Why the hell does OU play their fight song SO DAMN MUCH!!!! - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Why the hell does OU play their fight song SO DAMN MUCH!!!!

For Fucks Sake!!!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Num say'n? (tm)
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,702
It's the only song they know?

DFWMustangs.net
JP135 is offline  
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Have you guys done the drinking game where you take a shot every time OU plays their fight song? It's guaranteed death by the 2nd quarter.

ZYouL8R is offline  
 
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
like Tech doesn't play it every 5 minutes?
There is a HUGE difference between every 5 minutes and every 10-15 seconds.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Yes, I have noticed that. And even as a huge OU fan, it annoys the fuck out of me as well. They play their fight song more than any other school I've seen, that I've noticed anyways. And I think all fight songs are annoying as shit, so it's usually something I notice.
bcoop is offline  
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
i guess it would come down to whose Fight Song was gayer...

Fight Raiders Fight, Fight Raiders Fight, Fight for the school we love so dearly!
Whatever you say....at least our fans can remember more then 2 words...

Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, OK-U!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Whatever you say....at least our fans can remember more then 2 words...

Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, OK-U!


Funny you mention that. The most ignorant person I've met in my entire life, is a recent Tech grad. We work with another Tech grad, and give him hell for holding his alma mater so high. Because if they let this dumb bitch graduate, I could pack my cock a lunch and walk away with a PhD. True Story.
bcoop is offline  
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
Sooner born and Sooner Bread and when I die I'll be Sooner dead...

vs.

We will hit 'em, we will wreck 'em, hit 'em wreck 'em Texas Tech.....

at least OU's has a creative play on words
What makes Sooner Bread different than any other bread?
slow99 is offline  
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal
 
2001 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Beyond the Abyss
Posts: 6,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Funny you mention that. The most ignorant person I've met in my entire life, is a recent Tech grad. We work with another Tech grad, and give him hell for holding his alma mater so high. Because if they let this dumb bitch graduate, I could pack my cock a lunch and walk away with a PhD. True Story.
Funny how everyone has one of those stories for every university they are arguing about at the time

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
2001 GT is offline  
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
What makes Sooner Bread different than any other bread?


LMFAO!!!! Just noticed that. hahahahahaha
bcoop is offline  
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Funny how everyone has one of those stories for every university they are arguing about at the time


Yeah, but I'm not bullshitting. You should meet this crazy bitch. Try talking to her for 5 minutes. She had me so fucking confused I forgot what the conversation was about. It doesn't help that I have to work with her.
bcoop is offline  
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:42 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Have you guys done the drinking game where you take a shot every time OU plays their fight song? It's guaranteed death by the 2nd quarter.
Do it with both bands during the texas/ou game and you'll be dead 5 minutes into the game.


I've been meaning to have College Band talk. It's sad when most Texas High School Bands are better than College Bands i.e. W.Virgina's halftime show that was broadcast sounded like shit.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Lifer
 
Zfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,811
Too much WV inbreeding will do it every time
Zfan is offline  
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
What's funny about the OU band is they'll find any excuse to play the fight song. I was laughing out loud last night because WV jumped offsides, got flagged for it, and the OU band thought it was the perfect opportunity to play Boomer Sooner.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
that scenario reminds me of a car full of highschool chearleaders driving by the team bus screaming and yelling just after they got their asses kicked. I have always said that there should be no band or cheerleaders at football games because they are not there for the game, they don't know anything about the game and they are annoying as fuck.
You are SO right. That goes for high school bands, too. Half time shows are a joke at high school games. It's all about "state champion cheerleaders" WTF is that? 200 kids in a band (that stinks) marching for 40 kids that actually play the game. The spotlight is on little Susie Nastysnatch, instead of the game. If it wasn't for high school football, what would those 300 kids who "support" them do with all their time?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:01 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
If it wasn't for high school football, what would those 300 kids who "support" them do with all their time?
Exessive Drug Use

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Drugs
I think they do that anyway...just gives them more connections.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:03 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I think they do that anyway...just gives them more connections.
Eh, of those 300, about 20-30 do drugs already. Take away their "support" for football and you can probably raise that to 100-150, maybe more.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You are SO right. That goes for high school bands, too. Half time shows are a joke at high school games. It's all about "state champion cheerleaders" WTF is that? 200 kids in a band (that stinks) marching for 40 kids that actually play the game. The spotlight is on little Susie Nastysnatch, instead of the game. If it wasn't for high school football, what would those 300 kids who "support" them do with all their time?
Don't forget the parents of Susie Nastysnatch, who leave at halftime after watching their precious little slut perform In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on the oboe.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:59 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
i don't think USC's band stops playing ANYTHING during the whole fucking game.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Don't forget the parents of Susie Nastysnatch, who leave at halftime after watching their precious little slut perform In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on the oboe.
Yep! It's like watching Lawrence Welk doing a Dokken medley...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Eh, of those 300, about 20-30 do drugs already. Take away their "support" for football and you can probably raise that to 100-150, maybe more.
Drug use is rampant down here. Hell, Ellis county isn't known as the "meth capital" for nothing!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
i don't think USC's band stops playing ANYTHING during the whole fucking game.
USC and OU are by far the worst.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Lifer
 
stacy532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: lubbock,tx
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Yeah, but I'm not bullshitting. You should meet this crazy bitch. Try talking to her for 5 minutes. She had me so fucking confused I forgot what the conversation was about. It doesn't help that I have to work with her.
mike leach is the same way most lawyers talk the same bullshit

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'


13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
stacy532 is offline  
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Lifer
 
stacy532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: lubbock,tx
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
it has more yeast
it was made sooner?

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'


13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
stacy532 is offline  
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Don't forget the parents of Susie Nastysnatch, who leave at halftime after watching their precious little slut perform In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on the oboe.
You guys can't really think like that can you? The average HS football player pays about $30 to the school to play, he might buy some extra stuff but nothing over $250. The band members parents pay about $2200 a year, Drill Team parents pay about $2500 and the Cheerleaders parents pay about $2300. Now add in there that on average 70%(+) of the booster club members are non football parents and the parents that leave at half-time pay the same gate fees, what is there to bitch about?

My daughter is on drill team and has been since 7th grade so I know these numbers to be true as I am a booster club member in Wylie and have coached in Dallas ISD. I always stayed for the games and I would usually set with a group of the band/drill team/cheer Dad's. The Mom's leave early and head to Chili's to reserve seating for after game get togethers. So I think you all are way off the mark on who supports football and how much money non football parents bring to the football team in ticket sales/booster club that benefits all the sports organizations on campus.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Each booster club has it's own account at our HS. Band Boosters' support goes to the band, etc.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Turn Your Swag On!
 
Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,707
Have you ever been to an SMU game? Especially back in the day during the SWC?

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
Swag is offline  
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
You guys can't really think like that can you? The average HS football player pays about $30 to the school to play, he might buy some extra stuff but nothing over $250. The band members parents pay about $2200 a year, Drill Team parents pay about $2500 and the Cheerleaders parents pay about $2300. Now add in there that on average 70%(+) of the booster club members are non football parents and the parents that leave at half-time pay the same gate fees, what is there to bitch about?

My daughter is on drill team and has been since 7th grade so I know these numbers to be true as I am a booster club member in Wylie and have coached in Dallas ISD. I always stayed for the games and I would usually set with a group of the band/drill team/cheer Dad's. The Mom's leave early and head to Chili's to reserve seating for after game get togethers. So I think you all are way off the mark on who supports football and how much money non football parents bring to the football team in ticket sales/booster club that benefits all the sports organizations on campus.
I support the cheerleaders and drill teams 100%.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Num say'n? (tm)
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Don't forget the parents of Susie Nastysnatch, who leave at halftime after watching their precious little slut perform In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on the oboe.
Say what you want, but that's one rockin-ass oboe solo.

DFWMustangs.net
JP135 is offline  
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Yes, I have noticed that. And even as a huge OU fan, it annoys the fuck out of me as well. They play their fight song more than any other school I've seen, that I've noticed anyways. And I think all fight songs are annoying as shit, so it's usually something I notice.
That explains alot why you are fucking idiot. You're a OU fan. That just explains it all.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Good times
 
SVT Lurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
We will hit 'em, we will wreck 'em, hit 'em wreck 'em Texas Tech.....
Those aren't the words?


n/a
SVT Lurch is offline  
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
That explains alot why you are fucking idiot. You're a OU fan. That just explains it all.
Aw, shit!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You are SO right. That goes for high school bands, too. Half time shows are a joke at high school games. It's all about "state champion cheerleaders" WTF is that? 200 kids in a band (that stinks) marching for 40 kids that actually play the game. The spotlight is on little Susie Nastysnatch, instead of the game. If it wasn't for high school football, what would those 300 kids who "support" them do with all their time?
exactly.

I could go the rest of my life without seeing another 45 minute long highschool football halftime show, and I would have already seen far too many.

the worst part is that parents of kinds in the band at my highschool seriously believe that the "real" show is the halftime show, and that the football team is just there to bookend it.

Slowhand is offline  
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
exactly.

I could go the rest of my life without seeing another 45 minute long highschool football halftime show, and I would have already seen far too many.

the worst part is that parents of kinds in the band at my highschool seriously believe that the "real" show is the halftime show, and that the football team is just there to bookend it.
What's really funny, is almost every HS band, drill team, or cheerleading squad, is announced as "national champs"...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome