Leach to UCLA? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Leach to UCLA?

It's a rumor . . . discuss.


I think he could recruit better defensive players at UCLA.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 761
It's not going to happen this year. Why would he leave with Harrell being a senior next year, the entire D returning, the entire o line coming back, and the best receiver in the nation coming back in Crabtree. We also have some great commits already on the D for next year. Tech will be scary next year.
5.8 STANG is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Along for the ride
 
2cammer97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Frisco
Posts: 7,029
I also read he might be up for the Arkansas job. If he gets offered either job he should take it.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
2cammer97 is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
I also read he might be up for the Arkansas job. If he gets offered either job he should take it.

Marcus
Spoken like a true Aggie. I am sure you would love Leach to go considering your record vs him. That is like the entire Big 12 advising A&M to keep Fran!
5.8 STANG is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
Spoken like a true Aggie. I am sure you would love Leach to go considering your record vs him. That is like the entire Big 12 advising A&M to keep Fran!
ha!

Slowhand is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
It's not going to happen this year. Why would he leave with Harrell being a senior next year, the entire D returning, the entire o line coming back, and the best receiver in the nation coming back in Crabtree. We also have some great commits already on the D for next year. Tech will be scary next year.


To be scary wouldn't he have to get some sort of running game and a good D?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Along for the ride
 
2cammer97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Frisco
Posts: 7,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
Spoken like a true Aggie. I am sure you would love Leach to go considering your record vs him. That is like the entire Big 12 advising A&M to keep Fran!
Don't kid yourself, I could care less if Tech has Leach or not.

The reason he should take either job if they are offered to him is because they are more attractive programs. If you can't see that maybe you have west Texas dust in your eyes.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
2cammer97 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
Don't kid yourself, I could care less if Tech has Leach or not.

The reason he should take either job if they are offered to him is because they are more attractive programs. If you can't see that maybe you have west Texas dust in your eyes.

Marcus
Are they more attractive? Go to Arkansas and get your brains beat in by a brutal SEC conference, or go to UCLA and play second fiddle to USC and Cal in the state. Also there is much less talent in the two states as opposed to Texas. I hate to tell you this Aggies but Tech has surpassed you as quality of football. We are the second best team in Texas behind UT. We are a few defensive recruits away from a stellar team. Tech had the 2nd youngest team in the nation this year and have 17 returning starters. I would watch out...
5.8 STANG is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Along for the ride
 
2cammer97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Frisco
Posts: 7,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
Are they more attractive? Go to Arkansas and get your brains beat in by a brutal SEC conference, or go to UCLA and play second fiddle to USC and Cal in the state. Also there is much less talent in the two states as opposed to Texas. I hate to tell you this Aggies but Tech has surpassed you as quality of football. We are the second best team in Texas behind UT. We are a few defensive recruits away from a stellar team. Tech had the 2nd youngest team in the nation this year and have 17 returning starters. I would watch out...
I guess you're right. Why would Leach want to coach at a school that went 10-2 last year and 8-4 this year in the best conference in college football. Why would he want to go out to the west coast where his offensive style would fit perfect, he'd get more exposure, and he might be able to add more athletes on D? Leach should just finish out his coaching days in Lubbock. After all, it is a national powerhouse and "stellar" program.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
2cammer97 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
I guess you're right. Why would Leach want to coach at a school that went 10-2 last year and 8-4 this year in the best conference in college football. Why would he want to go out to the west coast where his offensive style would fit perfect, he'd get more exposure, and he might be able to add more athletes on D? Leach should just finish out his coaching days in Lubbock. After all, it is a national powerhouse and "stellar" program.

Marcus
Good point because Arkansas has the players to run Leach's offense right? McFaden and Felix Jones would be great receivers.

It would be a 3 year process to get his type of spread offense players in place. Tech has their best team ever coming back and some amazing recruits will be playing next year for this team. All the entitled Aggies are in denial that they are now the 5th best team in the Big 12 south. Tech is a better place to be than A&M. Enjoy battling Baylor for last place in the Big 12.

Last edited by 5.8 STANG; 11-29-2007 at 06:44 PM.
5.8 STANG is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Along for the ride
 
2cammer97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Frisco
Posts: 7,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
Good point because Arkansas has the players to run Leach's offense right? McFaden and Felix Jones would be great receivers.

It would be a 3 year process to get his type of spread offense players in place. Tech has their best team ever coming back and some amazing recruits will be playing next year for this team. All the entitled Aggies are in denial that they are now the 5th best team in the Big 12 south. Tech is a better place to be than A&M. Enjoy battling Baylor for last place in the Big 12.
I quit. You win. We'll see what happens.

Back to the Cowboys game.

Gig 'em.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
2cammer97 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome