Penn Vs St. Pierre 2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Penn Vs St. Pierre 2

If he beats fitch this could be very realitic imho.What do you mma experts think?

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Rumor:-BJ...-Dec-27th.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Time Served

who would go to who's weight class? that would determine who has the advantage. Penn hasn't fought in that class for a while?

I wuold like to see Wanderlei get a rematch with Chuck L.(consideering chuck beat Wanderlei, then Keith beat Chuck and Wanderlei KILLED Keith) and the winner get to fight Anderson Silva and the winner of that get Forrest!!!
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordboy91
who would go to who's weight class? that would determine who has the advantage. Penn hasn't fought in that class for a while?

I wuold like to see Wanderlei get a rematch with Chuck L.(consideering chuck beat Wanderlei, then Keith beat Chuck and Wanderlei KILLED Keith) and the winner get to fight Anderson Silva and the winner of that get Forrest!!!
they would fight at 170.

its kinda hard to make fights on who beat who, wandy knocked out rampage twice, rampage beat chuck twice and chuck beat wandy. Keith beat forrest and chuck then lost too wandy.

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Lifer

Don't sleep on Fitch....he could easily pull the upset.

--wes
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman
Don't sleep on Fitch....he could easily pull the upset.

--wes
X2 i wouldn't put him aside hes not a contender for nothing.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Time Served

fich imo will take this one! and its a shame bc i would like all the hype with champ vs champ when bj take on gsp! but thats just what i think! it could land either way with those two! they are both very athletic and smart!

but ive never really been too impressed with bj i know he is good but he isnt that far away from his competitors! (better but not by much) and i think fich and gsp are right on his level should be an awsome fight if it happens!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!

Last edited by bigbirdbryan21; 08-02-2008 at 09:22 PM.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
but ive never really been too impressed with bj i know he is good but he isnt that far away from his competitors!
Hahhahaha

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:05 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
fitch imo will take this one! and its a shame bc i would like all the hype with champ vs champ when bj take on gsp! but thats just wahts i think it could land either way eith those two! they are both very athletic and smart!

but ive never really been too impressed with bj i know he is good but he isnt that far away from his competitors! (better but not by much) and i think fich and gsp are right on his level should be an awsome fight if it happens!

Please stop posting in the MMA threads.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Time Served

Fitch will be a real good opponent for GSP. I have no prediction on that fight because i think it could be closer than everyone thinks. However GSP has underated wrestling and he could very well put Fitch on his back and dominate or use his wrestling to keep it standing.

As for Penn vs Stpierre. It would be a great fight much like their first one and if Penn has his gass tank fixed he would probably take it!

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Custom User Title

I think penn would take that fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Time Served

[QUOTE=bigbirdbryan21
but ive never really been too impressed with bj i know he is good but he isnt that far away from his competitors! (better but not by much) and i think fich and gsp are right on his level should be an awsome fight if it happens![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why after everyone made a huge deal of Shawn Sherk's conditioning routine and almost no mention of a conditioning routine for BJ and Shawn just couldn't keep up when they fought. It really seems like BJ just can't put a gap between him and his opponents!
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordboy91
Yeah, that's why after everyone made a huge deal of Shawn Sherk's conditioning routine and almost no mention of a conditioning routine for BJ and Shawn just couldn't keep up when they fought. It really seems like BJ just can't put a gap between him and his opponents!

just never been impressed, the guy has talent but he doesnt train hard enough! doesnt care! he says he does now and has changed but i still doubt it! he will have to prove it!

any natural athlete can compete well but it takes more to be great!

and conditioning was not the reason shawn lost to bj the gap between those two fighters is arm length and stand up skills!

and JKD... [email protected]*k you!! i didnt know i was on here talking to the great mma experts like ur selF!! just giving my opinion!! you watch tv and join a gym and suddenly YOU KNOW EVERYTHING about the sport!

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 03:21 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
just never been impressed, the guy has talent but he doesnt train hard enough! doesnt care! he says he does now and has changed but i still doubt it! he will have to prove it!

any natural athlete can compete well but it takes more to be great!

and conditioning was not the reason shawn lost to bj the gap between those two fighters is arm length and stand up skills!

and JKD... [email protected]*k you!! i didnt know i was on here talking to the great mma experts like ur selF!! just giving my opinion!! you watch tv and join a gym and suddenly YOU KNOW EVERYTHING about the sport!

Go fuck your mother you ignorant piece of shit. Your typing is bad enough to deal with, but then throw in your complete lack of common sense it's enough to drive anyone to the edge. If your posts are any indication of your martial arts skills, it's obvious you've been hit in the head way too many times.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Lifer

lol...well this one has certainly taken an interesting turn

--wes
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Time Served

lack of common sence? wtf? lol umm... okay what ever bc my thoughts about a fighter differ from yours cause im not using common sence? my perception of the guy has nothing to do with common sense dip shit! and okay i cant type great! i dont sit on the damn cpu all day fucking off (not that thats a bad thing to do) just i got alot of other shit to do!

i dont like penn and i think the fights would be good if/whoever fights him bc both gsp and fitch are good fighters and i think they can both take him!

gsp has beat him before and everyone laughs when i say he can do it again? wtf?

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Go fuck your mother you ignorant piece of shit. Your typing is bad enough to deal with, but then throw in your complete lack of common sense it's enough to drive anyone to the edge. If your posts are any indication of your martial arts skills, it's obvious you've been hit in the head way too many times.
Damn you guys are rough!! ha ha

I need to stop betting with Silvercobra03 because I keep losing.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I got $20 on JKD and have popcorn to share. Maybe another armbar, A knockout. Only Steve knows hahahahahahaha. What kind of martial arts does bbb do?

Edit:http://www.americanfightleague.com/ssp/fighters?bio=57
Is this you? If so, bwahhaahahahahahahahaha.

Last edited by 11sec4eyes; 08-04-2008 at 01:31 AM.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Lifer

Penn is waay to sloppy at 170 to handle GSP, he needs to stay where he is to keep his pretty face intact. JKD, don't forget about our umm arrangement on GSP vs Penn.

GSP vs. Fitch is a toss up, my two favorite fighters are now going to be face to face. Fitch has it in him no doubt. We shall see
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Very Interesting

Some of you guys are crazy...

Penn is a lot closer to his natural weight at 155. Stepping up to 170 isn't that big of a stretch, nor does it put him "sloppy".

He was the first non-Brazilian to win a gold medal in the Black Belt division of the Mundail World Jiu-Jitsu Championships at 21 years old. At 25 he submitted Matt Hughes to win the welterweight title.

Penn admitted to a lack of motivation for training is what set him back, his weight was fluctuating, he was more interested in sitting on the beach all day, rather than training. He was at a point in his life where the most important things to BJ Penn were taking it easy, Hawaiian style.

Penn even faught at Heavyweight at one point because he didn't want to fight the 155lb class again, and took any fights outside that weight class offered to him.

It was the offer for a rematch against Pulver that motivated Penn to get back in the 155lb class. After punishing Pulver, BJ set his sights on the title.

BJ has said many times that his only reason for ever fighting MMA was to hold the welterweight title.

Penn is the second person in UFC to ever hold two different weight class titles, next to Randy Couture.

I think we're seeing a completely different Penn as of late, and I like it. He's motivated to train, he's dedicated to fighting again. No doubt, anyone who squares up with Penn is in for a ride of a lifetime.

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt

Penn is a lot closer to his natural weight at 155. Stepping up to 170 isn't that big of a stretch, nor does it put him "sloppy".

He was the first non-Brazilian to win a gold medal in the Black Belt division of the Mundail World Jiu-Jitsu Championships at 21 years old. At 25 he submitted Matt Hughes to win the welterweight title.

Penn admitted to a lack of motivation for training is what set him back, his weight was fluctuating, he was more interested in sitting on the beach all day, rather than training. He was at a point in his life where the most important things to BJ Penn were taking it easy, Hawaiian style.

Penn even faught at Heavyweight at one point because he didn't want to fight the 155lb class again, and took any fights outside that weight class offered to him.

It was the offer for a rematch against Pulver that motivated Penn to get back in the 155lb class. After punishing Pulver, BJ set his sights on the title.

BJ has said many times that his only reason for ever fighting MMA was to hold the welterweight title.

Penn is the second person in UFC to ever hold two different weight class titles, next to Randy Couture.

I think we're seeing a completely different Penn as of late, and I like it. He's motivated to train, he's dedicated to fighting again. No doubt, anyone who squares up with Penn is in for a ride of a lifetime.

Matt, as usual you are the voice of reason and logic. Well said sir and I agree a 10000%

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Yea Im fat, but ur ugly!

GSP is going to take it but bearly.... Bj Penn is pound for pound badass!!! Brock is going to get hammered and I cant wait to see Roger Huerta beat the crap out of, I cant remeber his name....
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Very Interesting

I dunno if Herring is going to be able to take Lesnar. Herring never has faired well against wrestlers. But I'm still pulling for him.

My picks for this fight:

GSP over Fitch - Decision
Herring over Lesnar - Knockout/TKO
Huerta over Florian - Decision/TKO
Gamburyan over Emerson - Decision
MacDonald over Maia - Sub/TKO
McCrory over Cummmo - Sub/TKO
Kongo over Evensen - Decision

post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
I dunno if Herring is going to be able to take Lesnar. Herring never has faired well against wrestlers. But I'm still pulling for him.

My picks for this fight:

GSP over Fitch - Decision
Herring over Lesnar - Knockout/TKO
Huerta over Florian - Decision/TKO
Gamburyan over Emerson - Decision
MacDonald over Maia - Sub/TKO
McCrory over Cummmo - Sub/TKO
Kongo over Evensen - Decision

Looks good but I dont think Mac will sub Maia. I see it the other way around.
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11sec4eyes
I got $20 on JKD and have popcorn to share. Maybe another armbar, A knockout. Only Steve knows hahahahahahaha. What kind of martial arts does bbb do?

Edit:http://www.americanfightleague.com/ssp/fighters?bio=57
Is this you? If so, bwahhaahahahahahahahaha.

umm...no thats not me!! lol im in the heavy and ive been a muay thai fighter for the past 4 yrs. now

n-e-ways!

okay, bj has accomplishments in bjj no doubt and he is talented (hes proven that) but ive met the guy, he is arrogant and i dont like him! it was two yrs. ago and he might have changed but he will have to prove it. and my money is with brock also!

post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Looks good but I dont think Mac will sub Maia. I see it the other way around.

Agreed....and I also think Florian stops Huerta, one of those elbows will cut Huerta up and the fight will be stopped.

--wes
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Time Served

i cant decide with that fight those are two of my fav fighters both are tuff!!but Huerta i think will have the belt very soon!!

post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
umm...no thats not me!! lol im in the heavy and ive been a muay thai fighter for the past 4 yrs. now

n-e-ways!

okay, bj has accomplishments in bjj no doubt and he is talented (hes proven that) but ive met the guy, he is arrogant and i dont like him! it was two yrs. ago and he might have changed but he will have to prove it. and my money is with brock also!

i know lets base our opinion of someone fighting skills on having met them and thinking they are arrogant.... Yea makes perfect sense, i dont like the guy so he will lose... it usually doesnt work that way

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SilverGT
i know lets base our opinion of someone fighting skills on having met them and thinking they are arrogant.... Yea makes perfect sense, i dont like the guy so he will lose... it usually doesnt work that way

You're tryin to argue common sense with someone does not have it.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Time Served

agreed! sorry not saying thats why he will lose just saying i dont like him! i honestly think gsp is better than penn! reasons: penn is better on the mat but gsp has better hands and kicks as well as wrestling!
the last fighters penn has won against all have been smaller than him!
gsp and fitch are both bigger in size and height, that jab that worked so well on sherk will not be as effective against either one of these guys!
why is that so important?
well bc bj uses that jab in every fight against wrestlers (hughes, gsp, sherk), all of which would over power and out wrestle him.
if bj wins against either one of these guys it will be by submission and fitch is pretty good on the ground.
so... those are the reasons i think he will lose not bc he is an ass hole. (sorry didnt explain)

JKD?? common sence?? really? come on now!

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
agreed! sorry not saying thats why he will lose just saying i dont like him! i honestly think gsp is better than penn! reasons: penn is better on the mat but gsp has better hands and kicks as well as wrestling!
the last fighters penn has won against all have been smaller than him!
gsp and fitch are both bigger in size and height, that jab that worked so well on sherk will not be as effective against either one of these guys!
why is that so important?
well bc bj uses that jab in every fight against wrestlers (hughes, gsp, sherk), all of which would over power and out wrestle him.
if bj wins against either one of these guys it will be by submission and fitch is pretty good on the ground.
so... those are the reasons i think he will lose not bc he is an ass hole. (sorry didnt explain)

JKD?? common sence?? really? come on now!

It's common SENSE you idiot. Anyone with any common SENSE, knows that this level whomever makes the first mistake for the other to capiltalize on will win. These guys can fight ten times a year and it would have a different outcome each and everytime. Feel free to root for whom you choose to, but to say who is better at this or that when discussing champions at such a high level is retarded.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Time Served

WRONG!!! buddy thats not how it works! i do agree anyone CAN win, but put two professionals in the ring/cage and its who ever can execute what they are good at and expose and take advantage of what the other person isnt! mistakes are what happens when someone gets KTFO!! losing is when someone beats you at a fight!

you must be a bjj guy bc that sounds like some bull shit they teach you in bjj! when your in a grapple or sub tourny then yeah its about who fucks up first but this is a fight! you do what your good at!

so common sence?? NO its not at all! its knowledge of fighting and you sir obviously have none or have been mislead!!

bash on my typing skills all ya want dude but i know what im talking about ive done this for a while!!

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
WRONG!!! buddy thats not how it works! i do agree anyone CAN win, but put two professionals in the ring/cage and its who ever can execute what they are good at and expose and take advantage of what the other person isnt! mistakes are what happens when someone gets KTFO!! losing is when someone beats you at a fight!

you must be a bjj guy bc that sounds like some bull shit they teach you in bjj! when your in a grapple or sub tourny then yeah its about who fucks up first but this is a fight! you do what your good at!

so common sence?? NO its not at all! its knowledge of fighting and you sir obviously have none or have been mislead!!

bash on my typing skills all ya want dude but i know what im talking about ive done this for a while!!

LMFAO!

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:

Care to give me some lessons through your vast knowledge? We could GTG for a workout and you could educate me on your point of view. I can share the we bit of knowledge I have.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I just look at what i've seen him do at 170. He was sloppy and out of gas in the second round and got dominated by a washed up Hughes. If history repeats itself he will lose motivation and you can NOT come to fight GSP like that.... IMO
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Care to give me some lessons through your vast knowledge? We could GTG for a workout and you could educate me on your point of view. I can share the we bit of knowledge I have.
lol im just letting ya know FROM EXPERIENCE what i know and have learned so....??

and id love to come work out sometime where ya train? and in what?

really interested argument aside!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement