Your Favorite Texas Stadium Memory (that you attended) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Your Favorite Texas Stadium Memory (that you attended)

Alright, alot of us here have been to games at Texas Stadium, and alot of historic games have taken place there. So post up your favorite experience when you were in attendence.

I've only been to one game in '87 or '88. My sister was in high school and the Newman Smith Trojan Marching Band was performing halftime at the cowboys game (supposedly the first High School band to perform at halftime of a Cowboys game). Before the game, they let the band walk the field. My sister went out to the Star, and was taking it all in. She was holding her trumpet by the mouth piece, which is a Major No-No. The trumpet slipped off the mouthpiece and crashed onto the blue turf, crushing the bell. So she had to spend the entire game and halftime having never played a note.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Clown

Emmitt breaking the rushing record..........I need to find the ticket stub so I can have it framed with the picture of the carry.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Time Served

thanksgiving day against the broncos couple years ago(yeah the boys lost but still a good game)

when i was in high school i ran x-country and we did fund raisers there and i got to see about 5 games from all over the staduim.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Getting to go cover the game in high school for my video production class. Got to go down on the field and meet a few players before the game and film, and then got to watch from the sidelines for the rest of the game. I've still got the press pass!

post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Been to a few games there, both pro and high school games...but my favorite memory is back when I was around 9 years old.

Went on a tour of the stadium and we got to go out on the field and play. It was my first visit to Texas Stadium and was such a big deal to me at the time to be somewhere I saw on TV all the time.

I remember they had the Dalllas Tornado's logo on the field instead of the Cowboy Star.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Lifer

I have only been able to go to one game but it was a good one. Setting up on the 40 on thanksgiving day watching Romo's first start.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Radial Racer

Back in the day the old Q102-Texas Jam's and KSCS Country Fair's

High Performance World
3133 National Circle
Garland, TX 75041
972-271-3900
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:10 AM
LUCIFER

This past monday night was the best game I've been to there, just a great game. Saw Jaime Fox there. The wife and I left our seats right after eagles lost the ball on 4th down to lose the game. Darted straight for the car, got out without waiting behind one single car or getting surrounded by people. We've never been able to pull that off till this game.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Resident Epicurean

Monday night was by far, the loudest it's ever been when I've been there. That game was just insane. People were yelling at other people if they even tried to sit down. It appeared that at least 90% of the people in the stadium were on their feet.

Another memorable one for me was the NYE game three years ago. We were sitting in the Pepsi suite, with free booze and food. We left there, got chased out by security (cups full of Maker's Mark), and went and played a round of golf at a closed golf course.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:19 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Denton Ryan HS came back from a 14-3 deficit with 1:09 in the 4th quarter to win 18-14 over Ennis HS in the 2002 4A Division II semi-finals. I've never been to a Cowboys game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:22 AM
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
I honestly have to say it was the recent mnf game against the Eagles. We beat the Sheagles and it was the last mnf game of Texas Stadium.

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Lifer

My mom's boss @ an architect firm in Dallas gave my brother and I a pair of 50 yard line seats to the 1st pre-season game that Aikman and Irvin played in. We were bummed at 1st since Emmitt was still holding out of camp due to contract negotiations. That quickly ended after Aikman threw his 1st pass to Irvin. It was amazing to see the chemistry these two already had. After many years of being a frustrated fan it was like the sun began to show brightly through the hole in the stadium and the angels began to sing. It was a ray of hope that turned out to be one of the those moments that you were there to see two of the most influential Cowboys heroes from the beginning.

1989 coupe
2006 R6S

post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Custom Title

T-day playing the Broncos a few years ago. I had to walk back to the turck because the A-hole at the entry gate said my 35MM camera lens was too long, so I missed like half the first qtr.

I walk back in and as soon as I get to my seats, Champ Bailey makes an INT and runs it in for a TD. Denver ended up winning that day too, even better!

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Worship me

My favorite part is how that fucking faggot Jerry Jones has been doing his best to fuck the fans to death.

Three years ago beers were $5, two years ago $6, last year $7. This year $7.50.

And don't get me started with his faggotry involving ticket prices at the new stadium. Our company has bought tickets for the past five years on a license that was bought in 1968 for $50. We aren't buying a $50,000 license to buy tickets for twice as much.

I'm seriously thinking about not going to a game ever again. He can take the team and shove it up his ass.
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
My favorite part is how that fucking faggot Jerry Jones has been doing his best to fuck the fans to death.

Three years ago beers were $5, two years ago $6, last year $7. This year $7.50.

And don't get me started with his faggotry involving ticket prices at the new stadium. Our company has bought tickets for the past five years on a license that was bought in 1968 for $50. We aren't buying a $50,000 license to buy tickets for twice as much.

I'm seriously thinking about not going to a game ever again. He can take the team and shove it up his ass.

He's a capitalist, Al. How can you hate the man for making money?
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Denton Ryan HS came back from a 14-3 deficit with 1:09 in the 4th quarter to win 18-14 over Ennis HS in the 2002 4A Division II semi-finals. I've never been to a Cowboys game.
That's my choice also. Ive never been to a cowboys game at Texas stadium or been to Texas stadium for any other event.
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
$50??? More like $1000 (the bill my Dad got to renew his Season Tickets in 1971) . . . and the same thing was said about Tex Shrame in 1972. How many games have you gone to since 1972?

This is the worst argument ever.

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
$50??? More like $1000 (the bill my Dad got to renew his Season Tickets in 1971) . . . and the same thing was said about Tex Shrame in 1972. How many games have you gone to since 1972?

This is the worst argument ever.
I'm not talking about the amount to renew the tickets for the year subgenius, I'm talking about the bond on the seat that gives you the right to buy the tickets in the first place. A season's worth of tickets on our 8 licenses is currently ~$14K. The license fee at the new stadium is positively absurd.

Guess how much "credit" you get for your existing license if you want to buy a license at the new one? $350! For a $50K license. What an insult.

Why do you think that the Hunt family told Jerry to go get fucked when he came calling and wanted them to buy a suite? They bought some plain old season tickets instead. Even the fucking billionaire Hunts think pricing is absurd! I'm not sure how much more of an endorsement you need than that.
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
He's a capitalist, Al. How can you hate the man for making money?
There is a difference between "making money" and trying to fuck people over every chance you get.

Seriously, Skeletor has pissed off a lot of people with his antics.
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Radial Racer

There's a simple solution to that problem. "Don't buy fucking beer" I love it when people need beer or some other form of alcohol or drugs to have a good time
Quote:
There is a difference between "making money" and trying to fuck people over every chance you get.

Seriously, Skeletor has pissed off a lot of people with his antics.

High Performance World
3133 National Circle
Garland, TX 75041
972-271-3900
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:30 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

Thumbs down

Yup, I was going to buy season tickets this year so I could get some to the new stadium and then they pulled that bullshit, fuck J.J and his billion dollar stadium! If I want to go to a game, it single game tickets for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Watching the Redskins and Cowboys play on December 26, 1993 from a sky box with a group of high-$$$ people. One of the dudes his plane to Galveston the day before and shrimped all day and we drank beer and ate 50lbs of shrimp during the game.

The great this was it cost me only about $3.00 for gas to get to the stadium.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:54 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

man best memory... wow so many but seeing Emmitt break the All Time Rushing record. I was there... One of my all time favorite Cowboys was Emmitt Smith.
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
I'm not talking about the amount to renew the tickets for the year subgenius, I'm talking about the bond on the seat that gives you the right to buy the tickets in the first place. A season's worth of tickets on our 8 licenses is currently ~$14K. The license fee at the new stadium is positively absurd.
No, according to my Dad the seat license "bond" in 1971 was $1000 a seat to have the right to the seat for 30 years. That was absurd to him back then.

I'm not saying it's not absurd today, but it's still the same old same old.

Quote:
Why do you think that the Hunt family told Jerry to go get fucked when he came calling and wanted them to buy a suite? They bought some plain old season tickets instead. Even the fucking billionaire Hunts think pricing is absurd! I'm not sure how much more of an endorsement you need than that.
This current generation of Hunt's aren't the same as the previous generation (ie Lamar Hunt). They redifine tight ass.

post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
The license fee at the new stadium is positively absurd.

No it's not. PSL's were roughly $1000 per seat back when TX Stadium was built. My PSL's at the new stadium are $4000 per seat. When you figure inflation and all that shit over the last 28 years or whatever it's been, that's about right.

The difference is, you've got to pay to play. You want baller seats, you better be a baller. You want ordinary seats, you pay an ordinary price. Sure there are a select few seats, that carry a $40k+ PSL price. If you don't like it, buy different seats. It's really that fucking simple.

I still LMAO at all the "Sky is falling" dumbshits that bought in to the media's hype about how outrageous prices were going to be.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Worship me

Quote:
No it's not. PSL's were roughly $1000 per seat back when TX Stadium was built. My PSL's at the new stadium are $4000 per seat. When you figure inflation and all that shit over the last 28 years or whatever it's been, that's about right.

The difference is, you've got to pay to play. You want baller seats, you better be a baller. You want ordinary seats, you pay an ordinary price. Sure there are a select few seats, that carry a $40k+ PSL price. If you don't like it, buy different seats. It's really that fucking simple.

I still LMAO at all the "Sky is falling" dumbshits that bought in to the media's hype about how outrageous prices were going to be.
What the fuck ever. Our seats are 40 yard line upper deck seats, section 127 at Texas Stadium. Comparable seats at the stadium per what the Cowboys sent us is $50K per seat for just the license. Then on top of that the ticket price is roughly double what we were paying.

I'm not fucking imaging things and I didn't read this shit in the paper either.

Now, maybe they pulled their heads out of their asses and lowered their prices. That's possible. Or maybe you bought seats in the end zone for $4K per license, or maybe you are sitting in the concession stand (lol), I don't know. All I'm telling you is what they sent us. All that "pay to play" horseshit is exactly what old Jerry is counting on.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I'm seriously thinking about not going to a game ever again.
That'll show him! There most certainly won't be anyone waiting to fill your spot!

post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
What the fuck ever. Our seats are 40 yard line upper deck seats, section 127 at Texas Stadium. Comparable seats at the stadium per what the Cowboys sent us is $50K per seat for just the license. Then on top of that the ticket price is roughly double what we were paying.

I'm not fucking imaging things and I didn't read this shit in the paper either.

Now, maybe they pulled their heads out of their asses and lowered their prices. That's possible. Or maybe you bought seats in the end zone for $4K per license, or maybe you are sitting in the concession stand (lol), I don't know. All I'm telling you is what they sent us. All that "pay to play" horseshit is exactly what old Jerry is counting on.

Seats between the 30 and 30 are the highest, maybe it's between the 40 and 40. Get just outside that. We are corner end zone, because that is where we want to be. They kept trying to upgrade us, offer us all kinds of deals, etc. Fuck that. We want where we are now (upper level, corner end zone, first row sec 115). And we got where we are now. Corner end zone, mid level, first row.

Our tickets didn't double in price, either. More like a 20% increase.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Worship me

Well look here, someone else got the $50K per license and $340 per ticket offer that we got....so I'm not just imaging things...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.39cdd04.html
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:10 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Thumbs up

Quote:
or maybe you are sitting in the concession stand
LMFAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
That'll show him! There most certainly won't be anyone waiting to fill your spot!
Yes, there is quite a market there. Lots of people have the means to put $400K into a "bond" with a life of 30 years for 8 seats at the new stadium. Good luck with that marketing campaign.
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Seats between the 30 and 30 are the highest, maybe it's between the 40 and 40. Get just outside that. We are corner end zone, because that is where we want to be. They kept trying to upgrade us, offer us all kinds of deals, etc. Fuck that. We want where we are now (upper level, corner end zone, first row sec 115). And we got where we are now. Corner end zone, mid level, first row.

Our tickets didn't double in price, either. More like a 20% increase.
They will be calling you back before the season starts next year.

I tried to add eight tickets to our existing eight last year and the guy quoted me a positively absurd price, something like $32,000 for the season for 8 more tickets. I told him to get fucked. He was calling me back 3 months later asking if we could work something out. You can guess my response.

And that is my point. Jerry only has loyalty to his wallet. To some extent that is OK but he goes far beyond that. I have loyalty to my wallet. So he can fuck himself.
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:18 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Fingering a bitch underneath a blanket while her parents sat next to us, then high-fiving her dad with the stink hand when the Cowboys scored.

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor!
Fingering a bitch underneath a blanket while her parents sat next to us, then high-fiving her dad with the stink hand when the Cowboys scored.
Now that's living the high life.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
yes, jluv

I saw a lot of good concerts there. Also got to take a tour of the place on a field trip back when I was really young (maybe 7-ish?). Been to a bunch of games. Last year on Thanksgiving was cool. We had great seats.
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 02:40 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

My favorite games have all been the playoff games of the 90's, we have not had a winning season in over a decade, so when they started winning, it was pure joy to be rooting for the Boy's at Texas Stadium! I've been to several games but the 93 (SF) & 95 (GB) NFC Champ. games were the best for me, I was also at the 94 playoff against GB and the 95 playoff against Philly.

My mom took me to a Billy Graham revival at Texas Stadium when I was a kid, that was the first time I actually went there.

I have also been to a few concerts to see Pink Floyd, Metallica w/Guns & Roses, numerous events, high school football, motorcross, monster truck, etc.

And who can forget going to see outdoor movies at Texas Stadium, I saw Godzilla vs. Megatron, LOL!
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 02:45 PM
que?

Quote:
/thread

you win
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
I was going to type my obligatory fuck jerry and ticket prices...but Geof...you win.

oh and fuck I may not ever go to a game unless given free tickets.
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
the best time for me was when the cowboys were 1-15, they had a game vs the dolphins and marino got sacked just b4 the half and time ran out but he got up yelled at the ref for time out they gave it to him and he threw a 55yrd or so hell mary td the dolphins won that game by 7 if i remember correctly.
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 PM

Mickey Thompson off-Road - never went to see a football game there
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Texas Rangers #1

Nov. 27, 2003 (Thanksgiving Day)
Miami Dolphins 40, Dallas Cowboys 21

First Miami Dolphins game I had gone to. Dolphins haven't really been relevant since then.

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
Nov. 27, 2003 (Thanksgiving Day)
Miami Dolphins 40, Dallas Cowboys 21

First Miami Dolphins game I had gone to. Dolphins haven't really been relevant since then.
I won a pair of tickets for that game from work. I took my 6 month preggers wife to the game. She kept getting up to go to the bathroom so I asked her to bring me two bears each time. The folks around me though I was being a real prick making her go get me beers and she said all the people in line and along the way were looking at her like some trailer trash alky. It was awesome having a designated driver for 9 months. Over the past 5 years she has more than made up for that dry nine months.

1989 coupe
2006 R6S

post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Lifer

when we beat the colts about 2 years ago when they were 8-0 9-0? Great fucking game, and awesome game to be at. It was Romo's 3rd or 4th start. Place was loud as fuck.

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Texas Rangers #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher
I won a pair of tickets for that game from work. I took my 6 month preggers wife to the game. She kept getting up to go to the bathroom so I asked her to bring me two bears each time. The folks around me though I was being a real prick making her go get me beers and she said all the people in line and along the way were looking at her like some trailer trash alky. It was awesome having a designated driver for 9 months. Over the past 5 years she has more than made up for that dry nine months.
LOL. I went with my wife, and she was also pregnant... I think she was 7 months pregnant at the time.

I like the Cowboys, I'm usually cheering for them unless they are playing the Dolphins. I also went to the game before the Thanksgiving game (they played Carolina and won). It was a package deal.

post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 11:29 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

the blocked field goal that sealed the deal in the GB playoff game back in the mid-90's or was that the Philly game?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement