First round of golf after my lessons..... damn I suck now! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
That's what she said!

First round of golf after my lessons..... damn I suck now!

Bascially what the instructor told me was I had a descent swing for only playing for 3 months but my grip was all wrong. It was a very strong grip (slice preventing grip) and my follow through wasn't great. She fixed that and told me I would start hitting the balls to the right. Sure as shit, I hit almost every ball to the right.

No I know there is a method to her madness, because I can feel that I am striking the ball alot better, and my swing even feels better. I just would really like to hit the ball straight.

I am open to any suggestions. I am going back to see her but it will not be for a month or so.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hatch5_0
Bascially what the instructor told me was I had a descent swing for only playing for 3 months but my grip was all wrong. It was a very strong grip (slice preventing grip) and my follow through wasn't great. She fixed that and told me I would start hitting the balls to the right. Sure as shit, I hit almost every ball to the right.

No I know there is a method to her madness, because I can feel that I am striking the ball alot better, and my swing even feels better. I just would really like to hit the ball straight.

I am open to any suggestions. I am going back to see her but it will not be for a month or so.

Thanks
A month is too long. When I played a lot, my game regressed when I took lessons, but just for a while. After working on the lesson by hitting buckets and buckets of balls, it would come back even better. Remember, it is possible to do many things wrong in a swing, but still hit the ball pretty well. When you start correcting the issues, all the other faults in the swing rear their ugly heads.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 10:20 AM
wishin i had a fast car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hatch5_0
I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks

more lessons, that is why you went in the first place. remember it will take more that one leson Tiger.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

where did you take lessons at and how much? ive been playing for a lil more then a year now and always wished i would have taken lessons to help in my weak spots...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Lifer

Your grip is by far the most important thing to get right and it is the biggest thing to help your game IMO. It is better to learn to play correctly than try and adjust your game to your slice, hook, etc.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
That's what she said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
where did you take lessons at and how much? ive been playing for a lil more then a year now and always wished i would have taken lessons to help in my weak spots...
I went out to Tierra Verde in Arlington. Amy Fox is the Pro out there that gave me the lessons. Every golf shop in the area told me to go see her because she was the best. My girlfriends brother and dad went to see her as well. She even works with a few of the LPGA players on tour. She was very easy to understand and it was very helpful except for this damn slice I have now. All she needed to do was to see me hit one ball and she knew what the problem was. She took me in her studio that had cameras and worked with me for 30 minutes. It was really cool to see myself on video.

I have her number in my truck, if you want it just let me know.

http://www.arlingtongolf.com/Default.aspx?tabid=81
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
Go to the PGA superstore in plano or frisco. That is where I took my lessons and they are 45 dollars a hr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement