Mavs trade Jones - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Mavs trade Jones

LOL. I would have been happy if they said they waived him. Instead they got a younger player with potential, 2 second round draft picks and cash.
Although Williams seems to be a trouble maker, this is Dallas...the city that is apparently a rehab for trouble makers.

DALLAS- The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they acquired forward Shawne Williams from the Indiana Pacers in exchange for guard Eddie Jones and two future second-round draft picks.

Williams (6-9, 225) was selected by Indiana with the 17th overall pick in the 2006 draft. The third-year forward averaged 6.7 points and 2.7 rebounds in 65 games (3 starts) last season with the Pacers improving on his rookie numbers of 3.9 points and 1.8 rebounds per game in 2006-07.

A native of Memphis, Tenn., Williams played one year of college basketball at the University of Memphis before declaring himself eligible for the 2006 NBA Draft. As a Tiger, Williams helped lead Memphis to a 33-4 record while averaging 13.2 points and 6.2 rebounds and being named Conference USA Freshman of the Year. In his lone collegiate postseason, Williams was named Most Valuable Player of the Conference USA Tournament after averaging 18.0 points and 6.7 rebounds.

"On behalf of the Mavericks organization, we would like to thank Eddie Jones for the valuable contributions he has brought to our team," President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Donnie Nelson said. "We appreciated his professionalism both on and off the court as a Maverick. Shawne Williams is an exciting young prospect with a bright future. We look forward to developing him into the player he aspires to be."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 AM
dead

yea, the ticket mentioned this sometime last week. it didnt excite me.

anything is better than ejones but i just dont have much faith. hopefully new coach will change that!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 AM
LUCIFER

If Shawnee stays out of trouble he might be a decent asset.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 08:30 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Cool deal, trade one player that sits on the bench for another and get some free draft picks in return.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Lifer

I've given up on the mavs. They are so frustrating. Getting rid of Jones is a good start though.

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedLove
I've given up on the mavs. They are so frustrating. Getting rid of Jones is a good start though.
I did too, but I can tell you Carlisle it the shit and knows how to use players strong points. Besides the players had an attitude towards Avery. This guy will actually use Kidd as an advantage.

Date placed:
Oct 08, 2008 11:30a Single #------------
Basketball - Futures (Game) Moneyline
Odds to win 2009 NBA Western Conference
Team to win the Western Conference during the 2008-2009 season.
(2200) Dallas Mavericks 12/1 [email protected]:30p
Risk US$ 200.00 to win US$ 2400.00

Date placed:
Oct 08, 2008 11:30a Single #------------
Basketball - Futures (Game) Moneyline
Odds to win 2009 NBA Championship
(2144) Dallas Mavericks 22/1 [email protected]:30p
Risk US$ 100.00 to win US$ 2200.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement