cote vs silva - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
cote vs silva

“We’ve found some holes in his game and we’re going to exploit that for sure. We’re going to have a good strategy, a good game plan in this fight. The plan is to win. The plan is to put him away and take his belt…. I’m training like crazy and I’m ready to go. I’m ready for 25 minutes with anybody.”

– Current number one middleweight contender Patrick Cote shares the rough gameplan he has mapped out for middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 90: “Silva vs. Cote” at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill., on October 25 via MMA Fanhouse. In the words of the once great Mike Tyson, “Everyone has a plan … until they get punched in the face.” It will be super interesting to see how the Canadian responds when that happens inside the Octagon next Saturday. You just never know.


what yall think?

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
“We’ve found some holes in his game and we’re going to exploit that for sure. We’re going to have a good strategy, a good game plan in this fight. The plan is to win. The plan is to put him away and take his belt…. I’m training like crazy and I’m ready to go. I’m ready for 25 minutes with anybody.”

– Current number one middleweight contender Patrick Cote shares the rough gameplan he has mapped out for middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 90: “Silva vs. Cote” at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill., on October 25 via MMA Fanhouse. In the words of the once great Mike Tyson, “Everyone has a plan … until they get punched in the face.” It will be super interesting to see how the Canadian responds when that happens inside the Octagon next Saturday. You just never know.


what yall think?

Cote has a lottery winning ticket chance of beating Anderson Silva period.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:56 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Cote has a lottery winning ticket chance of beating Anderson Silva period.
He's got a better chance then that... but that being said I'd say it's a 1-5 chance at best.
Nate is offline  
 
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
lol agreed i dont think its going to be a murder per say lol but i think he will get out of the first round! but wtf is cote's team feeding him bull shit to boost his confidence or what?


and what do you think his game plan should be

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!

Last edited by bigbirdbryan21; 10-19-2008 at 09:10 PM.
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
lol agreed i dont think its going to be a murder per say lol but i think he will get out of the first round! but wtf is cote's team feeding him bull shit to boost his confidence or what?


and what do you think his game plan should be
His game plan should be don't get hit on the button and home to get a few good shots in on Anderson to take him off his game and get him rocked.
Nate is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Keller
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
lol agreed i dont think its going to be a murder per say lol but i think he will get out of the first round! but wtf is cote's team feeding him bull shit to boost his confidence or what?


and what do you think his game plan should be
I think he better stay out of the clinch.. Andersons stand up is good but Rich Franklin has shown that his stand up can be beaten from a distance!

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
88'RAGTOP is offline  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
i dont know i think it might be wise for him to push it and put on some pressure couture style imo !
rich franklin just showed that silvas stand up is weak to loopy punches!
but dan henderson didnt really let silva get set or in a groove in the first round and it looked like it worked to me (the second round was a diff story)

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
i dont know i think it might be wise for him to push it and put on some pressure couture style imo !
rich franklin just showed that silvas stand up is weak to loopy punches!
but dan henderson didnt really let silva get set or in a groove in the first round and it looked like it worked to me (the second round was a diff story)

i want to see hendo get a second chance at that.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88'RAGTOP
I think he better stay out of the clinch.. Andersons stand up is good but Rich Franklin has shown that his stand up can be beaten from a distance!
LOL...

unless he lands some crazy wild shot, cote is gonna get destroyed.
mightyp is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
I don't see Cote even coming close in this fight. I think that whoever fights Silvia needs to go through Franklin first. Yeah, I know, Silva would never see a fight, if that were the case.lol
StangTamer is offline  
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Lifer
 
VETTKLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX Panhandle
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
He's got a better chance then that... but that being said I'd say it's a 1-5 chance at best.
I sense another odds bet coming on, Nate!

VETTKLR is offline  
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Keller
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyp
LOL...

unless he lands some crazy wild shot, cote is gonna get destroyed.
agreed. but you never know it is MMA

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
88'RAGTOP is offline  
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 03:30 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
I don't see Cote even coming close in this fight. I think that whoever fights Silvia needs to go through Franklin first. Yeah, I know, Silva would never see a fight, if that were the case.lol


HUH? I'd take Dan Henderson over Franklin
bert89coupe is offline  
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
HUH? I'd take Dan Henderson over Franklin

thats would be a badass fight. it could go either way.



2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
ScottsMach03 is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Why can't i be you?
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: uhh what??
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03
thats would be a badass fight. it could go either way.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Even...tCard&eid=1780

Ask and you shal receive, grasshopper.

01 Mustang GT 5spd Stock...
Fork is offline  
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Why can't i be you?
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: uhh what??
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
I don't see Cote even coming close in this fight. I think that whoever fights Silvia needs to go through Franklin first. Yeah, I know, Silva would never see a fight, if that were the case.lol

Franklin moved up to 205...and has been there for a few months and has one fight at 205.

01 Mustang GT 5spd Stock...
Fork is offline  
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
wow alves looked good kickin kosh's ass

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
silva looked like he had to try and entertain him self against cote wtf was tha?t

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
silva looked like he had to try and entertain him self against cote wtf was tha?t
They kept saying it was an entertaining fight, I watched a pretty one sided fight.
rickey chandler is offline  
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Marshall Texas
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
i dont know i think it might be wise for him to push it and put on some pressure couture style imo !
rich franklin just showed that silvas stand up is weak to loopy punches!
but dan henderson didnt really let silva get set or in a groove in the first round and it looked like it worked to me (the second round was a diff story)
I think Silva proved twice that if his stand has a weak spot, then Franklin's is pathetic. He has fought people who push the tempo(Leben), and those who are don't.

He was so calm in tonight's fight that he wasn't even moving backwards on some of Cote's kicks that weren't even coming close. And was approaching Cote with his hands down, and face leaning in. He hit Cote when he wanted to, and Cote was giving it his all the whole time with little sucess, and silva looked like he was only sparring. Cote may have made it to the 3rd round, but Silva hadn't started to even really punish him yet. I am dissapointed that he didn't get to go ahead and put Cote away. I don't think there is a 185er or 205er that can beat him today.
Fordboy91 is offline  
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Marshall Texas
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
silva looked like he had to try and entertain him self against cote wtf was tha?t
He was bored.
Fordboy91 is offline  
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 04:27 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
CJ is offline  
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Keller
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordboy91
I think Silva proved twice that if his stand has a weak spot, then Franklin's is pathetic. He has fought people who push the tempo(Leben), and those who are don't.

He was so calm in tonight's fight that he wasn't even moving backwards on some of Cote's kicks that weren't even coming close. And was approaching Cote with his hands down, and face leaning in. He hit Cote when he wanted to, and Cote was giving it his all the whole time with little sucess, and silva looked like he was only sparring. Cote may have made it to the 3rd round, but Silva hadn't started to even really punish him yet. I am dissapointed that he didn't get to go ahead and put Cote away. I don't think there is a 185er or 205er that can beat him today.
I think Cote partly took him out of his game. He pushed the pace and stood in there when he took the big shots. My hat is off to cote who i think did well. I also thought it was disrespectful of Silva when he offered to help Cote up.

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
88'RAGTOP is offline  
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Lifer
 
Trick flow coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mayberry
Posts: 2,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88'RAGTOP
I think Cote partly took him out of his game. He pushed the pace and stood in there when he took the big shots. My hat is off to cote who i think did well. I also thought it was disrespectful of Silva when he offered to help Cote up.

DISrespectful ?
Trick flow coupe is offline  
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88'RAGTOP
I think Cote partly took him out of his game. He pushed the pace and stood in there when he took the big shots. My hat is off to cote who i think did well. I also thought it was disrespectful of Silva when he offered to help Cote up.

WTF are you talking about? Since when did HELPING someone up become DISRESPECTFUL? They shook when he got to his feet. If it was meant to fuck with Cote, than he wouldn't have shook his hand when he got to his feet. Silva has a respectful heart when it comes to his opponents, he's shown it in the past. Take a look at him and Franklin. He gave much respect to Franklin after his Henderson fight.

I agree with the other's; it looked liked Silva connected at will with Cote. I think Cote made it to the 3rd round only because Silva LET him.

Btw, Im not a Silva fan, I wish someone would beat him already; but I do have alot of respect for him.



2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
ScottsMach03 is offline  
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Lifer
 
Trick flow coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mayberry
Posts: 2,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03
WTF are you talking about? Since when did HELPING someone up become DISRESPECTFUL? They shook when he got to his feet. If it was meant to fuck with Cote, than he wouldn't have shook his hand when he got to his feet. Silva has a respectful heart when it comes to his opponents, he's shown it in the past. Take a look at him and Franklin. He gave much respect to Franklin after his Henderson fight.

I agree with the other's; it looked liked Silva connected at will with Cote. I think Cote made it to the 3rd round only because Silva LET him.

Btw, Im not a Silva fan, I wish someone would beat him already; but I do have alot of respect for him.

How can you not be a silva fan?
Trick flow coupe is offline  
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Lifer
 
Zfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,811
Neither am I. He has mad skills no doubt but I am not a fan of his that's all.
Zfan is offline  
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 AM
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
Silva sucks. He does not represent the true meaning of UFC. You dont dance around the octagon avoiding contact, you get your bitch ass in there and fucking fight! What a homo.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21
Silva sucks. He does not represent the true meaning of UFC. You dont dance around the octagon avoiding contact, you get your bitch ass in there and fucking fight! What a homo.
You're a fucking retard!
Wario is offline  
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: will work for turbo parts
Posts: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21
Silva sucks. He does not represent the true meaning of UFC. You dont dance around the octagon avoiding contact, you get your bitch ass in there and fucking fight! What a homo.
NAME ONE PERSON THAT CAN BEAT HIM
Fast.0 is offline  
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:52 AM
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast.0
NAME ONE PERSON THAT CAN BEAT HIM
I can't. I still think a real champ should fight, not run. Show your skill prove you are the champ.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
oh my.... silva is the best pound for pound fighter in the world! btw im not a big fan either but i can give respect when its deserved! this is one of the only fights ive seen silva do that! it was like he knows that he could finish cote anytime and was trying to work on some defensive tactics for his next fight lol (i dont know) but to say he should just go in there and bang? there are few fighters that will do that and most are not champs! just take a look at wandy!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Lifer
 
wesman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Cedar Hill,Tx
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21
I can't. I still think a real champ should fight, not run. Show your skill prove you are the champ.

lol....so you prove you're a champ by getting hit and fighting the other guys fight??

That's the dumbest shit I've heard in a while

--wes
wesman is offline  
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 AM
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman
lol....so you prove you're a champ by getting hit and fighting the other guys fight??

That's the dumbest shit I've heard in a while

--wes
So you are saying if he tried to fight Cote he would get hit and might not win? I sure wish I could believe he won that fight. He was on his way to win I think but it could have turned at any point one way or the other. Now we may never know, at least not anytime soon.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Custom Title
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hades who?
Posts: 16,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
You're a fucking retard!
A good uppercut could take him out.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time



Yellowstang is offline  
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick flow coupe
How can you not be a silva fan?

Im serious im not. I do give him alot of respect. I've been rooting for the other opponent in all of his last 8 fights. The dude is good, no doubt. I would like to see another Henderson vs silva rematch. I think Henderson was the first person Ive seen to give Silva a run for his money. Granted the run only lasted 1 round, but for 1 round Henderson had the upper hand. Sure he wasn't totally dominant but he still won that round. Hes alot smaller guy than Silva. Silva could fight at 205 easy. Henderson has to eat all day to fight at 205.

PS I guess you can tell im a Henderson fan



2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
ScottsMach03 is offline  
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:29 AM
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang
A good uppercut could take him out.
Nah, Id run away and hope you trip and hurt yourself.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang
A good uppercut could take him out.
Best punch in fighting.
Wario is offline  
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Custom Title
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hades who?
Posts: 16,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Best punch in fighting.

What fight was that last night when the dude KO'd his opponent with an upper cut?

TX21, I was actually on your side, saying an uppercut to Silva could take him out!

block, head bob, head bob, round house, jab, head bob, upper cut FTW!

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time



Yellowstang is offline  
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
silva has a very good defense and i dont think tight punches and uppercuts will do it! hendo did well but if you look at the franklin fights he was frustrating silva and was landing some loopy punches not letting silva get in a grove! i think if you mix that with the hendo wrestling and pressure you will get silva to let go of that belt!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:58 AM
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang
What fight was that last night when the dude KO'd his opponent with an upper cut?

TX21, I was actually on your side, saying an uppercut to Silva could take him out!
Oh. I am just dissapointed more than anything. I really wanted to see a fight and I got less than that.

But that upper cut was insane! You could see every muscle in his arm just as it came forward and BLAM, lights out.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Custom Title
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hades who?
Posts: 16,521
LOL, the uppercut is actually an inside (and long running) joke I have with Wario.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time



Yellowstang is offline  
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Lifer
 
Trick flow coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mayberry
Posts: 2,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21
Silva sucks. He does not represent the true meaning of UFC. You dont dance around the octagon avoiding contact, you get your bitch ass in there and fucking fight! What a homo.
the only reason he didn't engage more than he did is so the fight would last a little longer...IMO







Oh and you are an idiot, also just IMO
Trick flow coupe is offline  
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang
What fight was that last night when the dude KO'd his opponent with an upper cut?

TX21, I was actually on your side, saying an uppercut to Silva could take him out!

block, head bob, head bob, round house, jab, head bob, upper cut FTW!
that was werdum eating mat.
CJ is offline  
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: tulsa ok
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21
Silva sucks. He does not represent the true meaning of UFC. You dont dance around the octagon avoiding contact, you get your bitch ass in there and fucking fight! What a homo.
aparently you've never been in an organized fight.ITs kind of the idea to avoid as much damage as you can.lol

04 cobra before 2.81 pulley,100mm idler,jlt intake,bassani xpipe,magnaflow catback,diablo canoftuner bogart welded rt's 11:[email protected] untuned
After headers/nitrous no 1/4 times yet
576rwhp on the suace=Highway roller stud
Changing Daily drivers monthly
onemeangixxer7502 is offline  
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
silva has a very good defense and i dont think tight punches and uppercuts will do it! hendo did well but if you look at the franklin fights he was frustrating silva and was landing some loopy punches not letting silva get in a grove! i think if you mix that with the hendo wrestling and pressure you will get silva to let go of that belt!

I agree 100%. Franklin took a beating. He never had the upper hand on Silva. I think Franklin did better the second meeting than he did the first. I thought it was badass when Joe Rogan walked over to Silva after the Hendo fight and said "that was best fighter he ever fought", and Silva said "no Franklin was the best fighter he ever fought."

I think out all the fighter's in the UFC, Franklin and Hendo are my two favorite.



2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
ScottsMach03 is offline  
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick flow coupe
the only reason he didn't engage more than he did is so the fight would last a little longer...IMO







Oh and you are an idiot, also just IMO
I have to agree with this. I think he would have killed him had he went at him full on. Wasn't the fight i was hoping for how it ended but he still won.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
GSXRK5 is offline  
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Lifer
 
Zfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,811
Silva has lost a fight before so he is not unbeatable as some would think. It's going to take mad skills though or crazy good luck to do it.
Zfan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome