anyone think petrino is a sorry SOB? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
anyone think petrino is a sorry SOB?

surprised no one mentioned it seeing has we have a few razorbacks here which would mean we have a lot of anti-arkansas folks.

kind of a dick move to leave a team in week 13... the day after a game. shouldnt he have finished out the season (a whopping 3 games) then put in his resignation...

if you are arkansas, why would you want a sorry ass coach like that?
if you are the players wouldnt you think less of the coach right off the bat?
just food for thought.
momo stallion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 1,146
I look at it like this. He knew his situation wasnt going to get any better so he sought employment elsewhere. He did the honorable thing by giving the team ample time to start looking for a replacement. The Falcons are not going to win with or without him.
Venom is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 07:50 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
surprised no one mentioned it seeing has we have a few razorbacks here which would mean we have a lot of anti-arkansas folks.

kind of a dick move to leave a team in week 13... the day after a game. shouldnt he have finished out the season (a whopping 3 games) then put in his resignation...

if you are arkansas, why would you want a sorry ass coach like that?
if you are the players wouldnt you think less of the coach right off the bat?
just food for thought.
If you were coach of the Falcon's...what would you have done? Lame duck coach that the players aren't going to listen to while you miss out on valuable recruiting time? hmmm.
Nate is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Num say'n? (tm)
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,702
Sorry. He committed to the team, he should finish the season.

DFWMustangs.net
JP135 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
I look at it like this. He knew his situation wasnt going to get any better so he sought employment elsewhere. He did the honorable thing by giving the team ample time to start looking for a replacement. The Falcons are not going to win with or without him.
Nothing honorable about what he did. He lied to Arthur Blank and the players about being there for the long haul. He scurried out of there and opportunistically took a better opportunity because he didn't want to go down with the sinking ship called the Atlanta Falcons '07 season. I was watching Sportscenter this morning and pretty much every owner, coach, player, and analyst is labeling him a classless coward.

He's the most hated man in Football at the moment. How you can use the word honorable in the same sentence with Bobby Petrino baffles me.

And the timing of it all is a reflection of his total lack of character. Arthur Blank is well respected in the NFL community. He's been having a shit year dealing with the Michael Vick controversy and right in the middle of that his Head Coach bails on him.

I've been a Razorbacks fan for a long time and I no longer care to follow the team. And what really makes it bizarre is that Arkansas fans think they got themselves a great high profile coach. I wouldn't hire anyone that was willing to cut and run on a struggling football team before the end of the season.

Petrino is disgrace to the game of football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
I think he's a sorry piece of shit. He wanted to be a coach in the NFL and get the big contract, but once he got there realized he couldn't hack it. He could have at least finished the year out. Instead, when the going got tough, he decided to run for the hills. Didn't like him before he went to Atlanta and now I have a good reason to really dislike him.
Hollywood is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
sure, the falcons season was shot and yes he would be a lame duck for the next 3 weeks but he made himself a lame duck since the beginning of the season. i think he should have stuck it out for the next 3 weeks so he didnt have fingers pointed at him for the next several months to come and to jeopordize his character to all of his future players. i guess honor is dead and contracts mean nothing.

he knew taking the job the falcons werent a great team but they definately had a shot in that shitty division once new orleans didnt show up this year.

this just helps that much to destroy an already fragile atlanta organization.
momo stallion is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Nothing honorable about what he did. He lied to Arthur Blank and the players about being there for the long haul. He scurried out of there and opportunistically took a better opportunity because he didn't want to go down with the sinking ship called the Atlanta Falcons '07 season. I was watching Sportscenter this morning and pretty much every owner, coach, player, and analyst is labeling him a classless coward.

He's the most hated man in Football at the moment. How you can use the word honorable in the same sentence with Bobby Petrino baffles me.

And the timing of it all is a reflection of his total lack of character. Arthur Blank is well respected in the NFL community. He's been having a shit year dealing with the Michael Vick controversy and right in the middle of that his Head Coach bails on him.

I've been a Razorbacks fan for a long time and I no longer care to follow the team. And what really makes it bizarre is that Arkansas fans think they got themselves a great high profile coach. I wouldn't hire anyone that was willing to cut and run on a struggling football team before the end of the season.

Petrino is disgrace to the game of football.
You said what I was thinking and then some. Well stated, sir.

Geor! is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
I didn't post anything because I think the hogs downgraded at the head coaching position. I think it is going to be a long 2 or 3 years of losing till he gets run out of town
Cartman is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 09:35 AM
RPM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 263
fuck petrino

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/paul--moore/2zprw46.gif" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>
RPM is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
It's probably the shittiest thing I remember a coach doing in a long time.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 10:07 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
It's probably the shittiest thing I remember a coach doing in a long time.
Well that and nick saban
Cartman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome