NASCAR fans??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

NASCAR fans???

Are there any NASCAR fans on this thing? Just curious...
If so, what do you think of the COT and Toyota and Dale Jr going to HMS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 01:40 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

The COT sucks in my opinion. The racing just isn't as good as with the old car. Toward the end of the year there was a lot of improvement so I have high hopes we will see good side-by-side racing and hopefully a lot of passing. If it turns into an "F1 style" racing series where they play follow the leader, I'm not watching. Unfortunately, Toyota will win a race this year and start dominating in a few years just like they do with anything they put their mind and especially their money to. It is inevitable. And as for Jr., he simply left DEI to go to the best organization to try to finally win a championship. If he doesn't win many races or a championship at Hendrick, all the blame can be placed on his talent-level and nothing else.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Time Served

Jr is very overrated, but is the flagship guy for NASCAR. Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon are the best. Toyota will probaly win 1 or 2 with new drivers like Stewart, Hamlin, and Busch. first half of toyota's season sucked the second half was alot better. now they have some good drivers driving foe them. Hendricks will still do laps around them and everybody else. COT is alright just have to get used to it, it will get better i imagine. NASCAR needs to go EFI and IRS!

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Behind Blue Eyes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDCobra
Jr is very overrated, but is the flagship guy for NASCAR. Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon are the best. Toyota will probaly win 1 or 2 with new drivers like Stewart, Hamlin, and Busch. first half of toyota's season sucked the second half was alot better. now they have some good drivers driving foe them. Hendricks will still do laps around them and everybody else. COT is alright just have to get used to it, it will get better i imagine. NASCAR needs to go EFI and IRS!

Jr overrated? pfFt..you are sipping on too much grape drink...the boy has skills, and now he is with Hendrick, he will be able to let it all ride...he left DEI because he wanted majority of ownership in a company that should have been his...he knew what needed to be done to turn it into a winning team, but teresa is too damn controlling and greedy...as far as Toyota goes..they will win couple times this year, only due to Tony stewart and Kyle busch driving one..but you bet your ass, stewart will leave Gibbs when his contract is up, to find his way to Hendrick (if nascar bends some rules) or Childress...toyota doesnt have the knowledge of nascar the big 3 do..so it will be a while..and as far as them Formula 1 and IRL jackasses coming over..they need to pay attention to what Juan Pablo Montoya's car owner told him in the offseason, "We need more from you or you are gone"...stay with the twisties boys..and FI and IRS? are you out of your fucking mind? that would be the most retarded thing nascar could do..

CFFL
Looking forward to the road that lies ahead...We enjoy reflecting upon past roads traveled, reliving our adventures through photographs taken and stories penned...Though, it's that next road that drives us onward...that next journey...And who knows where it'll lead?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Lifer

jacque villenueve proved how easy ovals were................

the car of tomorrow is great, all the cup teams had to buy new haulers, however the ARCA racing this year will be great. you can buy a rolling car with nothing down the center that won a cup race on a downforce track this year for $7500 lol.

what nascar has failed to tell the public, which they like to do alot, is inform the spectators on the spec spindles and lower control arms required on the taxi cab, this is what makes a car fast or slow on the old cars, so they are fucking the guys who have their shit figured out.

oh yeah, the 88 will be on the pole at daytona just in time to create a big media buzzz, and he won't be heard from again for the rest of the year, David Gilliland whaaaa.............

real cobras don't have fog lights
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Time Served

carb and solid axle are out of date. c'mon with JR now. there is no way possible you could name the top 5 drivers in NASCAR and include JR. his fans are funny as hell to. the guy could go from 28th place to 27th and the next lap around all his redneck fans will stand up and salute the guy. he is so far behind in the race he actually thinks he is leading. now having that been said i hope he wins 1 race next season just cause it will be good for NASCAR and there fans see the golden boy win. jimmie johnson and Gordon will teach him how to be a real driver. and mark my words all said and done Jeff Gordon will be second best driver behind Petty, and yes that means he will be better than Dale Sr.......... Go Jimmie Johnson

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 06:59 AM
que?

why is this in the soprts forum it's not a sport...

<-------waits to be set on fire by a crazy nasssscar fan
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:
X2

need more road rage racing to

1/2 mile 9 turns 41.3 sec
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
carb and solid axle are out of date. c'mon with JR now. there is no way possible you could name the top 5 drivers in NASCAR and include JR. his fans are funny as hell to. the guy could go from 28th place to 27th and the next lap around all his redneck fans will stand up and salute the guy. he is so far behind in the race he actually thinks he is leading. now having that been said i hope he wins 1 race next season just cause it will be good for NASCAR and there fans see the golden boy win. jimmie johnson and Gordon will teach him how to be a real driver. and mark my words all said and done Jeff Gordon will be second best driver behind Petty, and yes that means he will be better than Dale Sr.......... Go Jimmie Johnson
SO name the top 5...I'll even give you a headstart
1.Gordon
2.Johnson
3.Stewart

And don't try to sell me on Kyle Busch. That guy has mad talent, but no brains. Hell, he tried to kill his own brother last year at Lowe's, just to win a race.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims93lx
SO name the top 5...I'll even give you a headstart
1.Gordon
2.Johnson
3.Stewart

And don't try to sell me on Kyle Busch. That guy has mad talent, but no brains. Hell, he tried to kill his own brother last year at Lowe's, just to win a race.
so you agree he has mad talent and did try to win right??????????
Kenseth
Edwards
maybe 1 of the Busch's but we cant use them right.
whats your top 5????
do you agree JR is not top 5 is the real question im tryin to ask.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
so you agree he has mad talent and did try to win right??????????
Kenseth
Edwards
maybe 1 of the Busch's but we cant use them right.
whats your top 5????
do you agree JR is not top 5 is the real question im tryin to ask.
I agree that he has mad talent, but he's just not very smart. I think its a push with the Edwards, Kenseth, Kurt Busch, and Earnhardt. I think with equal equipment, these four guys are all right there. I am a little biased toward Earnhardt, because I have followed him since the Busch Series, and I have always liked watching the children of superstar athletes try to get out of the shadow of their parents. Between 2001 and 2007, Jr won 17 races, the only drivers with more wins are Johnson, Gordon and Stewart. Kurt Busch tied him last year, and Jr had a horrible season, but I think in the end, he just wanted to get it over with and move on. The guy has talent, he won Back to Back Busch championships. He may not be a top 5 driver, but IMO, he is at least 6 or 7.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 08:32 AM
reppin tha westside

Ok now we have the COT..which basically means the red billboard chases the blue billboard wihle the green billboard goes upside down.

Yawn.

You want to get me excited about NASCAR.....Build several 1970's era cars, the Torino Talladega, Dodge Daytone, etc...Hemi's with no restrictor plates, 429 shotguns....you get the idea. Build the engine with todays technology & safety features in the cars,strong modern cage, NO roof flaps, no wrap around seats,Just your basic race car from 1970-72 Gut the thing, remove the glass & lets go racin. Jeff Gordon & the rest of those little nutsacks would be screamin for Jesus at the end of 5 laps.

That i'd pay to watch

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Time Served

If NASCAR/oval racing is boring, where does that put drag racing - YAWN!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Time Served

JEFF G. IS GAY

2008 5.7 Tundra

2001 Ford Lightning Sold

2003 GT Sold
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Which one's the clutch?

Why is this in the sports forum?

j/k you nascar wierdos.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwell
Ok now we have the COT..which basically means the red billboard chases the blue billboard wihle the green billboard goes upside down.

Yawn.

You want to get me excited about NASCAR.....Build several 1970's era cars, the Torino Talladega, Dodge Daytone, etc...Hemi's with no restrictor plates, 429 shotguns....you get the idea. Build the engine with todays technology & safety features in the cars,strong modern cage, NO roof flaps, no wrap around seats,Just your basic race car from 1970-72 Gut the thing, remove the glass & lets go racin. Jeff Gordon & the rest of those little nutsacks would be screamin for Jesus at the end of 5 laps.

That i'd pay to watch
\

Sounds good! get it started and I'm sure the crowd will flock to it. Sure would be nice to have stock cars race like they used to, but front wheel drive just doesn't work that well.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Location: IMPORTS ARE LIKE TAMPONS....EVERY PUSSY HAS ONE!!!!
Cot?hms?

When you wish upon a falling star,your dreams can come true!Unless its really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life.Then your pretty much fucked no matter what you wish for,unless its death by meteor.

Why in Hell should I have to Press 1 for English?
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Lifer

My redneck can drive around in a circle faster than your redneck....
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicblue
If NASCAR/oval racing is boring, where does that put drag racing - YAWN!
Exactly...all that build up, all that anticipation, and its over in 8 seconds..probably like most everyone on here's sex life
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

hey guys, im with SPEED tv and just wanted to give you a heads up that we'll be showing the Gatorade Duel at Daytona (Thursday, 2/14 @ 2 p.m. ET). Itís going to be in Hi-Def for the first time. Hope you can join us- i promise the duel in HD will be anything but boring.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDtv
hey guys, im with SPEED tv and just wanted to give you a heads up that we'll be showing the Gatorade Duel at Daytona (Thursday, 2/14 @ 2 p.m. ET). Itís going to be in Hi-Def for the first time. Hope you can join us- i promise the duel in HD will be anything but boring.
Well then you are my new friend, I wear an x-large shirt and jacket
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:04 AM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well then you are my new friend, I wear an x-large shirt and jacket
x2!! Only 2X for me!
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Me times 3...XL as well...hook a brudda up
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
and you probably love Drag racing! drivng in a straight line for a few seconds is so much more exciting. (NOT!)
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDtv
Are you here checking up on your reality show guys?

sonicblue, geof doe not like drag racing either. He's more of a "turn-both-ways" guy.

so fuckin'

Sponsored Links
Advertisement