well shit what do those boys need to address

this off season and draft

1 cut roy

2 sign key F.A. to fill holes

3 draft do not trade our 2 first rounders for mcfadden

2008 5.7 Tundra

2001 Ford Lightning Sold

2003 GT Sold

Last edited by TATOM MACK; 01-13-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 10:22 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Exclamation

4.) Tony needs to get laid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Fear the Stashe

1. so what did Roy cause us in tonights game?...yeah nothing

2. what fa do you want?
I can only see us tryin to make our Wr core younger is Benard Berrian and
making our secondary better by gettin Drayton Florence ..

3. of course we wont take McFadden as much as we want him... MBIII showed he can carry the load(Julius Jones has already quoted he doesnt wanna be here and we will draft or sign someone next season)

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Lifer

teach Adams not to false start all the time

Teach the center not to either play soft toss with the snap, or to snap a ball over the QBs head

Learn to use your head during the game like not face masking a guy when hes going out of bounds, or not to jump on people when they arent in the play to get 15yd roughing calls and that doesnt just go for this game but several others.

If Crayton wants to talk smack all the time he needs to catch the ball when its a perfect throw in a big time situation.

Get a real cover safety
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

1)cut roy and get a real cover safety( i know its been said but damn we get burnt with him way to much!)
2)KEEP garret!
3) get rid of jj and his not wanting to be in dallas ass, i dont think hes that great anyways. obviously pick up another back for a two headed attack.
4) teach the damn wide receivers to catch the ball if it is at all possible.
5)i think we need to draft a new rookie wr sumthing quick and good that will give us another threat deep!
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSS
teach Adams not to false start all the time

Teach the center not to either play soft toss with the snap, or to snap a ball over the QBs head

Learn to use your head during the game like not face masking a guy when hes going out of bounds, or not to jump on people when they arent in the play to get 15yd roughing calls and that doesnt just go for this game but several others.

If Crayton wants to talk smack all the time he needs to catch the ball when its a perfect throw in a big time situation.

Get a real cover safety
That about sums it up. I don't think this team has any gaping holes, they just need to take their head out of their asses. This loss wasn't caused by bad play, it was caused by dumbass mistakes.

I think if anything, the Cowboys need a better 3rd CB than fucking J Reeves, the whole Roy Williams thing needs to be addressed, and they need to get younger at WR.

post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
4.) Tony needs to get laid.
You or Romo?
I know, I know, I'm one to talk.

n/a
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 07:11 AM
T-MINUS

They need a solid center that will be all over Adams ass to not jump.
I'm sure they could get a draft choice for Williams. That or have him throw on 35lbs and move up to linebacker.
Coaching. The biggest complaint about Phillips when he was in Denver was his fear of taking chances and going conservative at the wrong time. It looked to be addressed during the first 14 games of the season.
Make JJ a back up punter.
Get Romo a brunette. The blondes confuse him.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Lifer

They need to get younger and better at WR. Donte Stallworth is probably gonna be available, and he is a helluva lot better than No-Hands Crayton. Also need to draft a good young wide-receiver or two. Trade Crayton, trade Roy Williams, and get some more picks. Also, Marcus Trufant is probably available as well. Move Henry to safety with Hamlin. That puts Newman and Trufant as your CBs, Hamling and Henry as safeties. And we need a solid, SOLID nickel back/3rd corner. Jacques Reeves can not cover. He had some decent games throughout the year, but he gets burned at least twice a game. Offensively, we need another solid RB. The TEs are fine, the WR, see above, and the OLine needs to get their shit straight. Other than that, just can't wait till next year and see what happens
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Lifer

Need to get rid of Reeves...isn't he the most targeted CB in the league? and get rid of Roy Williams, get a better CB and another stud WR. Then get a Running back to help Barber. Get rid of the Special Teams coach. Get Jim Johnson to run the Defense

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:04 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
You or Romo?
I know, I know, I'm one to talk.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:05 AM
"Livin the good life"

ROY NEEDS TO GO........ He is by bar the worst safety in the league. He is to focused on delivering a hard hit and in return missing the whole fucking tackle. Romo did his job last night(the recievers didn't). Wrapping up is our biggest Prob.

And by the way who the fuck is J. Jones.<-------------- a fucking loser. He will forever be a backup.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Lifer

1. Cut Roy!
2. Get a tough physical corner
3. I hate Bradie James & Akin Ayodele
4. Newman & Henry are skating on thin ice..
5. Draft in this order CB, RB, WR..

Last but not least Crayton...Jerry want his money back..
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Time Served

draft a RB and a speed reciever and another CB for nickel. receiving corp is to old for the cowboys. im feeling we will get RB Felix Jones from Arkansas or RB Rashad Mendenhall from Illinios. and keep your eyes out for the reciever/special teams guy from Cal, i forgot his name. but the cowboys could use him.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATOM MACK
this off season and draft

1 cut roy (why? Dumb idea)

2 sign key F.A. to fill holes (who is going to be signed? To fill what holes?)

3 draft do not trade our 2 first rounders for mcfadden (McFadden will go in the top-5 in the draft, the Cowboys wouldn't trade their picks-2 firsts and a second, for a RB when they already have a runner of the same style in MBIII)
Can anyone that knows anything about the NFL please post up in this thread? Fuckin' retards I swear.
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Resident Epicurean

Roy won't be going anywhere. Get off his nuts already. He never has been a cover safety, and isn't about to start now. Don't know what you expected, but obviously you haven't been paying attention.
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Very Interesting

i say we move Roy to MLB, get McFadden, Barber's good, but he's no where near the back McFadden is. Work on some defensive changes, and pickup a few receivers.

Other than that, they didn't do bad this year, their problems lie in Romo. He's young, either he'll figure it out, or he'll continue to flop late in the season.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Time Served

we already have a young stud for reciever that needs to be worked on in stanback, we do need to find another corner because reeves cant cover anything, crayton is young and i dont really blame him. this game was lost by discipline, all of those penalties and stupid mistakes killed us but theyre still a fairly young team so there is hope. roy does need to shape up and return to his former self and hopefully phillips can get him to do that next season. we do need to draft at least a decent rb to back up barber and get rid of jj. theyve got to work on the offensive line with all of the false starts but in that they are still getting used to romo so that comes into effect also. if we can have a good draft and shore up our defense next year will be a good year
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
i say we move Roy to MLB, get McFadden, Barber's good, but he's no where near the back McFadden is. Work on some defensive changes, and pickup a few receivers.

Other than that, they didn't do bad this year, their problems lie in Romo. He's young, either he'll figure it out, or he'll continue to flop late in the season.
Matt, Roy is better served as an OLB than MLB with his "speed". Barber and McFadden are both going to be between the tackles runners. Getting McFadden would take too much. PIcking up a "few receivers" is tough because the Cowboys already have TO and Crayton on the books for a decent amount of money next year. I'm sure Glenn is in a contract as well. You still have Sam Hurd, who plays on special teams and made some plays in the offense with Glenn injured, and Miles Austin as 4th receivers. 2 first rounders (in the 20s) and a second will be good places to fix any of their "holes" which will be fine because you aren't going to be picking up a lot of explosive talent there in the draft anyway. Extra picks and good evaluation are the keys to building on this season, in the off-season.

But I do like that you put some thought into your "fixes".

As my girlfriend said when she read this thread, "Simple minds have simple thoughts."
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Roy won't be going anywhere. Get off his nuts already. He never has been a cover safety, and isn't about to start now. Don't know what you expected, but obviously you haven't been paying attention.
I know, I know... It really doesn't bother me that Roy can't cover, but the real problem I have with Roy is that instead of making a tackle, he is always trying to make a Sportscenter hit. He doesn't use his arms to tackle, unless he grabs someone by the back of the jersey.

I think this team will be fine next year with some changes. They still need a true #2 CB. Newman is great, and Henry is average at best. Reeves gets beat at least twice a game. IMO, they need another corner.

Offensively, I still think they need another WR. Someone speedy and shifty. I really like Donte Stallworth and supposedly, he is up for a $2mill roster bonus that some think the Pats are willing to pay, especially if they are gonna resign Moss
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
1. so what did Roy cause us in tonights game?...yeah nothing

You obviously didn't watch the game then. The first TD to Toomer was poor tackling and pretty much all Roy's fault. IF you watched it, you noticed Toomer break outside with 2 guys trying to get him down. All the meanwhile Roy is just jogging over there expecting the guys to tackle Toomer. When Toomer broke free it was already too late for Roy. He took a horrible angle and gave up on the play. That is just another reason he is a Horrible safety. Not only can he not cover, he can't tackle well at all and takes horrible angles to just about every play. It is a disgrace to the NFL he is in the all Star game..........

post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Time Served

Jesus guys. They don't need to address a thing. Maybe someone at corner, thats it! They went 13-3, probably should have been 14-2 given the Skins game. They got outplayed when it counted, period. They had a great season and nobody can take that away from them. I give the Cowboy fans hell because of all of this "We're going to the Super Bowl" shit which resulted in backfiring of epic proportions. I never thought the Giants had a chance. Hell, I was at the damn bar yesterday getting drunk and even rooting for the Boys.

1999 FRC C5
1993 LX 5.0 Coupe - sold

post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTAC25thT/A
They don't need to address a thing.

Oh but they do. As you said, they need a CB. Although, I don't know what the draft looks like in terms of a CB, nor do I know who will come up for free agency this off season.

They also NEED to get rid of J Jones. I hadn't heard that he expressed his wishes to leave Dallas. Any player, any team, that is unacceptable. I'm guessing he says he wants to go to try and save his image (which is delusional, because Jones is mediocre at best). He *can* be an explosive runner when he's got open field. His problem is that he falls over when the wind blows. But he's no star. Nothing like the Randy Moss in Oakland situation. Let him go as his contract is over this year (I think). So they will need to find another back that compliments Barber well.

I also wouldn't be torn up to see Crayton leave. He's TO in his younger days, only he doesn't have TO's talent to back his fat ass mouth up. Sam Hurd in my opinion will give the team less problems, and perform just as well. Noodles really isn't shabby.

The rest of their issues will work out with time. Romo's inexperience, chemistry of the team, Garrett's play calling, Philips coaching style, etc.
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Lifer

Cut romo and get a qb that doesnt choke in the playoffs.
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Cut romo and get a qb that doesnt choke in the playoffs.
Please explain how he choked yesterday.
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims93lx
Please explain how he choked yesterday.
well he is 0-2 in the playoffs. He fucked up the first go around and now he is to busy fucking instead of getting ready for yesterday game. So he folded under pressure, which is choking.
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Time Served

in both of those games romo should not have been in the situation that he was put in, granted an elite qb would pull them out of it but lets not forget that romo has 1 full season under his belt now. he will do nothing but get better but we need to worry about the defense more than anything so he wont be put in those situations
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
You obviously didn't watch the game then. The first TD to Toomer was poor tackling and pretty much all Roy's fault. IF you watched it, you noticed Toomer break outside with 2 guys trying to get him down. All the meanwhile Roy is just jogging over there expecting the guys to tackle Toomer. When Toomer broke free it was already too late for Roy. He took a horrible angle and gave up on the play. That is just another reason he is a Horrible safety. Not only can he not cover, he can't tackle well at all and takes horrible angles to just about every play. It is a disgrace to the NFL he is in the all Star game..........
You're an idiot... that was not Roy Williams fault... R.Williams was trailing the play after Toomer had already broken free OF THE OTHER 3 COWBOYS WHO MISSED THE TACKLE... I can't remember off the top of my head who they were but I think it was a DL, anthony henry and a LB who missed... Roy williams didn't have the angle or speed to catch a faster WR

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

1 cut roy (why? Dumb idea) why the mother fucker cant cover or tackle we couldnt trade his ass for a water boy.

2 sign key F.A. to fill holes (who is going to be signed? To fill what holes?) we need a safety duh and lbs, wr,kr my god we need alot of shit

3 draft do not trade our 2 first rounders for mcfadden (McFadden will go in the top-5 in the draft, the Cowboys wouldn't trade their picks-2 firsts and a second, for a RB when they already have a runner of the same style in MBIII)

2008 5.7 Tundra

2001 Ford Lightning Sold

2003 GT Sold
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schargedcobra97
You're an idiot... that was not Roy Williams fault... R.Williams was trailing the play after Toomer had already broken free OF THE OTHER 3 COWBOYS WHO MISSED THE TACKLE... I can't remember off the top of my head who they were but I think it was a DL, anthony henry and a LB who missed... Roy williams didn't have the angle or speed to catch a faster WR
Ellis should've had the tackle, and then henry and another LB missed.
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
"Livin the good life"

Quote:
I know, I know... It really doesn't bother me that Roy can't cover, but the real problem I have with Roy is that instead of making a tackle, he is always trying to make a Sportscenter hit. He doesn't use his arms to tackle, unless he grabs someone by the back of the jersey.

I think this team will be fine next year with some changes. They still need a true #2 CB. Newman is great, and Henry is average at best. Reeves gets beat at least twice a game. IMO, they need another corner.

Offensively, I still think they need another WR. Someone speedy and shifty. I really like Donte Stallworth and supposedly, he is up for a $2mill roster bonus that some think the Pats are willing to pay, especially if they are gonna resign Moss
If roy had any speed he wouldn't have had to dive and wouldn't have missed Toomer forthe 52 yard td. Roy is confused. They need to line him up on the line and tell him his only job is to rush the QB
post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
Matt, Roy is better served as an OLB than MLB with his "speed". Barber and McFadden are both going to be between the tackles runners. Getting McFadden would take too much. PIcking up a "few receivers" is tough because the Cowboys already have TO and Crayton on the books for a decent amount of money next year. I'm sure Glenn is in a contract as well. You still have Sam Hurd, who plays on special teams and made some plays in the offense with Glenn injured, and Miles Austin as 4th receivers. 2 first rounders (in the 20s) and a second will be good places to fix any of their "holes" which will be fine because you aren't going to be picking up a lot of explosive talent there in the draft anyway. Extra picks and good evaluation are the keys to building on this season, in the off-season.

But I do like that you put some thought into your "fixes".

As my girlfriend said when she read this thread, "Simple minds have simple thoughts."

you are fuckin dumb roy cant play lb lineman will run his ass over. pics of the girlfriend to prove she is not a fatt ass.

2008 5.7 Tundra

2001 Ford Lightning Sold

2003 GT Sold
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkscorpion80
If roy had any speed he wouldn't have had to dive and wouldn't have missed Toomer forthe 52 yard td. Roy is confused. They need to line him up on the line and tell him his only job is to rush the QB
what us wrong with you people.. why do some of you continue to ignore the 3 cowboy players who missed the sure tackle... again roy was nor did he need to be in position to make the tackle... that's like saying well why didn't T. Newman catch Toomer.. im not defending Roy just that one play

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Lifer

We won't have a problem with JJ going (unrestricted free agaent).
MBIII is another story I hope Jones resigns him, but I think they will let him play the market first (restricted free agent so they'll get a draft pick depending on what kinda money he gets offered). I think they'll see what kinda pick they would get and go from there. IMO
Flozell probably will not be resigned (his contract is up from what I heard on the news).
They need atleast a 3rd CB (I think they need to replace atleast one of the starters myself).

They won't do anything about the recievers situation (Too much money tied up in them now).

92 5.0 LX hatch

post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I'm more basic that that...

Defense - Learn to fucking tackle
Offense - Protect your quarterback, don't drop passes, Romo stop getting frustrated and yelling at your offense. You are the leader, act like one.
Team - Stop committing fucking penalties
ST - Do something, anything, where is Avezzano when you need him?

Team has a shit load of talent. One day they'll realize it and play together.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
well he is 0-2 in the playoffs. He fucked up the first go around and now he is to busy fucking instead of getting ready for yesterday game. So he folded under pressure, which is choking.
Based on that theory, there are alot of great QBs that are chokers. You can't put this loss squarely on Romo. How successful can a guy be when he is running for his life for half the game? Jeez, tap the brake there, bud
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:21 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs94formula
Flozell probably will not be resigned (his contract is up from what I heard on the news).
You can count on Flozell for a couple of offsides penalties every single game, and that's frustrating. BUT, he's still one of the best tackles in the league. Hopefully he won't be going anywhere.

I think they need to keep Barber too. Drafting talent is always tricky. Some guys get into the league and don't do shit. Barber's proven that he's a good back, and I think he will get even better as the starter.
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Lifer

1)Stop the arm tackles
2)Stop dropping easy catches
3)Stop stupid penalties

Pretty simple, and keep the same players.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I'm more basic that that...

Defense - Learn to fucking tackle
Offense - Protect your quarterback, don't drop passes, Romo stop getting frustrated and yelling at your offense. You are the leader, act like one.
Team - Stop committing fucking penalties
ST - Do something, anything, where is Avezzano when you need him?

Team has a shit load of talent. One day they'll realize it and play together.
I agree with most of this. The defense needs to work on tackling. The line needs to be more consistent. The receivers have dropped a lot of balls this year. Penalties killed the team yesterday. They need a dangerous return threat.

I'm cool with Romo yelling at the offense, though. He needs to step into and hold onto the leader/alpha dog role, and sometimes they need to be yelled at. The smiling is only cute when they're kicking ass. Phillips won't yell at the offense. Garrett doesn't come off as a disciplinarian, either. Romo needs to crack the whip.
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Mcfadden? Some of you are smoking the crack. Not gonna happen. Draft is not deep enough for anyone to take a bunch of picks for the best player in the draft.
Crayton? you just signed him to what, 14 million? Yea, he's not going anywhere.
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Mcfadden? Some of you are smoking the crack. Not gonna happen. Draft is not deep enough for anyone to take a bunch of picks for the best player in the draft.

RB is stacked pretty deep this year. Jerry wants him pretty badly, but I don't think we need him. If we get him, great. If not, no big deal.

Quote:
Crayton? you just signed him to what, 14 million? Yea, he's not going anywhere.
I didn't say he was going anywhere. Just that I wouldn't be torn up over it if he did....
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
RB is stacked pretty deep this year. Jerry wants him pretty badly, but I don't think we need him. If we get him, great. If not, no big deal.

I didn't say he was going anywhere. Just that I wouldn't be torn up over it if he did....
1. Too many teams with the top picks need a McFadden. Dallas would literally have to give up the farm, and I don't think jerry is that stupid.
2. Crayton-I was talking to jims93lx when he said "trade him".
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Time Served

Quote:
How successful can a guy be when he is running for his life for half the game?
Get out of the pocket (tackle box) and throw the ball away....don't take a 14 yard loss like he did a few times yesterday. That put them in some bad positions.
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyz R Us
Get out of the pocket (tackle box) and throw the ball away....don't take a 14 yard loss like he did a few times yesterday. That put them in some bad positions.
easier said than done, sometimes... a couple of those times, he had nowhere to go..einstein
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
1. Too many teams with the top picks need a McFadden. Dallas would literally have to give up the farm, and I don't think jerry is that stupid.
2. Crayton-I was talking to jims93lx when he said "trade him".
Then cut him and take the loss. I know, that ain't gonna happen. He just runs his mouth too much and doesn't do a lot to back it up. IMO, he, PERSONALLY, left two TDs on the field yesterday, and this game should have never been in doubt because of that.
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Jerry's made some less than desirable decisions as an owner. And when he wants something pretty badly, he tends to do everything he can to get it. Plus there's the whole alma mater thing. Also, never say never when it comes to Jerry Jones.

I think it'd be pretty dumb to give away the farm to get him, when we need some slight attention to other positions. Then if he ended up flopping (not saying he would, but there's always that chance), we'd be stuck in a high dollar contract for a worthless back, and wouldn't have the cap room to address any other positions. Wouldn't be able to trade him for anything valuable, etc. He'd never hear the end of it. We really need a total shutdown corner, but I don't know who we have on the roster to trade (+picks) for it to be a fair deal for everyone.
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Time Served

Quote:
easier said than done, sometimes... a couple of those times, he had nowhere to go..einstein
When he had no where to go, he should have THREW IT OUT OF BOUNDS!...Einstein. Brett Farve does it, he very rarely takes a 14 yard loss because he was running backwards trying to scramble around. Was Romo solely to blame? No, it's a team game.
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Lifer

Were you watching? WHen he was getting sacked, he was in no position to make a throw anywhere, including out of bounds
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
I'm cool with Romo yelling at the offense, though. He needs to step into and hold onto the leader/alpha dog role, and sometimes they need to be yelled at. The smiling is only cute when they're kicking ass. Phillips won't yell at the offense. Garrett doesn't come off as a disciplinarian, either. Romo needs to crack the whip.
For the most part I agree with you.

A leader delves out punishment in private and accolades in public. Nothing like some little fucking quarterback screaming at you (OLman) in front of a national television audience. I would never scream and yell at an employee in public but close that door and I'll kick their ass.

Its immaturity and he'll get the swing of it. I've changed my tune about Romo over the past couple of years and I think he can certainly be an above average quaterback for many years (maybe even one of the greats.)

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
That about sums it up. I don't think this team has any gaping holes, they just need to take their head out of their asses. This loss wasn't caused by bad play, it was caused by dumbass mistakes.

I think if anything, the Cowboys need a better 3rd CB than fucking J Reeves, the whole Roy Williams thing needs to be addressed, and they need to get younger at WR.
Definitely need a 3rd CB, or Reeves needs to step up alot in the offseason.

Williams needs to bulk up and go to linebacker, or become a bit of a rover type player. Either way, the defensive coaches need to figure a way to keep him out of coverage. He also needs to regain the vigor that he once posessed for the game.

Youth at WR isn't a problem: Hurd and Austin both proved they can play this year, Crayton should be around for a while longer, and Owens has a few left in him. Glenn is the only guy aging, and he'll probably try to make one or two more solid seasons.

O-line needs some good backups, but special teams and the secondary are really where they need to focus in the offseason.

Also, if they cut Carpenter, the team will have a rating about 3 points higher in Madden, which is the most important thing of all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement