T.O cleared for gameday... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Vikings are next!

Thumbs up T.O cleared for gameday...

Since the docs have cleared T.O. for game day the boys are coming in at full strength. With glenn, crayton, witten and barber in there there the cowboys should be unstoppable. ....the giants team has some key players banged up (mainly shockey) so I don't see why the boys should be worried

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6 Love
Since the docs have cleared T.O. for game day the boys are coming in at full strength. With glenn, crayton and barber in there there the cowboys should be unstoppable. ....the giants team has some key players banged up (mainly shockey) so I don't see why the boys should be worried

Just because TO is cleared for game day, doesn't mean the Cowboys are at full strength. TO isn't even at full strength. It can take a while to fully recover from a high ankle sprain. Not to mention, we still have yet to see if Glenn is actually 100% (which I don't think he is).
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Robert Galarga

i still think dallas will take a win over new york

2004 pontiac gtslow

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

i think the factor for us isn't the offense. it's the defense and them coming up with big plays like stopping the run, and turn overs. everyone is on Romo and the offense, but i think you will see Jason Garrett come up with a game plan that will produce some good results then everyone will be talking about Romo and Garrett and how great they are ESPN!!!!

Glenn i think is still like 80% or so i don't think he's full strength.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Vikings are next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Just because TO is cleared for game day, doesn't mean the Cowboys are at full strength. TO isn't even at full strength.
You might be right...but just by T.O being out there will draw alot of double coverage letting others come up with some big plays...should be a good game..

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:57 AM
truster of no one

Romo has got to understand this is the playoffs and not to sit in the pocket and take sacks/fumble the ball also

TRUE TEN 5 Stock Suspension Mustang

post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
i still think dallas will take a win over new york

Oh definitely.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
You might be right...but just by T.O being out there will draw alot of double coverage letting others come up with some big plays...should be a good game..

Very true. Are you plaigarizing me?
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
i think the factor for us isn't the offense. it's the defense and them coming up with big plays like stopping the run, and turn overs. everyone is on Romo and the offense, but i think you will see Jason Garrett come up with a game plan that will produce some good results then everyone will be talking about Romo and Garrett and how great they are ESPN!!!!

Glenn i think is still like 80% or so i don't think he's full strength.

It's still going to rely heavily on the offense and offensive play calling. Garrett was doing great at the beginning of the year. He has disappointed me with his calling for the last month, however. I'm hoping it's because he's saving the good/aggressive shit for the playoffs.

As for the defense, I couldn't care less if they stop the run. It'd be nice, but it's not like this game hinges on that. NY doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell trying to beat us with Brandon Jacobs. Don't get me wrong, he's decent. And he's had decent games against us. But it's going to take a hell of a lot more than him rushing for 150 yards for NY to walk out with a win.

The key is pressuring Eli. Everyone knows he can't handle pressure, and WILL make mistakes that will cost them the game. Eli's been playing well, too. But his 18x yards he put up last week isn't going to cut it.

NY is going to have to put up 35+ points to win, and I don't think they've got it in them. They've only done that what, once this year (NE)?

For the record - Everyone's on Romo and Garrett because that is where we've been lacking since the beginning of December.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Vikings are next!

Quote:
Very true. Are you plaigarizing me?
Not at all man..

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
It's still going to rely heavily on the offense and offensive play calling. Garrett was doing great at the beginning of the year. He has disappointed me with his calling for the last month, however. I'm hoping it's because he's saving the good/aggressive shit for the playoffs.

As for the defense, I couldn't care less if they stop the run. It'd be nice, but it's not like this game hinges on that. NY doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell trying to beat us with Brandon Jacobs. Don't get me wrong, he's decent. And he's had decent games against us. But it's going to take a hell of a lot more than him rushing for 150 yards for NY to walk out with a win.

The key is pressuring Eli. Everyone knows he can't handle pressure, and WILL make mistakes that will cost them the game. Eli's been playing well, too. But his 18x yards he put up last week isn't going to cut it.

NY is going to have to put up 35+ points to win, and I don't think they've got it in them. They've only done that what, once this year (NE)?

For the record - Everyone's on Romo and Garrett because that is where we've been lacking since the beginning of December.

All I know is Im gonna get wasted on some Lambrusco Reunite wine for this game !
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Wrong. I am pretty sure he is not 100%, as is Glenn. The Cowboys will still take the Giants down as long as there are zero turnovers.

1999 FRC C5
1993 LX 5.0 Coupe - sold

post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sec302
All I know is Im gonna get wasted on some Lambrusco Reunite wine for this game !

You going to be hanging out with the other wine-os under 35 that drink that nasty shit?

I've got their next marketing campaign all figured out. Lambrusco: The drink of choice for 9 out of 10 homeless drunks. LMGDAO.

Or even... Lambrusco: Like Mad Dog, but with a more classy name.
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTAC25thT/A
Wrong. I am pretty sure he is not 100%, as is Glenn. The Cowboys will still take the Giants down as long as there are zero turnovers.

Dude... Just because he isn't 100% doesn't mean he isn't going to draw attention from the D coord and secondary. Just by being on the field will open it up for other receivers. And should they decide to ignore him because he isn't 100%, that will give everyone a chance to see just how close to it he is. Either way they look at it, TO playing is a major obstacle for NY's Defense.
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Lifer

TO wasn't 100% in the Super Bowl for the Eagles and look what he did. He is a beast and will take pressure off teammates.

BCoop- I just looked and the Giants have put up 30+ 6 times this year, so they are capable and with the momentum they have I wouldn't put it past them.
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE

BCoop- I just looked and the Giants have put up 30+ 6 times this year, so they are capable and with the momentum they have I wouldn't put it past them.

Wow. Only one I could recall off the top of my head was the NE game. Then again, I don't usually watch the Giants games or pay any attention to anything they do.

Now that I think about it, I guess that's about right. I keep forgetting that earlier this year, everyone was sucking their sacks talking about how they were the best team in the division, blah blah blah. AFTER the Cowboys beat them once. This was all leading up to the second time we played. They were on a six game win streak, I think?

Anyhow, bleh. Eli will fuck it up. Don't worry.
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:57 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

They put up 35 against Dallas the first time, too. Not that it did them much good, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Lifer

And in the 2nd game, Shockey caught half of Eli's receptions for over a hundred yards. There running game looked great against Tampa, but I am still not convinced that Tampa's defense was that great. They looked like they had the easiest schedule in the NFC, Atl, Car-twice, Arizona, SF, St Louis, Detroit. The only "quality" wins they had were over Washington(eh?) and Tennessee, and it that game they only scored 13 pts. As far as playoff teams go, they were pretty weak. And NY only beat them by 10. I have very little fear of NY going into this game. Plus, Tampa has one of the most inept offenses in the league...no worries
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Lifer

Drum roll please...for the most moronic article I have read yet...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...eth&id=3186421

Just because the media is talking about Jessica and Tony in Mexico, do you REALLY think the players care...another ESPN idiot
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Romo has not played good in over a month. Eli has.

I still think the Cowboys are a better team, but the Giants are definitely playing better ball right now.

Key Questions for the game according to Mikey......

Can the Cowboys simply turn on the switch and play well?

Will Romo have another bad game against a good pass rushing team?

Will Eli continue playing efficent football?

Who wins the turnover battle?

Will Plaxico burn Williams as usual down the middle?

post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims93lx

Just because the media is talking about Jessica and Tony in Mexico, do you REALLY think the players care...another ESPN idiot

LMGDAO!!! That dude's on some serious crack. Fucking dumbass. I can't believe I really read that. Stupid mother fucker....
post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
Romo has not played good in over a month. Eli has.

I still think the Cowboys are a better team, but the Giants are definitely playing better ball right now.

Key Questions for the game according to Mikey......

Can the Cowboys simply turn on the switch and play well? yeah, refer to week 1
Will Romo have another bad game against a good pass rushing team?No, because NY hasn't had that much success against Dallas
Will Eli continue playing efficent football? Maybe

Who wins the turnover battle? Up in the air

Will Plaxico burn Williams as usual down the middle? Probably, and then Hamlin will dislocate his jaw
My answers to your questions
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
LMGDAO!!! That dude's on some serious crack. Fucking dumbass. I can't believe I really read that. Stupid mother fucker....
NO shit, then the sister article about NE/Jax was actually a great read with stats and facts...WTF
post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:

It's hard hearing that someone else is NOT a Cowboys fan huh???

LOL, when every team has a successful season there is ALWAYS going to be critics and media people bashing on their weak points. Get use to it, just shrug it off. Cowboys are a good team, do they have flaws... YES. Just cheer for your team and hope they win Sunday man

I know, over the past 10 years only the Pats and Colts have had more success than the Eagles. All kinds of people say bad things about those teams, they just want to sound smart if the favored team actually loses....

Giants 27 Boys 24.

Even as I say that I still think the Boys will win, I just don't want to predict it, lol.

post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
My answers to your questions

Good calls on those! All I can say to you about the NY pass rush is watch out. If they get in a groove they can light it up. The first game this year when my team the Eagles played Dallas, Philly couldn't touch Romo, pass rush was horrible! The 2nd time around the Eagles were in Romo's face on pretty much every pass! Just depends on what blitz packages and stunts NY runs. the key to rushing Romo is gap responsibility. When the Eagles won, they pressured Romo and stayed in tehir gaps so he couldn't scramble. MAybe Strahan and Osi will over pursue and Romo will run like crazy.....

I hate both teams but it should be a great game!

post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Time Served

Quote:

Tired of hearing about these two....when is the game ne way?

post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:

LOL, when every team has a successful season there is ALWAYS going to be critics and media people bashing on their weak points. Get use to it, just shrug it off. Cowboys are a good team, do they have flaws... YES. Just cheer for your team and hope they win Sunday man

I know, over the past 10 years only the Pats and Colts have had more success than the Eagles. All kinds of people say bad things about those teams, they just want to sound smart if the favored team actually loses....

Giants 27 Boys 24.

Even as I say that I still think the Boys will win, I just don't want to predict it, lol.
I don't have a problem with him not being a fan, its just the whole article was crap..no stats, no basis for anything, just idle speculation and media stuff. If he would have given me five good reasons, without mentioning Jessica or Mexico, then I could have at least been objective..
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
I don't have a problem with him not being a fan, its just the whole article was crap..no stats, no basis for anything, just idle speculation and media stuff. If he would have given me five good reasons, without mentioning Jessica or Mexico, then I could have at least been objective..

I hear ya man. Romo is a good guy so the media needs something to harp on about him.

I got tired of hearing about Jessica as well after the Eagles game. She had nothing to do with it. I was at the game and had no earthly clue she was even there. ONly TV viewers saw her thanks to the camera being on her a ton. How about giving the Eagles D some credit for a GREAT game???? LOL. Boys will be fine man, stick to your guns!... I sitll say go Giants tho

post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Lifer

Cowboys have the Giants # this season, the Giants were riding high this season and won 6 in a row and the Boys went to the Jersey stadium and smacked them back to reality...they will do it again.

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Time Served

Quote:

Giants 27 Boys 24.

Yeah, you speak anything bad about the Cowboys and you're toast in this forum. Here, you are a Cowboys fan or a Cowboys fan. Burress is going to toast whoever he wants for the most part. Shockey isn't there to shove Roy on to the ground like a little bitch, but Boss has been playing good ball and Jacobs is starting to prove he can be a good reciever as well.

Giants have momentum and something to prove this game. The Cowboys have been playing like shit as of late. The Cowboys will probably win, but could easily go one and out if they turn the ball over just one time. Giants are going to be playing as good if not better than they did against the Pats, I guarantee that.

Oh, badass sig by the way. Brian Dawkins is a bad dude.

1999 FRC C5
1993 LX 5.0 Coupe - sold

post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Yep. They need to leave Romo alone, he is the face of the Cowboys and a class act to boot.

1999 FRC C5
1993 LX 5.0 Coupe - sold

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
All I can say to you about the NY pass rush is watch out.
been there shut em down twice

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Giants have momentum and something to prove this game.
The Giants had momentum and something to prove the last time the Cowboys played them

How did that turn out?

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Lifer

Even if TO isnt 100% he is still going to be a threat. Im not really worried about TO, Witten, barber, as much as I am worried about Romo. The boys will pull it off though, so no worries. Plus Eli aint got shit on #9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticX
The Giants had momentum and something to prove the last time the Cowboys played them

How did that turn out?
LOL
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:52 PM

Both teams are playing for something the right to go to the NFC Championship game.

Giants front 4 are a tough group, but so was Green Bays. You see how much time Romo had to throw the ball. Our front has put Farve and Manning on their back plenty of times and now how to get to the QB. Ware and Ellis are no push overs. they have proved that over the season.
Terrance Newman has been playing great football this year along with Ken Hamlin. Our defense is stepping up when the pressure is on. They are not well respected because the media ... ESPN... always is up the ass of the Patriots.

The Pats will be exposed this Sunday!
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Lifer

Why don't everyone STFU! and wait for the game...all this what if, but if, shit is killing me..those first two wins Dallas got against NY don't mean shit. Its the playoffs new season. Romo & Company better strap it up come Sunday..

<----- Cowboys Fan...
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY
Why don't everyone STFU! and wait for the game...all this what if, but if, shit is killing me..those first two wins Dallas got against NY don't mean shit. Its the playoffs new season. Romo & Company better strap it up come Sunday..

<----- Cowboys Fan...
ok let's never talk about the game until they play... i mean tell the writers of ESPN and all the radioheads to not talk about the game until then either. let's not write about or hear about what peoples opinions are.
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip
ok let's never talk about the game until they play... i mean tell the writers of ESPN and all the radioheads to not talk about the game until then either. let's not write about or hear about what peoples opinions are.
I understand what you are saying...but this thread started off with the title of "T.O. cleared to play"...we all know Owens will play. Which doesn't mean shit..the cowboys wasn't playing well at the end of the season when Owens was healthy. If the cowboys lose sunday i wonder how long it will take for someone to say "If T.O. was healthy we would have beat the Giants."
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Burress is going to toast whoever he wants for the most part.
Yeah, not so much. In the first meeting he went 8 receptions for 144, and a TD. Not bad at all. Great game for him. Still didn't affect the outcome, though. As for the second meeting, his performance was laughable at best. 4 receptions for 24 yards, no TD. Don't forget, he's not 100% either, and is still seeming to have on weeks and off weeks due to it.

Quote:
Shockey isn't there to shove Roy on to the ground like a little bitch
Still bitter that Roy laid Farva the fuck out, I see. Oh yeah, he fucking nailed Ryan Grant a few times too. Waaah. RW is FAR from a little bitch. Ironic, because Shockey really IS a little bitch.

Quote:
Giants have momentum and something to prove this game.
Not unlike when they played for the second time this season. Everyone was on the Giants' collective nutsack talking about how they were the best team in the division, blah blah blah. As someone else said, how'd that work out for the Giants then? Yeah, pretty much what I thought.

Quote:
The Cowboys have been playing like shit as of late.

I'll give you that one. There's no denying that fact. Even playing like shit over the last month, they still went 2-2, however. I will say that if the Boys come out looking like they have over the last month, it won't be pretty.

Quote:
Giants are going to be playing as good if not better than they did against the Pats, I guarantee that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ok. Sure. I mean, after all.... Eli Manning is as unstoppable as is Citizen Eco Drive watch. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everyone knows Eli can't keep it up. Seriously. He should become the spokesbitch for Viagra or Cialis.

Quote:
Brian Dawkins is a bad dude.

Yeah, but he plays for Philly so Phuck 'em!
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
a reasonable packers fan?!?!?!?!

post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Yeah, you speak anything bad about the Cowboys and you're toast in this forum. Here, you are a Cowboys fan or a Cowboys fan.

I somehow missed this. I'd venture to say there are more Cowboys haters on here than fans, when you take the folks that don't post in here on a regular occasion out of the equation. Good idea for a poll. It seems like everyone's a hater on here. Which is fine, it makes for good time wasting.
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I somehow missed this. I'd venture to say there are more Cowboys haters on here than fans, when you take the folks that don't post in here on a regular occasion out of the equation. Good idea for a poll. It seems like everyone's a hater on here. Which is fine, it makes for good time wasting.
the problem with the poll is that you're going to get the people who never actually post about the cowboys voting in the poll throwing the numbers off.

of the people that discuss football most often, I'd be willing to bet it's close to 50/50 ratio cowboys to haters.

post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Not really. I agree strongly with jims93lx. No basis for anything said in that article. Everyone's got their own opinion, and that's fine. His reasoning was just absurd. As jims93lx said, if it was backed with stats, facts, events from past performances, etc; I'd have had an open mind about it. But that shit was just retarded....
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Bop Double E Rop

I just really have a strong, gut feeling that the Giants are in for a slaughter. This will be the game that will shut all the doubters up.

GWB-'83-'09
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Lifer

I just hope he looks like this all afternoon
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:39 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticX

How did that turn out?
LMFAO! I was going to post the SAME EXACT THING, because, I believe, somebody posted that the Giants had momentum and something to prove before Dallas hit them with reality the last time.

Quote:
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Not really. I agree strongly with jims93lx. No basis for anything said in that article. Everyone's got their own opinion, and that's fine. His reasoning was just absurd. As jims93lx said, if it was backed with stats, facts, events from past performances, etc; I'd have had an open mind about it. But that shit was just retarded....
I looked at the rest of Wickersham's "picks", and he picked the Dolphins, Chicago, NYG, and Green Bay over the Cowboys' during the regular season...of which they lost none.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I looked at the rest of Wickersham's "picks", and he picked the Dolphins, Chicago, NYG, and Green Bay over the Cowboys' during the regular season...of which they lost none.

That explains it all. I didn't see a need to read any more of his crap, but it sounds like I should have. I needed a laugh.
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 06:24 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Does he post here as Drop Top 04 Snake?

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement