Pee Wee Football, - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
"Bowtie Fox....priceless"

Pee Wee Football,

Does anyone on here coach it or have kids that play it ??

Is it ok for kids 9-11 years old to yelled at, humiliated and even at times a curse word will be used during pratice.

It seems that these coaching have no regard for actually wanting to teach kids about being a good sport, it's a win at all COSTS sport for kids.

Please, any thoughts on this would really get me to understand it better.

I could really careless about sports, but my son bugged me for the past year to play football.

I think adults are destroying youth sports.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

they are. more fights break out at pee wee sports than most like to believe

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Resident Epicurean

Yep, it is.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 PM
T-MINUS

Did you ever play football? I had a coach that called me a 'Red-headed nigger' all the damn time, know how I responded? I listened to what he'd say and work my ass off to address it and the name calling went away.

Tell your kids to toughen up and you don't be such a pussy

Remember Varsity Blues - "Those boys are having the time of their life!"

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
"Bowtie Fox....priceless"

Ok sir, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Did you ever play football? I had a coach that called me a 'Red-headed nigger' all the damn time, know how I responded? I listened to what he'd say and work my ass off to address it and the name calling went away.

Tell your kids to toughen up and you don't be such a pussy

Remember Varsity Blues - "Those boys are having the time of their life!"
Advise taken..... just for you, my pussy is closed
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Lifer

My coaches weren't really abusive, except if you had a bone sticking out of your leg, then they'd call you a "pussy".

After years of managing and coaching little kids in soccer, I can tell you that the parents cause a lot more trouble than the coaches do. Nothing like a 300# mama yelling at her 8 year-old to "Run! Run! Goddamn you're slow!"
I finally arranged a soccer game between the kids and their parents. After about 4 of the parents puked up their guts, it did calm down a little, but it was still bad.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
yes, jluv

They have a place for kids of parents who think Pee Wee is too tough. It's called Optimist. Otherwise known as "you pay, you play". I played for the Arlington Blue Devils (West Texas Pee Wee League), and our coaches were gritty as fuck. They cussed, threw us around, made us do insane drills like bull in the ring, ran our asses off, ran our asses off some more, made fun of us if we sucked, taught us all kinds of ways to cheat, and showed up at practice half-drunk sometimes.

And you know what? We kicked serious ass. It was football taken VERY seriously. We had three teams (junior, intermediate, and senior) and each team had its own cheerleading squad and drill team. It was quite a badass organization back in the mid to late 80s while I was there, and probably was before then and may still be now; I don't know.

It's not for everyone, but if you want your kid to get serious about football, be a standout, and have a head start on the other kids in junior high and high school, a team like I described can help. The Blue Devils produced a lot of the guys who were great in high school.

But if it's just "for fun", and you and your kid aren't obsessed with football, put him in an Optimist league or just wait until he starts junior high. Most of the kids that weren't very serious about football either quit because our practices were so tough or they rode the bench anyway.

Man I miss that shit! The glory days, lol!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:29 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

It is football in Texas... get use to it.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Lifer

I'm a race director at the Kart track behind North Star Dragway. Kid Karts are the source of my biggest head pains, Dads yell wave, swear, everything. All the kids get 1st place ribbons no matter where they finish. More $$$$ are spent on a " non-race " class than I think about. I think it's dad living out his thing through the kid.
The kids however could care less. They play between themselves between racse and racing is usually forgoten untill dad gets them and say , Race time. No harm, no foul.

1/2 mile 9 turns 41.3 sec
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 07:16 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
They have a place for kids of parents who think Pee Wee is too tough. It's called Optimist. Otherwise known as "you pay, you play". I played for the Arlington Blue Devils (West Texas Pee Wee League), and our coaches were gritty as fuck. They cussed, threw us around, made us do insane drills like bull in the ring, ran our asses off, ran our asses off some more, made fun of us if we sucked, taught us all kinds of ways to cheat, and showed up at practice half-drunk sometimes.

And you know what? We kicked serious ass. It was football taken VERY seriously. We had three teams (junior, intermediate, and senior) and each team had its own cheerleading squad and drill team. It was quite a badass organization back in the mid to late 80s while I was there, and probably was before then and may still be now; I don't know.

It's not for everyone, but if you want your kid to get serious about football, be a standout, and have a head start on the other kids in junior high and high school, a team like I described can help. The Blue Devils produced a lot of the guys who were great in high school.

But if it's just "for fun", and you and your kid aren't obsessed with football, put him in an Optimist league or just wait until he starts junior high. Most of the kids that weren't very serious about football either quit because our practices were so tough or they rode the bench anyway.

Man I miss that shit! The glory days, lol!
Exactly! I hated it when I was going through it but made the decision to stick it out and wish I could go back in time and give it another 50%.

I need to find a team like that for my boy (I suppose I have a few years since he is only 3 weeks old).

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart21
I'm a race director at the Kart track behind North Star Dragway. Kid Karts are the source of my biggest head pains, Dads yell wave, swear, everything. All the kids get 1st place ribbons no matter where they finish. More $$$$ are spent on a " non-race " class than I think about. I think it's dad living out his thing through the kid.
The kids however could care less. They play between themselves between racse and racing is usually forgoten untill dad gets them and say , Race time. No harm, no foul.
GTFO of here with that first place ribbon for all the losers. That only serves to teach the kids that even when you lose, you win. Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way and even those of us that were taught that got taught some lessons when we made it to adulthood. Quit contributing to a greater generation of pussies! If they want first place then they need to get out there and fucking win! Sometimes you have to fight, claw, scratch and drag yourself to victory, but that is what makes it fulfilling. Dumbing down one kid's success by rewarding the losers if fucking weak You think the Chinese pull that shit? Hell no! They work so hard their eyes go squinty. Middle East? Nope, you lose and you're buried in a soccer field.

'Being nice' is going to be the dick that splits this countries asshole right up the middle. Winners win and losers lose, so fuck em!

/Sean Rockne

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 07:42 PM
LUCIFER

My best friend and his brother coach a pee wee team. His brother's son is pretty much the star on the team and man I know he gets an earful from his dad (also the head coach) LOL. I believe he's about 7-10yrs old, somewhere in there.
They tell me how they get on to the kids but try their best not to use foul language or hit them..LOL(they were kidding about that)
It really depends on the coaches, fathers of players etc...I know my buddies were both huge into playing ball back in highschool, etc and it carried over the years with them. To a certain extent it's acceptable, it might be just a game but it's also teaching them discipline, teamwork, and giving them something to go for rather than become gay or use crack

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 03:48 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostock1
Does anyone on here coach it or have kids that play it ??

Is it ok for kids 9-11 years old to yelled at, humiliated and even at times a curse word will be used during pratice.

It seems that these coaching have no regard for actually wanting to teach kids about being a good sport, it's a win at all COSTS sport for kids.

Please, any thoughts on this would really get me to understand it better.

I could really careless about sports, but my son bugged me for the past year to play football.

I think adults are destroying youth sports.
My boys are in second season. They played in Texas School of Football and KYA. The coaches were/are great. Yes, they got on to them but when have 16 or so boys dicking around it's hard to keep them in line. They were hard on them but they(kids) learned alot. We won alot of game because of it too. I don't see to much wrong with coaches geting on to them some what. There is no need curse at them. I wont put up with it. the coaches liked to when but when they didn't they didn't get mad. it all depends on the group you're in and what type of coach you have. I'm glad they're in it. It builds character, they make new friends, and they(at least mine do)enjoy it. Besides, you get to see alot of MILF's! That's always a good thing.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 AM
wishin i had a fast car

I have been youth sports for about 6 years now, and you have to be careful with some kids and parents. Now the kids I am coaching are in the 13-15 year old range and now you can be a little tougher on them. And I have found some of the parents that were really hard on them a few years ago have slacked off. So I am just guessing your son has a coach that is a hard ass and you dont like it? So like I have always told parents that might not like my coaching methods, that if they are so concerned to get their own team and try to do it themselves.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Baller

I hated my coaches for the longest time until I realized the discipline and knowledge they had beat into me that I can carry through all aspects of life.

On my peewee team, our coach would do a 10 second free fight to toughen us up. He cussed...ALOT. And picking on you is the only way to fully express what you need to work on

Parents ruin sports for kids by forcing it down their throats...and no that coach is not being too harsh.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Time Served

i coach 6-8yr olds. i yell and occasionally a cuss word does slip. its called discipline. without it you will never make it in football. most parents dont know what it is either, thus the problem with their kids getting yelled at. the parents are the worst!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement