ESPN Analyst calls Vince Young "a soft baby" - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
CJD
Time Served

ESPN Analyst calls Vince Young "a soft baby"

Got this from http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/23/h...s-a-soft-baby/

Hoge: Vince Young Is a 'Soft Baby'
Posted Sep 23rd 2008 9:05AM by JJ Cooper (author feed)
Filed under: Titans, AFC South

Merrill Hoge has been one of Vince Young's biggest critics ever since Young was getting ready for the 2006 NFL draft. While he's not saying I told you so, Hoge isn't exactly pulling back from any of his criticism now that Young is planted on the Titans' bench. In fact, he's piling on in an interview with Pittsburgh radio station WDVE.

"He's a baby. He's a soft baby. He's been a baby since they .... I stumbled across people who recruited him in college. They really tried to get him to go to Oklahoma. One of reasons they stopped their recruiting process was because he was such a baby . . . He was the most immature crybaby they ever met. He was soft; he wasn't tough."
Hoge then said that his Titans teammates are happy to see him benched. And in the process he basically sold out his friends at NFL Films--who are the ones who put microphones on players. Hoge heads into the NFL Films offices every week for his work on the State Farm NFL Matchup show. While he said he couldn't say how he knew this because it would violate confidences, it's pretty clear what's the source of this information.

"On the sideline the players were talking about what was going on--people are mic'ed. Players defensively were talking when he threw the second pick. They were saying 'that guy comes out and points to the crowd, when things are going great he's right out in front. But when it goes bad he's nowhere to be found'. Then he gets hurt the next series and they turn to each other and say 'We now have a chance to win this game and be a better team.' "
Hoge also said that Jeff Fisher told him before the 2006 draft that he was completely against drafting Young, and that he threatened to bring the University of Texas' offense to the Titans if they drafted him because he couldn't run an NFL offense.

"There are three things he doesn't have, well four now because he's not mentally tough. 1) He wasn't accurate. 2) He throws with zero anticipation and 3) he has no clue what he's looking at," Hoge said.

Hoge said that he expects to see Young and Matt Leinart (who he also called soft) will be cut at the end of the season. Fisher disputed that Vince Young rode a limo from his house to the Titans training facilities and he says he didn't tell Hoge he didn't want to draft Young. He didn't specifically address any of the other comments, although he tried to blanket them all together as bogus.

But considering the evidence out there, and Hoge's long-running arguments against Young as an NFL quarterback stretching back to before when he was drafted, it's hard to think that there isn't something to what he's saying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Custom Title

Denver stole Jay Cutler in that draft.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

I almost wish svtvenom were here for me to say I told you so. Almost.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Please, lets not jinx this forum.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
LMAO
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 PM

I told my buddies that were saying Young this and Young that he will suck in the NFL. you cant run around like that in the NFL theres always a Roy Williams or Dawkins ready to take ur head off. It sucks I wanted him to stay a UT one more year ghey.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
Please, lets not jinx this forum.
hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Time Served

Leinart was a bust also

01 cobra w/ nx 100 shot
99 lightning w/ kenne bell 2.3
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
lol...and i should also point out that hoge stole some of my lines much like venom stole his....
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicedcobra
Leinart was a bust also

Yep, Jay Cutler was by far the best QB to come out of that draft.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:29 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

Most 1st round QB's don't really live up to their potential. I do however like Cutler and how he's been a pretty solid QB. Have to hand it to Denver for sticking with him when all the Denver fan's didn't want to get rid of Jake the Snake.

Vince was such a Baby Boy at UT they gave him anything he wanted he was used to being worshiped in Austin. Welcome to the NFL punk! Same with Roy Williams, and with Limas Sweed.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
lol...and i should also point out that hoge stole some of my lines much like venom stole his....

zing!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:33 PM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
Most 1st round QB's don't really live up to their potential. I do however like Cutler and how he's been a pretty solid QB. Have to hand it to Denver for sticking with him when all the Denver fan's didn't want to get rid of Jake the Snake.

Vince was such a Baby Boy at UT they gave him anything he wanted he was used to being worshiped in Austin. Welcome to the NFL punk! Same with Roy Williams, and with Limas Sweed.
He probably made more money when he was down in Austin.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 07:54 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
He probably made more money when he was down in Austin.
I really would like to know how many checks from Hicks Holdings or Hicks Sports Group were cashed by people in his "inner circle".

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement