Big Title Fights tonight!!!!!!! - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
Big Title Fights tonight!!!!!!!

Tarver vs Dawson & Peter vs Old Klit

I've been anxiously awaiting both these fights.
Discuss......

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Oooooooh-whee
 
Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: What up with that? What up with that?!
Posts: 10,434
*yawn*

8/16/05
Tyrone Biggums is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 12:33 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
oh, boxing, I didn't know what the hell any of those people were.
CJ is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
i would love to see tarver lay big D down

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
Not brutal enough for the people here, I guess.
I'm surprised, I thought the majority of DFW stangs would love to see Vitaly Klitschko come out of retirement. He is white, afterall.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
i hate Vitaly Klitschko never liked that fucker

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
i hate Vitaly Klitschko never liked that fucker
Same here. Even though Sam Peter is South African, I still want to see him light that Ukranian fucker up.

Tarver has slimmed down considerably. Physically, he looks ready for "Bad' Chad. Can't wait for 8pm to roll around!

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 05:35 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Boxing is fake as the WWE. Boxing is dead.


MMA > boxing.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Boxing is fake as the WWE. Boxing is dead.


MMA > boxing.
boxing is more real then mma, stand up and fight don't go to the ground so our guy has a better shot at winning.

boxing will always be the better sport
Cartman is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Boxing is fake as the WWE. Boxing is dead.


MMA > boxing.
And your opinion is just that, an opinion. So I'll give you mine: MMA will never be better than the sweet science. Granted everyone believes as the heavyweight rank goes, so does boxing. That is true to some extent since boxings "Top" class has been brought down by the Klit Bros. However, the light heavyweight rank on down is full of good fighters. The Tarver Dawson fight tonight was very entertaining. Just because someone didn't get knocked out or have his arm pulled out of socket in a figure four lock inside of 3 rounds, doesn't mean it isn't entertaining. That's the problem with America now, zero patience with a yearning for brutality. Boxing is great for it's sportsmanship & technicality. It's a physical chess match.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 10:06 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
boxing is more real then mma, stand up and fight don't go to the ground so our guy has a better shot at winning.

boxing will always be the better sport


Considering you've never had a real fight in your life, your opinion means little. Boxing is merely but pillow fighting with rules.

If you put the BEST boxer in the world from each weight class and put him with his perspective counterpart in MMA in the Octagon where the fighters are more complete fighters where they are able to use all of their tools the Boxer will get schooled everytime.

When people get in real street fights the fight 90% of the time ends up the ground. So if you are not in the know, trained for ground fighting as a boxer you're going to get schooled.

Just because YOU don't understand ground fighting at all, doesn't make boxing a superior fighter. Look at it logically, a boxer is a mere two dimensional version of an MMA fighter because they don't utilize all their tools. MMA has taken hand to hand combat to another level leaving boxing old news. Boxing skills are merely ONE part of a true complete fighter. Without the rest of the skills required, they're nothing but to idiots standing toe to toe with big pillows on their hands playing the odds.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
. It's a physical chess match.
MMA is the very same thing only with more tools and weapons available to the fighters making them more in depth. When it takes 45 minutes for someone to possibly get KO'd because of the giant pillows on their hands that should say something about the techniques being used.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
MMA is the very same thing only with more tools and weapons available to the fighters making them more in depth. When it takes 45 minutes for someone to possibly get KO'd because of the giant pillows on their hands that should say something about the techniques being used.
LMAO at steve. Giant pillows on their hands. Never thought of it that way.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Keller
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Considering you've never had a real fight in your life, your opinion means little. Boxing is merely but pillow fighting with rules.

If you put the BEST boxer in the world from each weight class and put him with his perspective counterpart in MMA in the Octagon where the fighters are more complete fighters where they are able to use all of their tools the Boxer will get schooled everytime.

When people get in real street fights the fight 90% of the time ends up the ground. So if you are not in the know, trained for ground fighting as a boxer you're going to get schooled.

Just because YOU don't understand ground fighting at all, doesn't make boxing a superior fighter. Look at it logically, a boxer is a mere two dimensional version of an MMA fighter because they don't utilize all their tools. MMA has taken hand to hand combat to another level leaving boxing old news. Boxing skills are merely ONE part of a true complete fighter. Without the rest of the skills required, they're nothing but to idiots standing toe to toe with big pillows on their hands playing the odds.
Well put.
Dont even get me started on the lame ass boxers who throw one punch then tie their opponent up just to avoid getting hit. If they tried tying up with a wrestler, mui thai fighter or any decent mma fighter, the fight would end right then.

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
88'RAGTOP is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Radial Racer
 
NEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 325/50/15
Posts: 6,105
Chad Dawson is a bad-ass with lightning fast hands. He reminds me of Roy Jones Jr. back in the day ...........but faster.


High Performance World
3133 National Circle
Garland, TX 75041
972-271-3900
NEAL is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
JKD


dude you have a one track mind and you think you know all and think you are better than everyone on here!!! i like it lol i dig that you wanna argue shit bc im a conflict kind of guy i like confrontation and its fun!

but in this case you are right to an extent but not totally , your putting part of the facts out but not all of it, sounding alot like you running for president!

if you put a boxer in a ring with a mma fighter and leave the mma rules, of coarse the mma fighter will win! but do the same for the boxer and he/she will win! ive personaly stepped in the ring and sparred with pro boxers to improve my standup and they are no joke! those pillows are for the fighters protection bc pro boxers hit alot harder (in most cases) than mma fighters! boxers have one weapon so they perfect that weapon, mma has many so there is more consentration on other aspects! your fact of 90% of all fights going to the ground is right so alot mma training is done on the ground meaning their boxing or standup is alot weaker than the boxer!

boxing has its place and its not going anywhere! it paved the way for mma in america and it should be shown respect! i enjoy watching all contact sports and i will not narrow my fight skills or entertainment into one sport!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
JKD


dude you have a one track mind and you think you know all and think you are better than everyone on here!!! i like it lol i dig that you wanna argue shit bc im a conflict kind of guy i like confrontation and its fun!

but in this case you are right to an extent but not totally , your putting part of the facts out but not all of it, sounding alot like you running for president!

if you put a boxer in a ring with a mma fighter and leave the mma rules, of coarse the mma fighter will win! but do the same for the boxer and he/she will win! ive personaly stepped in the ring and sparred with pro boxers to improve my standup and they are no joke! those pillows are for the fighters protection bc pro boxers hit alot harder (in most cases) than mma fighters! boxers have one weapon so they perfect that weapon, mma has many so there is more consentration on other aspects! your fact of 90% of all fights going to the ground is right so alot mma training is done on the ground meaning their boxing or standup is alot weaker than the boxer!

boxing has its place and its not going anywhere! it paved the way for mma in america and it should be shown respect! i enjoy watching all contact sports and i will not narrow my fight skills or entertainment into one sport!

It's clear to me that you have taken way too many blows to the head.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
its clear you have no damn idea that there is a world out side of the bullshit you do!!!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Your Daddy
 
Juiced89lx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Stankonia
Posts: 4,090
Juiced89lx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome