Ticket P1's: Greggo Update - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Ticket P1's: Greggo Update

Don't know if you've read or heard this yet. Yesterday they mentioned on the air that a major announcement would be made this week.

Cliff's Notes for the non-reader: Greggo went into Rehab for Cocaine.

Quote:
http://dallasobserver.com/2007-11-22/news/hammered/

Greg Williams 'Hammers' The Ticket
Detoured again by drugs, Greg Williams and The Ticket face a bump in the road
By Richie Whitt
Published: November 22, 2007

After this, it may never be the same.

On Friday, October 12, the most popular sports talk radio show in the history of Dallas prepared for a routine remote broadcast at Addison's Blackfin Pub. KTCK-1310 AM The Ticket afternoon co-host Mike Rhyner arrived on time. Longtime sidekick Greg Williams, however, was alarmingly tardy.

Williams—"The Hammer" to a legion of loony fans that consistently makes the irreverent guy-talk station No. 1 in the market—finally appeared, albeit noticeably fidgety and audibly discombobulated. And then, just one segment into the four-hour show, he abruptly up and left.

No one's sure where Williams had been. But now we know where he was headed—down a dangerous, dark detour toward self-destruction. One that, according to multiple sources, ultimately landed him in rehab for a cocaine problem. One that, undeniably, has thrust his career in jeopardy, his co-workers in limbo and his countless loyal listeners into a passionate debate about his fate.

"I've got a lot of fences to mend," Williams said last week from his Turtle Creek condo. "I had the world by the balls, and I just pissed on it."

Speaking in strained, guarded tones, Williams declined to discuss the specifics of his six-week absence. In his first public comments since bailing in mid-syllable, he confirmed only that he's now void of drugs, full of regret and buoyed by hope that he'll be welcomed back to the 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. show that nurtured him into one of local radio's most charismatic personalities.

"I'm OK," said Williams, who in 2004 endured 43 sleepless hours and suicidal thoughts in detox combating an addiction to the prescription painkiller Lorcet, and who has admitted on the air to experimenting with cocaine in the 1980s. "I'm doing what I need to be doing. Getting the help I need. I'm in a much better place than I was a month ago."

Fueling the mystery and hyper-driving the speculation on Williams' disappearance, Ticket co-workers and management were forced to respond with silence.

Because of legal ramifications and health care privacy laws, The Ticket is ball-gagged by what it can say about Williams, an employee on paid leave while voluntarily receiving treatment for a disease.

Nonetheless, the secrecy has flabbergasted devoted Ticket listeners attracted to its unique camaraderie and candor. Like no other station, The Ticket fosters a rabidly strong personal relationship with listeners through honesty and disclosure, allowing them to feel like members of a beer-guzzling, boob-gawking, ball-bouncing frat house.

But program director Jeff Catlin would only say last week that Williams is "taking personal time off." Threatened with termination of their contracts if they speak publicly about Greggo, station hosts remain uncharacteristically mum. Rhyner has addressed his partner's absence with just a few terse declarations.

"He's not here," Rhyner snaps a couple times a week on air, "and we don't know when he'll be back."

Mandated or not, the awkward radio silence reeks of hypocrisy.

The idle time without one of their favorite personas—speaking of full disclosure, I sat in for Williams on The Hardline's October 24 show—also sparked a flurry of rumors. Depending on what you choose to believe from my e-mail inbox, voice mail and comments to our Unfair Park blog, Williams is either: recovering from Lap Band surgery; getting replaced by San Francisco talk-show host Ralph Barbieri; reuniting with old mentor Randy Galloway; on maternity leave; spending time as an outpatient at the Timberlawn psychiatric hospital on Samuell Boulevard; dead; appearing in the remake of Dallas; stockpiling a gun armory; getting married; or finally admitting he's gay.

Though it's easy to dismiss a Hardline audience whose moral compass is guided by yuk-monkey Corby Davidson's over-cussing, producer Danny Balis' black cloud and a slew of disgruntled bikini girls, The Ticket's hard-core listeners are 60-40 in favor of Williams' return. Some decree, as was the case with the Dallas Cowboys' Michael Irvin and Mavericks' Roy Tarpley, that he be afforded a second or even third chance to defeat his drug demons. Some, disgusted by his on-air decline, horribly selfish choices and sanctimonious lambasting of Barry Bonds' steroid use, wish Williams good riddance. Others are just intoxicated by the drama, constantly posting possible sightings to Web sites such as wheresgreggo.com.

Bottom line: Williams will complete his rehab and return to The Ticket's airwaves before the end of the month.

"I've always wished Greg would treat himself as well as he treats others," says friend and former Ticket co-worker Richard Hunter, host of Big Dick's Wild Ass Circus weeknights at 10 p.m. on KLLI-105.3 FM. "After talking with him during his absence, I believe he's taking steps to learn how to do that."

With sports talk competitor KFCD-990 AM recently dying and ESPN-103.3 FM still airing the ridiculously annoying and New York-based Stephen A. Smith in the afternoon, The Ticket has continued to thrive without Williams. Like the New England Patriots overcoming the brief loss of Randy Moss simply with more Tom Brady and Wes Welker, the station's eight straight ratings periods as No. 1 among men ages 25-54 validates its radio dynasty.

But considering Williams' sad saga, can the Marconi Awards continue? Can The Ticket retain its credibility despite one of its hosts drugging his into oblivion? And, if forced to put on a disingenuous happy face, will The Hardline deteriorate into The Hard Lie?

When Hammer returns, he'll be met by everything from hugs to indifferent shrugs. He can boast of eating 10 Whataburgers and produce classic "Do you like this gig?" ramblings all he wants, but Williams' reputation has suffered serious damage. Privately, some co-workers no longer trust him, caring for Williams as a person but writing him off as a professional.

That alienation surfaced during the last month, when the same station that circled the emotional wagons in the wake of close friend Carter Albrecht's death unsympathetically abandoned and morphed Williams into a punch line. The Hardline returned from commercial breaks to Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" and Eric Clapton's "Cocaine." And Rhyner, Williams' partner since the station's inception in 1994, one day punctuated a Hammer series of "don't stop him, he's on a roll" archived audio snippets with "Oh, if you only knew how much he was rollin'." A diluted kinship amongst on-air personalities would severely damage the station's hallmark: genuine chemistry.

Whatever the resolution, Hammer's status is the biggest blow The Ticket has faced.

But come to think of it, The Hardline could—like the dead guy propped up in Weekend at Bernie's—eternally embalm Williams' legacy just by regularly playing well-timed drops. Even more fascinating will be Williams' reality-check return to the air.

"Honestly, you know what the best thing for me would be right now?" Williams says. "Getting back to work."

Stay hard, right?
Quote:
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...he_contrar.php

Hammer Still Missing From Tool Box

Mon Nov 26, 2007 at 0248 PM
As some of our Friends clearly need their daily Greg "Hammer" Williams update, here 'tis:

Despite speculation here and elsewhere that Williams would be returning to KTCK-AM's "The Hardline" this afternoon at 3, that will not be the case. "He's not in the building today," Ticket program director Jeff Catlin told Unfair Park moments ago. And when asked if Williams would be returning this week, as Richie Whitt wrote last week in his terrific column on the subject, Catlin said, "I don't know, and that's the truth."

Which means, for now, this still makes the perfect Christmas present. --Robert Wilonsky

An update, courtesy Richie Whitt: Minutes ago on "The Afternoon Drive-Time Sports Update Smorgasboard Un-Hardline Show," host Mike Rhyner made an announcement essentially about an upcoming announcement.

"Now that it's out there," Mike said, referring to last week's column in the paper version of Unfair Park, "we can talk about it." But -- you knew that was coming, didn't ya? -- that on-air discussion won't happen until, in Rhyner's words, "we have a definitive resolution."

"When we do address it," he said, "we'll focus more on what's in front of us rather than what's gone on with this show in the past."

Talking to Greggo and station sources last week it sure sounded like The Hammer would at some point be back on the air, possibly as early as this week. But with Rhyner now talking about the future, it's sounding more and more like Williams is past tense.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm on a boat.

Hmmm...

Always liked the Hammer, and I couldn't imagine his buds at the Ticket turning their backs on him.
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:58 AM

Hardline obviously isn't the same without Greggo.

I think when/if he comes back everything will soon be forgotten.

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

I really like the Hammer, but I don't think the HL has suffered one bit w/ K Scott in his place. I've always been a Greggo defender, but when you break it down, is he really good for anything more than future drops? If he comes back, great, if not, eh.

Hazmat uniform.

post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Would like to have him back but like the others, I don't think the HL has or will suffer that much. Not the same without him though.
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Much like his Lorcet stint, he hasn't produced anything the last few months except excellent drops. Remember, the "huh?" drops were from the month before he went into rehab for Lorcet.

When he got out of rehab last time, he was good old Greggo and was part of the show. So hopefully he'll be himself again.

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
I really like the Hammer, but I don't think the HL has suffered one bit w/ K Scott in his place. I've always been a Greggo defender, but when you break it down, is he really good for anything more than future drops? If he comes back, great, if not, eh.

Hazmat uniform.
I agree. Now if Corby left...
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

If he comes back, how long will it last this time?

He's a great source for drops, but he can be (and seemingly has been) replaced.

DFWMustangs.net
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

I've never cared for Greggo's sports insights, but just knowing that at any time robot Greggo may rear it's ugly head or one of his patented drop worthy moments may take place is reason enough to have him in my opinion.
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

robot greggo is greatness. keep him!

DFWMustangs.net
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I agree. Now if Corby left...
One can only dream.
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
One can only dream.
Typical Kidd Craddick fan
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Typical Kidd Craddick fan
Ron Chapman.

I can't stand that guy. Funniest thing he does is his Pterodactyl laugh intro. And as we all know, it isn't that funny.
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Ron Chapman.

I can't stand that guy. Funniest thing he does is his Pterodactyl laugh intro. And as we all know, it isn't that funny.

This just in Danny boy: Guitar Hero and Corby are greatness. 0-2 is the count.
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Ron Chapman.

Come on. Overcusser? Redundant Man? Fart game? Obvious Man? Not to mention his interviews during the Super Bowl, training camp, Spring training, etc. So many great bits that couldn't be replaced if he left.

I went to TCU...

post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Out

Quote:
Come on. Overcusser? Redundant Man? Fart game? Obvious Man? Not to mention his interviews during the Super Bowl, training camp, Spring training, etc. So many great bits that couldn't be replaced if he left.

I went to TCU...
Jesus!
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm on a boat.

Corby is gold! His interviews with Shaq are the best.
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Out

If anything, Mike needs to go... just sayin'.
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
This just in Danny boy: Guitar Hero and Corby are greatness. 0-2 is the count.
Thanks for emphasizing my points.

Bob is the best personality on the Ticket. The one that really kills me is Danny, I hate that guy.
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 02:08 PM
May the Force be w/you

I guess I'm torn on whether Greggo should be back or not. It obviously seems as thought they have not missed a beat in his absence. And for this to be the 2nd time he does this.....I would imagine trust and patience for him are two things in very short supply.
post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Thanks for emphasizing my points.

Bob is the best personality on the Ticket. The one that really kills me is Danny, I hate that guy.
Swing and a miss, 46Tbird goes down on strikes.
post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Lifer

And Anubis goes down on pitchers, zing.
post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 PM
P1

corby is the best personality on radio. BaD radio severely went downhill with the addition of Donovan, cant stand him, he;s not funny

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
And Anubis goes down on pitchers, zing.
Only in womans softball, your move.
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
corby is the best personality on radio. BaD radio severely went downhill with the addition of Donovan, cant stand him, he;s not funny
He's black.

And Danny, you have swung and missed so bad it's funny.
post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
You eat chitlins!

post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Is it cold in here?

The TICKET is what I miss most about Dallas!!!

[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
BaD radio severely went downhill with the addition of Donovan, cant stand him, he;s not funny
The uncomfortableness of two obvious white guys who have had blinders on was classic with the introduction of Donovan.

But I do hate Donovan's Not Gay judgements on things that are obviously gay.

post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 07:45 AM
dead

k scott is mediocre at best. i dont care about greggos problem, he is funny and i want him on the radio.

shows that have lasted this long work due to chemistry and greg the hamburger williams is a big part of it.
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Time Served

I really like HL with, or without Greggo.
post #31 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 04:01 PM
CEO of......

i guess i'll have to be the first to say, who cares.
post #32 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Big "foot"

Quote:
I've never cared for Greggo's sports insights, but just knowing that at any time robot Greggo may rear it's ugly head or one of his patented drop worthy moments may take place is reason enough to have him in my opinion.
Very good point. I feel the same way.

Quote:

I went to TCU...
Don't waste your breath, I've had the same discussion with him, and he's hopeless. Danny (46Tbird) is a smart guy, but he don't know from funny.

post #33 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

NEW UPDATE!!!

Looks like things took a dive. Start playing the Greenday.

Quote:
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...out_a_deal.php

Thu Dec 06, 2007 at 02:20:11 PM

Lawyers. That’s the latest update on the continuing saga of host Greg Williams and KTCK-AM (1310, The Ticket). The wind has drastically changed directions since I wrote in my November 22 column that “The Hammer” would be back on the air at The Ticket.

At the time, Williams was determined to exorcise his drug demons and re-claim his spot on the afternoon show "The Hardline." And, at the time, station management was receptive -- or, at least, legally obligated to accept his return. Now? Don’t count on it.

After Thanksgiving, there was a volatile face-to-face meeting between Williams and co-workers. And, recently, Williams and station management have down-shifted from not being able to say too much to not being able to say anything at all. Which means only one thing: lawyers.

My theory is that the involved parties are negotiating a departure rather than a return -- and that this could drag out for weeks, likely into the new year. Co-host Mike Rhyner most recently addressed the situation on-air on November 26 when he hinted at the show’s future being dramatically altered from its past. “Now that it's out there,” Mike said, “we can talk about it. But we have to wait until we have a definitive resolution on this thing. When we do address it, we'll focus more on what's in front of us rather than what's gone on with this show in the past.”

This morning we received another subtle, yet seemingly definitive clue about Hammer’s life-support status when he wasn’t included in The Ticket’s annual “White Elephant” cross-dressing of hosts and shifts, set for next Wednesday. Afterward, morning hosts George Dunham and Craig Miller teased us with the promise of a phone call from a long-time Ticket voice upset at his exclusion. Hammer? Fake Greggo? Nope, just this guy < Link to RBI Pultz's Myspace page >. --Richie Whitt

post #34 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8

NEW UPDATE!!!

Looks like things took a dive. Start playing the Greenday.

That sucks.
post #35 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 04:04 PM
dead

stupid hammer.
post #36 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Big "foot"

So much for that. :-/

Any good speculation on what to do with the afternoon show?

You've got 10-noon that's going to retire/die sometime in the not too distant future, and the old grey wolf isn't going to live forever.

post #37 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 04:08 PM
May the Force be w/you

Boy that whole situation went downhill pretty damn fast! Oh well. The ticket will be just fine without him.
post #38 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm on a boat.

Quote:
My theory is that the involved parties are negotiating a departure rather than a return.
As stated before...

That theory cannot be proven.
post #39 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
So much for that. :-/

Any good speculation on what to do with the afternoon show?

You've got 10-noon that's going to retire/die sometime in the not too distant future, and the old grey wolf isn't going to live forever.

I think BAD radio is the heir apparent for the Afternoon Drive slot.

But I enjoyed a little K Scott filling in the first few days of Greggo's absence. I wouldn't mind him replacing Greggo full time. K Scott hasn't been on for the last few weeks, so I wonder if he is going to replace him but they can't put him on the air yet until they find a solution for Greggo's contract.

post #40 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Big "foot"

Quote:

But I enjoyed a little K Scott filling in the first few days of Greggo's absence. I wouldn't mind him replacing Greggo full time. K Scott hasn't been on for the last few weeks, so I wonder if he is going to replace him but they can't put him on the air yet until they find a solution for Greggo's contract.

I think you're right about BaD radio, which is ok, I guess. They're going to have to find a new way to work the snake in if that's the case.

I like K Scott too, but I dunno, I just don't think he's ready to fill shoes that big yet. He strikes me as more of a producer/ticker guy type that has an on-air presence.

post #41 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:

That would suck because I don't like BAD radio. I can't stand Dan or Donovan. Bob is ok, but I only like him in small doses.
post #42 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
That would suck because I don't like BAD radio. I can't stand Dan or Donovan. Bob is ok, but I only like him in small doses.
BAD Radio certainly isn't afternoon drive time material.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #43 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Big "foot"

Quote:
You know, there's something about their show I don't like either, and I have a hard time putting my finger on it. I like Donovan fine, he definately has more upside than down. Dan is kind of annoying, but compliments Bob just fine. I think it's all the tension with Tom. If I was Tom I'd have an ulcer the size of a fuckin' football because it seems like they're waiting for any tiny thing to crucify him over.

post #44 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
You know, there's something about their show I don't like either, and I have a hard time putting my finger on it. I like Donovan fine, he definately has more upside than down. Dan is kind of annoying, but compliments Bob just fine. I think it's all the tension with Tom. If I was Tom I'd have an ulcer the size of a fuckin' football because it seems like they're waiting for any tiny thing to crucify him over.
That about sums it up. Normally when I don't like a radio personality its because of their voice or an abundance of opinions that I just absolutely disagree with. None of them figure into that equation. I can't figure out why I dislike Dan so much and why their show does nothing for me. Everyday I attempt to listen to them while i'm on my lunch break because there's nothing else on, and everyday I last just a few minutes before just flat out turning the dial off. I don't know.
post #45 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
BAD Radio certainly isn't afternoon drive time material.
Agreed. I like BaD, but they're not drive-time worthy.

The Hammer is an idiot, but he's not the only person to piss away his life for dope.

DFWMustangs.net
post #46 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:43 AM

Bring back Rocco or Elf.

post #47 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
That about sums it up. Normally when I don't like a radio personality its because of their voice or an abundance of opinions that I just absolutely disagree with. None of them figure into that equation. I can't figure out why I dislike Dan so much and why their show does nothing for me. Everyday I attempt to listen to them while i'm on my lunch break because there's nothing else on, and everyday I last just a few minutes before just flat out turning the dial off. I don't know.
I think you have to listen to the entire 3 hours of the show to appreciate BAD radio. I sit at a desk all day, so I can listen all day. Everyone in my office finally has quit asking why I'm always cracking up laughing for no reason at 2:55 each day.

You also must keep one thing in mind while listening . . . it's a bit. That's the answer to all the question marks that pop up over everyone's head the first time they listen. They're full of radio gold, especially when they're interviewing someone.

Tom is defiantly the weak link of the show. BAD could be drive time caliber with a better producer. Donovan really is a non-factor. I've never thought he's brought anything to the show, or at least anything that the management thought he would bring. The cultural shock/tension of Donovan and BAD was great in the beginning, but lately Donovan has been worthless.

Grubes is the factor that no one can pin point as to the reason why they don't like the show. IMO: He's like Expo when the Hardline was greatness, except in hyperactive mode. He goes over the top with drops, but he does pull out random bits of audio gold that I don't think anyone else would ever think of, which makes him my MVP.

Wow, did I just write all this crap about a radio show? That's kind of gay.

post #48 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
I think you have to listen to the entire 3 hours of the show to appreciate BAD radio. I sit at a desk all day, so I can listen all day. Everyone in my office finally has quit asking why I'm always cracking up laughing for no reason at 2:55 each day.

You also must keep one thing in mind while listening . . . it's a bit. That's the answer to all the question marks that pop up over everyone's head the first time they listen. They're full of radio gold, especially when they're interviewing someone.

Tom is defiantly the weak link of the show. BAD could be drive time caliber with a better producer. Donovan really is a non-factor. I've never thought he's brought anything to the show, or at least anything that the management thought he would bring. The cultural shock/tension of Donovan and BAD was great in the beginning, but lately Donovan has been worthless.

Grubes is the factor that no one can pin point as to the reason why they don't like the show. IMO: He's like Expo when the Hardline was greatness, except in hyperactive mode. He goes over the top with drops, but he does pull out random bits of audio gold that I don't think anyone else would ever think of, which makes him my MVP.

Wow, did I just write all this crap about a radio show? That's kind of gay.
I think Grubes is under-rated. The guy does bring something to the table even thought he's a bit of a dork.
I do love the 2:55 segment, but then again, you have 2 shows talking along with the genius of line 4 guy. As for the rest of BAD radio, 2 of their bits that stand out the most that I don't care for is Homer Call of the week and the gay not gay bit. Neither has ever done anything for me.
post #49 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
As for the rest of BAD radio, 2 of their bits that stand out the most that I don't care for is Homer Call of the week and the gay not gay bit. Neither has ever done anything for me.
[Tiny Dan] Really Man?? [/Tiny Dan]

Gay, Not Gay has it's moments, but Homer Call is greatness. Especially when Rich and Craig whatever his name is are in the mix.

post #50 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 01:09 PM
dead

tom has only one redeeming quality and that is 1920s reporter guy.

grubes the drop troll is worth his weight in radio gold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement