NCAA top 10? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
NCAA top 10?

Didn't see a thread on this, so I thought I'd throw it out for discussion: WTF? USC, Florida, and Georgia took it on the chin this weekend. Look at the Big 12 now: OU, Mizzou, UT, and even Tech, are right in the middle of things now! OU will be #1, and rightfully so. Where does that put Mizzou, UT and Tech now? We should have a helluva game on October 11, with OU at #1 and Texas at #4 or #5. The only hope I see for a Texas win, is how well UT's defense matches up. If they're in Bradfords face all day, it could be fun...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: THE GYM
Posts: 302
yeah wild saturday for sure i think texas will be a okay on oct 11 mccoy is looking pretty good and that d will get to bradford

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
bigbirdbryan21 is offline  
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 09:59 AM
P1
 
gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: I like steak
Posts: 2,624
lets go with this

1. Oklahoma: realistically the undisputed best team in the country. they put a whooping on a really good TCU defense

2. Alabama: Destroyed 2 top 10 teams already this year and have not trailed in a game.

3. Missouri: Chase Daniel is a beast. They put a pretty good whooping on Illinois, but struggled in their last game against a pretty damn good Buffalo team who will make some noise in the MAC this year. We'll see this week against Nebraska, then in 3 weeks against Texas if this ranking is deserved.

4. LSU: I picked LSU here for 1 reason over Texas. Schedule thus far. LSU has some serious QB issues but the running game is on point. Les Miles will figure out a way to get out of a tough SEC.

5. Texas: I guess since they are a Big 12 team and they are undefeated they are deserved of this spot. Believe it or not, the best team, by far, they have played is the Rice Owls. The schedule really picks up in a couple weeks with a brutal 2 week span of opponents, #1 OU followed by #3 Mizzou. We'll see what all 3 of these Top 5 teams are really made of.

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
gonzo is offline  
 
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
I have a feeling that once the dust clears, that everyone will have atleast 1 loss, and possibly 2 losses.

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: McKinney
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
I have a feeling that once the dust clears, that everyone will have atleast 1 loss, and possibly 2 losses.
Agreed.

Look at the upcoming schedule for those Top 5 teams and it doesn't get any easier as the season goes forth.....

Look at undefeated Utah (Mountain West) and Boise St (WAC) in the rankings. Could they possibly throw a wrench into the BCS standings if they finish undefeated and miss out on the BCS? I only say this if the teams from the BCS conferences don't have 2 undefeated teams at the end of the season.
RiceStang is offline  
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:11 AM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
If LSU beats UF and Alabama in the next few weeks, we are headed back to the champioship...just going to be difficult since our QB doesnt have much experience. I hope UT beats OU. Mizzou will lose to either team. I think Mizzou should be 4th and LSU 3rd.
LSU will have its hands full with UFs offense. Our secondary isnt that great and Tebow will likely put up some good numbers against us. I will be at this game...
davbrucas is offline  
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
UT's secondary is VERY young. They seem to play OK, but have yet to really be tested. As much as I love 'em, OU, Tech, and Mizzou could all be losses. But, if the ball bounces right a few times, it could also be three wins. I still think Bradford is capable of having a bad day, and I hope it comes on Oct. 11...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
AP Top 25
1.Oklahoma (43)
2.Alabama (21)
3.LSU
4.Missouri (1)
5.Texas
6.Penn St.
7.Texas Tech
8.BYU
9.USC
10.South Florida
11.Georgia
12.Florida
13.Auburn
14.Ohio St.
15.Utah
16.Kansas
17.Boise St.
18.Wisconsin
19.Vanderbilt
20.Virginia Tech

USA Today
1.Oklahoma (57)
2.LSU (1)
3.Missouri
4.Alabama (2)
5.Texas (1)
6.Penn St.
7.BYU
8.Texas Tech
9.USC
10.Georgia
11.South Florida
12.Ohio St.
13.Florida
14.Auburn
15.Utah
16.Kansas
17.Wisconsin
18.Boise St.
19.Vanderbilt
20.Oregon


Should Georgia be higher than USC?

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas
If LSU beats UF and Alabama in the next few weeks, we are headed back to the champioship...just going to be difficult since our QB doesnt have much experience. I hope UT beats OU. Mizzou will lose to either team. I think Mizzou should be 4th and LSU 3rd.
LSU will have its hands full with UFs offense. Our secondary isnt that great and Tebow will likely put up some good numbers against us. I will be at this game...
well if bama is real, then lsu might be in trouble, but if not then lsu should go undefeated, their D and running game are just too strong for most.

now the sad part is I think ark has won the only games they are gonna win during the 1st two weeks. long long long season ahead
Cartman is offline  
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
I'm making the call right now: unranked Baylor will defeat #1 Oklahoma on saturday.






Ok, even I started laughing at that one

Slowhand is offline  
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I'm making the call right now: unranked Baylor will defeat #1 Oklahoma on saturday.

Coming from a die hard Sooner fan......theres probably more of a chance of that happening than you think. Its a trap game, being played a week after a big revenge game against TCU, and a week before the Texas game. Historically, the week before OU/TX Oklahoma doesnt play well. (Last year they lost to Colorado)

Add to the fact that Coach Briles has Baylor playing some competitive football, with one of the best up and coming freshman QBs in the Country...things might get interesting.

If there is a let down this year by Oklahoma...it will be against Baylor or Kansas St.

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
UT's secondary is VERY young. They seem to play OK, but have yet to really be tested. As much as I love 'em, OU, Tech, and Mizzou could all be losses. But, if the ball bounces right a few times, it could also be three wins. I still think Bradford is capable of having a bad day, and I hope it comes on Oct. 11...

Being a huge UT fan I do have to agree with you that they haven't really been tested this year, but you also have to look at it this way as well... in the past 10 years UT has had problems against teams they should totally blow out. Which it's kinda a double edged sword for them because they've played some great football this year with little mistakes... but wait, they're supposed to because they haven't been tested. I look at it this way, Colt McCoy is having a great season, he's thrown 14 touchdowns with only 1 interception and he's 80 completions for 100 attempts. Not a bad start for a him considering Texas QB's have always been known for making stupid mistakes. The season is still young for them and they have a tough road ahead, but I wouldn't cout them out just yet.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
MotoMan is offline  
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Being a huge UT fan I do have to agree with you that they haven't really been tested this year, but you also have to look at it this way as well... in the past 10 years UT has had problems against teams they should totally blow out. Which it's kinda a double edged sword for them because they've played some great football this year with little mistakes... but wait, they're supposed to because they haven't been tested. I look at it this way, Colt McCoy is having a great season, he's thrown 14 touchdowns with only 1 interception and he's 80 completions for 100 attempts. Not a bad start for a him considering Texas QB's have always been known for making stupid mistakes. The season is still young for them and they have a tough road ahead, but I wouldn't cout them out just yet.
Another asset that McCoy has, is his 300 yards rushing in 4 games. I know things look really good (I've been a fan for more than 40 years), but I'd rather stay realistic about their abilities until after Oct. 11. That's when the real schedule begins...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:49 PM
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Another asset that McCoy has, is his 300 yards rushing in 4 games. I know things look really good (I've been a fan for more than 40 years), but I'd rather stay realistic about their abilities until after Oct. 11. That's when the real schedule begins...
How's Colorado's team this year? Since that's their next game....

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
MotoMan is offline  
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
How's Colorado's team this year? Since that's their next game....
The Buffs are pretty good...good enough at home that the 'Horns will need their "A" game.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
one of the best up and coming freshman QBs in the Country...things might get interesting.

If there is a let down this year by Oklahoma...it will be against Baylor or Kansas St.
Robert Griffin is the (black) rebirth of Jesus Christ, no doubt. He's going to get pounded this week, though. I was concerned last week during the UConn game about how many hits he was taking and it probably won't get any better this week.

If the defense comes out to play as well as they can, it still won't be a game, but it won't be slaughter. If the defenese doesn't, then it's a lost cause from the first snap.

Slowhand is offline  
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
lets go with this

1. Oklahoma: realistically the undisputed best team in the country. they put a whooping on a really good TCU defense

2. Alabama: Destroyed 2 top 10 teams already this year and have not trailed in a game.

3. Missouri: Chase Daniel is a beast. They put a pretty good whooping on Illinois, but struggled in their last game against a pretty damn good Buffalo team who will make some noise in the MAC this year. We'll see this week against Nebraska, then in 3 weeks against Texas if this ranking is deserved.

4. LSU: I picked LSU here for 1 reason over Texas. Schedule thus far. LSU has some serious QB issues but the running game is on point. Les Miles will figure out a way to get out of a tough SEC.

5. Texas: I guess since they are a Big 12 team and they are undefeated they are deserved of this spot. Believe it or not, the best team, by far, they have played is the Rice Owls. The schedule really picks up in a couple weeks with a brutal 2 week span of opponents, #1 OU followed by #3 Mizzou. We'll see what all 3 of these Top 5 teams are really made of.
This is probably the correct order for now. Alabama has looked impressive, but the opponents they schlacked did not. Part of that was credit to 'Bama, but part was just other team sucking (Clemson) and the other part was UGa being overrated and not showing up. We'll see how they fare coming up against some stiffer conference foes. Mizzou and OU are where they should be though they've shown some vulnerability. The mystery team is UT since they have looked fantastic and done exactly what they should've done -- destroy a lesser opponent. I'd keep an eye on BYU as this group will beat up on each other and BYU may get through undefeated.

All I know is one thing -- if UT somehow gets through Oct. 18th undefeated (beating OU and Mizzou on back to back weeks), then that's the #1 team in the country.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
Mizzou and OU are where they should be though they've shown some vulnerability.


Care to elaborate?

Maybe I'm just high on PCP or something, but.....

Week 1
OU-57
Chattanooga-2

Week 2
OU-52
Cincy-26

Week 3
OU-55
Washington-14

Week 5
OU-35
TCU-10



Those are all convincing rapings. No room for vulnerability in the scores shown, so please explain.
bcoop is offline  
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
This is probably the correct order for now. Alabama has looked impressive, but the opponents they schlacked did not. Part of that was credit to 'Bama, but part was just other team sucking (Clemson) and the other part was UGa being overrated and not showing up. We'll see how they fare coming up against some stiffer conference foes. Mizzou and OU are where they should be though they've shown some vulnerability. The mystery team is UT since they have looked fantastic and done exactly what they should've done -- destroy a lesser opponent. I'd keep an eye on BYU as this group will beat up on each other and BYU may get through undefeated.

All I know is one thing -- if UT somehow gets through Oct. 18th undefeated (beating OU and Mizzou on back to back weeks), then that's the #1 team in the country.
You're right, but talk about tough! OU is going to be a straight-up bitch of a game, then Mizzou... . IF they can get by those two, and go undefeated, it will be an amazing season...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Care to elaborate?

Maybe I'm just high on PCP or something, but.....

Week 1
OU-57
Chattanooga-2

Week 2
OU-52
Cincy-26

Week 3
OU-55
Washington-14

Week 5
OU-35
TCU-10



Those are all convincing rapings. No room for vulnerability in the scores shown, so please explain.


None of these opponents were worth a damn...I bet they will not put up 50pts on Texas or Mizzou.
davbrucas is offline  
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas
None of these opponents were worth a damn...I bet they will not put up 50pts on Texas or Mizzou.


Please point out where I said those opponents were worth a damn.


And again, my question has gone unanswered. Those were all convincing rapings. Please, point out where OU has shown that they are vulnerable.


Oh, wait..... They haven't. Carry on.
bcoop is offline  
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Please point out where I said those opponents were worth a damn.


And again, my question has gone unanswered. Those were all convincing rapings. Please, point out where OU has shown that they are vulnerable.


Oh, wait..... They haven't. Carry on.
Against TCU at home. They should have beat them more then 25.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Against TCU at home. They should have beat them more then 25.

Did you watch any of that game? After the first quarter, Kevin Wilson (the OC) inexplicably decided to run the ball up the gut the rest of the game.....run on 1st, run on 2nd, pass on third and long to get a first down........Bradford had 200 yards passing in the first friggin quarter. OU could have named the score if they wanted to. Neither Texas nor OU has played anyone of real significance, so I'll reserve judgment until after the 11th.
stock85 is offline  
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Please point out where I said those opponents were worth a damn.


And again, my question has gone unanswered. Those were all convincing rapings. Please, point out where OU has shown that they are vulnerable.


Oh, wait..... They haven't. Carry on.
You want vulnerability? Watch the Cincy game and see what they did to OU's secondary.
92fox is offline  
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock85
Did you watch any of that game? After the first quarter, Kevin Wilson (the OC) inexplicably decided to run the ball up the gut the rest of the game.....run on 1st, run on 2nd, pass on third and long to get a first down........Bradford had 200 yards passing in the first friggin quarter. OU could have named the score if they wanted to. Neither Texas nor OU has played anyone of real significance, so I'll reserve judgment until after the 11th.
No I didnt watch the game. I thought TCU was giving OU some trouble. But guess not.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:27 PM
BOOMER SOONER!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Please, point out where OU has shown that they are vulnerable.


Oh, wait..... They haven't. Carry on.

OU's special teams SUCK BALLS!!! If the kicker can only get it to the 10-15 yard line on kickoffs, it's gonna come back to bite them.
BlueThunder99TA is offline  
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:28 PM
BOOMER SOONER!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92fox
You want vulnerability? Watch the Cincy game and see what they did to OU's secondary.

they completed barely 50% passing, didn't do too much damage, but when you give a kick returner 296 yards, that stings a bit.
BlueThunder99TA is offline  
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92fox
You want vulnerability? Watch the Cincy game and see what they did to OU's secondary.
They gave up 2 TDs the entire game. I went to the game, and have now rewatched it several times. I havent seen any vulnarability in anything they do.

I like how people can watch bits and pieces of games, or catch a glimpse of Sportscenter, and form an opinion based on that. Its a good thing that there are some people who actually do know whats going on, and can hold others accountable.

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
They gave up 2 TDs the entire game. I went to the game, and have now rewatched it several times. I havent seen any vulnarability in anything they do.

I like how people can watch bits and pieces of games, or catch a glimpse of Sportscenter, and form an opinion based on that. Its a good thing that there are some people who actually do know whats going on, and can hold others accountable.
2 TDs and what 4 FG. Well they must have done something right cause they got close enough to score 6 times. If a better team played them the score would've been a little closer.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
OU's special teams SUCK BALLS!!! If the kicker can only get it to the 10-15 yard line on kickoffs, it's gonna come back to bite them.

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner, this is what I've said all along.
stock85 is offline  
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
2 TDs and what 4 FG. Well they must have done something right cause they got close enough to score 6 times. If a better team played them the score would've been a little closer.

That would be the special teams..........and let's not forget they got the final tally, with .01 on the clock with the third teamers in. Cincy game is not one to judge the defense on............special teams...........no argument here.
stock85 is offline  
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
If a better team played them the score would've been a little closer.

The same thing will be said after next weekend. Its funny, how all these teams are supposed to be good...until OU disposses of them. And then, its..."If a better team played them the score would've been a little closer."

-Cincinnati fans ran their mouth for two weeks, taking about how good their QB was, and that their powerful offense would score 30+ on Oklahoma. And that their #1 rated secondary, and defense with 11 returning starters would shut down OU.

-TCU fans ran their mouth about their #1 ranked Defense, and how there is no way Oklahoma would score more than 14 points on them. Yet, up 35-3 Ou ran the ball every play to run out the cloack, and sat the starters on the bench mid 3rd qtr.

I cant wait fo Oklahoma to actually play an entire game with its 1st team offense and defense in the game. Im curious to see what the excuses will be come Sunday the 12th.

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
The same thing will be said after next weekend. Its funny, how all these teams are supposed to be good...until OU disposses of them. And then, its..."If a better team played them the score would've been a little closer."

-Cincinnati fans ran their mouth for two weeks, taking about how good their QB was, and that their powerful offense would score 30+ on Oklahoma. And that their #1 rated secondary, and defense with 11 returning starters would shut down OU.

-TCU fans ran their mouth about their #1 ranked Defense, and how there is no way Oklahoma would score more than 14 points on them. Yet, up 35-3 Ou ran the ball every play to run out the cloack, and sat the starters on the bench mid 3rd qtr.

I cant wait fo Oklahoma to actually play an entire game with its 1st team offense and defense in the game. Im curious to see what the excuses will be come Sunday the 12th.
The only excuses I will hear is from the OU fans when Texas beats them.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
Oh...OK

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:24 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
They gave up 2 TDs the entire game. I went to the game, and have now rewatched it several times. I havent seen any vulnarability in anything they do.

I like how people can watch bits and pieces of games, or catch a glimpse of Sportscenter, and form an opinion based on that. Its a good thing that there are some people who actually do know whats going on, and can hold others accountable.
Cincy did a good job in the first half showing that they could get some work done against OUs secondary. Now, yes, they only gave up 2 TDs but it does show that there's some vulnerability. Stop being such a homer.

Thank god for OU that the coaching staff can see the vulnerabilities that you can't, because I'm sure they are working on them.
exlude is offline  
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
They gave up 2 TDs the entire game. I went to the game, and have now rewatched it several times. I havent seen any vulnarability in anything they do.

I like how people can watch bits and pieces of games, or catch a glimpse of Sportscenter, and form an opinion based on that. Its a good thing that there are some people who actually do know whats going on, and can hold others accountable.
I watched the full game. I have been watching OU for years. Their secondary has been suspect at best for the past few years. Whether or not Cincy scored a bunch of touchdowns is irrelevent to my point. They were able to pass at will. As stated by others, OU's special teams needs some work as well.
92fox is offline  
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Cincy did a good job in the first half showing that they could get some work done against OUs secondary. Now, yes, they only gave up 2 TDs but it does show that there's some vulnerability.

This is 2008. The days of holding teams to under 200 yards a game are gone. Even the Baylors, and Iowa states of the World have the ability to put up 400+ yards in a game. It's how the game has evolved. It has nothing to do with having a weakness on defense. The secondary graded out better against Cincinnnati than it did against Tennessee Chattanooga. Im not a homer, and I see things realistically. I also study alot of film. There are ALOT of things that need to be worked on......but how it was explained by the original poster, that there are "vulnerabilities" is a blanket statement. They were never out of position, the other team simply made the plays. Guess what...the guys on the other side of the ball have scholorships to...just because they can make plays, doenst mean, there is a weakness on the defensive secondaries part.

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
This is 2008. The days of holding teams to under 200 yards a game are gone. Even the Baylors, and Iowa states of the World have the ability to put up 400+ yards in a game. It's how the game has evolved. It has nothing to do with having a weakness on defense. The secondary graded out better against Cincinnnati than it did against Tennessee Chattanooga. Im not a homer, and I see things realistically. I also study alot of film. There are ALOT of things that need to be worked on......but how it was explained by the original poster, that there are "vulnerabilities" is a blanket statement. They were never out of position, the other team simply made the plays. Guess what...the guys on the other side of the ball have scholorships to...just because they can make plays, doenst mean, there is a weakness on the defensive secondaries part.
You study film? Are you a coach for OU? If not then you need to get a fucking life.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
You study film? Are you a coach for OU? If not then you need to get a fucking life.

I've made it well enough in life, that Im fortunate enough to have the ability to take off of work for 5 months of the year, to follow College Football. As to me having a life? Ive got plenty of things to offer.

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
I've made it well enough in life, that Im fortunate enough to have the ability to take off of work for 5 months of the year, to follow College Football. As to me having a life? Ive got plenty of things to offer.
Wow. Thats all I got to say. Wow.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Next Door
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Wow. Thats all I got to say. Wow.
I get that alot. My family goes on nice vacations every year. Instead of going on nice vacations, I fly all over the F-N place to watch OU play during football season. Home or Away...I'm there. And since I'm never home to actually watch the games...I DVR them. I usually watch them 2-3 times. So, if you consider this not having a life...then so be it.

But like I said in an earlier thread....it also gives me an oppurtunity to see things, and have an intellectual opinion on what is actually going on during the game. I guess I dont watch football like the average fan. I watch the game with a coaching mindset, always looking at formations, personel, and coverages. Knowing what teams tendencies are before the play, and seeing how the offensive or defensive coaches adjust is what I enjoy about football. Thats why it pisses me off, when most of the silly fucks spew at the mouth about this or that, and really have no clue what they're talking about other than what they see on Sportscenter.


I'd love to stay and chat... but I'm packing up. Ive got about a 5 hour drive to Waco, TX.

99BRINGIT is offline  
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
This is 2008. The days of holding teams to under 200 yards a game are gone. .

hell, the days of holding the spread O teams under 300 yards passing is gone. THAT'S what makes pass D ranking so skewed
bert89coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome