texas vs. mizzou

so far so good.

RON PAUL '08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 07:45 PM
not exclude

Very good.

I tell you what, I'm a huge horn fan and I think even I have been underestimating them. I felt confident that UT will win this game, but I didn't expect any performance like this. They look awesome out there.

How about that McCoy, fumble, recovery, then ~40yd pass. lol Great entertainment.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 07:51 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Very good.

I tell you what, I'm a huge horn fan and I think even I have been underestimating them. I felt confident that UT will win this game, but I didn't expect any performance like this. They look awesome out there.

How about that McCoy, fumble, recovery, then ~40yd pass. lol Great entertainment.

i said it once and i'll say it again, this is so scary '05 like how easily UT is scoring.

and how calm McCoy was on that play was so Vince like. Never lost his cool, great play.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Recovering Lush

In all seriousness, this is more like the 2000 sooner team. No stars out there, but a whole bunch of players contributing, playing as a team. Just remember, this should have been the BAD year...next year was gonna be the year we made a run....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

RON PAUL '08
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
mizzu really isn't all that good, any team that can rush the passer with 3 or 4 down will cause them problems. And after watch tech play A&M tech isn't going to do shit to texas either. the only way texas does not play in the title game is if they take a game off. I think texas has a really good chance at the title, with maybe UF, Bama, USC, or penn st. I think texas can beat 2 of those teams with ease the other two should be a good game.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Lifer

I just left the tailgate parties off 18th and San Jacinto because it was starting to get a little crazy down there. DAMN TEXAS is kicking the CRAP out of Mizzou. Austin is going to be a crazy town tonight. Think I just might go back down there in my car.

FUCK Canada
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Recovering Lush

Texas OU Rnd Deux would be the best game, imho. But it wont happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
mizzu really isn't all that good, any team that can rush the passer with 3 or 4 down will cause them problems. And after watch tech play A&M tech isn't going to do shit to texas either. the only way texas does not play in the title game is if they take a game off. I think texas has a really good chance at the title, with maybe UF, Bama, USC, or penn st. I think texas can beat 2 of those teams with ease the other two should be a good game.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Genetically Blessed

All of downtown was fucking insane today. Tonight was the loudest I've heard the stadium.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 10:02 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Texas OU Rnd Deux would be the best game, imho. But it wont happen.
UF and USC are better than OU, now if OU didn't lose the middle linebacker, who knows but after he left OU has a hard time stopping anybody with a decent passing game, i know it is only 1 and a half games but their d looks totally different now than it did the weeks prior.

I don't think UF will make it thru the SEC without another loss USC though should be safe the rest of the way
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 10:09 PM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Tonight was the loudest I've heard the stadium.
Heard it was a record crowd...98K+
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
Heard it was a record crowd...98K+
Announced attendance was 98,383 if I remember correctly.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Lifer

There were probably at LEAST a thousand down there partying and watching in the parking lots on umpteen hundred big screens.

FUCK Canada
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Very good.

I never saw this coming, but DAMN am I loving it! I think all the announcers and analysts' were stunned, as I am. 91% comp rate for Colt...WOW! Daniels is a good QB, as is Bradford. I just think that the UT pass rush is too much to deal with no matter who you are. When Texas started running on them, I figured it would be a big factor in opening up the offense, but damn!
OSU is next. How would you like to have watched the last 2 UT games, and know you're going into Austin next Saturday? The funniest part of the whole scenario, is that if Mizzou had beaten OSU, they would have been #1, and taken this ass-kicking!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 12:22 AM
You never go full retard

I think Mizzou's loss last week really fucked them up and messed with their confidence level, and I'm sure UT's win last week only boosted theirs. I could be wrong on this but going into this game I'm more worried about UT playing Oklahoma State.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:47 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

I think OSU is the biggest test for the horns the rest of the way
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 06:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang
If you're right, then UT will be the next National Champs. OSU beat a team by 5 points, that Texas beat by 25 (with bench-warmers in for the 4th quarter). I happen to think Tech is a tough game because they go to Lubbock. If the 'Horns beat OSU in Austin, can they keep that "emotional high" going into the Tech game?
I find it funny how all these QB's are setting records and are "Heisman candidates" until they play the 'Horns.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 06:54 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
If you're right, then UT will be the next National Champs. OSU beat a team by 5 points, that Texas beat by 25 (with bench-warmers in for the 4th quarter). I happen to think Tech is a tough game because they go to Lubbock. If the 'Horns beat OSU in Austin, can they keep that "emotional high" going into the Tech game?
Here lately, OSU has really put a scare in Texas on a few occasions. They've been high scoring shootouts - but all Texas victories.

In 2004, OSU led 357 in the second quarter, but the Longhorns scored 49 unanswered points to win 5635.

In the 2005 game UT trailed 289, but rallied to win 4728.

2006 was easy - UT won 36-10.

Last year, OSU led 3514 at the start of the fourth quarter and UT won 38-35.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
x2

Here lately, OSU has really put a scare in Texas on a few occasions. They've been high scoring shootouts - but all Texas victories.

In 2004, OSU led 357 in the second quarter, but the Longhorns scored 49 unanswered points to win 5635.

In the 2005 game UT trailed 289, but rallied to win 4728.

2006 was easy - UT won 36-10.

Last year, OSU led 3514 at the start of the fourth quarter and UT won 38-35.
I just think this Texas team is a little different than the last 3. If UT doesn't have to focus on a big-time QB (Daniels, Bradford, etc), it takes away UT's only weakness on "D"...youth in the back. I just don't think OSU can outscore them or stop this offense, especially in Austin.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 07:57 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:23 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor!

well, somebody has got their big girl SEC panties in a bunch. You know, has any of the sec people thought that just maybe the sec offenses just fucking suck this year? and THAT'S making their D's look so good?

oh what i would do for a UT/Alabama championship game.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
well, somebody has got their big girl SEC panties in a bunch. You know, has any of the sec people thought that just maybe the sec offenses just fucking suck this year? and THAT'S making their D's look so good?

oh what i would do for a UT/Alabama championship game.
The 'Horns would tear off their heads and shit down their necks...'Bama is over-rated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement