot of shit will hit the fan.

post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
Dallas is playing out of sync , but they are FAR from the worst team in the league. I honestly believe they are the most talented team in the league...it will come around or alot of shit will hit the fan.

I agree with what you said. They just have to get back in the danger zone I geuss

Photobucket

Best painter in Texas
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
well my 6 year old girl knows better than to be a pussy

Why do you have to talk shit in all of these threads about the cowboys??? Its annoying

Photobucket

Best painter in Texas
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:06 PM
African Booty Scratcher

losingteamwiththeshittiestfairweatherfansonearth.o rg/itswadephillipsfault/tonyromoisagod/ronnielottcuthispinkyoffandwonasuperbowlromoshould takenote.gov

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 PM
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Quote:
1)

3.) I told EVERYONE on here last week, that the Cowboys would not win a single game with Johnson as QB. Nobody listened.

I was saying the same thing. What drives me batty is the fact that you got Tony Romo who is mobile, quick, and elusive and his back up is a friggin statue that throws flat footed 20% of the damn time.

I like the idea of us getting some Dante Culpepper up in here.

Personally, I would love to have kept Bartell here, but its the "NFL" and you gotta have a Vet backup with experience...

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
You don't seem much smarter...

post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Custom Title

After tonights performance, I think Denver can hold that spot, Dallas is close tho.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang
After tonights performance, I think Denver can hold that spot, Dallas is close tho.
I'm just really surprised how poor their defense is.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
I'm just really surprised how poor their defense is.

As much of a beast as he is, DeMarcus Ware just can't be the sole producer on this defense. I'm sure he's as aggravated as anyone.

Which brings up another good point. Ware's contract is up either at the end of this year, or sometime next year. Will he stay or will he go? I know what I'd want to do in his position. Money talks, too. It might not have to speak too loudly, with the piss poor performance this D has put up all year.
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
As much of a beast as he is, DeMarcus Ware just can't be the sole producer on this defense. I'm sure he's as aggravated as anyone.

Which brings up another good point. Ware's contract is up either at the end of this year, or sometime next year. Will he stay or will he go? I know what I'd want to do in his position. Money talks, too. It might not have to speak too loudly, with the piss poor performance this D has put up all year.
I was talking about the Denver D'. But yeah, Cowboys aren't in too much of a better position.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I was talking about the Denver D'. But yeah, Cowboys aren't in too much of a better position.

Shit.

Oh, well... Dallas still beat Philly.
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Shit.

Oh, well... Dallas still beat Philly.
Congrat's on the Super Bowl win in week 2.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Congrat's on the Super Bowl win in week 2.

I'll shut it now, before I start to sound like Maston and the Faggies with their retarded moral victories. Just giving you hell.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Since their 3-0 start, what have they done? Oh yeah, 1-3. About as good as any of the bottom-barrel shit teams you listed there.

I said TEAM. And I said CURRENTLY. Brent, I know you can read smarter than your reply lets on.
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Since their 3-0 start, what have they done? Oh yeah, 1-3. About as good as any of the bottom-barrel shit teams you listed there.

I said TEAM. And I said CURRENTLY. Brent, I know you can read smarter than your reply lets on.

I am talking about TEAMS. And I'm talking CURRENTLY. There are two teams that haven't won shit yet, and you still proclaim the Cowboys to be the worst team in the NFL? Again, you're high Danny. Either that, or you are a fairweather fan. Either way, you're dead wrong.
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

I"m a HUGE fan, I'm NOT high, and the Cowboys are sucking ASS. The only team they have beaten in a month was still winless Cincinatti.

Okay so they won a nail biter against an 0-7 team by scoring 2tds in the 4th.

That's funny calling me fairweather... at least I'm not blinded by the signing of some new WR when the receiving core is the LEAST of all the Cowboys' problems.

I believe I was the one that said Johnson won't be able to get a ball out 5yds past the line of scrimage due to the sorry O Line - yep I was right.

I also believe I said the D was playing like complete shit. Oh yeah, I was right there too. Steven Jackson made the Boys D Line and Secondary look perfectly ridiculous.

It was embarrassing, and yes they won't be winning any more games until Romo is back, and even then it will only be a few. I think we're staring down the barrel of a 7-9 season, Seattle and Baltimore look winable and surely someone will have a bad game against Dallas... not much more to look forward to than that. I see some significant changes in the coaching, possibly mid-season. Maybe that will help.
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 09:06 AM
dead

no doubt they are playing like shit and look like they cant accomplish anything but i wont go 180 on the team. there is too much talent and they can turn things around.

will they? hell if i know. i hope so.

ny was in the same shitty situation last year and won. i wont count the cowboys out but someone has to light a fire under their ass. yelling is a good thing right now but i would prefer our coach do it instead of TO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement