Leach to UCLA? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Leach to UCLA?

It's a rumor . . . discuss.

I think he could recruit better defensive players at UCLA.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Time Served

It's not going to happen this year. Why would he leave with Harrell being a senior next year, the entire D returning, the entire o line coming back, and the best receiver in the nation coming back in Crabtree. We also have some great commits already on the D for next year. Tech will be scary next year.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Along for the ride

I also read he might be up for the Arkansas job. If he gets offered either job he should take it.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
I also read he might be up for the Arkansas job. If he gets offered either job he should take it.

Marcus
Spoken like a true Aggie. I am sure you would love Leach to go considering your record vs him. That is like the entire Big 12 advising A&M to keep Fran!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
Spoken like a true Aggie. I am sure you would love Leach to go considering your record vs him. That is like the entire Big 12 advising A&M to keep Fran!
ha!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
It's not going to happen this year. Why would he leave with Harrell being a senior next year, the entire D returning, the entire o line coming back, and the best receiver in the nation coming back in Crabtree. We also have some great commits already on the D for next year. Tech will be scary next year.

To be scary wouldn't he have to get some sort of running game and a good D?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Along for the ride

Quote:
Don't kid yourself, I could care less if Tech has Leach or not.

The reason he should take either job if they are offered to him is because they are more attractive programs. If you can't see that maybe you have west Texas dust in your eyes.

Marcus

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Don't kid yourself, I could care less if Tech has Leach or not.

The reason he should take either job if they are offered to him is because they are more attractive programs. If you can't see that maybe you have west Texas dust in your eyes.

Marcus
Are they more attractive? Go to Arkansas and get your brains beat in by a brutal SEC conference, or go to UCLA and play second fiddle to USC and Cal in the state. Also there is much less talent in the two states as opposed to Texas. I hate to tell you this Aggies but Tech has surpassed you as quality of football. We are the second best team in Texas behind UT. We are a few defensive recruits away from a stellar team. Tech had the 2nd youngest team in the nation this year and have 17 returning starters. I would watch out...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Along for the ride

Quote:
Are they more attractive? Go to Arkansas and get your brains beat in by a brutal SEC conference, or go to UCLA and play second fiddle to USC and Cal in the state. Also there is much less talent in the two states as opposed to Texas. I hate to tell you this Aggies but Tech has surpassed you as quality of football. We are the second best team in Texas behind UT. We are a few defensive recruits away from a stellar team. Tech had the 2nd youngest team in the nation this year and have 17 returning starters. I would watch out...
I guess you're right. Why would Leach want to coach at a school that went 10-2 last year and 8-4 this year in the best conference in college football. Why would he want to go out to the west coast where his offensive style would fit perfect, he'd get more exposure, and he might be able to add more athletes on D? Leach should just finish out his coaching days in Lubbock. After all, it is a national powerhouse and "stellar" program.

Marcus

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I guess you're right. Why would Leach want to coach at a school that went 10-2 last year and 8-4 this year in the best conference in college football. Why would he want to go out to the west coast where his offensive style would fit perfect, he'd get more exposure, and he might be able to add more athletes on D? Leach should just finish out his coaching days in Lubbock. After all, it is a national powerhouse and "stellar" program.

Marcus
Good point because Arkansas has the players to run Leach's offense right? McFaden and Felix Jones would be great receivers.

It would be a 3 year process to get his type of spread offense players in place. Tech has their best team ever coming back and some amazing recruits will be playing next year for this team. All the entitled Aggies are in denial that they are now the 5th best team in the Big 12 south. Tech is a better place to be than A&M. Enjoy battling Baylor for last place in the Big 12.

Last edited by 5.8 STANG; 11-29-2007 at 06:44 PM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Along for the ride

Quote:
Good point because Arkansas has the players to run Leach's offense right? McFaden and Felix Jones would be great receivers.

It would be a 3 year process to get his type of spread offense players in place. Tech has their best team ever coming back and some amazing recruits will be playing next year for this team. All the entitled Aggies are in denial that they are now the 5th best team in the Big 12 south. Tech is a better place to be than A&M. Enjoy battling Baylor for last place in the Big 12.
I quit. You win. We'll see what happens.

Back to the Cowboys game.

Gig 'em.

Marcus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement