The Chargers got boned yesterday...twice. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

The Chargers got boned yesterday...twice.

There were two huge officiating errors that both led to Denver touchdowns.

I live in Denver and even I know that the Broncos should not have won that game yesterday. You guys should have seen Jay Cutler in the interviews. They asked him about that fumble that was blown dead prematurely and he answered a totally different question.

I feel bad for the Bolts. Hopefully they can get over this.

Buying dogs kills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
There were two huge officiating errors that both led to Denver touchdowns.

I live in Denver and even I know that the Broncos should not have won that game yesterday. You guys should have seen Jay Cutler in the interviews. They asked him about that fumble that was blown dead prematurely and he answered a totally different question.

I feel bad for the Bolts. Hopefully they can get over this.

I agree.... I don't care too much for sd or denver, but that was clearly a fumble by jay cutler.....

His arm wasn't even close to going forward for a pass......The ball came out as his arm was going backward.....

TFS heads
TFS cam
Parker intake
Holley carb

It's a 302 btw
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL_SLOW_RIDING_COUPE
I agree.... I don't care too much for sd or denver, but that was clearly a fumble by jay cutler.....

His arm wasn't even close to going forward for a pass......The ball came out as his arm was going backward.....
I think the one early in the game when the Charger WR "fumbled" and instant replay capability was "unavailable" pissed me off even more. Somehow network TV was able to come up with the replays and the guys in the booth couldn't.

I started looking for Don King in the stands.

Buying dogs kills.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Very Interesting

although they were seemingly bad calls. the fumble no doubt...

but the other was called a simultaneous catch, and there is no review for that.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
although they were seemingly bad calls. the fumble no doubt...

but the other was called a simultaneous catch, and there is no review for that.
I always heard that a simultaneous catch goes to the offense. Even if it was one of those, the ball was stripped away by Champ after the receiver hit the ground.

Buying dogs kills.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Very Interesting

i agree, but like i said the call was "simultaneous catch" and Bailey came up with it.

I don't agree with the call either. But they said it wasn't a reviewable play, even if the equipment was working, as it wasn't ruled a fumble.

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Very Interesting

here's a description of another incident...

Jerry, in yesterday's Cardinals-Seahawks game, a controversial play occurred when receiver Larry Fitzgerald and linebacker Julian Peterson each grabbed a pass at the same time. When Fitzgerald's knee hit the ground, both players appeared to have possession of the ball. Peterson wrestled the ball away from Fitzgerald about a second later and possession was awarded to the Seahawks. Does the rulebook say that in this situation, a tie goes to the receiver, or is this strictly an official's judgment as to who gets possession? --Dan Agnell, Sumerduck, Va.

I'd like to quote the rule for you regarding "Simultaneous Catch." "If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opposing players who both retain possession, the ball belongs to the passing team. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and retains control, regardless of subsequent joined control of an opponent. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball."

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
i agree, but like i said the call was "simultaneous catch" and Bailey came up with it.

I don't agree with the call either. But they said it wasn't a reviewable play, even if the equipment was working, as it wasn't ruled a fumble.
That totally blows.

Buying dogs kills.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 04:17 PM
T-MINUS

Hey man, you can't get pissed at amazing skill

Destiny comes in all shapes and sizes The Chargers should have never been in the game at the end, Denver D should have stepped it up and not caused me undue stress.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Custom Title

Who cares about the calls, Denver won! It was an awesome game, we sat in the 4th row, 10 yard line. The stadium was LOUD!

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 10:19 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang
Who cares about the calls, Denver won! It was an awesome game, we sat in the 4th row, 10 yard line. The stadium was LOUD!
Better than Dallas girls.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Custom Title

Even tho it should have been a fumble, Denver scored two times for the win. Sandy Eggo had 2 attempts to stop the offense, but didn't. Same exact play eve!

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 08:59 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Thank you kind sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 09:39 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
Thank you kind sir
I told Rob I wanted to go next year, buy a ticket and roll with me H. We'll DP some mountain hoes!

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I told Rob I wanted to go next year, buy a ticket and roll with me H. We'll DP some mountain hoes!
I'll be there for sure, can't miss the home opener!

if ya wanna see the opening ceremony with the B-52 Stealth Bomber fly over, check it out here. File is unedited, so it is 16 megs! That was really cool, usually they have F-16's fly over!

http://www.yellowstang.com/rob/video/

http://www.yellowstang.com/rob/video/pix

has some pictures of the game

post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Lifer

I fucking hate the chargers and Philip Rivers can go choke on a cock. He acted like an ass last year at Denver so fuck him and the horse he rode in on. If it were to be a chargers/cowboys superbowl I might not even watch....
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33
I fucking hate the chargers and Philip Rivers can go choke on a cock. He acted like an ass last year at Denver so fuck him and the horse he rode in on. If it were to be a chargers/cowboys superbowl I might not even watch....
Wow Jason! I didn't know you had it in you

post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 AM
T-MINUS

Nice tits on the redhead in 58.

Dammit, I really want to move back up there

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Even tho it should have been a fumble, Denver scored two times for the win. Sandy Eggo had 2 attempts to stop the offense, but didn't. Same exact play eve!
Mike Shanahan told the press this. I guess he is having trouble sleeping. If the right call is made, Denver doesn't get the chance to score at all. He was trying to take credit for an opportunity that was given to him by a bad call.

Buying dogs kills.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
Mike Shanahan told the press this. I guess he is having trouble sleeping. If the right call is made, Denver doesn't get the chance to score at all. He was trying to take credit for an opportunity that was given to him by a bad call.
Ya never know what can happen in a game. Sandy Eggo could have fumbled too, or thrown an int., or gone on to win. Bad calls go both ways, and a lot of calls go un-noticed. I'm just glad Denver was on the good end of that call!

Hell, 2 years ago against this same team, Denver ran a punt back for a TD, but one of the players on the bench stepped on the white line so the ref threw a flag for too many men on the field. Hell, the players were ALL way past him, he was moving out to watch the dude run it into the endzone, and they call a penalty. He had no impact on the play at all.
Same thing, bad call...

post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:34 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

#57 is screaming "CUM IN MY MOUTH BABE!"

Quote:
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
I agree with that!

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Custom Title

Quote:

She was looking at me a lot during the game.

No, wait, I was looking at her a lot during the game.

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 01:16 PM
T-MINUS

I already thought you were cool because you went to the game. But getting eye-fucked by DB cheerleaders makes you my hero!

post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
I already thought you were cool because you went to the game. But getting eye-fucked by DB cheerleaders makes you my hero!

Denver has lost 1 game that I was at (including even when I lived in Colorado) , and that was to the Steelers in the AFC Championship game. 4 home openers in a row!

Can't wait till next year. Make plans, you are going!

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Denver has lost 1 game that I was at (including even when I lived in Colorado) , and that was to the Steelers in the AFC Championship game. 4 home openers in a row!

Can't wait till next year. Make plans, you are going!
Rob, let me know too.
My mom and sister just moved to Denver.

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Rob, let me know too.
Did someone say 'Road Trip'

Quote:
Quote:
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 02:01 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Rob, let me know too.
Pics?

Rob, I already told you that I'm in! I need to go.

post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Custom Title

Hell yeah Matt, Marty, Sean, H' and my little crew, we'll have a great time!

post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 02:06 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Hell yeah Matt, Marty, Sean, H' and my little crew, we'll have a great time!
There is enough mouth and humor in that group that cheerleader ass should jump on us.

post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 02:25 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
There is enough mouth and humor in that group that cheerleader ass should jump on us.
Damn, the state of Colorado will never be the same, we'll leave that motherfucker low on alcohol, mad husbands/boyfriends and dripping with semen

Quote:
Quote:
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
Damn, the state of Colorado will never be the same, we'll leave that motherfucker low on alcohol, mad husbands/boyfriends and dripping with semen
Start saving your pennies now, front row seats are not cheap, especially if they do good this year. My friend paid a little over $1100 for the 3 he bought on stubhub, with all the damn fees and shit. I say row one or bust!

Or South Endzone, that is where the party animals group!

post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Lyn
Lifer

In for next year, heck even another game this year. Just say when.
Lyn
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Start saving your pennies now, front row seats are not cheap, especially if they do good this year. My friend paid a little over $1100 for the 3 he bought on stubhub, with all the damn fees and shit. I say row one or bust!

Or South Endzone, that is where the party animals group!
Where ever we can be with our people Rob. I'm already saving!

If the words "When is Lyn going to be here with bail?" aren't uttered, it was a failure!

post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Custom Title

If anyone did not see the B-2 flyover, I have shrunk it down with Windows Movie Maker, 6 megs now

http://www.yellowstang.com/rob/video/stealth.wmv

Talk about sneaking up on someone, that fucker is QUIET!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement