Anyone play flag football? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Anyone play flag football?

I bought a house in Plano and a few of my friends wanted to play in a flag football league. Do any of you play? If so where and how much does it run?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
I bought a house in Plano and a few of my friends wanted to play in a flag football league.
That's like two complete sentences about two different subjects. LMFAO!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

I play in a league in Fort worth at Gateway Park. I think it is around $400-$500 a team. Not sure though. I just pay our team captain my portion and go play.

It's actually really fun and really competitive.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Lifer

<---- tackle only
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Out

Actually, adult flag football is fun as shit! All you gotta be is fast.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 10:21 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
That's why I hate that shit!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 10:43 AM

there is a league in plano the play off of legacy and preston on saturday mornings. also one that rotates sites but main is in the colony. there is an indoor league at www.americanindoorsports.com which is in carrollton.
there is a 4on4 tournament in november at the colony sit that runs about $150 and your guaranteed 3 games and a t shirt with chance to go to regionals and nationals.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
That's like two complete sentences about two different subjects. LMFAO!
I meant to add that I am new to the area and would like to play in a league near Plano.

Let me know if any of you play in any leagues in Plano, Dallas, or Farmers Branch and how it is. thanks
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay
there is a league in plano the play off of legacy and preston on saturday mornings. also one that rotates sites but main is in the colony. there is an indoor league at www.americanindoorsports.com which is in carrollton.
there is a 4on4 tournament in november at the colony sit that runs about $150 and your guaranteed 3 games and a t shirt with chance to go to regionals and nationals.
Thank you, that is very helpful!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Lifer

I used to play back in the Army. It's a pretty cool sport, definitely a good time. I'm not familiar with any of the leagues up north (Plano, Frisco etc) but there are a few leagues in the mid-cities/Ft worth/Arlington area.

Also a lot of community colleges have leagues.

--wes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:25 PM
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
more info on the mid-cities leagues???

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Doing things the lazy way

Quote:
are u serious its the most pussiest sport ever, put some pads on and hit someone
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie&clyde
are u serious its the most pussiest sport ever, put some pads on and hit someone
Don't be Mr. Macho. Everyone who has played football would love to play a tackle league. Fact is, there are no leagues to play in......

Flag is easy to find leagues all over the place. More of a convience than anything. And although it is a pussy non contact league, it's still football. As we get older it just seems guys still think they can play tackle football and be fine. Most would be so injured they wouldn't be able to work, lol.

Not to metnion the MAJORITY, (I said majority..... not ALL for you fags who will try to flame me here.....) of guys who wanna play tackle ball are old and slow now, just bigger than most guys. They think landing that one big hit makes them cool. fact is if they had any game what so ever they would just shut up and go play a flag league. the only people I ever see complaining in out flag league is the slow big guys who keep saying..... "You're lucky this isn't tackle" As I fly by them......

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
Don't be Mr. Macho. Everyone who has palyed football woudl love to play a tackle league. Fact is, there are no leagues to play in......

Flag is easy to find leagues all over the place. More of a convience than anything. And although it is a pussy non contact league, it's still football. As we get older it just seems guys still think they can play tackle football and be fine. Most would be so injured they wouldn't be able to work, lol.
really www.txseminoles.com tryouts are at the end of the month now lets see how many step up
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 02:17 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Not to metnion the MAJORITY, (I said majority..... not ALL for you fags who will try to flame me here.....) of guys who wanna play tackle ball are old and slow now, just bigger than most guys. They think landing that one big hit makes them cool. fact is if they had any game what so ever they would just shut up and go play a flag league. the only people I ever see complaining in out flag league is the slow big guys who keep saying..... "You're lucky this isn't tackle" As I fly by them......

You are right about some of what you say, but so are those big guys when they tell you that.

It's two totally different sports. Tackle football, especially full-field, 11-on-11 has a place for big, slower guys and a place for fast guys. Flag football is primarily for guys that can run, no doubt about it. That's why the bigger guys you play with are saying that. It's true. I damn sure wouldn't want to play flag for that reason. More power to you guys that can run around all day like that. But get your ass in a full-fledged 11/11 full contact game with NFL rules and you might find yourself at a disadvantage, especially if you want to play line.

Not knocking flag football, just saying that it is a totally different sport than tackle football.

So just like you know some of these big, older linemen types couldn't hang running around the field all day, it's probably safe to say that you wouldn't want to put on pads and line up across from them between the tackles.

For what it's worth, you're right about injuries, although I'm sure I'd hurt myself (knees) just as quickly playing flag.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
You are right about some of what you say, but so are those big guys when they tell you that.

It's two totally different sports. Tackle football, especially full-field, 11-on-11 has a place for big, slower guys and a place for fast guys. Flag football is primarily for guys that can run, no doubt about it. That's why the bigger guys you play with are saying that. It's true. I damn sure wouldn't want to play flag for that reason. More power to you guys that can run around all day like that. But get your ass in a full-fledged 11/11 full contact game with NFL rules and you might find yourself at a disadvantage, especially if you want to play line.

Not knocking flag football, just saying that it is a totally different sport than tackle football.

So just like you know some of these big, older linemen types couldn't hang running around the field all day, it's probably safe to say that you wouldn't want to put on pads and line up across from them between the tackles.

For what it's worth, you're right about injuries, although I'm sure I'd hurt myself (knees) just as quickly playing flag.

I agree with everything you said. I am a small guy at 6'1" and 195lbs. I would get crushed playing a lineman, lol.

The flag league was my first time to play last season. It is UNREAL how hard it was to adjust to. The QB has less time than in the NFL to throw the ball. Defenders can rush on the snap and there is no blocking. You can stand infront of a rusher, but you can't use your arms to block. It sucks. There is a strategy to it that is definetly not that of a real 11 on 11 gameplan.
You can not flag guard and I was called for that a ton. When I run with the ball I am use to moving and cutting and using my free hand to push away other hands or people. That is a huge penalty in Flag football. I literally run with my arms up now when people get close to me, lol.

When I get our schedule I will post up and anyone can come watch the games and see how it is. All in all it is competitive and fun and that is why we do it.
I don't cinsider myslef a blazing fast guy, but I am not slow. I get left in the dust a lot in the league. Thanks God for Zone defense

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I agree with everything you said. I am a small guy at 6'1" and 195lbs. I would get crushed playing a lineman, lol.

The flag league was my first time to play last season. It is UNREAL how hard it was to adjust to. The QB has less time than in the NFL to throw the ball. Defenders can rush on the snap and there is no blocking. You can stand infront of a rusher, but you can't use your arms to block. It sucks. There is a strategy to it that is definetly not that of a real 11 on 11 gameplan.
You can not flag guard and I was called for that a ton. When I run with the ball I am use to moving and cutting and using my free hand to push away other hands or people. That is a huge penalty in Flag football. I literally run with my arms up now when people get close to me, lol.

When I get our schedule I will post up and anyone can come watch the games and see how it is. All in all it is competitive and fun and that is why we do it.
I don't cinsider myslef a blazing fast guy, but I am not slow. I get left in the dust a lot in the league. Thanks God for Zone defense
u must play in the league in allen cause in the league in the dallas area hits are allowed for flag.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie&clyde
It's called having fun when you're not allowed to hit someone.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay
Thanks for the info.. whats the league in Plano called?
I found The Colony one you were talkin about:
http://www.4on4football.com/tourinfo...rnament_id=137

Quote:
the only people I ever see complaining in out flag league is the slow big guys who keep saying..... "You're lucky this isn't tackle" As I fly by them......
LOL i agree, one of my fat friends always says that when everyone calls him slow when we play flag football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.

Last edited by unkoricky; 09-10-2008 at 08:40 PM.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Thanks for the info.. whats the league in Plano called?
I found The Colony one you were talkin about:
http://www.4on4football.com/tourinfo...rnament_id=137

http://www.plano.gov/Departments/par...orts/adult.htm

just read facts about it. starts on 16th so if you want to get in you should hurry. its through city of plano. some teams on there are really good fyi-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement