Michael Pittman

[RB - DEN] SD

Eddie Royal

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 02:46 PM
NOT AFGHANISTAN ANYMORE!!

I would say definitely play Royal, other than that, it's kinda up to you. I don't know how well moss will do w/o Brady.

Dallas news reports Tony Romo tried to commit suicide last night!

Fortunately he dropped the gun and the bullet was intercepted!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown03_GT
I would say definitely play Royal, other than that, it's kinda up to you. I don't know how well moss will do w/o Brady.

I made a post, and it's gone?

I wouldn't start Royal. Brandon Marshall will be back next week. Royal won't get near the touches he did this week.

Only other viable option in my eyes, would be Jackson over Roy. However, being that Philly is playing Dallas, I wouldn't go that route.

I wouldn't start Cassel, either. I'd give Hasselback the start. He's playing SF for Christ's sake.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Lifer

QB
Start Cassel. Even without Tom Brady he will be a part of an offensive scheme that has thrown atleast 500 passes the past 6 seasons, not to mention Moss and Welker are still alive.

Matt Hasselback will be without his, going into the year, number 1, 2, and 3 receivers, (Nate Burleson, Bobby Engram, and Deion Branch). He also completed only 41% of his throws with an interception in week one, and they have no running game.

RB
Thomas Jones is coming off of an impressive week 1 start; 3 receptions, 22 carries for 101 yards and a touchdown. With Brett Favre opening up the NE defense he should have similar results.

Jamal Lewis was a game-time decision in week one, but he got 93% of the carries in which he averaged 4.7 yards per against the COWBOYS D. After the game he stated that he felt a little soreness at the beginning of the game but played through and felt fine at the end of the day. I'll bet he will see an increased workload in week 2.

Bench Sammy Morris... he got 41% of the carries and will be splitting time with Maroney. The Jets Defense allowed only 49 yards rushing in week one. He may see the goal line, but the odds look stacked against him.

WR
Plaxico Burress

Roy Williams

Desaun Jackson over Eddie Royal. Jackson will be the Philly star on the big stage (Monday Night Football). Reggie Brown is still questionable, and probably won't be 100% if he does start in week 2. Kevin Curtis will still be out with a hernia. Mcnabb likes to spread the wealth throwing over 40 times in both of his 2007 games vs. the Cowboys. I agree with bcoop, Eddie Royal will be alongside the returning Brandon Marshall who was Cutler's favorite target last year and facing a San Diego D which had over 30 interceptions last year.

I just plain don't like Jeremy Shockey.

I hope my input may help you in making a decision.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

thanks for all the input. I have a really hard time sitting Moss, but we will see what happens. I have a few days to mull it over so thanks alot. I think I am set on starting Cassel because Hassleback just plain sucked this week and only got me 8 points. Thanks again.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93powerranger
thanks for all the input. I have a really hard time sitting Moss, but we will see what happens. I have a few days to mull it over so thanks alot. I think I am set on starting Cassel because Hassleback just plain sucked this week and only got me 8 points. Thanks again.
Sorry, I didn't know you had Moss... I guess it slipped by me.

Give Moss the nod, coin flip between Williams and Jackson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement