Brock Lesnars next match, November, UFC 91 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Brock Lesnars next match, November, UFC 91

His match will be for a possible title shot ( aka he'll be next contender if he wins match ).

UFC 91 will be taking place at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon and will likely also feature a match up between Kenny Florian and Joe Stevenson.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Lifer

He has improved, but who has he fought? I still thionk he is better then Kimbo hahahahaha.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 11:16 PM

well

who is he fighting then

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Very Interesting

Chieck Kongo possibly

I don't see how he gets a title shot yet after three fights, and right now only 1 victory.

I think that's a pretty quick move for a title shot. He's still very green

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

I agree, but its all about:

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
Chieck Kongo possibly

I don't see how he gets a title shot yet after three fights, and right now only 1 victory.

I think that's a pretty quick move for a title shot. He's still very green

No kidding. He is 1-1 in the UFC.lol He needs to win atleast 3-4 fights before he gets a chance. If Mir can submit him, I don't think Big Nog will have a problem tapping BL at this point in his career. He needs to learn how to defend subs and get more fights under his belt.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Lifer

You guys would know more truth to this than I would..... But I read on UFC.com a few weeks back, that they dont want to ruin Lesnar by having him come up the ranks for to long. They said something about not wanting what should be a " warm up " for him to end up a close call or a possible defeat. They are banking on his name. They had thrown a few examples of should have beens but they had them fight nobodies and ended up getting defeated.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:24 PM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOPPS5.0
You guys would know more truth to this than I would..... But I read on UFC.com a few weeks back, that they dont want to ruin Lesnar by having him come up the ranks for to long. They said something about not wanting what should be a " warm up " for him to end up a close call or a possible defeat. They are banking on his name. They had thrown a few examples of should have beens but they had them fight nobodies and ended up getting defeated.
What has been, or nobody beat Lesnar? Your post made absolutely NO sense.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Time Served

The problem in the UFC is that there really isn't that many big names to keep BL from a title shot.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Vikings are next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOPPS5.0
huh?

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Time Served

thats it right there!! they are banking on his name so they dont want what happened to cro cop to happen to him! if they can get him some good wins then they can kind of justify his shot before he loses. they want him to get a title shot and really and truely who else should get a title shot in that division? mir has had one fight back and hes up there? herring would have prob been the closest but he just got beat by lesnar! its a weak weight class and brock is one of the biggest names!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris
What has been, or nobody beat Lesnar? Your post made absolutely NO sense.
It makes perfect sense......... but let me try to clarify

The UFC said that they didnt want Brock having to many fights before he got a title shot because they didnt want to risk Brock losing during a supposed " nothing / warm up " fight.
The part that I said they threw out some shoud have beens..... I was saying that they gave examples of other fighters that were supposed to become big names in the sport, but got beat in fights that they should have easily won. I just couldnt remember the names they tossed out there in the examples.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:29 AM
We lost one.....

You know my money will be on Stevenson.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
thats it right there!! they are banking on his name so they dont want what happened to cro cop to happen to him! if they can get him some good wins then they can kind of justify his shot before he loses. they want him to get a title shot and really and truely who else should get a title shot in that division? mir has had one fight back and hes up there? herring would have prob been the closest but he just got beat by lesnar! its a weak weight class and brock is one of the biggest names!
Do you just pull shit out of our ass all the time?

Mir has had 5 fights since his wreck in 2004, and lost the first one due to being completely out of shape, then lost his third fight back to Brandon Vera.

Don't forget that before Mir's wreck he was the Heavyweight champ. He beat Tim Sylvia for the title. And up until his wreck he only had one loss to Ian Freeman back in 2002.

Mir is still 11-3 with only two fights going to decision, and one DQ of Wes Sims, who Mir beat 6 months later at a rematch.

As for Herring, why would he be next before his loss to Lesnar?
He's 28-14, and now 2-3 since coming to UFC. Only one win worth mentioning, and that was over Cheick Kongo. Brad Imes definately isn't worth talking about.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Lifer

If anyone can capitalize on Lesnar's mistakes, it will be Big Nog! Lesnar is a monster but he doesn't know how to finish a fight.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:00 AM
wishin i had a fast car

i think they were saying that if he lost the last fight that they not going to keep his contract. but he won so now he is a contender for the title?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Vikings are next!

Lesnar showed what he's really about after acting like a complete fuckstick after he beat herring..no class at all..

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Your Daddy

lesnar vs kongo next.

even if he wins, they wont give him a title shot that fast.. He can't even beat Gonzaga or Verdum, much less Big Nog.

Lesnar needs some more fights before stepping up to the big dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement