Big Title Fights tonight!!!!!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Big Title Fights tonight!!!!!!!

Tarver vs Dawson & Peter vs Old Klit

I've been anxiously awaiting both these fights.
Discuss......

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Oooooooh-whee

*yawn*

8/16/05
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 12:33 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

oh, boxing, I didn't know what the hell any of those people were.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Time Served

i would love to see tarver lay big D down

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Not brutal enough for the people here, I guess.
I'm surprised, I thought the majority of DFW stangs would love to see Vitaly Klitschko come out of retirement. He is white, afterall.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Time Served

i hate Vitaly Klitschko never liked that fucker

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
i hate Vitaly Klitschko never liked that fucker
Same here. Even though Sam Peter is South African, I still want to see him light that Ukranian fucker up.

Tarver has slimmed down considerably. Physically, he looks ready for "Bad' Chad. Can't wait for 8pm to roll around!

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 05:35 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Boxing is fake as the WWE. Boxing is dead.

MMA > boxing.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD

MMA > boxing.
boxing is more real then mma, stand up and fight don't go to the ground so our guy has a better shot at winning.

boxing will always be the better sport
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD

MMA > boxing.
And your opinion is just that, an opinion. So I'll give you mine: MMA will never be better than the sweet science. Granted everyone believes as the heavyweight rank goes, so does boxing. That is true to some extent since boxings "Top" class has been brought down by the Klit Bros. However, the light heavyweight rank on down is full of good fighters. The Tarver Dawson fight tonight was very entertaining. Just because someone didn't get knocked out or have his arm pulled out of socket in a figure four lock inside of 3 rounds, doesn't mean it isn't entertaining. That's the problem with America now, zero patience with a yearning for brutality. Boxing is great for it's sportsmanship & technicality. It's a physical chess match.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 10:06 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
boxing is more real then mma, stand up and fight don't go to the ground so our guy has a better shot at winning.

boxing will always be the better sport

Considering you've never had a real fight in your life, your opinion means little. Boxing is merely but pillow fighting with rules.

If you put the BEST boxer in the world from each weight class and put him with his perspective counterpart in MMA in the Octagon where the fighters are more complete fighters where they are able to use all of their tools the Boxer will get schooled everytime.

When people get in real street fights the fight 90% of the time ends up the ground. So if you are not in the know, trained for ground fighting as a boxer you're going to get schooled.

Just because YOU don't understand ground fighting at all, doesn't make boxing a superior fighter. Look at it logically, a boxer is a mere two dimensional version of an MMA fighter because they don't utilize all their tools. MMA has taken hand to hand combat to another level leaving boxing old news. Boxing skills are merely ONE part of a true complete fighter. Without the rest of the skills required, they're nothing but to idiots standing toe to toe with big pillows on their hands playing the odds.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
. It's a physical chess match.
MMA is the very same thing only with more tools and weapons available to the fighters making them more in depth. When it takes 45 minutes for someone to possibly get KO'd because of the giant pillows on their hands that should say something about the techniques being used.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
MMA is the very same thing only with more tools and weapons available to the fighters making them more in depth. When it takes 45 minutes for someone to possibly get KO'd because of the giant pillows on their hands that should say something about the techniques being used.
LMAO at steve. Giant pillows on their hands. Never thought of it that way.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Considering you've never had a real fight in your life, your opinion means little. Boxing is merely but pillow fighting with rules.

If you put the BEST boxer in the world from each weight class and put him with his perspective counterpart in MMA in the Octagon where the fighters are more complete fighters where they are able to use all of their tools the Boxer will get schooled everytime.

When people get in real street fights the fight 90% of the time ends up the ground. So if you are not in the know, trained for ground fighting as a boxer you're going to get schooled.

Just because YOU don't understand ground fighting at all, doesn't make boxing a superior fighter. Look at it logically, a boxer is a mere two dimensional version of an MMA fighter because they don't utilize all their tools. MMA has taken hand to hand combat to another level leaving boxing old news. Boxing skills are merely ONE part of a true complete fighter. Without the rest of the skills required, they're nothing but to idiots standing toe to toe with big pillows on their hands playing the odds.
Well put.
Dont even get me started on the lame ass boxers who throw one punch then tie their opponent up just to avoid getting hit. If they tried tying up with a wrestler, mui thai fighter or any decent mma fighter, the fight would end right then.

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Radial Racer

Chad Dawson is a bad-ass with lightning fast hands. He reminds me of Roy Jones Jr. back in the day ...........but faster.

High Performance World
3133 National Circle
Garland, TX 75041
972-271-3900
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Time Served

JKD

dude you have a one track mind and you think you know all and think you are better than everyone on here!!! i like it lol i dig that you wanna argue shit bc im a conflict kind of guy i like confrontation and its fun!

but in this case you are right to an extent but not totally , your putting part of the facts out but not all of it, sounding alot like you running for president!

if you put a boxer in a ring with a mma fighter and leave the mma rules, of coarse the mma fighter will win! but do the same for the boxer and he/she will win! ive personaly stepped in the ring and sparred with pro boxers to improve my standup and they are no joke! those pillows are for the fighters protection bc pro boxers hit alot harder (in most cases) than mma fighters! boxers have one weapon so they perfect that weapon, mma has many so there is more consentration on other aspects! your fact of 90% of all fights going to the ground is right so alot mma training is done on the ground meaning their boxing or standup is alot weaker than the boxer!

boxing has its place and its not going anywhere! it paved the way for mma in america and it should be shown respect! i enjoy watching all contact sports and i will not narrow my fight skills or entertainment into one sport!

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
JKD

dude you have a one track mind and you think you know all and think you are better than everyone on here!!! i like it lol i dig that you wanna argue shit bc im a conflict kind of guy i like confrontation and its fun!

but in this case you are right to an extent but not totally , your putting part of the facts out but not all of it, sounding alot like you running for president!

if you put a boxer in a ring with a mma fighter and leave the mma rules, of coarse the mma fighter will win! but do the same for the boxer and he/she will win! ive personaly stepped in the ring and sparred with pro boxers to improve my standup and they are no joke! those pillows are for the fighters protection bc pro boxers hit alot harder (in most cases) than mma fighters! boxers have one weapon so they perfect that weapon, mma has many so there is more consentration on other aspects! your fact of 90% of all fights going to the ground is right so alot mma training is done on the ground meaning their boxing or standup is alot weaker than the boxer!

boxing has its place and its not going anywhere! it paved the way for mma in america and it should be shown respect! i enjoy watching all contact sports and i will not narrow my fight skills or entertainment into one sport!

It's clear to me that you have taken way too many blows to the head.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Time Served

its clear you have no damn idea that there is a world out side of the bullshit you do!!!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Your Daddy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement