#8 Texas beats #1 UCLA (Hoops) - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
#8 Texas beats #1 UCLA (Hoops)

Considering I havent seen them play this year, I wanted to watch this game and totally forgot about it

I guess im still in Football mode like most of us.

Anyone see the game?

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
I saw most of it, flipping back and forth to the BCS selection show. The UT offense doesn't have a weak link. Even that big pussy Atchley is putting up decent numbers. Their zone defense is pretty impressive. They have so much speed on the court so their rotations and traps are great. DJ Augustin went to some Steve Nash camp this summer so he's putting up more running, fading away shots and making better passes. Damion James' mid-range jumper is killer. It seemed like he was 80% from 14'-17' from the hoop. The bench didn't contribute much, but in a game like this, you wouldn't expect them too. I never thought I'd say this, but they're a better team w/o KD.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:08 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Considering I havent seen them play this year, I wanted to watch this game and totally forgot about it

I guess im still in Football mode like most of us.

Anyone see the game?


yep, you missed a good one. Texas totally dominated the first half and then ucla came out to play in the second and kept it close the rest of the way lol. Horns look like a good all around team this year and this is without their star freshman Gary Johnson so far.

Of course it helps when you have probably the best point guard in college right now.
bert89coupe is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:10 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
I saw most of it, flipping back and forth to the BCS selection show. The UT offense doesn't have a weak link. Even that big pussy Atchley is putting up decent numbers. Their zone defense is pretty impressive. They have so much speed on the court so their rotations and traps are great. DJ Augustin went to some Steve Nash camp this summer so he's putting up more running, fading away shots and making better passes. Damion James' mid-range jumper is killer. It seemed like he was 80% from 14'-17' from the hoop. The bench didn't contribute much, but in a game like this, you wouldn't expect them too. I never thought I'd say this, but they're a better team w/o KD.


i wouln't go that far, they'd be just as good or better with KD. For one, KD wouldn't have to play the same role this year as last with more big men down low.

and you actually flipped back and forth?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Sweet....Yeah the KD show last year was fun to watch, but looks like its time for these other guys to shine.

In other news, TAM lost.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
i wouln't go that far, they'd be just as good or better with KD. For one, KD wouldn't have to play the same role this year as last with more big men down low.

and you actually flipped back and forth?
KD was never a great one-on-one defender. Texas is trying to make their zone one of the toughest to face in the country (ala Syracuse). KD wasn't quick enough on his feet to make the rotations but he made up for it in his size and wingspan. This team is definitely quicker and plays better team ball. Even though KD was an offensive beast, the other 4 guys on the floor tended to stand around and just watch. This team has better ball movement, better movement without the ball, and just overall better hustle.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: All the people that though Texas would suck w/o KD are idiots. This isn't football. Basketball is a game of possessions. If one player doesn't score, someone else will. All because KD accounted for what seemed like 50% of the points last year, it wasn't like the Horns would have a 50% dropoff in production.

Yes I flipped back and forth because I still wanted to see where the Horns would be playing this year.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:28 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
In other news, TAM lost.
Yeah, that game was painful to watch. I blame the guys calling the game, they jynxed them. When A&M was up by 20, they were putting A&M in the final four. Whoa, lets ease up there, trigger.

But that was a solid win for t.u.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
KD was never a great one-on-one defender. Texas is trying to make their zone one of the toughest to face in the country (ala Syracuse). KD wasn't quick enough on his feet to make the rotations but he made up for it in his size and wingspan. This team is definitely quicker and plays better team ball. Even though KD was an offensive beast, the other 4 guys on the floor tended to stand around and just watch. This team has better ball movement, better movement without the ball, and just overall better hustle.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: All the people that though Texas would suck w/o KD are idiots. This isn't football. Basketball is a game of possessions. If one player doesn't score, someone else will. All because KD accounted for what seemed like 50% of the points last year, it wasn't like the Horns would have a 50% dropoff in production.

Yes I flipped back and forth because I still wanted to see where the Horns would be playing this year.

yeah i was talking about KD on offense, but sure, i agree.
bert89coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome