Roy Williams suspended 1 game - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Your Daddy

Roy Williams suspended 1 game

for the horse collar tackle on Mcflabb... thoughts??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
blank

Well he patent the move and i think the NFL is trying to make an example.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Lifer

This will benefit the cowboys. Trust me. The dude needs to add 10-20 pounds and move to sam side backer.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

The rule was put into place because of him and he continues to do it. He was in a hairs breath of braking mcnabbs leg from the replays. I aprove of the move and I am not a roy williams fan so I would like to have a chance to see the D without him.

You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Dont Be Stupid

he fucking knows better...I hate McNabb too but damn, he almost broke is leg

95 gt - Work in progress...306,TFS heads,Holley systemax II,--It's Alive..After 3 years

2000 S-10 ZR2...Needs tires and a lift bad
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins
He was in a hairs breath of braking mcnabbs leg

lmao

Are you a 100 years old?
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Lifer

Maybe it will give him a chance to catch up on his missed tackles.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Lifer

good! that mofo is going to end someones career doing that shit..
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 07:03 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The rule was put into place because of him and he continues to do it. He was in a hairs breath of braking mcnabbs leg from the replays. I aprove of the move and I am not a roy williams fan so I would like to have a chance to see the D without him.
Thanks for clearing that up!

BTW, isn't there a rule that hair sticking out of the hat is fair game? Wouldn't that be the same thing, grabbing one of those long haired hippy freaks by the hair and dragging him down from behind?

Yes Brad, I am an old guy!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Yes Brad, I am an old guy!
LOL!
It's the hare's breath (or did he really mean "hairs"?) that got me. I can handle hippy jokes.
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Lifer

Good, he earned that. Also, it's a 1-game without pay, so maybe his stupid ass will get the point this time.
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

keep it up roy! i love that shit.

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Lifer

It's fair punishment, because he of all people, should know better.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
heaven forbid that football be rough! I think the NFL should make it mandatory for all quarterbacks to wear pink panties on the outside of their uniforms.
LOL! Games are changing. Kind of like pitcher's not being able to throw at batters. Ted Williams would have hit .400 every year, if he knew they could never throw at him.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
LOL! Games are changing. Kind of like pitcher's not being able to throw at batters. Ted Williams would have hit .400 every year, if he knew they could never throw at him.
I agree. I think since they made the rule because of him, he should be able to do it whenever he wants. Allen Iversons' crossover dribble was also enforced as traveling, I guess he was breaking peoples' ankles.

Oh, and I LAWL everytime Roy does it, do bad you can't do it in Madden '08. I would get the Cowboys EVERYTIME!

1999 FRC C5
1993 LX 5.0 Coupe - sold

post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I think the NFL should make it mandatory for all quarterbacks to wear pink panties on the outside of their uniforms.
I got a mental image of Favre doing this. I may have to bust out Photoshop and make this a reality. Maybe some Depends for him as well.

1999 FRC C5
1993 LX 5.0 Coupe - sold

post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:08 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Or some Oops, I Crapped My Pants!-es.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Or some Oops, I Crapped My Pants!-es.
I knew you would chime in on this.

1999 FRC C5
1993 LX 5.0 Coupe - sold

post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:53 PM
T-MINUS

The league is turning it into a game for pussies. I imagine they will start letting women in by about 2015.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTAC25thT/A

Oh, and I LAWL everytime Roy does it, do bad you can't do it in Madden '08. I would get the Cowboys EVERYTIME!

LMGDAO!!! We were talking about that shit during the game yesterday. Run someone down, and hit triangle square circle to horse collar and break his fuckin leg! hahahaha

That, and grab Al Harris by his nappy ass weave and sling him around for a bit.
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
LMGDAO!!! We were talking about that shit during the game yesterday. Run someone down, and hit triangle square circle to horse collar and break his fuckin leg! hahahaha
Maybe a new update for 360/PS3?

Quote:
That, and grab Al Harris by his nappy ass weave and sling him around for a bit.
Hey, you leave the lead predator of the Packers out of this!

1999 FRC C5
1993 LX 5.0 Coupe - sold

post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
This will benefit the cowboys. Trust me. The dude needs to add 10-20 pounds and move to sam side backer.
Truth!
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Time Served

pretty soon the nfl is gonna be 2 hand touch below the waist.
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
LOL, you really want that sorry fucker trying to cover a tight end off the line of scrimmage? That would be pretty funny to watch, I’ve never seen a tight end go for 250 yards in a game. Face it, Jerry fucked up by resigning him, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if he wasn’t the highest paid safety in football. Now he doesn’t even support the run that well, misses tackles every game, never wraps up just tries to lay a big hit. The fucker sucks…
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:04 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
You were within a hair's breadth of writing coherent English.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Time Served

you know whats gay? these guys are playing football, and bitching about almost getting hurt. they get paid millions of dollars and they cant risk getting hurt. grow some balls you little bitches. i am so sick of these pansy ass babies trying to keep from getting hurt they need to grow up.

00 Excursion PSD tuned and bolt-ons (very quick for 5ton truck )
03 Toyota Prius "MarioKart"
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
The league is turning it into a game for pussies. I imagine they will start letting women in by about 2015.
Dallas Diamonds FTMFL

DFWMustangs.net
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Whats gay is every complaining that football is being pussified. You guys act like hitting is not allowed. Boo hoo, he's not allowed to break someone's leg. A horse collar tackle is for slow defensive players who don't know how to tackle. I guess we should allow tackling via face mask as well to "man" things up.
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 AM
I'll miss you Heather :(

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater
Well he patent the move and i think the NFL is trying to make an example.
a la' Michael Vick

post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big pappa pump
pretty soon the nfl is gonna be 2 hand touch below the waist.
or maybe some good old flag football.
post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:30 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Whats gay is every complaining that football is being pussified. You guys act like hitting is not allowed. Boo hoo, he's not allowed to break someone's leg. A horse collar tackle is for slow defensive players who don't know how to tackle. I guess we should allow tackling via face mask as well to "man" things up.
Tend to agree with you here.

The horse collar tackle is a pretty pussy play in my opinion. Basically says, "I'm too slow to actually catch you and tackle you properly and I don't want to risk injury by diving at your legs."

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Time Served

Quote:
have you ever played the game? sometimes you take what you can get. if you get a handful of jersey, which is now outlawed as well, you pull by that. the game is getting lame. i understand about protecting people but what happened to the men that used to play the game? roy williams is an excellent player in my opinion. does he form tackle? absolutely not! but he is a great hitter and i am tired of hearing people piss and moan about the game getting too rough. does anyone remember the days when we played tackle football as kids with no pads and we were clotheslining people? that was the shit. and rarely did anyone get hurt. i dont think its anymore serious than a facemask. again it falls back on you grabbing whatever piece of the player you can in order to drag them down.

post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ssconvertible
have you ever played the game? sometimes you take what you can get. if you get a handful of jersey, which is now outlawed as well, you pull by that. the game is getting lame. i understand about protecting people but what happened to the men that used to play the game? roy williams is an excellent player in my opinion. does he form tackle? absolutely not! but he is a great hitter and i am tired of hearing people piss and moan about the game getting too rough. does anyone remember the days when we played tackle football as kids with no pads and we were clotheslining people? that was the shit. and rarely did anyone get hurt. i dont think its anymore serious than a facemask. again it falls back on you grabbing whatever piece of the player you can in order to drag them down.
Yes, I have played. And you lost any credibility you might have had when you said "roy williams is an excellent player". That in it's self shows you know very little about the game, because he's not even a good player much less an excellent player. He is not fast, he can't tackle, he only knows how to hit, which explains why time and time again he continues to horse collar tackle, that is when he's not getting smoked deep. You'd be singing a different tune if Tony Romo's season ended because some dipshit horse collar tackled him. Bones break, it has nothing to do with being a pussy.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:22 AM
dead

roy williams is junk and is never going to learn. id cut his ass at the end of the season and make one of my 1st round picks a safety for sure

no matter how much coaching for the last 3 years...
he has terrible coverage.
he is terrible at wrapping up when he tackles.
he is terribly slow.
and worst of all, he is a dirty fucking player and too stupid to change.
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Lifer

The man can hit but he just can't cover!
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
roy williams is junk and is never going to learn. id cut his ass at the end of the season and make one of my 1st round picks a safety for sure

no matter how much coaching for the last 3 years...
he has terrible coverage.
he is terrible at wrapping up when he tackles.
he is terribly slow.
and worst of all, he is a dirty fucking player and too stupid to change.

You dolts seem to forget that Roy Williams has NEVER been a cover safety. Not in HS, not in College, and DEFINITELY not in the NFL. Jerry Jones and the D Coord are the ones trying to make him a cover safety.

He's not the greatest player to ever play the game or anything, but he's not the worst either. And every last one of you pussies crying that Roy sucks all tend to pipe up and get all excited when he lays the fucking smack down on someone (ie. Ryan Grant) so hard it makes YOU cringe. Then on the next missed coverage, or missed tackle it's back on the Roy sucks bandwagon. At least be fucking consistent, god damn.

I think he's improved a lot this year, as far as wrapping up goes. I can't recall a time last year he wrapped up although I'm sure he did once, maybe twice. At least this year he's putting some effort in to it. Not a lot, but something is better than the nothing we were getting before.
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
You dolts seem to forget that Roy Williams has NEVER been a cover safety. Not in HS, not in College, and DEFINITELY not in the NFL. Jerry Jones and the D Coord are the ones trying to make him a cover safety.

He's not the greatest player to ever play the game or anything, but he's not the worst either. And every last one of you pussies crying that Roy sucks all tend to pipe up and get all excited when he lays the fucking smack down on someone (ie. Ryan Grant) so hard it makes YOU cringe. Then on the next missed coverage, or missed tackle it's back on the Roy sucks bandwagon. At least be fucking consistent, god damn.

I think he's improved a lot this year, as far as wrapping up goes. I can't recall a time last year he wrapped up although I'm sure he did once, maybe twice. At least this year he's putting some effort in to it. Not a lot, but something is better than the nothing we were getting before.
Brent, you are seriously drunk on the blue and silver kool aid this year. I'd liked your fandom better when the cowboys were losing.
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Brent, you are seriously drunk on the blue and silver kool aid this year. I'd liked your fandom better when the cowboys were losing.

Not at all. I just don't understand why everyone expects him to be something he never has been, and never will be. But they all shut the fuck up and act like he's the baddest mother fucker to step foot on the field when he fucking waylays someone. Then the very next play, he gets burned on coverage, and they all hate him again.

He's alright. He's not great, but he could be worse. That's all I'm saying. Everyone wants to be Captain fucking Obvious and say he can't cover his own shadow. Well no shit, genius. He never has been able to, but that doesn't seem to be an issue when he's mowing people down.

Fairweather Roy Williams fans.

In all honesty, it's probably fueled by the whole experience this year. There is nothing worse, than trying to have a good time watching some quality football; but it gets ruined because some fucking drunk asshat is yelling "YOU SUCK ROY! YOU'RE A FUCKING WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT, ROY. MY GRANDMA CAN COVER BETTER THAN YOU, ROY, YOU COULDN'T COVER YOUR OWN SHADOW, ROY, so on and so forth. Then you turn around to see who is making all the noise, and it's some dickbreath faggot wearing a Cowboys jersey that's pissing and moaning like a 15 year old spoiled cunt that's on the rag. All this, when Dallas is up by 10 or more. It's happened more than once this season, and it's not the same group of cock jockeys doing it. Shut the fuck up already, we're winning and that's all that matters.
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Not at all. I just don't understand why everyone expects him to be something he never has been, and never will be. But they all shut the fuck up and act like he's the baddest mother fucker to step foot on the field when he fucking waylays someone. Then the very next play, he gets burned on coverage, and they all hate him again.

He's alright. He's not great, but he could be worse. That's all I'm saying. Everyone wants to be Captain fucking Obvious and say he can't cover his own shadow. Well no shit, genius. He never has been able to, but that doesn't seem to be an issue when he's mowing people down.

In all honesty, it's probably fueled by the whole experience this year. There is nothing worse, than trying to have a good time watching some quality football; but it gets ruined because some fucking drunk asshat is yelling "YOU SUCK ROY! YOU'RE A FUCKING WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT, ROY. MY GRANDMA CAN COVER BETTER THAN YOU, ROY, YOU COULDN'T COVER YOUR OWN SHADOW, ROY, so on and so forth. Then you turn around to see who is making all the noise, and it's some dickbreath faggot wearing a Cowboys jersey that's pissing and moaning like a 15 year old spoiled cunt that's on the rag. All this, when Dallas is up by 10 or more. It's happened more than once this season, and it's not the same group of cock jockeys doing it. Shut the fuck up already, we're winning and that's all that matters.
I see what you're saying. You see that type of behavior alot from fair weather fans. From a non-cowboys fan perspective, I'd be more aggravated by the missed tackles he makes trying to deliver that big hit, than him getting beat deep.
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Time Served

he is the same player he has always been and they knew how he played when they got him. he isnt your guy for coverage, kinda what cb's are for. i understand they are last line of defense. but the hits still hurt and thats enough to keep alot of people from going his way and stretching out for the ball. he, much like deion sanders, doesnt have to be the person knocking the ball away in order to contribute on the field

post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Money Made All Good

If he had the speed that he use to, he wouldn't be suspended.

04 5-speed GT
91 5-speed LX Vert
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It goes hand in hand!

post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ssconvertible
he is the same player he has always been and they knew how he played when they got him. he isnt your guy for coverage, kinda what cb's are for. i understand they are last line of defense. but the hits still hurt and thats enough to keep alot of people from going his way and stretching out for the ball. he, much like deion sanders, doesnt have to be the person knocking the ball away in order to contribute on the field

I don't think I have once seen a team shy away from throwing the ball to his part of the field.
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
I don't think I have once seen a team shy away from throwing the ball to his part of the field.

I've seen it happen, but not often. Only a handful of times, in his entire career. It definitely happened more in his college career. It's usually immediately following one of his big hits, or a big hit that lead to an injury. He's just so happend to be in the right spot, when the QB leads the receiver, and he will fucking hammer the receiver in the process of making the catch.

However, if anything; I'd say pro QB's tend to look his way more, because they KNOW he can't cover shit.
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
A horse collar tackle is for slow defensive players who don't know how to tackle.
lol at this one. there's so many situations in which a "horse collar" tackle is the most efficient tackle. it stops them sooner than running all the way up to the guy and tackling him, allowing him to continue to run and also fall forward. a horsecollar stops him, and you can do it without having to be on top of the guy.

it could be the difference between a touchdown or 1st and goal on the 5.

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTAC25thT/A
I got a mental image of Favre doing this. I may have to bust out Photoshop and make this a reality. Maybe some Depends for him as well.
the stupid fucking loin-cloth he wears is making this chop harder than it should be!

post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

and

post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Lifer

Keep practicing.

"It's a dumb rule," linebacker Akin Ayodele said. "It handicaps him being an aggressive safety. He sees someone running by him, what's he supposed to do? Stop? It's a split-second decision."

Linebacker Greg Ellis said it's wrong for the league to take away a starter for a game that has playoff implications over something like this.

How ignorant are those two statements?

post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:

wow!! well put!!
couldnt have said it said any better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement