cote vs silva - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

cote vs silva

“We’ve found some holes in his game and we’re going to exploit that for sure. We’re going to have a good strategy, a good game plan in this fight. The plan is to win. The plan is to put him away and take his belt…. I’m training like crazy and I’m ready to go. I’m ready for 25 minutes with anybody.”

– Current number one middleweight contender Patrick Cote shares the rough gameplan he has mapped out for middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 90: “Silva vs. Cote” at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill., on October 25 via MMA Fanhouse. In the words of the once great Mike Tyson, “Everyone has a plan … until they get punched in the face.” It will be super interesting to see how the Canadian responds when that happens inside the Octagon next Saturday. You just never know.

what yall think?

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
“We’ve found some holes in his game and we’re going to exploit that for sure. We’re going to have a good strategy, a good game plan in this fight. The plan is to win. The plan is to put him away and take his belt…. I’m training like crazy and I’m ready to go. I’m ready for 25 minutes with anybody.”

– Current number one middleweight contender Patrick Cote shares the rough gameplan he has mapped out for middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 90: “Silva vs. Cote” at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill., on October 25 via MMA Fanhouse. In the words of the once great Mike Tyson, “Everyone has a plan … until they get punched in the face.” It will be super interesting to see how the Canadian responds when that happens inside the Octagon next Saturday. You just never know.

what yall think?

Cote has a lottery winning ticket chance of beating Anderson Silva period.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:56 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Cote has a lottery winning ticket chance of beating Anderson Silva period.
He's got a better chance then that... but that being said I'd say it's a 1-5 chance at best.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

lol agreed i dont think its going to be a murder per say lol but i think he will get out of the first round! but wtf is cote's team feeding him bull shit to boost his confidence or what?

and what do you think his game plan should be

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!

Last edited by bigbirdbryan21; 10-19-2008 at 09:10 PM.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
lol agreed i dont think its going to be a murder per say lol but i think he will get out of the first round! but wtf is cote's team feeding him bull shit to boost his confidence or what?

His game plan should be don't get hit on the button and home to get a few good shots in on Anderson to take him off his game and get him rocked.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Time Served

Quote:

I think he better stay out of the clinch.. Andersons stand up is good but Rich Franklin has shown that his stand up can be beaten from a distance!

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

i dont know i think it might be wise for him to push it and put on some pressure couture style imo !
rich franklin just showed that silvas stand up is weak to loopy punches!
but dan henderson didnt really let silva get set or in a groove in the first round and it looked like it worked to me (the second round was a diff story)

post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
i dont know i think it might be wise for him to push it and put on some pressure couture style imo !
but dan henderson didnt really let silva get set or in a groove in the first round and it looked like it worked to me (the second round was a diff story)

i want to see hendo get a second chance at that.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88'RAGTOP
I think he better stay out of the clinch.. Andersons stand up is good but Rich Franklin has shown that his stand up can be beaten from a distance!
LOL...

unless he lands some crazy wild shot, cote is gonna get destroyed.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Blessed

I don't see Cote even coming close in this fight. I think that whoever fights Silvia needs to go through Franklin first. Yeah, I know, Silva would never see a fight, if that were the case.lol
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
He's got a better chance then that... but that being said I'd say it's a 1-5 chance at best.
I sense another odds bet coming on, Nate!

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyp
LOL...

unless he lands some crazy wild shot, cote is gonna get destroyed.
agreed. but you never know it is MMA

post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 03:30 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
I don't see Cote even coming close in this fight. I think that whoever fights Silvia needs to go through Franklin first. Yeah, I know, Silva would never see a fight, if that were the case.lol

HUH? I'd take Dan Henderson over Franklin
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
HUH? I'd take Dan Henderson over Franklin

thats would be a badass fight. it could go either way.

2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Why can't i be you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03
thats would be a badass fight. it could go either way.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Even...tCard&eid=1780

Ask and you shal receive, grasshopper.

01 Mustang GT 5spd Stock...
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Why can't i be you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer

Franklin moved up to 205...and has been there for a few months and has one fight at 205.

01 Mustang GT 5spd Stock...
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

wow alves looked good kickin kosh's ass

post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

silva looked like he had to try and entertain him self against cote wtf was tha?t

post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
silva looked like he had to try and entertain him self against cote wtf was tha?t
They kept saying it was an entertaining fight, I watched a pretty one sided fight.
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I think Silva proved twice that if his stand has a weak spot, then Franklin's is pathetic. He has fought people who push the tempo(Leben), and those who are don't.

He was so calm in tonight's fight that he wasn't even moving backwards on some of Cote's kicks that weren't even coming close. And was approaching Cote with his hands down, and face leaning in. He hit Cote when he wanted to, and Cote was giving it his all the whole time with little sucess, and silva looked like he was only sparring. Cote may have made it to the 3rd round, but Silva hadn't started to even really punish him yet. I am dissapointed that he didn't get to go ahead and put Cote away. I don't think there is a 185er or 205er that can beat him today.
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Time Served

Quote:
He was bored.
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 04:27 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordboy91
I think Silva proved twice that if his stand has a weak spot, then Franklin's is pathetic. He has fought people who push the tempo(Leben), and those who are don't.

He was so calm in tonight's fight that he wasn't even moving backwards on some of Cote's kicks that weren't even coming close. And was approaching Cote with his hands down, and face leaning in. He hit Cote when he wanted to, and Cote was giving it his all the whole time with little sucess, and silva looked like he was only sparring. Cote may have made it to the 3rd round, but Silva hadn't started to even really punish him yet. I am dissapointed that he didn't get to go ahead and put Cote away. I don't think there is a 185er or 205er that can beat him today.
I think Cote partly took him out of his game. He pushed the pace and stood in there when he took the big shots. My hat is off to cote who i think did well. I also thought it was disrespectful of Silva when he offered to help Cote up.

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I think Cote partly took him out of his game. He pushed the pace and stood in there when he took the big shots. My hat is off to cote who i think did well. I also thought it was disrespectful of Silva when he offered to help Cote up.

DISrespectful ?
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Time Served

Quote:

WTF are you talking about? Since when did HELPING someone up become DISRESPECTFUL? They shook when he got to his feet. If it was meant to fuck with Cote, than he wouldn't have shook his hand when he got to his feet. Silva has a respectful heart when it comes to his opponents, he's shown it in the past. Take a look at him and Franklin. He gave much respect to Franklin after his Henderson fight.

I agree with the other's; it looked liked Silva connected at will with Cote. I think Cote made it to the 3rd round only because Silva LET him.

Btw, Im not a Silva fan, I wish someone would beat him already; but I do have alot of respect for him.

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03
WTF are you talking about? Since when did HELPING someone up become DISRESPECTFUL? They shook when he got to his feet. If it was meant to fuck with Cote, than he wouldn't have shook his hand when he got to his feet. Silva has a respectful heart when it comes to his opponents, he's shown it in the past. Take a look at him and Franklin. He gave much respect to Franklin after his Henderson fight.

I agree with the other's; it looked liked Silva connected at will with Cote. I think Cote made it to the 3rd round only because Silva LET him.

Btw, Im not a Silva fan, I wish someone would beat him already; but I do have alot of respect for him.

How can you not be a silva fan?
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Lifer

Neither am I. He has mad skills no doubt but I am not a fan of his that's all.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 AM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Silva sucks. He does not represent the true meaning of UFC. You dont dance around the octagon avoiding contact, you get your bitch ass in there and fucking fight! What a homo.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21
Silva sucks. He does not represent the true meaning of UFC. You dont dance around the octagon avoiding contact, you get your bitch ass in there and fucking fight! What a homo.
You're a fucking retard!
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Lifer

Quote:
NAME ONE PERSON THAT CAN BEAT HIM
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:52 AM
too many projects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast.0
NAME ONE PERSON THAT CAN BEAT HIM
I can't. I still think a real champ should fight, not run. Show your skill prove you are the champ.

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

oh my.... silva is the best pound for pound fighter in the world! btw im not a big fan either but i can give respect when its deserved! this is one of the only fights ive seen silva do that! it was like he knows that he could finish cote anytime and was trying to work on some defensive tactics for his next fight lol (i dont know) but to say he should just go in there and bang? there are few fighters that will do that and most are not champs! just take a look at wandy!

post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I can't. I still think a real champ should fight, not run. Show your skill prove you are the champ.

lol....so you prove you're a champ by getting hit and fighting the other guys fight??

That's the dumbest shit I've heard in a while

--wes
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 AM
too many projects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman
lol....so you prove you're a champ by getting hit and fighting the other guys fight??

That's the dumbest shit I've heard in a while

--wes
So you are saying if he tried to fight Cote he would get hit and might not win? I sure wish I could believe he won that fight. He was on his way to win I think but it could have turned at any point one way or the other. Now we may never know, at least not anytime soon.

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
You're a fucking retard!
A good uppercut could take him out.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick flow coupe
How can you not be a silva fan?

Im serious im not. I do give him alot of respect. I've been rooting for the other opponent in all of his last 8 fights. The dude is good, no doubt. I would like to see another Henderson vs silva rematch. I think Henderson was the first person Ive seen to give Silva a run for his money. Granted the run only lasted 1 round, but for 1 round Henderson had the upper hand. Sure he wasn't totally dominant but he still won that round. Hes alot smaller guy than Silva. Silva could fight at 205 easy. Henderson has to eat all day to fight at 205.

PS I guess you can tell im a Henderson fan

post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:29 AM
too many projects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang
Nah, Id run away and hope you trip and hurt yourself.

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Best punch in fighting.
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Best punch in fighting.

What fight was that last night when the dude KO'd his opponent with an upper cut?

TX21, I was actually on your side, saying an uppercut to Silva could take him out!

block, head bob, head bob, round house, jab, head bob, upper cut FTW!

post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

silva has a very good defense and i dont think tight punches and uppercuts will do it! hendo did well but if you look at the franklin fights he was frustrating silva and was landing some loopy punches not letting silva get in a grove! i think if you mix that with the hendo wrestling and pressure you will get silva to let go of that belt!

post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:58 AM
too many projects!

Quote:
What fight was that last night when the dude KO'd his opponent with an upper cut?

TX21, I was actually on your side, saying an uppercut to Silva could take him out!
Oh. I am just dissapointed more than anything. I really wanted to see a fight and I got less than that.

But that upper cut was insane! You could see every muscle in his arm just as it came forward and BLAM, lights out.

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Custom Title

LOL, the uppercut is actually an inside (and long running) joke I have with Wario.

post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
the only reason he didn't engage more than he did is so the fight would last a little longer...IMO

Oh and you are an idiot, also just IMO
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:

block, head bob, head bob, round house, jab, head bob, upper cut FTW!
that was werdum eating mat.
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
aparently you've never been in an organized fight.ITs kind of the idea to avoid as much damage as you can.lol

04 cobra before 2.81 pulley,100mm idler,jlt intake,bassani xpipe,magnaflow catback,diablo canoftuner bogart welded rt's 11:[email protected] untuned
After headers/nitrous no 1/4 times yet
576rwhp on the suace=Highway roller stud
Changing Daily drivers monthly
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Time Served

Quote:
silva has a very good defense and i dont think tight punches and uppercuts will do it! hendo did well but if you look at the franklin fights he was frustrating silva and was landing some loopy punches not letting silva get in a grove! i think if you mix that with the hendo wrestling and pressure you will get silva to let go of that belt!

I agree 100%. Franklin took a beating. He never had the upper hand on Silva. I think Franklin did better the second meeting than he did the first. I thought it was badass when Joe Rogan walked over to Silva after the Hendo fight and said "that was best fighter he ever fought", and Silva said "no Franklin was the best fighter he ever fought."

I think out all the fighter's in the UFC, Franklin and Hendo are my two favorite.

post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick flow coupe
the only reason he didn't engage more than he did is so the fight would last a little longer...IMO

Oh and you are an idiot, also just IMO
I have to agree with this. I think he would have killed him had he went at him full on. Wasn't the fight i was hoping for how it ended but he still won.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Lifer

Silva has lost a fight before so he is not unbeatable as some would think. It's going to take mad skills though or crazy good luck to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement