Cowboys lineup - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Sonic Blue :O
 
Nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: im scared...
Posts: 2,525
Cowboys lineup

Some of the cuts surprised me, was looking forward to seeing how well amendola could play, we might get him back for the practice squad.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...49BC47BAF1C7CB
Good plays in college

Quarterback (2)
Tony Romo
Brad Johnson
Summary: The Cowboys kept only two quarterbacks for the third consecutive year, and Bartel is probably headed back to the practice squad if he clears waivers. Bartel fought hard Thursday night in his first NFL start (28-of-41, 233 yards) but didn't get much help from his offensive line in the second half. Brad Johnson answered a lot of questions about his age by playing well against the Broncos' first-teamers on Aug. 16, but the Cowboys might sign a third quarterback at some point.

Running Back (4)
Marion Barber
Felix Jones
Tashard Choice
Deon Anderson
Summary: No surprises here. Barber and Jones will have significant roles in the offense, and Deon Anderson remains the lone fullback on the active roster. Choice earned the third tailback spot with a solid preseason, both on offense and special teams.

Wide Receiver (5)
Terrell Owens
Patrick Crayton
Sam Hurd
Miles Austin
Isaiah Stanback
Summary: This is clearly the most disconcerting position for Phillips because only Owens and Crayton are healthy enough for the opener right now. Stanback (shoulder subluxation) might be ready in time, but Austin (sprained MCL) and Hurd (high ankle sprain) won't play. Expect the Cowboys to scour the waiver wire over the next couple of days. Re-signing Amendola or Jefferson next week is another option, providing they clear waivers.

Tight End (3)
Jason Witten
Tony Curtis
Martellus Bennett
Summary: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn't discount keeping a fourth tight end, presumably Hannah, but injuries at other positions probably prevented that luxury. Curtis and Bennett, this year's second-round pick, could have a bigger offensive role until the Cowboys get healthier at wide receiver.

Offensive Line (11)
Flozell Adams
Kyle Kosier
Andre Gurode
Leonard Davis
Marc Colombo
Joe Berger
Cory Procter
Pat McQuistan
Doug Free
Montrae Holland
James Marten
Summary: This position could get trimmed at some point, but the Cowboys kept an extra lineman with starting left guard Kyle Kosier (foot sprain, hairline fracture) possibly out at least a month. McQuistan seemed to be Kosier's likely replacement last week, but Holland could be an option depending on how quickly he adjusts and whether the club wants to make McQuistan the primary backup swing tackle.

Defensive Line (6)
Marcus Spears
Jay Ratliff
Chris Canty
Tank Johnson
Jason Hatcher
Stephen Bowen
Summary: Three incumbent reserves (Tank Johnson, Jason Hatcher and Stephen Bowen) left no room for fringe linemen like Marcus Dixon and Tyson Smith. Starters Ratliff and Spears provide extra depth with their ability to play defensive end and nose tackle.

Linebacker (8)
Greg Ellis
DeMarcus Ware
Zach Thomas
Bradie James
Kevin Burnett
Anthony Spencer
Bobby Carpenter
Justin Rogers
Summary: The first eight spots appeared stable all along. Rogers is a solid special teams player and he can play inside or outside linebacker. Walden and Tearrius George fought for a spot in preseason, but Burnett's progress likely made a ninth linebacker unnecessary.

Cornerback (7)
Terence Newman
Anthony Henry
Adam Jones
Mike Jenkins
Orlando Scandrick
Alan Ball
Evan Oglesby
Summary: Easily the most competitive position. Most assumed Ball and Oglesby were competing for the sixth and final spot, but both performed well enough on defense and special teams to stick around. Oglesby is no longer practice squad eligible and Ball might not have sneaked through waivers.

Safety (4)
Ken Hamlin
Roy Williams
Pat Watkins
Courtney Brown
Summary: The total could expand to five if special teams ace Keith Davis indeed returns to Dallas after getting cut by Miami on Wednesday. Right now Watkins and Brown are the backup safeties.

Specialists (3)
K Nick Folk
P Mat McBriar
LS L.P. Ladouceur
Summary: No need for change. Folk, McBriar and Ladouceur are as good as it gets at their respective positions.

Here is a complete list of the Cowboys' roster moves to reach the 53-man limit:

Reserve/Retired:
Larry Allen

Waived:
Danny Amendola
Drew Atchison
Remi Ayodele
Richard Bartel
Mark Bradford
Alonzo Coleman
Julius Crosslin
Dowayne Davis
Marcus Dixon
Tearrius George
Ryan Gibbons
Rodney Hannah
Mike Jefferson
Keon Lattimore
Cory Lekkerkerker (injury settlement)
Todd Lowber
Darrell Robertson
Junior Siavii
Marcus Smith
Tyson Smith
Erik Walden

Nemo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
I cant believe they cut amendola. But they should sign him. They are hurting at WR.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
I cant believe they cut amendola. But they should sign him. They are hurting at WR.


Why? He's small, can't run routes, etc. No reason to keep him, honestly. Keep him on the practice squad and see if he gets better. I really don't think he's the "next coming of Wes Welker" like everyone thought he might be. If he was, he'd have been signed.
bcoop is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
I wonder if Todd Lowber will make the practice squad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
I wonder if Todd Lowber will make the practice squad?


I doubt it. The way all the coaches were talking, he's too much work.
bcoop is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I doubt it. The way all the coaches were talking, he's too much work.

2 bad the kid was fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
2 bad the kid was fast.


Yeah, but there are a ton of receivers that are fast, and still suck. In fact, there are a ton in the NFL right now that don't deserve to be there, but are because they are fast.
bcoop is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Yeah, but there are a ton of receivers that are fast, and still suck. In fact, there are a ton in the NFL right now that don't deserve to be there, but are because they are fast.

Well at least he has a super bowl ring already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Why? He's small, can't run routes, etc. No reason to keep him, honestly. Keep him on the practice squad and see if he gets better. I really don't think he's the "next coming of Wes Welker" like everyone thought he might be. If he was, he'd have been signed.
I know hes not the next Wes Welker but I can understand why they didnt sign him.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
Well at least he has a super bowl ring already.
What's your point? Did you not watch Semi-Pro? The ring doesn't mean anything!

Slowhand is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Vikings are next!
 
4.6 Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Little Mexico
Posts: 8,501
I don't think amendola deserves to be on the team as he didn't do anything impressive, but I'm thinking he'll get signed just because the 'boys are hurting for recievers..

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

4.6 Love is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6 Love
I don't think amendola deserves to be on the team as he didn't do anything impressive, but I'm thinking he'll get signed just because the 'boys are hurting for recievers..


El wrongo. Jerry has already come out and said nobody would be signed, that wouldn't otherwise be signed, in regards to the depth/injury issue at WR. More or less, they weren't keeping anyone they already planned on cutting, just because Sam Hurd got hurt. They've got guys on the team that can fill in.


TO is healthy. Crayton is healthy. Say what you want, but when you think about it Witten is really our #2 option, rather than TE. Yes, he's a TE, but he gets the #2 look most of the time. That would put Crayton as a third option. I also think everyone is forgetting the catching ability that Felix Jones has. He's pretty solid in the receiving dept.


Another thing that has been discussed, is lining Witten up in the slot since we have Curtis and Bennett as options for TE to fill Witten's hole. I think that is probably their best option at this point, since the Cardinals won't trade Boldin off.
bcoop is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6 Love
I don't think amendola deserves to be on the team as he didn't do anything impressive, but I'm thinking he'll get signed just because the 'boys are hurting for recievers..
He's a little bitty dude! Did you see him trying to block? "Hard Knocks" had some footage of him, and he struggled against coverage because of his height.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM
2-7 and still a fan!
 
BOOSTED32V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a place that has become a ghost town...
Posts: 16,954
Yeah you won't see D.Ameola as a W.Walker type of reciever, that guy has his motor running 100MPH at all times and can run a helluva route, also hard hits don't seem to deter him from running a slant to the middle of the field. Tom Brady has a fine reciever. I also don't think we are hurting at WR as most people seem to think we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
BOOSTED32V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome