19. Tulsa 7-0 328 NR
20. Pittsburgh 5-1 292 NR
21. Georgia Tech 6-1 282 NR
22. Ball State 7-0 274 25
23. Florida State 5-1 258 NR
24. Northwestern 6-1 177 NR
25. Minnesota 6-1 165 NR

Dropped out
Dropped out: No. 17 Michigan State (6-2, lost to then-No. 11 Ohio State 45-7), No. 18 Virginia Tech (5-2, lost to Boston College 28-23), No. 19 Wake Forest (4-2, lost to Maryland 26-0), No. 21 North Carolina (5-2, lost to Virginia 16-13 OT), No. 22 California (4-2, lost to Arizona 45-27), No. 23 Vanderbilt (5-2, lost to No. 9 Georgia 24-14).
Others receiving votes
Others receiving votes: Boston College (5-1) 159; Michigan State (6-2) 92; Virginia Tech (5-2) 77; North Carolina (5-2) 28; Oregon (5-2) 27; Cincinnati (5-1) 26; Vanderbilt (5-2) 20; Kentucky (5-2) 15; Wake Forest (4-2) 14; Maryland (5-2) 12; Arizona (5-2) 11; Fresno State (4-2) 4; Illinois (4-3) 4; California (4-2) 2; Notre Dame (4-2)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Recovering Lush

USC in the Top 10 makes that poll a joke.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:47 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
why, they had one bad game but have owned everybody since and before. they are a legit team it looks like it might be a rematch usc vs texas this year

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Recovering Lush

They lost to an unranked team. Oklahoma and Okie State should both be ahead of them, at the VERY least. Tech....I dunno. Two poor performances in the last two weeks are taking its toll. Did they really move up? I dont understand........

For us to play in the MNC, we still have to get thru Okie Light, Tech, KU, and the Ags. PLUS the B12CCG. Long season yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
why, they had one bad game but have owned everybody since and before. they are a legit team it looks like it might be a rematch usc vs texas this year

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
They lost to an unranked team. Oklahoma and Okie State should both be ahead of them, at the VERY least. Tech....I dunno. Two poor performances in the last two weeks are taking its toll. Did they really move up? I dont understand........
OSU is overrated and will be exposed next week, tech the same thing, OU lost more recently, but they were on their A game and still lost USC took the game off and barely lost. but since have played every game like it means something.

then there is big wins, usc beat Ohio st who has OU beaten?
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Recovering Lush

Sadly for sooner, their signature game for the season is an L against #1. Maybe KU?

Quote:
OSU is overrated and will be exposed next week, tech the same thing, OU lost more recently, but they were on their A game and still lost USC took the game off and barely lost. but since have played every game like it means something.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:24 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:

For us to play in the MNC, we still have to get thru Okie Light, Tech, KU, and the Ags. PLUS the B12CCG. Long season yet.

But USC did to a very bad Wash. St. team what Tech, if they are as good as they're ranked, should have doen to a equally as bad A&M. IMO, yes USC deserves to be in the top 5. A place Tech would be if they were good enough to put A&M and Nebraska away the way they should have been.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Recovering Lush

Tech has been underwhelming, at THIS point in the season. Their schedule is about to get kicked up a few notches, and their worth, or lack there of, will come out in the wash.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:43 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Tech has been underwhelming, at THIS point in the season. Their schedule is about to get kicked up a few notches, and their worth, or lack there of, will come out in the wash.
Watch out, you're going to be called an idiot for saying that.

Oh wait . . .

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Recovering Lush

Tech may go undefeated......they may drop the next 5. Like I said, it'll all come out in the wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8

Oh wait . . .

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:

and once OSU loses to Penn St., that "good" win will get knocked down some.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8

Oh wait . . .
Tech hadn't beat shit. Beat Nebraska in overtime, and gave up 31 in the process. Other than that, nobody even ranked. Reality will hit them in the balls shortly.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 02:18 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Tech hadn't beat shit. Beat Nebraska in overtime, and gave up 31 in the process. Other than that, nobody even ranked. Reality will hit them in the balls shortly.
That's all I'm saying.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 02:34 PM
P1

Quote:
correction. USC being ranked above OU makes that poll a joke. USC loses to a pig of Oregon St. and OU loses to the number 1 team in the country. This week OU beats a good Kansas team by 14. USC beats a WSU team 69-0. I honestly think UNT could give WSU a good game. I dont think the coaches actually watch games.

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Time Served

Coaches poll doesnt mean shit now that the BCS is out as if it is any better
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshscoupe
Coaches poll doesnt mean shit now that the BCS is out as if it is any better

wrong
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Time Served

Whats wrong about that does the coaches poll pick the bcs championship game NO
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
Whats wrong about that does the coaches poll pick the bcs championship game NO

ugh, pay attention. COACHES, HARRIS, and all the little computer polls make up the BCS poll. The bcs is not a poll all by itself. so YES, the coaches does have a say in it.

now, the AP poll doesn't mean shit.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Time Served

Yes i understand but as you see it is not just the Coaches poll that make it up there are actually a few that make it up so yea like i said coaches poll not shit anymore
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......

Quote:
Yes i understand but as you see it is not just the Coaches poll that make it up there are actually a few that make it up so yea like i said coaches poll not shit anymore

well, if it's not shit then why is it PART of the bcs? can't have a bcs poll without the coaches poll.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Time Served

Not sayin its not a part of anything just sayin that now the BCS is out no one goes by the coaches poll anymore plus it is like a 16th of the BCS decision and of course the ap doesnt mean shit it no longer exsist.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:05 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
and once OSU loses to Penn St., that "good" win will get knocked down some.
i don't think osu loses to penn st though. I don't buy the penn st is the number 3 team right now bit either.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
i don't think osu loses to penn st though. I don't buy the penn st is the number 3 team right now bit either.
Who deserves it more? OU/USC with their losses? Until they lose I say leave them there. All this talk about who deserves to be where week 8/9 of the season is just as useless as week 0. All the fans need to quit bitching and worry about it after rivalry weekend/championship game weekend.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:42 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Who deserves it more? OU/USC with their losses? Until they lose I say leave them there. All this talk about who deserves to be where week 8/9 of the season is just as useless as week 0. All the fans need to quit bitching and worry about it after rivalry weekend/championship game weekend.
well to put it like hook'em did a few years back they had their shot and lost let somebody else try.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Recovering Lush

Everything will come out in the wash. I think the computers will be rough on USC. A Texas Bama MNC? Works for me.

Texas just has a LOT of work to get to that spot, before that's even a serious conversation.

Quote:
well to put it like hook'em did a few years back they had their shot and lost let somebody else try.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Lifer

Coaches and BCS always love them some USC. IF it wasn't for the Paterno "legend", Penn st. wouldn't be near as high, either.

I noticed Mizzou at #16. How many of the teams above them could they beat? I'm thinking several...

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:37 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Coaches and BCS always love them some USC. IF it wasn't for the Paterno "legend", Penn st. wouldn't be near as high, either.

I noticed Mizzou at #16. How many of the teams above them could they beat? I'm thinking several...
but they haven't beaten them. I say keep the teams without losses up at the top until they lose. PSU hasn't lost yet so leave them 3, are they better than a #4 OU team probably not but OU lost a game.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
but they haven't beaten them. I say keep the teams without losses up at the top until they lose. PSU hasn't lost yet so leave them 3, are they better than a #4 OU team probably not but OU lost a game.
I'm not saying to move Mizzou...I couldn't care less. I'm just pointing out the strength of the Big 12, and how a 2-loss program could do quite well against the others above them.

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:48 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
I'm not saying to move Mizzou...I couldn't care less. I'm just pointing out the strength of the Big 12, and how a 2-loss program could do quite well against the others above them.
Mizzou honestly hasn't looked like a great team the past two weeks. UT made them look foolish in the first half...are they better than some of the teams ranked ahead...probably, but there are a handful of teams below them that may give them fits too. Got to win your games
Sponsored Links
Advertisement