NCAA Footbal Week 2 Thread - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Out

NCAA Footbal Week 2 Thread

West Virginia gets clobbered, Ohio St. got another win, but DAMN if it wasn't an ugly one... ot Ohio, of all places.South Florida and UCF was the best game of the week, in my book (and guns didn't even have to come out). I didn't get to see any of the Florida St. game, but from the score, it didn't look like I missed much. LOL!

Aaaaaaaaaaand...

My Irish won!!! Undefeated so far!

(Let me have my fun while it lasts)

I just can't wait for Michigan... I want blood!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Lifer

Aggie got an ugly win, and Texas covered against UTEP. Texas has a good defensive line, but that secondary is suspect. 5 Freshman safeties?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 08:15 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

I thought the U could score at least 1 touchdown against their in state rival.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 09:05 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Florida beat Miami in what started off as horrible play on the part of Florida. Two back to back touchdowns in a few minutes kinda sealed the fate of the 'Canes though.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 10:39 AM
bud
Bleh

OU looked pretty good except for the second quarter... Well, I do have two huge problems with Stoops/OU right now.

First, Stoops needs to talk to good ole Barry and learn how to put a team away. It seems to me that if OU gets up early on a team, they ALWAYS adjust their game to let the other team back in.

Second, OU special teams looked fn horrible.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud
OU looked pretty good except for the second quarter... Well, I do have two huge problems with Stoops/OU right now.

First, Stoops needs to talk to good ole Barry and learn how to put a team away. It seems to me that if OU gets up early on a team, they ALWAYS adjust their game to let the other team back in.

maybe you missed the part where we forgot how to tackle until the fourth quarter

the offense didn't look too shabby though

'07 350Z
'90 Firebird Formula
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzoro
maybe you missed the part where we forgot how to tackle until the fourth quarter

the offense didn't look too shabby though
I am assuming you are talking about OU here... They tackled fine in the first quarter. They tackled fine in the second half except for on special teams. Thats why I said special teams and second quarter is where they did not look good.

It is also why they may lose a game this year unless they shore up their ST play and learn how to put someone away.

The offense did look good. Bradford is a very good QB. He played a great game except for two poor decisions on those long throws.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud

I am NOT an OU fan, but Bradford had a helluva day. With the youth UT has in the secondary, there is a potential ass-whipping coming in October.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 12:19 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I am NOT an OU fan, but Bradford had a helluva day. With the youth UT has in the secondary, there is a potential ass-whipping coming in October.
I think it will still be a good game. Maybe OU gets out front early, then UT makes it a game.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud
I think it will still be a good game. Maybe OU gets out front early, then UT makes it a game.
I sure hope so. OU's "D" has given up some yards, and UT has a pretty good offense this year. Pass rush is strong, too. If they can keep Bradford guessing, and not let him plant his feet, they have a chance. If not, they will have a field day with UT's secondary.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 12:27 PM
bud
Bleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I sure hope so. OU's "D" has given up some yards, and UT has a pretty good offense this year. Pass rush is strong, too. If they can keep Bradford guessing, and not let him plant his feet, they have a chance. If not, they will have a field day with UT's secondary.
You hit on probably the key to the game... OU has a great offensive line. Give Bradford some time and he will pick apart the secondary all day. I really can't wait for the game. Got a long ways to go though.

2003 Mustang GT - SOLD!

New Project Coming Soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement