Couture UFC 91???Wario/Juiced in here - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!

Couture UFC 91???Wario/Juiced in here

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/8/28...re-to-headline

"Well this has been the talk for months but now a few individuals are starting to leak it out... Much to the dismay of the general MMA media who would have wanted to make the scoop.

"The Real Big Pun" let the cat out of the bag on fightsport.

Randy Couture will in all likelihood headline UFC 91 in Portland, Oregon..

The hope is that the opponent will be fedor however the probability will be that his opponent will be non other than Brock Lesnar.

MMA LOGIC
"

Juiced - got any more insite to if this is going to happen etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Very Interesting

only thing I've heard, is that Randy had mentioned he'd be willing to fight one FINAL fight for the UFC as an out of court settlement, if they would allow him to walk away free and clear from his contract after that fight.

Nothing about it having any real traction though, all speculation and rumors

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Your Daddy

all speculation now

Big Pun does have insider info though.

The event is in Oregon,(randy's old stomping grounds)

I hope it's true!!

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Time Served

wont happen! even if it is inside info alot of things would have to fall perfectly in line for that to happen and randy would beat lesnars ass! i could see him fighting though to drop the contract and get in with fedor

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Your Daddy

By Dave Meltzer

A source close to Randy Couture has confirmed today that Couture is in negotiations with UFC for a new three-fight deal which would end the nearly nine month legal battle between the two sides.

If the deal is closed, and the source said they are hoping to conclude negotiations and announce the match sometime within the next week, Couture would face Brock Lesnar on 11/15, most likely in Portland, Oregon. There are still minor problems involving tax issues that have kept finalzing the Rose Garden as the venue on that date, but UFC sources on Thursday expected the deal would conclude.

Couture was said to be hoping that if everything went well, the next two fights could involve Fedor Emelianenko, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and/or Chuck Liddell. However, all the previous hang-ups involving Emelianenko and UFC remain.

It had been rumored heavily the past few days about a Couture vs. Lesnar fight in Portland, as a one-fight deal to settle the legal issues. But the talks involve a contract where both sides would expect Couture to legitimately retire as a UFC fighter
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 03:07 AM
Time Served

he really needs to retire,or he could fight that other old guy that want hang it up,Shamrock.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 03:20 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoboogie
he really needs to retire,or he could fight that other old guy that want hang it up,Shamrock.
People like you said that when he retired the first time. Since then he came back and won the heavyweight title back. I don't think he needs to retire at all.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 03:43 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
People like you said that when he retired the first time. Since then he came back and won the heavyweight title back. I don't think he needs to retire at all.
He has always been one of my favorite fighters,i would like to see him go out on top,not like Ken that keeps on getting beat down,but we will see.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
wont happen! even if it is inside info alot of things would have to fall perfectly in line for that to happen and randy would beat lesnars ass! i could see him fighting though to drop the contract and get in with fedor
Since you are ever so good in all of your predictions, I wouldn't mind putting a wager on this fight happening. Care to say $50 bucks this fight happens within 1 calender year from today?
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 08:59 AM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Im confused. I thought randy was part owner in the new fighting promotion affliction. Also I thought Fedor is their heavyweight champion, and has a pretty big contract with affliction. So, how in the world would Randy fight Fedor in the UFC?
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:02 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo
Im confused. I thought randy was part owner in the new fighting promotion affliction. Also I thought Fedor is their heavyweight champion, and has a pretty big contract with affliction. So, how in the world would Randy fight Fedor in the UFC?

Anything is possible when it comes to negotiations. Both sides may just agree to it something to get it to some finality.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo
You thought wrong...

Randy has no ownership in Affliction.

Fedor is their heavyweight champion, but Fedor has and always will only sign non limiting contracts, so that he can fight when and where he wants. Fedor is the WAMMA champ. This is an organization put together to "unify" MMA.

Fedor doesn't have a contract with anyone right now.

Randy still has a contract with the UFC that he owes them 1 more fight on, unless he stays retired. This would be his way out of his contract, clean and square. And they'd let him out of his promotion contract as well.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoboogie
????? wow just wow

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Since you are ever so good in all of your predictions, I wouldn't mind putting a wager on this fight happening. Care to say $50 bucks this fight happens within 1 calender year from today?

bet that it will happen within a year? um.. no alot can happen in a year! im just saying the chance of it happening are slim to none alot of shit has to fall perfectly in line and both parties have to give in alittle!

i think lesnar will either 1.) lose before then prob to NOG or 2.) lesnar will be totally dominate and win the belt and couture finally gets to fight fedor ( in another org.) and wins and decides to really retire!

and the lesnar fighting couture in portland on the 15 of nov is retarded!! first of all NOG has the Interim belt so the odds of anyone fighting couture in the ufc in nov would be very slim unless its him!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
AHMO!

Well when you get your balls back to make $50 let me know.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Your Daddy

post conference with randy and ufc in a few hours. check the mma forums after 2 pm our time for the announcement
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Oh, brother.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...7012&zoneid=13

"Amidst a groundswell of rumor and speculation concerning former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture’s future, the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Tuesday announced that “The Natural” is indeed returning to the Octagon.

Couture will face rising star Brock Lesnar in the main event of UFC 91 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Nov. 15. The fight will be a five-round, title bout, Couture’s first since resigning from the organization in October of 2007.

There was strong speculation the Nov. 15 event would take place in Portland, Ore., but UFC president Dana White said that despite ongoing negotiations to do an event in Portland, and future plans to do so, this fight would take place in Las Vegas.

In announcing the fight, White steered away from saying that Lesnar, with a 1-1 record in the UFC and 2-1, was the No. 1 contender for the heavyweight title. He offered no defense of the bout being for the title saying, “We can basically put on fights that fans want to see… Mark my words, Couture vs. Lesnar will be the biggest fight in UFC history.”

The announcement appears to have ended a legal battle between Couture and the owners of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Zuffa, LLC, over the terms of his fight contract. Up until the announcement was made, the two parties were in arbitration proceedings to determine if and when Couture would be able to fight outside of the UFC.

Due to Couture’s absence, the UFC had crowned Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira its interim heavyweight champion. He is scheduled to defend his interim title against Frank Mir in December. White said that fight would still take place with the winner facing the winner of Couture and Lesnar sometime in 2009 to unify the heavyweight title.

Couture has reportedly begun training full time for the bout at his Las Vegas Xtreme Couture gym.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com as we will have further in-depth coverage as the story develops…"

8/16/05
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
Oh, brother.

"Amidst a groundswell of rumor and speculation concerning former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture’s future, the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Tuesday announced that “The Natural” is indeed returning to the Octagon.

Couture will face rising star Brock Lesnar in the main event of UFC 91 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Nov. 15. The fight will be a five-round, title bout, Couture’s first since resigning from the organization in October of 2007.

There was strong speculation the Nov. 15 event would take place in Portland, Ore., but UFC president Dana White said that despite ongoing negotiations to do an event in Portland, and future plans to do so, this fight would take place in Las Vegas.

In announcing the fight, White steered away from saying that Lesnar, with a 1-1 record in the UFC and 2-1, was the No. 1 contender for the heavyweight title. He offered no defense of the bout being for the title saying, “We can basically put on fights that fans want to see… Mark my words, Couture vs. Lesnar will be the biggest fight in UFC history.”

The announcement appears to have ended a legal battle between Couture and the owners of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Zuffa, LLC, over the terms of his fight contract. Up until the announcement was made, the two parties were in arbitration proceedings to determine if and when Couture would be able to fight outside of the UFC.

Due to Couture’s absence, the UFC had crowned Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira its interim heavyweight champion. He is scheduled to defend his interim title against Frank Mir in December. White said that fight would still take place with the winner facing the winner of Couture and Lesnar sometime in 2009 to unify the heavyweight title.

Couture has reportedly begun training full time for the bout at his Las Vegas Xtreme Couture gym.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com as we will have further in-depth coverage as the story develops…"
I really don't know who would win of course I am leaning towards Randy but Lesnar could surprise him. JKD is this an ok statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
Oh, brother.

This is a joke of all jokes. This guy is as green as green can be, being 1-1 UFC and he gets a title shot???????????????? WHAAAAAAAT THEEEE FUACCKKK!!!!

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbonezNY
This is a joke of all jokes. This guy is as green as green can be, being 1-1 UFC and he gets a title shot???????????????? WHAAAAAAAT THEEEE FUACCKKK!!!!

its called money......lots of money..
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Man, this fight is going to amass some fucking amazing money. Talk about everything to gain and nothing to lose for Lesnar.

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
I really don't know who would win of course I am leaning towards Randy but Lesnar could surprise him. JKD is this an ok statement?

Yes sir.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Yes sir.

Well thank GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:52 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
Well thank GOD

Your welcome.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Time Served

wow well that shows ya dana white is totally unpredictable and he has now forfeited his rights to talk shit about elite xc regarding kimbo being in a main event! granted lesnar is in no way the same type of athlete as kimbo but both are as new as they come and neither deserve the main card championship fight!

interesting lol to say the least! but those three guys are the biggest names (nog, mir,lesnar) and really the only big guys that have fought heavy lately so...

should be an interesting fight!

Last edited by bigbirdbryan21; 09-02-2008 at 05:19 PM.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Well when you get your balls back to make $50 let me know.
hats off to ya sir!!! you called it!

post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Your Daddy

Thumbs up

Quote:

LOL good call TUF noob
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Your Daddy

here's a link to the conference call with Dana, Brock, and Randy.

http://mmarated.com/blogs/blog/20080...audio-629.html
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Time Served

Well what about Nog and Mir are they just going to ignor the fact that they have another belt out there? I still have a little speculation but if true this is just sad. Oh and Brock may win just due to his size i dont think couture can sub him or stop the takedown........however if he can bock is going down. Brock may lay on Randy for a while. Of course my official prediction would be Randy by TKO!!!

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Your Daddy

winner of mir/nog will fight winner of randy/brock for the unified ufc belt. Nog is the "interm champ". ufc doesnt like their champs not fighting. if one gets injured or sits out, they always have an interm champ. then the 2 guys usually fight each other to unify them.

did you even listen to that link? the fight is signed bro. november 15 at mgm grand
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

man, NO ones giving brock any credit, thanks for that conference link.

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Vikings are next!

Thumbs up

This fight will be awsome!!!

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
man, NO ones giving brock any credit, thanks for that conference link.

It's because he sucks for as hyped as he is. No offense, I know you are a fan of his because of his WWE background. Granted, he is a decorated college wrestling champ but it takes much more then that to compete in MMA. His stand up is near nonexistant along with any submissions and his defense is laughable. But even more so, he has that WWE stigma attached to him. I personally, HATED the idea he is in the UFC. He's had 2 fights and suddenly a shot at the title? But, I'm trying to be open minded, I'm waiting to see if he has any interest in evolving as a fighter. I've said the same thing about Kimbo. They are two fighters fighting off of their names and not their skills. Time will tell, I give Kimbo more of a chance then I do Lesnar. At least Kimbo is trying to evolve, we'll see what happens with Lesnar.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Your Daddy

here ya go ragtop88. will this end all your speculation?

post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:50 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I know you are a fan of his because of his WWE background.
I'm a fan of how much of a fucking bad ass he is. The guy can fucking do anything, he's the modern day bo jackson to me. Look at all the shit he's done. His college career, his WWE career, and yes I know its staged shit, but the guy went from NOTHING to main eventing wrestlemania which is huge in the business as green as he was, the solid push he got was insane, he put asses in seats just like he's doing for UFC when he main events their shows even though he's on the undercard. Watching him pull off a belly to belly suplex on paul white is one of the most amazing things i've ever seen, and yes, I'm know that paul helped him, but trust me, the feat of strength that brock had to do to chunk him over his head is nasty ( 8:30 mark http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4g...big-show_sport ). It would be like you trying to help me throw you over my head belly to belly. His nfl career, he fucking owned on his tryout:

Quote:
At 6-foot-4 and 286 pounds, Lesnar ran a 4.75 second 40-yard dash, less than two months after injuring his groin in a motorcycle accident! Lesnar is listed as benching 475, which with his long arms is very impressive, and a near 700 pound squat with a 35-inch vertical leap.
The guy is a monster of a man, i'm not fucking gay obviously, but I know when to give someone their props, and he's someone that gets mine, even if he is an asshole. He goes for what he wants and he goes fucking BALLS out for it and I can totally respect that. I'm sure dana was like WHO WANTS TO FIGHT RANDY WHEN HE COMES BACK, and Brock was the first person to say ME ILL DO IT.

post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:09 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
I'm a fan of how much of a fucking bad ass he is. The guy can fucking do anything, he's the modern day bo jackson to me. Look at all the shit he's done. His college career, his WWE career, and yes I know its staged shit, but the guy went from NOTHING to main eventing wrestlemania which is huge in the business as green as he was, the solid push he got was insane, he put asses in seats just like he's doing for UFC when he main events their shows even though he's on the undercard. Watching him pull off a belly to belly suplex on paul white is one of the most amazing things i've ever seen, and yes, I'm know that paul helped him, but trust me, the feat of strength that brock had to do to chunk him over his head is nasty ( 8:30 mark http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4g...big-show_sport ). It would be like you trying to help me throw you over my head belly to belly. His nfl career, he fucking owned on his tryout:

The guy is a monster of a man, i'm not fucking gay obviously, but I know when to give someone their props, and he's someone that gets mine, even if he is an asshole. He goes for what he wants and he goes fucking BALLS out for it and I can totally respect that. I'm sure dana was like WHO WANTS TO FIGHT RANDY WHEN HE COMES BACK, and Brock was the first person to say ME ILL DO IT.

He's a badass because a large man assisted him in barely picking him up and slinging him around in a choregraphed wrestling match? I understand your point that he's a large, very athletic guy, but there is much more then that to being a fighter. Just because he has those attributes, doesn't mean he can fight. Lesnar is a HORRIBLE mma fighter as he should be as a new fighter. Definetely not up to a championship level. Dana White is merely using Lesnar as bait to get Fedor to come to the UFC.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 11:14 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
He's a badass because a large man assisted him in barely picking him up and slinging him around in a choregraphed wrestling match? I understand your point that he's a large, very athletic guy, but there is much more then that to being a fighter. Just because he has those attributes, doesn't mean he can fight. Lesnar is a HORRIBLE mma fighter as he should be as a new fighter. Definitely not up to a championship level. Dana White is merely using Lesnar as bait to get Fedor to come to the UFC.
Sigh, do you think I could belly to belly you JKD? Even if you helped me? Watch the video and scrutinize it, the amount of help he got from big show is trash ( big shows notoriously out of shape in all his matches around that time, he was around 450# - 470$ in the video and no thats not his 'billed' weight ). And no, I'm not basing it off that, you elitest, I'm basing it off how hard he throws himself at new tasks, such as NFL and MMA and that's why i consider him a bad ass. I'm not knocking Randy, I'm just saying that in the interview, they should've gave alot more attention to Randy vs Lesnar, because as Randy said, he's not looking at fedor, he's worried about lesnar right now.

post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 12:46 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Sigh, do you think I could belly to belly you JKD? Even if you helped me? Watch the video and scrutinize it, the amount of help he got from big show is trash ( big shows notoriously out of shape in all his matches around that time, he was around 450# - 470$ in the video and no thats not his 'billed' weight ). And no, I'm not basing it off that, you elitest, I'm basing it off how hard he throws himself at new tasks, such as NFL and MMA and that's why i consider him a bad ass. I'm not knocking Randy, I'm just saying that in the interview, they should've gave alot more attention to Randy vs Lesnar, because as Randy said, he's not looking at fedor, he's worried about lesnar right now.

Do I think you could? Sure. With the proper instruction and my cooperation you could do it. Could you do it without either of those? Nope. Not a chance in hell. Could you do it after one year of training, it's possible but not likely.

This might be one of those times that he threw himself into a task without thinking about it first. Usually, I will give anyone a punchers chance to win a fight, but considering Lesnar can't even throw a proper punch, he doesn't even get that. Yet again, he'll run across the ring tryin to football tackle Randy and GnP him.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 12:47 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Yet again, he'll run across the ring tryin to football tackle Randy and GnP him.
Exactly, thats why he's a bad ass. He put his bike up for sale on craigslist:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/765370039.html

All joking aside, are you looking forward to it?

post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Exactly, thats why he's a bad ass. He put his bike up for sale on craigslist:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/765370039.html

All joking aside, are you looking forward to it?
Ehhh. I dunno honestly. The style of the two fighters dont really make for a good fight. Both are wrestlers mainly, Randy definetly has more submission experience. I don't think there will be any KO's coming from this for sure. Randy's standup is better then Lesnar's but not by much and having to punch upwards always sucks. I've only seen one guy punch going upwards effectively and that's the guy Randy wants to fight -- Fedor.

I think the the Lesnar/Randy fight will most likely will go the distance and the whole fight will be those guys fighting for position. I'll definetly watch it, but will depend who else is on the card if I will pay for it at home or go watch it somewhere for free.

Btw, neither of these guys have a chance beating Fedor. I'm not much of a gambler, but I'd be willing to bet money Randy won't make it out of the first round against Fedor.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

I hate that mentality in the MMA world. I stopped saying, so and so will never beat so and so when maurcio rua lost

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!

Quote:
hats off to ya sir!!! you called it!
I trusted the sources I heard it from is all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement