02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Dont Be Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6 Love
...is that JW with him as well?
Yea, that looks like Witten to me... WTF

95 gt - Work in progress...306,TFS heads,Holley systemax II,--It's Alive..After 3 years

2000 S-10 ZR2...Needs tires and a lift bad

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 08:00 AM

As long as he wins in the playoffs I dont care who he is fucking.

I was terrified when I first heard brittney's little sister was pregnant. First thing I thought was "please dont let that be romo's kid"
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Lifer

Does that dope ever not wear his cap backwards? He must be a huge limp bizkit fan....
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Well, he is "Mexican" . . . so maybe he's just going back to his Roots.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 11:06 PM
"Livin the good life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpawl
As long as he wins in the playoffs I dont care who he is fucking.

I was terrified when I first heard brittney's little sister was pregnant. First thing I thought was "please dont let that be romo's kid"
lmao lmao
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
T-sippers blow goats

Location: I'm not saying I beat the devil,but I drank his beer for free
I'm glad fame has not gone to his head.

"When I start my car I want the neighbors to think the world is coming to an end"...Homer Simpson
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Lifer

So, if the Cowboys lose, will you be singing an old George Strait song..."Blame it on Mexico, if you need a reason???"
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Mexican Crew

why doesnt he practice instead?
or spent time looking at film?

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Lifer

Because everyone should have to work 7 fucking days a week right???????????
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Mexican Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims93lx

im not the one trying to win the super bowl

Quote:

post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Mexican Crew

Quote:

what would happen if he concentrates on football win 2 more games then go F*** Jessica all he wants?

Quote:

post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Philippians 4:13

Same scenario in Mexico with Whitten and a couple of other Cowboys minus Jessica; what would your stance be then?

<---YoBro
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

He works a few months a year. AND he gets paid millions to do it. Give me a fucking break already.

The problem is, he's putting the pussy on a pedestal. Save that shit for the off season.
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Ra
Same scenario in Mexico with Whitten and a couple of other Cowboys minus Jessica; what would your stance be then?

<---YoBro

Same thing. Vacation in your off time. Right now is the time to practice, and study film. You can vacation after you win the SB, or go 1 and out in the playoffs.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Mexican Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
He works a few months a year. AND he gets paid millions to do it. Give me a fucking break already.

The problem is, he's putting the pussy on a pedestal. Save that shit for the off season.

x2

then we wonder why he cant handle a snap

Quote:

post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Lifer

Wow, so he took a 3 day weekend...Hmm, Tom Brady flew to Cali to see his son.. do you think he's distracted??
What people don't understand about this, we, the common folk, try to rationalize a Cancun trip, as a big vacation, however as a celebrity, with virtually unlimited funds, this is nothing more than a brief getaway.. Probably the equivalent of a night on the town with your wife or a trip to San Antonio for the weekend, its no big deal. These people don't live the same life as the rest of us commoners and its nothing...
Jeez, just get over it..it was 3 days. He didn't miss a practice, a team meeting or anything. If your boss gave you three days off during the middle of your most important time of the year, would you sit at home and study work shit..doubtful
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Mexican Crew

Quote:
Wow, so he took a 3 day weekend...Hmm, Tom Brady flew to Cali to see his son.. do you think he's distracted??
What people don't understand about this, we, the common folk, try to rationalize a Cancun trip, as a big vacation, however as a celebrity, with virtually unlimited funds, this is nothing more than a brief getaway.. Probably the equivalent of a night on the town with your wife or a trip to San Antonio for the weekend, its no big deal. These people don't live the same life as the rest of us commoners and its nothing...
Jeez, just get over it..it was 3 days. He didn't miss a practice, a team meeting or anything. If your boss gave you three days off during the middle of your most important time of the year, would you sit at home and study work shit..doubtful

ok just dont be the first one crying when he trows 5 interceptions

Quote:

post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
P1

if the cowboys lose, i have to wait another year for a haircut

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Lifer

umm, okay..I won't be
If he throws five INTs, I won't say a thing about Mexico, but I don't have to worry about that, cuz, he won't...

Boys 35
NYG 24
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Mexican Crew

Quote:
umm, okay..I won't be
If he throws five INTs, I won't say a thing about Mexico, but I don't have to worry about that, cuz, he won't...

Boys 35
NYG 24

Now your talking!!!

Quote:

post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

It's hard to say what I'd do, because I'm not in that position. I don't have the talent or ability he does. So I can sit here all day and spout off about what I think he should be doing, but in the end it doesn't mean diddly because I'm not in the same position he is.

However, you would think with all the pressure he's under, and his career on the line, he'd be studying all the tape he could get his hands on. He can't afford another mistake like last year.

Like I said. The guy gets paid millions to work a few months a year. Now is not the proper time for a getaway. There's a time and place for everything, I just don't think this is either.

EDIT: If nothing else, you'd think he wouldn't want any negative attention from the media. And if he goes 1 and out (I'm just saying if, so fuck off bandwagon blasters) the media is going to scrutinize any and every thing he has done. They will bring this little getaway up as the reason for a loss, etc. Would you really want to have to hear that shit for the next year? I know I wouldn't. I wouldn't want them to have any reason to blame a loss on.
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
yes, jluv

It was coach's orders. Blame Wade Phillips if you have to blame anyone. He told the players to take a vacation and "forget about football" for a couple of days. It may sound crazy, but it fits perfectly with his coaching style, and obviously his coaching style has worked well (13-3) for this team. I see it as a way of not getting burned out with the bye week. It gives them a chance to reset, if you will. Instead of watching two weeks of the same films and daydreaming about a vacation (hey, it's human nature), they come in missing football and ready to get serious. And hell, it can't hurt the already strong bond between Romo and Witten. Something tells me they tossed a football around at least once while on the beach, anyway. Look for Romo to Witten a lot in this game. And we all know that when that happens, Cowboys win.

For all of the Jessica haters, you do know that she was there when they stomped Green Bay, right? I'm pretty sure she was there Thanksgiving as well, and maybe during a few of their other wins.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It's hard to say what I'd do, because I'm not in that position. I don't have the talent or ability he does. So I can sit here all day and spout off about what I think he should be doing, but in the end it doesn't mean diddly because I'm not in the same position he is.

However, you would think with all the pressure he's under, and his career on the line, he'd be studying all the tape he could get his hands on. He can't afford another mistake like last year.

Like I said. The guy gets paid millions to work a few months a year. Now is not the proper time for a getaway. There's a time and place for everything, I just don't think this is either.

EDIT: If nothing else, you'd think he wouldn't want any negative attention from the media. And if he goes 1 and out (I'm just saying if, so fuck off bandwagon blasters) the media is going to scrutinize any and every thing he has done. They will bring this little getaway up as the reason for a loss, etc. Would you really want to have to hear that shit for the next year? I know I wouldn't. I wouldn't want them to have any reason to blame a loss on.
I understand that, but from watching this guy the last 15 months or so, I really don't think he cares what the media thinks about him. Dale Hansen had a great commentay on this last night, and I think everyone should try to see it if you can... I know that he gets paids millions to work several months a year, but as an NFL player these days, there truly is no off season. These guys work for 10 months outta the year to stay physically and mentally prepared for a four(hopefully five-six) month series of one collision after another. So to me, for a guy to take three days, jump on a 2 hour flight to Cancun and hang out and destress before a grueling 2 or 3 week stretch, thats fine with me. Does anyone know what Roy Williams did, or Anthony Fasano, or Nick Folk? NO, because no one cares, just as the shouldn't with this...IMO
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:40 PM
yes, jluv

But yes, if they lose, this is all we will hear about, and that sucks.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
But yes, if they lose, this is all we will hear about, and that sucks.
And it will all be media generated...
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

For all of the Jessica haters, you do know that she was there when they stomped Green Bay, right? I'm pretty sure she was there Thanksgiving as well, and maybe during a few of their other wins.

I'm not a Jessica hater. I'm right with you on that one. But you can't deny the potential distractions that could come in to play. I don't blame her for any of the losses, like most of the idiots on here did, however.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
And it will all be media generated...

Yep. Media generated and media driven. I can't fucking stand the media.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:51 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
I'm not a Jessica hater. I'm right with you on that one. But you can't deny the potential distractions that could come in to play. I don't blame her for any of the losses, like most of the idiots on here did, however.
I guess. It's like you said earlier - I'm not him, so I don't know how he reacts to it all. I think it's just something the media has hyped up because they are both young and popular.

Honestly, I can't say that I would have gone. I love pussy, and that bitch is FINE, but I love playing ball as much as anything. And to be the star QB for the Dallas Cowboys with a shot at going all the way? I'd be like "Jessica who?".
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Damn these guys taking a day off!

Seriously, someone thinks this is a job that's "just a couple months a year"? Maybe 20 years ago. Now, it's a 12 month a year deal.

They deserve some time off just like everyone else. Ease up for cripes sake. Didn't they play best at the beginning of the year? Time off? Humm....
post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Lifer

I swear we get more and more ignorant bandwagoners posting here daily.

post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
T-MINUS

If I was banging chicks like that, I wouldn't give a shit if my performance suffered.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Censored

DFWstangs member???

Quote:
dushie says:

Saturday - January 5, 2008 - 1:32 PM

Plus I heard he has one tree trunk sized shwantz which Jessica has been looking for since Nick..
That was the only interesting thing someone commented.

Doors Done Rite
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Lifer

So what will be said if he goes ape-shit nuts against the Giants, and is 25/30 with 4 TD's? Will everyone think that Jessica was the good luck charm? Let the guy play his game, for Crissakes! If he sucks, he sucks. If the boys get beat, I'll still be here lovin' em...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Gunga galunga

These guys work all year long... So I don't think that should be a concern, and really you think Romo is the only NFL player fucking some hot piece of ass I know there is the extra media exposure, I doesn't seem like romo has ever had an issue handling it. As far as mistakes from last year; you mean a mis-handled snap that he nearly ran in for a TD...

I think the biggest thing for the Cowboys has been their poor/mediocre performance in December... I really hope this woke them up heading into the playoffs. And with them at full strength I think they will be fine on Sunday

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
As far as mistakes from last year; you mean a mis-handled snap that he nearly ran in for a TD...

Far more mistakes were made by him last year, than the dropped snap. Just for the record, I didn't blame him for that. I've said from the get go, that he shouldn't be place holding in the first fucking place. That's a backup QB job, and when Romo stepped up as starter, Parcells should have handled it and found another place holder.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 06:30 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiewan

Seriously, someone thinks this is a job that's "just a couple months a year"? Maybe 20 years ago. Now, it's a 12 month a year deal.

Yeah, if you take in to account working out in the offseason to keep in shape. Wow. A few hours a day. Yeah, he works year round. Jerry Jones is a fucking slave driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiewan
They deserve some time off just like everyone else. Ease up for cripes sake.

Like I said. Time off comes in the off season. Which we're just weeks away from, by the way. For as much as these professional athletes make, it should be all football, all the time for 25 weeks a year.
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 06:58 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

ok, but if the coach allowed them time off and allowed them to take a vacation then what's the big deal?

the only big deal is it's Romo and Jessica. If it were Romo and some ordinary girl then it would be nothing. we wouldn't be sweating this crap!
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 09:21 AM
T-sippers blow goats

Location: I'm not saying I beat the devil,but I drank his beer for free
I don't give a crap where he goes on his days off. My point is he has let all this sudden fame go right to his head. Romo won the lottery and he should know that,instead he acts like this was owed to him. If Quincey Carter doesn't get busted for drugs before training camp Romo is out of the NFL and no one has ever heard of him. Instead Carter is cut and Romo makes the team as the number 3 QB. He learns the system and sticks around until he gets a shot and plays great. There are allot of players just as good that never get that shot. Everything fell in line for him and he returns the favor by acting like a rock star.
Romo is the lottery winner that runs out and buys a Ferrari before he even has a house to park it at.

"When I start my car I want the neighbors to think the world is coming to an end"...Homer Simpson
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYBOTIE
I don't give a crap where he goes on his days off. My point is he has let all this sudden fame go right to his head. Romo won the lottery and he should know that,instead he acts like this was owed to him. If Quincey Carter doesn't get busted for drugs before training camp Romo is out of the NFL and no one has ever heard of him. Instead Carter is cut and Romo makes the team as the number 3 QB. He learns the system and sticks around until he gets a shot and plays great. There are allot of players just as good that never get that shot. Everything fell in line for him and he returns the favor by acting like a rock star.
Romo is the lottery winner that runs out and buys a Ferrari before he even has a house to park it at.
it's like a drug.... fame the more you get the more you want of it. he may continue on the stretch that he is on, but then again he could settle down and not let it effect him. Look at Tom Brady he was dating around and have the same superstar "Hollywood" mentality... i guess the only difference with Brady is that he had 3 Superbowl rings to go along with it.

Romo needs to focus on the big prize ahead and make sure that he lets that do the talking for him!
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by regaltip

Romo needs to focus on the big prize ahead and make sure that he lets that do the talking for him!

That's the bottom line I'm getting at. And to do that, he needs to minimize the distractions as much as possible.
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Same thing. Vacation in your off time. Right now is the time to practice, and study film. You can vacation after you win the SB, or go 1 and out in the playoffs.
These were my exact thoughts when I heard he and a few of his teammates were in Mexico. The week before a major playoff game after, lets face it, you have played pretty shitty recently is not a good idea! He should be laying off the alcohol, resting, and practicing when he's not resting.

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
ok, but if the coach allowed them time off and allowed them to take a vacation then what's the big deal?

the only big deal is it's Romo and Jessica. If it were Romo and some ordinary girl then it would be nothing. we wouldn't be sweating this crap!
If it was Romo and NO girl in Mexico I'd still think a vacation in Mexico right now is inappopriate.

post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:55 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx
If it was Romo and NO girl in Mexico I'd still think a vacation in Mexico right now is inappopriate.
Well, Wade Phillips disagrees with you, and he's the guy in charge. His style has done wonders for this team, and I think/hope he knows what he's doing, even though to most people it seems crazy.
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:58 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYBOTIE
Why, because of who he's dating? Because he took a short vacation?

He seems pretty humble and well grounded to me, given the circumstances. Is there something I'm missing? I haven't caught an episode of TMZ for a while.
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:00 PM

how is it inapporpriate for Romo, but not the rest of the team? The team was given permission by the coach... if theres a bone to pick it's with Wade.
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
how is it inapporpriate for Romo, but not the rest of the team? The team was given permission by the coach... if theres a bone to pick it's with Wade.

True. I sure the fuck hope he knows what he's doing. He hasn't disappointed me yet, though.
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
exactly he AND WITTEN both asked and recieved permission to go to Mexico (among other players to different locations)... this people think Romo must eat sleep and shit football... espn reported this morning "Romo stayed late at valley ranch watching film on the giants"
oh and whoever said if he throws 5 int dont cry... i say if he throws 5 td passes are you going to "blame it on Mexico"

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Well, Wade Phillips disagrees with you, and he's the guy in charge. His style has done wonders for this team, and I think/hope he knows what he's doing, even though to most people it seems crazy.
Very valid point... I do think rest and relaxation is necessary... just not in Mexico with alcohol and pretty womenz. To me, those are distractions... not some good 'ol R&R but what the hell do I know? I don't make millions, I don't coach professional sports, and I sure as shit am not vacationing with Romo in Mexico.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement