Shamrock vs Kimbo - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Shamrock vs Kimbo

Ken Shamrock will likely be facing Kimbo Slice at the CBS/EliteXC TV event on 10/4.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:39 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
Ken Shamrock will likely be facing Kimbo Slice at the CBS/EliteXC TV event on 10/4.

Yay, another tomatoe can for Kimbo to cushion his record some more.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:39 PM
11-05-09

wOW. Another has-been for Kimbo.

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Kimbo's fighting SEB next.

post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Blessed

Well, Shammy is better than what he fought before.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:

LOL, you're not baiting me into that one. Funny though.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
LOL, you're not baiting me into that one. Funny though.

Be careful man...I heard he was a master baiter.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Time Served

Isn't Shamrock an extremely light light heavy weight. That fool is going to get killed.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Back in the day Kimbo wouldn't have stood a chance.....

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Lifer

Yeah, it was officially announced today. I hope Ken beats him, but it's not likely because he's so far past it and can't take a punch anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------
KIMBO ON CBS
Monday, August 25, 2008 - by Ken Pishna - MMAWeekly.com

With less than six weeks to go before EliteXC’s next CBS-EliteXC Saturday Night Fights event, speculation has been ongoing as to who Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson will face on Oct. 4. That speculation can now be put to rest as MMAWeekly.com has confirmed with EliteXC vice president Jared Shaw that Kimbo will face UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock.

Much attention was drawn recently to EliteXC’s cancelling of its Sept. 20 event in New Mexico, the company stating that it was necessary to do so to focus its promotional efforts on the pivotal Oct. 4 event on CBS.

Shaw supported that statement in confirming Ken Shamrock, saying, “We were clearing the runway for Oct. 4 and we’re landing with some heavy artillery. Kimbo emerged as king of backyard brawls and is a YouTube sensation, now he wants to lay claim to the title of ‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man.’”

Though Shamrock is well past the peak of his career – he’s currently on a five-fight losing streak – the facts are that he has a record of 26-13-2, he has been in this sport since before Kimbo left his teenage years, and the strongest part of his game, submissions, is one of the weakest areas for his opponent.

“Shamrock is by far the toughest test of Kimbo’s young career,” added Shaw. “He is no stranger to big, tough fights. Ken realizes this is his opportunity to add a storybook finish to an illustrious career. He says he’s seen holes like Swiss cheese in Kimbo’s game.”

Indeed, Shamrock has been fighting since before the first Ultimate Fighting Championship event, emerging first for Pancrase in Japan before being called upon to fight in a one-night, eight-man tournament at UFC 1 that also included that night’s eventual champion, Royce Gracie… in 1993.

EliteXC is looking to capitalize not only on Kimbo’s unique appeal as a “YouTube sensation,” but also on Shamrock’s background as one of the forefather’s of the sport.

“We see a tremendous fight for the casual MMA fan that has caught on to guys like Kimbo, while at the same time appealing to the hardcore fans who have grown up with Ken Shamrock,” said Shaw.

“We feel this will test Kimbo and the maturation of his MMA game. Ken being a veteran of the game is going to look to expose Kimbo’s weaknesses. It’s time for Kimbo to show his continued growth and the knowledge that he now has, and put himself in a situation for the biggest victory of is career.”

It is no secret that EliteXC has attached itself to the popularity of the Kimbo train and wants to use that popularity to make sure that the pivotal Oct. 4 event on CBS is a ratings success. A win for Kimbo would be a tremendous boost for the promotion in the casual fan’s eyes due to Shamrock’s name recognition.

“It’s pretty simple. For Kimbo Slice, he wants to become the world’s most dangerous man and he wants to become the future EliteXC heavyweight champ. The only way for him to achieve those two things is going through Ken Shamrock,” Shaw stated.

But what happens if Shamrock derails Kimbo? What does Shaw see for the future if Shamrock’s experience prevails?

“If Ken Shamrock wins this fight, he’s on top of the world again. He’s once again proven that he is the most dangerous man in the world. He beat the guy that many consider one of the most unpredictable and dangerous striker’s in the heavyweight division.”

In addition to Shamrock and Kimbo, Shaw also confirmed to MMAWeekly.com the rest of the main card, set to air live on CBS. Jake Shields will make the first defense of his EliteXC welterweight title when he faces British fighter Paul Daley, Gina Carano returns to face Kelly Kobald, and Benji Radach makes his promotional debut fighting former EliteXC middleweight champion Murilo “Ninja” Rua.

If time permits Shaw added that a second female bout, between Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos and Yoko Takahashi, would also air on CBS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--wes
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 01:59 AM
Lifer

even tho its another so so guy for kimbo i wouldnt count Ken shamrock out.........I think hes got a better chance than the others they've matched him up against.But did you see silva's next fight......patrick cote.....

04 cobra before 2.81 pulley,100mm idler,jlt intake,bassani xpipe,magnaflow catback,diablo canoftuner bogart welded rt's 11:[email protected] untuned
After headers/nitrous no 1/4 times yet
576rwhp on the suace=Highway roller stud
Changing Daily drivers monthly
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 02:13 AM
HPP = GHEY

shamrock is gonna get ROCKED!!!

chalk up another win for kimbo

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

I hate him, but at the same time, I hope Ken chokes his ass out!
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:45 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
LOL!!
I'm surprised he hasn't posted yet.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 09:09 AM
LUCIFER

Isn't Ken like 50yrs old?

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 09:17 AM
AKA Kimbo

Me FTW!!!
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
yes, jluv

Go Kimbo!
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LMAO!

post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Your Daddy

it was either Shammy or Sean Gannon. lol

Elite XC is a fucking joke.

their newly crowned heavyweight champ, Antonio Silva, tested positive for steroids.
their lightweight champ, KJ Noons, wont sign a contract to fight Nick Diaz again.
their postergirl Gina Carano would get mauled by real competition (Cris Cyborg is the real champ).

I don't see them being in business for much longer.
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 10:43 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced89lx
it was either Shammy or Sean Gannon. lol

Elite XC is a fucking joke.

their newly crowned heavyweight champ, Antonio Silva, tested positive for steroids.
their lightweight champ, KJ Noons, wont sign a contract to fight Nick Diaz again.
their postergirl Gina Carano would get mauled by real competition (Cris Cyborg is the real champ).

I don't see them being in business for much longer.

I agree 100%.

KJ knows that Diaz will beat him this next time around and get shit talked to before/during/after.

I've been saying all along Gina Carano is over rated, she's there to give MMA a pretty face to the mainstream audience.

Now, my question is - do you think Dana White (knowing the asshat he can be) would sign Kimbo for the trainwreck factor? Or would be just another loousy addition to an already weak Heavyweight division?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 10:51 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Now, my question is - do you think Dana White (knowing the asshat he can be) would sign Kimbo for the trainwreck factor? Or would be just another loousy addition to an already weak Heavyweight division?
You guys know a lot more about MMA than I do, but it's plain to anyone that the main driving force behind the whole thing is money. Kimbo would bring that, at least until he loses 2 in a row.
post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 11:10 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
You guys know a lot more about MMA than I do, but it's plain to anyone that the main driving force behind the whole thing is money. Kimbo would bring that, at least until he loses 2 in a row.

Sorta. That's why I threw in the wild card of Dana White. You never know what he is gonna say or do. I mean if he calls Fedor overrated, what's he gonna say about Kimbo? But then again, he did sign Brock Lesnar. So it could be either way.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 11:57 AM
AHMO!

Difference between Kimbo and Lesnar is Lesnar has an upside to him. Kimbo is at the peak of what he can accomplish...after this he can MAYBE get one more fight of Sean Gannon...and then he would have to fight someone who doesn't get rubber legged while brushing his teeth and hits his tooth with a toothbrush. (the guy he fought last).

Shamrock is completely washed up but I still think Kimbo survives this somehow.
post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Dead Stop Bobby :D

dam i will be at a wedding at the time. I'de like to see Shamrock pull it off. There have been upsets before

1998 Eclipse GS-T (fun daily 93 octane)
2001 Trans Am (fun gas guzzler 93 octane)
1998 Sentra (40+ mpg daily driver 87 octane )
You spin, I win

Wedding,automobile,people, sports etc photography

www.chatlaniphoto.com
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Time Served

Take kimbo to the ground. Soften him up with some elbows and either choke him out or brake his arm. His ground game is weak. His last fight sucked. Ken is a weiner now. As long as he doesnt get popped he has a slim chance i think.

"Worlds most dangerous man to glass jaws".

Kimbo also needs to shave that muff pad off his jaw lmao.
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Custom User Title

Kimbo is doing the right thing and picking old or not very good fighters he needs lots of fights under his belt before he try's to step up and fight real fighters. Ken is old but has a good chance against kimbo if he gets him to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Time Served

what a joke, that is going to be one of the worst fights ever! ken is way out of his game and should never fight again! he got his ass beat his last fight by rob berry of all people lol should be an easy first round KO for kimbo

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:33 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
Well, Shammy is better than what he fought before.
Are you serious? Even James Thomson doesn't fold as easily as Shammy. At least James had size that was imposing on Kimbo. Shamrock doesn't even have a prayer. This is as bad as Kimbo/Tank.
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemeangixxer7502
even tho its another so so guy for kimbo i wouldnt count Ken shamrock out.........I think hes got a better chance than the others they've matched him up against.But did you see silva's next fight......patrick cote.....
Name the last fight Shamrock was even competitive in and appeared to have the upper hand. That would be his last win in 2004 against Kimo. Since then he's dropped 5 straight all via KO/TKO.
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
what a joke, that is going to be one of the worst fights ever! ken is way out of his game and should never fight again! he got his ass beat his last fight by rob berry of all people lol should be an easy first round KO for kimbo
i would love to see a First Round Ko Especially against Shamrock
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo
i would love to see a First Round Ko Especially against Shamrock
Shamrock was moving well until he got knocked on his ass. A shame, but the man has taken too many shots to the dome. It's time to hang up the gloves. (or has been for years...)

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 01:43 PM
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
Shamrock was moving well until he got knocked on his ass. A shame, but the man has taken too many shots to the dome. It's time to hang up the gloves. (or has been for years...)
yea i definately agree with you..
post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
Name the last fight Shamrock was even competitive in and appeared to have the upper hand. That would be his last win in 2004 against Kimo. Since then he's dropped 5 straight all via KO/TKO.
look at his last 5 fights,there not exactly cans....well four previous to his last reff stoppage

Loss Robert Berry KO (Punches) CR 25 - Bring it On 3/8/2008 1 3:26
Loss Tito Ortiz TKO (Strikes) UFC - The Final Chapter 10/10/2006 1 2:23
Loss Tito Ortiz TKO (Strikes) UFC 61 - Bitter Rivals 7/8/2006 1 1:18
Loss Kazushi Sakuraba TKO (Punch) PRIDE 30 - Fully Loaded 10/23/2005 1 2:27
Loss Rich Franklin
theres no shame in losing to those guys..im not as familar with robert berry but still i mean tito,rich,kazushi.HE may be old and should be retired but id never count him out and expect him to be a punching bag

04 cobra before 2.81 pulley,100mm idler,jlt intake,bassani xpipe,magnaflow catback,diablo canoftuner bogart welded rt's 11:[email protected] untuned
After headers/nitrous no 1/4 times yet
576rwhp on the suace=Highway roller stud
Changing Daily drivers monthly
post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Your Daddy

^^^he wasn't competitive in any of those fights though. he was dominated by all of them and showed his famous glass chin in every fight..

plus his record of "worked" fights doesn't surprise me that they picked him for Kimbo.

He will take the fall again and make another mma "superstar" out of Kimbo. The tuf and cbs noobs still think Shammy has something in him and once Kimbo wins, he will be the new "baddest man on the planet"
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
^^^he wasn't competitive in any of those fights though. he was dominated by all of them and showed his famous glass chin in every fight..

plus his record of "worked" fights doesn't surprise me that they picked him for Kimbo.

He will take the fall again and make another mma "superstar" out of Kimbo. The tuf and cbs noobs still think Shammy has something in him and once Kimbo wins, he will be the new "baddest man on the planet"

Exactly, and the fact that his 5 fights prior to that he had 3 losses and his only wins came against a washed up Kimo and a guy that is 7-20

--wes
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:02 PM
CJD
Time Served

I love Ken Shamrock, and I want him to win, but he's over the hill now as evident by the fact that he keeps losing when he tries to fight in the UFC or Pride. Back in the day, he'd beat his ass I bet.
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:

You shut up... Shamrock is GOD!!!!

fuck Ken Shamrock, he's an asshole.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

I like Ken Shamrock more than any other fighter aside from Lesnar. I wanted Shamrock to beat tito every fucking time. Titos trash, poor fighter, beating shamrock should mean he's even worse, but not in my book.

Ken Shamrock is like watching the Texas Rangers, you know they aint going to win shit, but you still have that feeling they just might.

post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
I like Ken Shamrock more than any other fighter aside from Lesnar. I wanted Shamrock to beat tito every fucking time. Titos trash, poor fighter, beating shamrock should mean he's even worse, but not in my book.

Ken Shamrock is like watching the Texas Rangers, you know they aint going to win shit, but you still have that feeling they just might.
He's a fucking douchebag and an asshole. At least the two times I've met him he was.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
yes, jluv

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma...urn=mma,104000

Apparently Brett Rogers is pissed off about it. LOL!
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
He's a fucking douchebag and an asshole. At least the two times I've met him he was.
Agreed. He is one stuck-up mofo. But I'd still like to see him kick Kimbo's ass.
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
Kimbo is doing the right thing and picking old or not very good fighters he needs lots of fights under his belt before he try's to step up and fight real fighters. Ken is old but has a good chance against kimbo if he gets him to the ground.
I agree but i also think Ken stands a chance on the feet his stand up is not bad. He hits hard and can take a beating.....if his heart is there and he doesnt poke his head outside the ring and call for his corner to throw in the towel!!!

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88'RAGTOP
I agree but i also think Ken stands a chance on the feet his stand up is not bad. He hits hard and can take a beating.....if his heart is there and he doesnt poke his head outside the ring and call for his corner to throw in the towel!!!
no.

post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:

lmao...when is the last time you watched him fight? He can't take a punch at all...he got Ko'd in like 2.5-3 minutes by Berry who is in no way a puncher and in fact has lost like 5 of his last 8.

He's a shell of his former self and should have retired long ago........give up on the Shamrock dream.

--wes
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:

I know Ken can win but it will be on the ground. Do you want to take Ken?

Quote:
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 04:45 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
I know Ken can win but it will be on the ground. Do you want to take Ken?

Do yourself the favor and don't post any further on this subject. You're losing credibiliity with each post. Ken's age has NOTHING to do with the fact he cannot compete at a high level anymore. The game evolved, he didn't. Back in the day when he did win fights, it was because he had a little bit of ground game that everyone else lacked. Fuck, anyone can win a fight with some basic ground game over someone who has none - I'm perfect proof of this.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Do yourself the favor and don't post any further on this subject. You're losing credibiliity with each post. Ken's age has NOTHING to do with the fact he cannot compete at a high level anymore. The game evolved, he didn't. Back in the day when he did win fights, it was because he had a little bit of ground game that everyone else lacked. Fuck, anyone can win a fight with some basic ground game over someone who has none - I'm perfect proof of this.
What???? Have you seen kimbo fight???? his ground defense is terrible you don't think ken can take him on the ground???? Maybe you should watch kimbo's last fight and then post back up.

Quote:
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Custom User Title

Wow JKD I am just shocked you really must think Kimbo has good ground defense I don't know what to say the last fight he had was terrible he did not fight back when he was on the gound he just kept getting punch. He almost lost that fight and was so tired afterwords he fell down. Do you watch any of his fights? Not trying to be funny I have been watching MMA for a while and what you are saying just makes me put my hands in the air if any half way decent MMA fighter with some good ground offense will beat Kimbo.

Quote:
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 05:00 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
What???? Have you seen kimbo fight???? his ground defense is terrible you don't think ken can take him on the ground???? Maybe you should watch kimbo's last fight and then post back up.

Ken is a moron, he will stand right in front Kimbo and block all of Kimbo's punches with his face. Ken's biggest adversary is his own ego.

Do I think he can take Kimbo down? No.
1) I don't even think he will try. He thinks he's got something to prove and will stand straight in front of Kimbo
2) Even if Ken can manage to get passed himself, his shoot is horrible, always has been. Ken is slower then time and even Kimbo (who is fresh in his training) will be able to underhook Ken and sprawl out if it came to that. I still think that Ken is so slow that Kimbo can easily catch him coming in and won't even have to land solid. A grazing shot will be more then enough to land Shamrock on his Depends wearing ass.

Have I seen Kimbo fight? Yes. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of his by any stretch of the imagination. But he appears to be taking it seriously and trying to evolve from his YouTube days by training with Bas Rutten, that's certainly more then I can say for Ken.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 05:04 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Wow JKD I am just shocked you really must think Kimbo has good ground defense I don't know what to say the last fight he had was terrible he did not fight back when he was on the gound he just kept getting punch. He almost lost that fight and was so tired afterwords he fell down. Do you watch any of his fights? Not trying to be funny I have been watching MMA for a while and what you are saying just makes me put my hands in the air if any half way decent MMA fighter with some good ground offense will beat Kimbo.

I don't think Kimbo is much of anything, Ken is just that bad. Ken is not a decent MMA fighter, not even close. My comment isn't a defense of Kimbo, it's more of a comment about how bad Ken is.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement