Cowboys VS Denver - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Cowboys VS Denver

The Boys seem to be having trouble on both sides of the ball..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Lifer

Yeah it's looking pretty sloppy. Defense is looking like they can't find they're head. Missing tackles, leaving huge gaps. I have faith though they'll get it together. Romo has overthrown a few guys.

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Custom User Title

I wonder how long this time the starters will play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
I wonder how long this time the starters will play?
lol looks like they need to play a little longer than the last game..
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoboogie
lol looks like they need to play a little longer than the last game..
no shit right. Denver just scored again.

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedLove
no shit right. Denver just scored again.
Hell I am kind of glad then that I am stuck at work and can not see the game.

Quote:
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Lifer

well we scored. It looks like Dallas hasn't even been playing together in practice or anything they look like garbage.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedLove
well we scored. It looks like Dallas hasn't even been playing together in practice or anything they look like garbage.
Great once the starters get off the field we score.

Quote:
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Custom Title

I was surprised Denver did as good as they did against Dallas' first string defense, and offense.

<-- go Bronco's!

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:07 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang
I was surprised Denver did as good as they did against Dallas' first string defense, and offense.

<-- go Bronco's!
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Robert Galarga

i fell asleep during the game
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

So much for "camp cupcake"!
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:

<-- go Bronco's!
To me it looked like the Broncos were playing harder while the Cowboys were playing basic. The Cowboys didn't play any blitz defense at all the whole game. I have a feeling the Cowboys are going to be playing very vanilla games in preseason like the Colts.

I wonder if this had anything to do with it, I do remember Broncos crying after last years beating

Stewart got E-mails about the blitz
12:06 AM Sun, Aug 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips
Last season the Broncos complained about the Cowboys game planning them in a preseason loss. Well, this season the Cowboys were a little basic in their defensive packages.

What does that mean, well not a lot of blitzes or press coverage. The reason is because defensive coordinator Brian Stewart got some e-mails from opposing offensive coordinators saying he broke a code of conduct for the preseason.

"I talked to Stew and last year we got after those guys and blitzed them a lot," linebacker Bradie James said. "He said that he got some E-mail from some offensive coordinators saying this must be you're first time being an defensive coordinator because you broke the etiquette of just playing vanilla. We did a lot of base stuff. I would have loved to really get after them. But we played what was called."

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticX
To me it looked like the Broncos were playing harder while the Cowboys were playing basic. The Cowboys didn't play any blitz defense at all the whole game. I have a feeling the Cowboys are going to be playing very vanilla games in preseason like the Colts.

I wonder if this had anything to do with it, I do remember Broncos crying after last years beating

Stewart got E-mails about the blitz
12:06 AM Sun, Aug 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips
Last season the Broncos complained about the Cowboys game planning them in a preseason loss. Well, this season the Cowboys were a little basic in their defensive packages.

What does that mean, well not a lot of blitzes or press coverage. The reason is because defensive coordinator Brian Stewart got some e-mails from opposing offensive coordinators saying he broke a code of conduct for the preseason.

"I talked to Stew and last year we got after those guys and blitzed them a lot," linebacker Bradie James said. "He said that he got some E-mail from some offensive coordinators saying this must be you're first time being an defensive coordinator because you broke the etiquette of just playing vanilla. We did a lot of base stuff. I would have loved to really get after them. But we played what was called."
While that might be true, it is pretty much the same on both sides of the ball, pretty much all teams play a vanilla game plan to evaluate players.

Denver just executed the vanilla plays better!

LOL Geor!, now we just need to kick some Patriots ass!

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Lifer

The cowboys are overrated.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
While that might be true, it is pretty much the same on both sides of the ball, pretty much all teams play a vanilla game plan to evaluate players.

Denver just executed the vanilla plays better!

LOL Geor!, now we just need to kick some Patriots ass!
Hey I like the Broncos as I have Family in Denver but Denver stacked 8 in the box and sometimes blitzed the safties, and they also played the 1st string offense well after Dallas took theres out so it wasn't that vanilla for Denver but none the less pre season sucks, ready for some real football

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 11:44 AM
T-MINUS

The curse of Wade Phillips is coming into Big D!
He took a Super Bowl team in the Broncos and thrust them to a .500 record in his time at Denver. Same with Buffalo.

Now the Cowboys. You guys better start cheering for the Eagles or Redskins

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
The curse of Wade Phillips is coming into Big D!
He took a Super Bowl team in the Broncos and thrust them to a .500 record in his time at Denver. Same with Buffalo.

Now the Cowboys. You guys better start cheering for the Eagles or Redskins

*IF* that were to happen, Wade would be fired before the team gets halfway there.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 AM
T-MINUS

Damage is already done by that point.

Denver went 9-7 and 7-9 with Phillips and the following year under Shanahan they went 8-8, then went on to 13-3 and 12-4 (super bowl victory).

If they fire Phillips now, they'll be in the SB next year.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Lifer

There was a penalty every down.

Refs were calling this game a "little bit" tight. Sucked.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Time Served

i'd say the highlight players were zach thomas, felix jones again, and miles austin. it was also good to see pacman play alot better than last week.

Denver looked like they wanted it more than dallas, dallas looked real tired. being non game ready has to go on the coach. having that been said im not going have a knee jerk reaction yet. it is the preseason. a good remedy for dallas is houston this friday at home.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Rice User

Hail Skins!
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Resident Epicurean

No fucking excuses for being tired. It's camp fucking cupcake for crying out loud.

More importantly, no excuses for stupid penalties. It's good to know the coaching staff hasn't done a single fucking thing to address the retarded penalties. That's what irritates me the most. I don't care about the loss. I don't care that the starters looked like the fucking Dolphins in this game. I care that fat fucking Flozell still hasn't learned not to jump. I care that the DB squad still hasn't figured out what is pass interference, and what isn't.

Granted, this is a very young team. And mistakes are going to happen with the young guys. It's the vets making the same stupid mistakes they've made their entire career, that drives me up a wall.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
No fucking excuses for being tired. It's camp fucking cupcake for crying out loud.

More importantly, no excuses for stupid penalties. It's good to know the coaching staff hasn't done a single fucking thing to address the retarded penalties. That's what irritates me the most. I don't care about the loss. I don't care that the starters looked like the fucking Dolphins in this game. I care that fat fucking Flozell still hasn't learned not to jump. I care that the DB squad still hasn't figured out what is pass interference, and what isn't.

Granted, this is a very young team. And mistakes are going to happen with the young guys. It's the vets making the same stupid mistakes they've made their entire career, that drives me up a wall.

Theres something to be said about the way the Refs watch the Cowboys VS any other team when even Bill Parcels couldn't stop the penalties from the Cowboys and it was said he was brought in to help curb the problem. I can understand having our share of penalties but it gets out of hand and I think Jerry Jones should address it. Denver got away with 3 blatant penalties but they let it go while they were calling everything on the Boys and some were just bad calls.

The refs after last season said they goofed on the intentional grounding call in the playoff game that was on Romo and the Ware offsides call that let the Giants receive a first down which lead to a score...how covenant

But anyways its pre-season so who cares about the score

Last edited by staticX; 08-18-2008 at 11:43 AM.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Lifer

It's fucking pre-season... Coaches are looking for things we can't even see, like situations, combinations, coverages, etc.

It's like the press writing how Favre was a success because he threw a damn TD pass Saturday night.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticX
Theres something to be said about the way the Refs watch the Cowboys VS any other team when even Bill Parcels couldn't stop the penalties from the Cowboys and it was said he was brought in to help curb the problem. I can understand having our share of penalties but it gets out of hand and I think Jerry Jones should address it. Denver got away with 3 blatant penalties but they let it go while they were calling everything on the Boys and some were just bad calls.

The refs after last season said they goofed on the intentional grounding call in the playoff game that was on Romo and the Ware offsides call that let the Giants receive a first down which lead to a score...how covenant

But anyways its pre-season so who cares about the score

Here we go....

I don't think the refs have singled out the Cowboys. You sound like a paranoid Mavericks fan. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mavs fan as well. But blaming everything on the refs is refusing to take responsibility.

Yes, I'm aware of the refs coming out and admitting they screwed the pooch on a few calls in the playoff game last year. To me, that doesn't matter. If the Cowboys had played to their ability in the first place, one or two calls wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. I didn't see any biased calls in the game on Saturday. However, I did see a blatantly obvious horse collar that anyone with two eyes could have seen. I can't remember which Dallas receiver caught it, or which defender pulled the horse collar. But the refs flat out ignored it. Even the commentators did a replay, and zoomed in and you could see his fingers under the shoulder pads.

That's about the only one sided shit I could see.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 AM
wassup gangstas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop

i dont think they really had a lot of PI calls against them last year but i can tell you they should have quite a few this year. they plan to blitz with the safetys a lot more putting the corners out 1 on 1 and any corner is taught when they are getting beat to take the penalty instead of giving up the automatic 6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement