Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
AKA Kimbo

First !!!!!! Lesnar FTW
post #3 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 03:58 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
All I will say is I absolutely HATE Lesnar and knowing he's in the UFC makes me sick.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....

post #4 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
All I will say is I absolutely HATE Lesnar and knowing he's in the UFC makes me sick.
Why such a hater?

Lesnar is actually one of the only UFC fighters I enjoy watching anymore. He seems to be working very hard to get to the top.
post #5 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Time Served

i give him his props he is trying but i dont think he deserves a shot even though he is a freak and has a decent chance at winning!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #6 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
Why such a hater?

Lesnar is actually one of the only UFC fighters I enjoy watching anymore. He seems to be working very hard to get to the top.

He's a rookie getting a title shot for one. Evans is 17-0 and hasn't had one. UFC is just using his name to sell PPV's and put butts in the seats.

From a technical stand point, he's horrible. Yes, he was a successful college wrestler but that doesn't make him a fighter worthy of the UFC level. He bum rushes and then hammer fists like a girl.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #7 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Lifer

For JKD's comment, I don't give a shit how the guy fights as long as it's not illegal in the rules. If you can't defend, then you lose, that's the name of the game. I'm hoping for Couture to win, just because I like the guy.
post #8 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
He's a rookie getting a title shot for one. Evans is 17-0 and hasn't had one. UFC is just using his name to sell PPV's and put butts in the seats.

From a technical stand point, he's horrible. Yes, he was a successful college wrestler but that doesn't make him a fighter worthy of the UFC level. He bum rushes and then hammer fists like a girl.
Meh...I guess everyone has their own opinions.

Mine: This is for entertainment purposes and revenue. I truley believe Lesnar is giving it his best. I also know that Dana White wants to make money. If he's man enough to get in there and risk an ass beating, then he still deserves a bit of respect.

Personally I don't like the way the UFC is run as much as I want to.
post #9 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Meh...I guess everyone has their own opinions.

Mine: This is for entertainment purposes and revenue. I truley believe Lesnar is giving it his best. I also know that Dana White wants to make money. If he's man enough to get in there and risk an ass beating, then he still deserves a bit of respect.

Personally I don't like the way the UFC is run as much as I want to.
You're also not a fighter, so you have no idea what kind of dedication and YEARS of work guys have put in to get to the top. Then Brock comes in fresh out of the WWE and is walked straight to the top in his 3rd pro fight.

Is he a great athlete? Absolutely. Is he a great wrestler? Yes. Did he dominate Herring? Sure. Can he finish a fight? Not so far. Does he deserve a tital shot? Not a chance.

It's a win/win for Dana. Randy wins? FIGHT OF THE CENTURY, Lesnar wins and he is legitimized in the sport (as far as Joe Schmoe fan is concerned)

post #10 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:23 PM
T-MINUS

I think Randy will surprise the shit out of Lesner and hope he does.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #11 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:26 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Randy by shear expericance in the octagon. I don't believe Cock Lesner should be getting a title shot so soon, he needs to work his way up, but like Adam said it looks as though Dana White is selling out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #12 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
Randy by shear expericance in the octagon. I don't believe Cock Lesner should be getting a title shot so soon, he needs to work his way up, but like Adam said it looks as though Dana White is selling out.
you call it selling out, i call it business. really if no one buys the ppv and there are no asses in the seats no one gets paid.

i do think lesnar should have to work his way up but in the end its all just business

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #13 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
You're also not a fighter, so you have no idea what kind of dedication and YEARS of work guys have put in to get to the top. Then Brock comes in fresh out of the WWE and is walked straight to the top in his 3rd pro fight.

Is he a great athlete? Absolutely. Is he a great wrestler? Yes. Did he dominate Herring? Sure. Can he finish a fight? Not so far. Does he deserve a tital shot? Not a chance.

It's a win/win for Dana. Randy wins? FIGHT OF THE CENTURY, Lesnar wins and he is legitimized in the sport (as far as Joe Schmoe fan is concerned)
Yes, I know these things. I also know the value of entertainment. Dana isn't giving people title shots for charity or hard work here.

You're right I'm not a fighter, But have trained a little with fighter friends who are completely dedicated. That's why I'm not a fighter...I love the sport, But the truely dedicated guys I know drink maybe 3 times a year, train all the time, are always beat up, and have a diet 99.9% of people couldn't go with. I don't want that lifestyle.

I'm sure there are thousands of people out there that train just as hard as alot of UFC guys, but at the end of the day, the most important details are Revenue...Stage Presence...recruiting interest for the sport. Think of how many WWE fans are now more into UFC than ever.

What you're neglecting is the fact that Lesnar has put just as much dedication and time into being the athlete he is. He's not some scrub off the streets that hasn't paid his dues...he's just coming into a different sport.
post #14 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yes, I know these things. I also know the value of entertainment. Dana isn't giving people title shots for charity or hard work here.

You're right I'm not a fighter, But have trained a little with fighter friends who are completely dedicated. That's why I'm not a fighter...I love the sport, But the truely dedicated guys I know drink maybe 3 times a year, train all the time, are always beat up, and have a diet 99.9% of people couldn't go with. I don't want that lifestyle.

I'm sure there are thousands of people out there that train just as hard as alot of UFC guys, but at the end of the day, the most important details are Revenue...Stage Presence...recruiting interest for the sport. Think of how many WWE fans are now more into UFC than ever.

What you're neglecting is the fact that Lesnar has put just as much dedication and time into being the athlete he is. He's not some scrub off the streets that hasn't paid his dues...he's just coming into a different sport.
So should we give Michael Phelps a shot at the lightweight belt after 3 fights just because he's an accomplished athlete? Brock Lesnar has also undoubtedly ingested more steroids/HGH than the entire rest of the heavyweight roster. LOL

post #15 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Baller

Quote:
So should we give Michael Phelps a shot at the lightweight belt after 3 fights just because he's an accomplished athlete? Brock Lesnar has also undoubtedly ingested more steroids/HGH than the entire rest of the heavyweight roster. LOL
Wrestling and fighting are similar. Everyone also loves to say that a wrestler couldn't hold his own.

But bringing Michael phelps into this is just stupid.

I'm saying this is a business, and if I were in the same position, I wouldn't dare pass up such a chance at all of this revenue and neither would you. I could care less who people think "deserves" the chance.
post #16 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Wrestling and fighting are similar. Everyone also loves to say that a wrestler couldn't hold his own.

But bringing Michael phelps into this is just stupid.

I'm saying this is a business, and if I were in the same position, I wouldn't dare pass up such a chance at all of this revenue and neither would you. I could care less who people think "deserves" the chance.

My point was that I'm not neglecting Lesnar's dedication, I'm simply saying that the term Paying your dues comes from somewhere. When he tried to go to the NFL they didn't put him on the starting lineup just because he was an accomplished athlete, did they? Bringing Michael Phelps into this was directed towards your mention of dedication and

Actually, I would not give him a title shot after 3 fights. He hasn't even fought Nogueira, the interrim champion. He is 1 and 1 against good fighters. That doesn't scream title shot to me.

Nobody thinks that a wrestler can't win. If you're a wrestler who expects to be able to win, you better know some jiu jitsu defense, how to throw a punch and hopefully how to take a punch at a minimum, however some wrestling knowledge is part of MMA 101, and since you're a fan, I would have expected you to know that.

post #17 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 05:27 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
My point was that I'm not neglecting Lesnar's dedication, I'm simply saying that the term Paying your dues comes from somewhere. When he tried to go to the NFL they didn't put him on the starting lineup just because he was an accomplished athlete, did they? Bringing Michael Phelps into this was directed towards your mention of dedication and

Actually, I would not give him a title shot after 3 fights. He hasn't even fought Nogueira, the interrim champion. He is 1 and 1 against good fighters. That doesn't scream title shot to me.

Nobody thinks that a wrestler can't win. If you're a wrestler who expects to be able to win, you better know some jiu jitsu defense, how to throw a punch and hopefully how to take a punch at a minimum, however some wrestling knowledge is part of MMA 101, and since you're a fan, I would have expected you to know that.

Exactly.

I apologoze for not being able to argue my point effectively. It's hard to think clearly with a screaming baby in the house. Still getting used to it. lol

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #18 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 05:36 PM
woof!

Quote:

Adam,

Mr. Future UFC fighter......STFU!!!
post #19 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Playa from tha Himalayas

With a 2-1 record he doesn't need to be in a title fight. I hope Randy embarrases his ass and sends him back to WWE.

post #20 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas99GT
With a 2-1 record he doesn't need to be in a title fight. I hope Randy embarrases his ass and sends him back to WWE.
Actually, I think he has a lot of promise. He's extremely athletic and is an absolute beast of a man. With some time, he'll be a good fighter, but until then we're going to see a lot of him getting a take down, and trying to maintain control. It's a lame way to win fights, but it will still win fights until he tries it with another good/great BJJ guy.

post #21 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas99GT

I bet you're still going to watch the fight, right? That's what Dana is doing, give you something to watch. If he wins, he will truly bring in more viewers. Lesner wins, whats next......Bigger fights.....More money for Dana.
post #22 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Oooooooh-whee

What a fucking joke. All the UFC needs is to add a couple of W's to their name. It was fun while it lasted. Lesnar doesn't deserve to bleach mats in a McDojo, let alone fight Randy.

8/16/05
post #23 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 05:57 PM
iHustle

I was surprised he was getting a title shot so soon. Just reminds me of the early UFC, when it was just a free for all of all different styles of fighting, when anyone could win.

Chris
93Z
post #24 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
What a fucking joke. All the UFC needs is to add a couple of W's to their name. It was fun while it lasted. Lesnar doesn't deserve to bleach mats in a McDojo, let alone fight Randy.

That's fucked up Jimmy, He did MAUL Heath Herring, who has fought the best fighters in the world. Now if he could learn to finish a fight...

post #25 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Very Interesting

the shitty thing is Dana went out there and basically clowned every other organization, talked about Kimbo and the way they were using his "internet success" as a marketing ploy to put butts in seats. He said he'd never do that, UFC only put on quality fights, and Brock will have to work his way through, not getting anything for free, blah blah...

Then when his numbers are struggling, and realizes that using Kimbo was a good idea for sales. Boo LESNAR in a title match.... against who? Randy

Dana White is a weasel of a guy.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #26 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
That's fucked up Jimmy, He did MAUL Heath Herring, who has fought the best fighters in the world. Now if he could learn to finish a fight...
Herring was hand picked for Lesnar, knowing damn well Herring has never done good against strong wrestlers.

post #27 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
Herring was hand picked for Lesnar, knowing damn well Herring has never done good against strong wrestlers.
Of course! He has to have ONE legitimate win under his belt before his title shot.

post #28 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Quote:
the shitty thing is Dana went out there and basically clowned every other organization, talked about Kimbo and the way they were using his "internet success" as a marketing ploy to put butts in seats. He said he'd never do that, UFC only put on quality fights, and Brock will have to work his way through, not getting anything for free, blah blah...

Then when his numbers are struggling, and realizes that using Kimbo was a good idea for sales. Boo LESNAR in a title match.... against who? Randy

Dana White is a weasel of a guy.
funny thing is, I would bet the farm on Kembo in a fight against Lesnor
post #29 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 07:48 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo

That's because Kimbo would be the only one throwing punches in the octagon. All Lesnar can do is sprint across the ring to football tackle him then pound on him like a girl scout.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #30 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That's because Kimbo would be the only one throwing punches in the octagon. All Lesnar can do is sprint across the ring to football tackle him then pound on him like a girl scout.
Lesnar would beat Kimbo at this point, IMO.

post #31 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Dana White is a rich motherfucker that wants more.
Fixed.

I miss the old days of UFC when they had all night fights and guys that were beat to fuck and broken were pounding on each other for $1500. Now that takes a lot of heart.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #32 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.

Honestly, I'm glad they have worked so hard to build up Lesnar, because I hope Randy out smarts him and pounds his ass. It will look great for Randy coming back from such a large break and whoopin the latest and greatest. However, if Randy loses, it will be very disappointing, and really humiliating.

What puzzles me the most about this card though is if Dana is really serious about being able to finalize with Fedor for a fight against Randy, why would he risk him against a relative newcomer? Just how less interesting will the Randy/Fedor fight be if it a) isn't a title shot and b) randy just comes off a loss from a guy in his 3rd fight.
post #33 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo
Then you're an idiot.... Kimbo would have nothing against Lesnar's takedowns and lay on top offense

post #34 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Fixed.

I miss the old days of UFC when they had all night fights and guys that were beat to fuck and broken were pounding on each other for $1500. Now that takes a lot of heart.
although it took a lot of heart, it was nothing more than piss poor bar fighting.

The matchups were shit, the entire concept was crap.

I think the sport has come leaps and bound, in a good way, from that original UFC crap.

Competition is a good thing, more exposure is a good thing, Dana just wants be the only option so he can manipulate fighter pay.

post #35 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
Honestly, I'm glad they have worked so hard to build up Lesnar, because I hope Randy out smarts him and pounds his ass. It will look great for Randy coming back from such a large break and whoopin the latest and greatest. However, if Randy loses, it will be very disappointing, and really humiliating.

What puzzles me the most about this card though is if Dana is really serious about being able to finalize with Fedor for a fight against Randy, why would he risk him against a relative newcomer? Just how less interesting will the Randy/Fedor fight be if it a) isn't a title shot and b) randy just comes off a loss from a guy in his 3rd fight.
Dana is not getting Fedor, unless the UFC gives up half of their profits for the fight, end of story. Fedor won't sign the exclusive deal UFC requires. And M-1 won't let him fight UFC unless they co-promote the fight.

Randy will fight Lesnar, and then the winner fights the winner of Nog and Mir to unify the title. The assumption is that Randy wins this fight, then fights the fight against Mir/Nog, and a final "retirement" fight. Which is suspected to be Chuck. Unless UFC gives up A LOT, there's no way M-1 or Fedor will sign anything.

I'm assuming a January fight of Nog/Mir vs Randy for January to compete with the Affliction card, then a final fight around March for Randy.

If Affliction is still going, which I hope they are, we'll see Randy Fedor Summer of next year.

post #36 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 01:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Then you're an idiot.... Kimbo would have nothing against Lesnar's takedowns and lay on top offense
I have to agree with you there, kimbo's only chance would be to try and pull a lidell and hope brock runs into one of his fists. Brock is bigger, stronger, faster, and has superb wrestling ability ( he just lacks that natural ability to strike effectively ) all kimbo has is a chin that hasnt really been tested and some powerful tomorrow punches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb
Steve is gonna have to break my arm or choke me unconcious. I Won't be tapping in this fight. I am kicking myself for tapping the last fight.
Photobucket
post #37 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Dana is not getting Fedor, unless the UFC gives up half of their profits for the fight, end of story. Fedor won't sign the exclusive deal UFC requires. And M-1 won't let him fight UFC unless they co-promote the fight.

Randy will fight Lesnar, and then the winner fights the winner of Nog and Mir to unify the title. The assumption is that Randy wins this fight, then fights the fight against Mir/Nog, and a final "retirement" fight. Which is suspected to be Chuck. Unless UFC gives up A LOT, there's no way M-1 or Fedor will sign anything.

I'm assuming a January fight of Nog/Mir vs Randy for January to compete with the Affliction card, then a final fight around March for Randy.

If Affliction is still going, which I hope they are, we'll see Randy Fedor Summer of next year.
Right, there is also the Affliction avenue, it was pretty much on my mind when I was writing that but I didn't mention it. I think the fight is going to happen, regardless of the venue, I don't like the idea of putting him up against Lesnar, just doesn't seem like a good idea.
post #38 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 02:14 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtysevenfastback
I have to agree with you there, kimbo's only chance would be to try and pull a lidell and hope brock runs into one of his fists. Brock is bigger, stronger, faster, and has superb wrestling ability ( he just lacks that natural ability to strike effectively ) all kimbo has is a chin that hasnt really been tested and some powerful tomorrow punches.

Just because fighter A is bigger ,stronger and faster then fighter B does not mean it negates fighter B's attributes. Fighter A still makes mistakes, feels pain and has to deal with all the same issues as any other fighter.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #39 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:

That's not saying much. Herring is overrated and a far cry from the fighter he was in Pride. I don't care if Lesnar can cure cancer by firing lightning bolts from his asshole, I'll never have any respect for him. I'd bet a lot of fighters feel the same way.

8/16/05
post #40 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

I wouldn't want to fight him, but as far as MMA guys go. The guy has no skill. Just a big strong MF'er. Randy should have fun with him.
post #41 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
I wouldn't want to fight him, but as far as MMA guys go. The guy has no skill. Just a big strong MF'er. Randy should have fun with him.
So being a great wrestler does not constitute "skill" in an MMA environment? REALLY? Tell Randleman, Hughes, etc, to pack up and go home.

Jimmy, Did you see Herring in that fight? He looked good, but Brock just manhandled him. The mother fucker has heart, I'll give him that.

Just because he's a roided up freak of nature who if only by the grace of God can get under 265 long enough to step on a scale, doesn't mean he isn't also great wrestler who deserves a fair chance at making himself as a fighter. Unfortunately, his career is being served on a nice silver platter to him.

post #42 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 02:06 PM
lol, this place sucks now

Bottom line, just about everyone on this thread will watch it, title fight or not.

I look like Dana White and I approve this message.

DFW Mustangs dot net
post #43 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
So being a great wrestler does not constitute "skill" in an MMA environment? REALLY? Tell Randleman, Hughes, etc, to pack up and go home.

Jimmy, Did you see Herring in that fight? He looked good, but Brock just manhandled him. The mother fucker has heart, I'll give him that.

Just because he's a roided up freak of nature who if only by the grace of God can get under 265 long enough to step on a scale, doesn't mean he isn't also great wrestler who deserves a fair chance at making himself as a fighter. Unfortunately, his career is being served on a nice silver platter to him.
How many times has Lesnar tried to wrestle in the cage? I've seen two fights and I count zero. Actually, the one time he could've gone to the ground I think it was Mier who got an ankle lock on him and it took a good 1/2 second for Lesnar to tap out. His second fight, he showed a little more striking skill but hell, he ha 30+ lbs on the guy he was fighting so yeah, he just ran in swinging. On the ground, he pretty much sat down on the guy and like someone said before, proceeded to hammer fist.

Hopefully with Couture, we'll see some wrestling, but I doubt it. BTW, did anyone else notice how flabby Lesnar is getting now that he's off the juice?
post #44 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
How many times has Lesnar tried to wrestle in the cage? I've seen two fights and I count zero. Actually, the one time he could've gone to the ground I think it was Mier who got an ankle lock on him and it took a good 1/2 second for Lesnar to tap out. His second fight, he showed a little more striking skill but hell, he ha 30+ lbs on the guy he was fighting so yeah, he just ran in swinging. On the ground, he pretty much sat down on the guy and like someone said before, proceeded to hammer fist.

Hopefully with Couture, we'll see some wrestling, but I doubt it. BTW, did anyone else notice how flabby Lesnar is getting now that he's off the juice?
That level of ground control is wrestling, dipstick. It's not as easy as you might think to sit on a trained individual who wants out from under you, even if you have 30lbs on him. Herring is pretty fucking good at getting out from under people, and Brock pretty much plastered his ass to the mat.

He's not really flabby, but he has no reason to be 330lbs @ 5% anymore since he's not a wrestler. lol

post #45 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
That level of ground control is wrestling, dipstick. It's not as easy as you might think to sit on a trained individual who wants out from under you, even if you have 30lbs on him. Herring is pretty fucking good at getting out from under people, and Brock pretty much plastered his ass to the mat.

He's not really flabby, but he has no reason to be 330lbs @ 5% anymore since he's not a wrestler. lol
Didn't look like much ground control to me. After that first punch to the face I thought the fight was gonna be over, and probably should've been.

On the flabby note, I was just saying. Crazy how fast that muscle tone goes down once you stop taking the roids. When I saw his first fight I was like Jesus Christ, this is a two legged bull with fists.
post #46 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Didn't look like much ground control to me. After that first punch to the face I thought the fight was gonna be over, and probably should've been.

On the flabby note, I was just saying. Crazy how fast that muscle tone goes down once you stop taking the roids. When I saw his first fight I was like Jesus Christ, this is a two legged bull with fists.
Roids are one thing, but Lesnar also isn't spending 4-5 hours a day lifting weights like he was when he was a pro wrestler. Although I'm sure he's still lifting, he's concentrating more on training to fight. Strength isn't a major concern of his, as much as getting more experience in stand up, as well as ground offense and defense.

post #47 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 02:51 AM
\(_o)/

Roids? No, this guy has 10 times more knowledge than GotBoost (which should say something since Aarons a freak too ) when it comes to diets and working muscle groups. He's been busted for 'roids' before, only to be released and all charges dropped because the 'roids' were found to be vitamins. The guys naturally big and knows exactly what to ingest to make himself 'pro wrestler' physique and what to eat to become a low bf high stamina freak. Man, people are so quick to throw the roid card when they have such low understanding of what a balanced diet and knowing your bodies reaction from years of muscle building can do.

and lol at flabby? are you serious...

post #48 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 03:29 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

I agree with the last two, but I am a Couture fan and I would like to see this happen. I would also would like to see Rich Franklin fight Brandon Vera. Go Couture!!
post #49 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
CJ

I would just hate to see a quick KO by Lesnar against Couture, man that would be disappointing.
post #50 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Roids are one thing, but Lesnar also isn't spending 4-5 hours a day lifting weights like he was when he was a pro wrestler. Although I'm sure he's still lifting, he's concentrating more on training to fight. Strength isn't a major concern of his, as much as getting more experience in stand up, as well as ground offense and defense.

are you [email protected]$king kidding?????

hope your not serious!!

being informed on all that is great and will take your body to a whole nother world but come on man think about what your saying!

"LESNAR NEVER TOOK STERIODS"?????????

bwwwhahahahahhahahahha ooo hahahahahhahah

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement