LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

please cut josh howard what a moron look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDxf35b06s4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:30 AM
yes, jluv

I can't open videos at work. Got cliffnotes?
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm on a boat.

Some people do that kind of stuff for attention. I think he is just doing it because he's truly an idiot.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:32 AM
fuckcanada

Something about him being black and the national anthem.

post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Sure Shot

He is a nuisance. They should of traded his ass a long time ago.

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 AM
reppin tha westside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
overpaid primadonna.

Black & doesn't believe in the national anthem.

idiot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 AM
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
X2
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Lifer

Josh howard fucking around during the national anthem and say something about how it is shit he is a black man and it means nothing to him. Then he says something about obama I can't make out.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Lifer

It is on Dallasnews.com here is a copy of what he said.

In a video posted on YouTube, the swingman is shown at Allen Iverson's charity flag football game in July. When the national anthem is being sung, various participants are shown mugging for the camera. When the camera gets to Howard, he says: " 'The Star-Spangled Banner' is going on. I don't celebrate this [expletive]. I'm black."

Howard goes on to make a difficult-to-discern comment that includes a reference to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:46 AM
yes, jluv

Good thing he's a basketball player and not a politician. I don't give a shit if he runs his mouth and says stupid shit as long as he can play ball.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Lifer

Why in the world would people think liberals hate this country?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Lifer

That loud-mouth bitch will damn sure take "white money", won't he? We'll see if Cuban want's to take this publicity "hit".

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:01 AM
600 plus a few

Yeah I was flipping thru the channels on the way to work, heard this on 104.5. "Come on guys, hes not a bonehead, but he does things that makes people think hes a bonehead"

Really? No shit, maybe he actually IS a bonehead

"Cut him a break, people are making it sound worse than it really is"

Ok, so next time Al Sharpton gets all in a fuss about someone being racist, I'll tell him its not what he meant, its not a big deal. Fuck off..

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
That loud-mouth bitch will damn sure take "white money", won't he? We'll see if Cuban want's to take this publicity "hit".
Cuban said he is going to send him to a class to help him understand what not to say. I can't remember what they are calling it.
This fucker needs to go don't cut him then we just get fucked hard. He is able to be traded we will loose there two but not as bad as getting nothing for this looser.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM
I voted for McCain!!

If it were not for basketball that jig would be waiting tables at best. What a fucking moron, dissing the country that has provided him everything. Try that shit in France you dumb fuck. About as smart as a box of forks.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM
dead

Quote:
Good thing he's a basketball player and not a politician. I don't give a shit if he runs his mouth and says stupid shit as long as he can play ball.

he has been pure shit.

should have taken the artest trade.

ive said it forever now. FIRE DONNIE NELSON.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
he has been pure shit.

should have taken the artest trade.

ive said it forever now. FIRE DONNIE NELSON.
Shit? Do you watch the Mavs often? I don't believe he's been playing to his full potential, but he's been pretty solid all along. He's no leader, but he's valuable to the team, no doubt.

I still don't give a shit what he says about the national anthem.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM
dead

Quote:
Shit? Do you watch the Mavs often? I don't believe he's been playing to his full potential, but he's been pretty solid all along. He's no leader, but he's valuable to the team, no doubt.

I still don't give a shit what he says about the national anthem.

i watch every game i can. i watch every playoff game. he starts off the regular season alright. he tanks in the playoffs and hides.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:47 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
i watch every game i can. i watch every playoff game. he starts off the regular season alright. he tanks in the playoffs and hides.
He wasn't phenomenal this year, but none of them were. Far from "pure shit" though. I'd hate to see him go, personally. He's an idiot for running his mouth like he does, no doubt.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:53 AM
LUCIFER

J-ho was my fav player but his off court shit is just fucking stupid. He's losing respect from many on & off the court. He plays a vital role on the Mavs both offense/defense so all in all we do need him..but we need him to keep his shit straight and focus on playing ball!

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Really? So you're proud that an anti-American player is on the team? I'm embarrassed by it.

I think he should have been released immediately. It doesn't help that he is CONSTANTLY in trouble (dope smoking, street racing, etc) but he's playing shitty basketball too. He's in a decline and brining the team down.
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 10:23 AM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Really? So you're proud that an anti-American player is on the team? I'm embarrassed by it.

I think he should have been released immediately. It doesn't help that he is CONSTANTLY in trouble (dope smoking, street racing, etc) but he's playing shitty basketball too. He's in a decline and brining the team down.
the guy is a fuck up and if i can see it from here then it has to be worse in the locker room. we had soooooo many chances to trade him and get something decent for him. this is a situation you do not want to be in and it was a failure by mavericks front office not to fix the situation when they had the chance. the only thing that will make it worse is if his game play has slipped and he is a bad basketball player.

from my seat its donnie nelsons fault. if its ultimately cuban that stopped the trades then this team will end up in flames which is a damn shame.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
First off, it depends on your definition of anti-American. I couldn't see the video.

If he spouts off stupid stuff about the anthem and black people and George Bush, I may think he's a fool, but it's not going to embarrass me or anything. It won't change my attitude on him as a player, or even necessarily cause me to label him as an "anti-American". There are a lot of very foolish athletes that aren't getting paid for being smart or being great public speakers. People can have their opinions, as foolish as they may be, and can speak them if they want. That's the American way, in fact!

Now if he said he hates this country and hopes we all die and that Osama is his gay lover, then I would surely feel differently.

Last edited by jluv; 09-17-2008 at 11:41 AM.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Now if he said he hates this country and hopes we all die and that Osama is his gay lover, then I would surely feel differently.
That's what he said.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
That's what he said.

Oh snap!
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
co-sign

Yes let just cut an all-star in J-Ho because he's an idiot.

If thats the case, lets try to get rid of Mark Cuban because he doesnt make retarded comments also

Lets cut T.O. while we are at also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 12:23 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
co-sign

Yes let just cut an all-star in J-Ho because he's an idiot.

If thats the case, lets try to get rid of Mark Cuban because he doesnt make retarded comments also

Lets cut T.O. while we are at also.
you cant get rid of cuban.
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhatch
Josh howard fucking around during the national anthem and say something about how it is shit he is a black man and it means nothing to him. Then he says something about obama I can't make out.
here's what I heard.

nigga low....sta spangled banna goin on right now I own even sebrate at shit.
uh im black got dam natnal athem got dam obama aw at shit.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 12:27 PM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad
here's what I heard.

nigga low....sta spangled banna goin on right now I own even sebrate at shit.
uh im black got dam natnal athem got dam obama aw at shit.

LMAO

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
you cant get rid of cuban.
obviously... you know what i ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
obviously... you know what i ment
i see the sarcasm, i was just being an ass.

TO's game play has gone up and comments have gone down.
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Retired Gun

Fuck him.....
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

If you guys feel this strongly about it you need to do something about it, even if it is just sending an e-mail.

[email protected]
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Pushed to the limit

I don't give a shit about his politics. I just want him to stop disappointing me in the playoffs.

Buying dogs kills.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 11:05 PM
CJ

Wow, I got a reply back from Mark Cuban within a few minutes
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 PM
CJ

actually I'm surprised we have a pretty decent dialog going back and forth, I asked for permission to post it up here, big ass disclaimer on all his e-mails about them being privileged private information.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 07:01 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
actually I'm surprised we have a pretty decent dialog going back and forth, I asked for permission to post it up here, big ass disclaimer on all his e-mails about them being privileged private information.
pics or it didn't happen

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:

post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 01:02 PM
CJ

Well, I'm not getting any reply back whether I can post it or not, I'll wait until this evening, might only check his mail when he's at home or something.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
GE
Lifer

Quote:
Well, I'm not getting any reply back whether I can post it or not, I'll wait until this evening, might only check his mail when he's at home or something.
Why not post it? He posts anything fans send in to him? Then again, with his privacy/privilege disclaimer, I'm sure that's a big CYA move on his part.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 12:01 PM
CJ

C.J. Shull
to mark.cuban

show details Sep 18 (2 days ago)

Let the team know that the fans don't want to see this guy on the team anymore. What this "man" said is disgusting, and it's the 4th time I've heard this ridiculous uneducated rhetoric from him. I can't even watch the Mavericks anymore knowing I'm supporting these kind of morons. And the last thing I want to see is some fake apology, or you trying to cover his butt.

Regards,
C.J.

--------------------------------
Mark Cuban
to me

what were the other 3 times ? What did he say ?

thanks,

M
HDNet, The reason HDTV was invented ! www.hd.net

www.hdnetfights.com
www.hdnetmovies.com
www.filesanywhere.com
www.magpictures.com
www.icerocket.com

C.J. Shull
to Mark

Well, off the top of my head in April just before the New Orleans game he admitted he used pot during the off-season - and that "everyone knows all the NBA players smoke pot" - that's not exactly a great role model for the kids. Another instance would be defending some racing violation he had, I remembering hearing it on the radio a while back. Mark, I'm a big Mavericks fan, especially since the last few seasons. But honestly, I don't read the paper and comb the stations for news - I don't consider myself to be completely involved with all the athletes, but I got a bad taste in my mouth over Josh a few years ago, and with the drug comment I really got a bad taste in my mouth over him. I think the kids need a good role model - and I just hate how I'm seeing successful athletes be so disappointing. But, with the last comment, what am I suppose to think of this guy? Who in their right mind says things like that - that is insulting to me and my country on an entirely different level. Your team is a business.. and your clients are the fans. And as a fan, I just can't sit in my seat and support people I despise - I know good and well when I take my seat I'm going to be upset that my tickets are paying that mans salary. I go to Mavs games to relieve stress from my career and just have a good time - and I know I won't be able to do that now, so I'm having to rethink my tickets for now. I appreciate all your hard work on the team, and thanks for the reply - too often I feel like sending an e-mail is futile.

Regards,
C.J.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:19 AM, C.J. Shull wrote:

Well, off the top of my head in April just before the New Orleans game he admitted he used pot during the off-season - and that "everyone knows all the NBA players smoke pot" - that's not exactly a great role model for the kids.

our current president has said he has used pot. Its not a good thing, i dont like it, but it doesnt make him a bad person. He thought being honest about it was the right thing. He obviously was misguided.

Another instance would be defending some racing violation he had,

no. he got a speeding ticket that got reported as a racing event. It wasnt. It was just a speeding ticket.

I remembering hearing it on the radio a while back. Mark, I'm a big Mavericks fan, especially since the last few seasons. But honestly, I don't read the paper and comb the stations for news - I don't consider myself to be completely involved with all the athletes, but I got a bad taste in my mouth over Josh a few years ago, and with the drug comment I really got a bad taste in my mouth over him. I think the kids need a good role model - and I just hate how I'm seeing successful athletes be so disappointing. But, with the last comment, what am I suppose to think of this guy?

Josh's comment was stupid and he knows it. He wasnt being literal, he was being stupid . It got caught on tape.

He is not unpatriotic. He has put his hand on his heart during the Anthem every single game since he came to the team.

I can promise you, the work he has done with underprivileged kids is voluminous. He doesnt just make appearances, he spends a ton of time with the kids.

thanks for being a Mavs fan. Josh really is a good kid, just more naive than he should be

m

I understand your point of view, what he says has no affect on how he plays the game. The gamble is how does what he says effect your fans opinion of your product. I agree with you about the drug use, and apparently the media got a hold of him on the speeding ticket. I think we can both agree that the comment on the drugs was poor judgement, and it is Josh's obligation as a celebrity to make sure he thinks about what he says because people are listening. However, when you insult the country so blatantly, and then throw in some racial remarks I have to use my better judgment in this world and speculate that if he really did mean what he said, he would completely deny it to save his career. I don't think anyone in their right mind that honestly made a comment like that would stand by it. You obviously know more about him than I ever will, but there is absolutely no way I or anyone I know would ever even jokingly make such a comment. I sent you this e-mail not expecting you to reply simply because I feel this kind of thing is better than I am, I simply cannot honestly endorse any player that makes a comment like that no matter what the circumstances are. Your fans opinions of your team and your players are really all that matters, I think they want to be proud of their city, and their players - and I just can't be proud of any organization that allows a player to make such outrageous comments - if my business was entertainment, and one of my subordinates insulted my target client's mother he would be out the door before HR found his file. I respect your private relationship with him, and like I said I'm sure you know him better than me, but I just couldn't defend even one of my best friends from a comment like that.
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:

I understand your point of view, what he says has no affect on how he plays the game. The gamble is how does what he says effect your fans opinion of your product. I agree with you about the drug use, and apparently the media got a hold of him on the speeding ticket. I think we can both agree that the comment on the drugs was poor judgement, and it is Josh's obligation as a celebrity to make sure he thinks about what he says because people are listening. However, when you insult the country so blatantly, and then throw in some racial remarks I have to use my better judgment in this world and speculate that if he really did mean what he said, he would completely deny it to save his career. I don't think anyone in their right mind that honestly made a comment like that would stand by it. You obviously know more about him than I ever will, but there is absolutely no way I or anyone I know would ever even jokingly make such a comment. I sent you this e-mail not expecting you to reply simply because I feel this kind of thing is better than I am, I simply cannot honestly endorse any player that makes a comment like that no matter what the circumstances are. Your fans opinions of your team and your players are really all that matters, I think they want to be proud of their city, and their players - and I just can't be proud of any organization that allows a player to make such outrageous comments - if my business was entertainment, and one of my subordinates insulted my target client's mother he would be out the door before HR found his file. I respect your private relationship with him, and like I said I'm sure you know him better than me, but I just couldn't defend even one of my best friends from a comment like that.
Awesome.....good shit.
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 09:20 PM
In the Batter's Box

too bad they didnt use him in the Kidd trade instead of Harris......I still cant beleive they got rid of Harris.....mavs just keep on going downhill...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement