Michael Vick - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Michael Vick

to not report to training camp per Roger Goodell.

Its all over espn, msn, and fox sports. He wont be attending training camp, and regardless of how this turns out, is speculated by the guys from NFL live on ESPN, that he will not be an Atlanta Falcon after this year.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A...to_report.aspx
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946832

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Paid Dividends Since Q304

Micheal Vick really?

That loser is in the dog house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang101_daughter
I think your really hot I want to blow you call me
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector lavoe
That loser is in the dog house.

Are you being carcasstic?

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Also, I wonder if Culpepper will go to Atlanta...

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:45 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

LOL!

Quote:
Embattled NFL quarterback Michael Vick, facing federal charges related to his alleged participation in dogfighting, has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges the Atlanta Falcons star stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran," FOX News has learned.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293268,00.html

The hand written complaint:

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...athan_file.pdf

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:53 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOZMO
Also, I wonder if Culpepper will go to Atlanta...
He went to the Raiders last month.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
That is seriously funny.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 10:50 PM
T-MINUS

He is getting ready to take a huge loss. Dumb SMF.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Time Served

They need to tie a fucking T-bone around his neck and through him right in the middle of a pack of wild dog's.

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Custom User Title

Is he done with the NFL? I think so but maybe the CFL or Europe what do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 05:55 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
Is he done with the NFL? I think so but maybe the CFL or Europe what do you guys think?
I doubt CFL or Europe will take him.

Ricky Williams was just a pothead. Vick is a complete piece of trash.

If he's banned from the NFL, he can't play in Europe either.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

He's done. We should know what his plea is by tomorrow. The other defendants are suppose to plea tomorrow.

If they plea before he does I'm sure the DA will say, "No more deals."

I also understand the judge is a real stickler for maximum sentences. In Vick's case 5 years.

Take him out of the oven, he's done.

The commish is playing it close to his vest saying he'll wait to see if there is a plea deal and what the summary information is before making a decision but I can not see how they wouldn't ban him for life on a plea deal.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 09:02 PM
T-MINUS

At least his street cred is on the rise!

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 12:51 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Looks like he's going to make a plea agreement sometime today.

10-12 month sentence.

This guy is getting off on a lot of other shit like illegal gambling and I don't think that the state will be coming after him either. I think we're going to have to wait for all of the details, but I think that this is going to be the case.

So the main player behind all of this shit is going to get 10-12 months while is compadres will receive probably around 3 years or so. I hope Vick's life in prison is a painful one, but since he is a celebrity, it won't be.

Last edited by Geof; 08-20-2007 at 01:04 PM.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof

10-12 month sentence.

This guy is getting off on a lot of other shit like illegal gambling and I don't think that the state will be coming after him either. I think we're going to have to wait for all of the details, but I think that this is going to be the case.

So the main player behind all of this shit is going to get 10-12 months while is compadres will receive probably around 3 years or so. I hope Vick's life in prison is a painful one, but since he is a celebrity, it won't be.
& a fine of 250k
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Time Served

Wow they went easy on him with letting him plea to a "conspiracy" charge. It basically allows you to say "I was thinking about doing it but decided not to", which would make it easy for the PR team to defend his credibility.

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY
& a fine of 250k
Big fuckin deal.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Time Served

I've heard from ESPN's John Clayton that part of the plea deal was to serve somewere in between 18-36 months. and 250k fine. As soon as the falcons part ways there gonna ask for 22 million back from him. The guy had everything and now problay is gonna lose most if not all of the money he's made. NFL career is probaly done. All of this just to keep it real.

but i then just thought about it. this guy attended The university of Virginia Tech for 3 years or so, he could easily use the education he recieved for free there when he attended every class. and get a great job in the work force. picking up on the sarcasm yet.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
UFO Club Member

Im guessing a year of prison and doesnt play for NFL again. (though someone will most likely sign him whose desperate)

"I Approve This Message"
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:29 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by must"have"ang
Im guessing a year of prison and doesnt play for NFL again. (though someone will most likely sign him whose desperate)
I don't think any of the owners will want to face that PR nightmare of signing a [Aunt Edna]DOG KILLER![/Aunt Edna]. He's done in the NFL, I believe, and I don't even think CFL will pick him up. MAYBE the AFL.
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Lifer

When "Keepin it Real" goes wrong...
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
I don't think any of the owners will want to face that PR nightmare of signing a [Aunt Edna]DOG KILLER![/Aunt Edna]. He's done in the NFL, I believe, and I don't even think CFL will pick him up. MAYBE the AFL.
Not only that, he was a shitty QB, a couple years out of the league, and what do you have? An even shittier QB with alot of baggage. I'd bet the farm that he's done in the NFL.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Michael Vick is just a damn moron. He had everything he could ever dream of having..money..women..great career. He just screwed his life over with his ignorance. Ahh..lets just sit back and see what happens.
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:

10-12 month sentence.

See I think this is odd, they stated he is getting a heavier sentence than others for the same crime see quote below. I think most people dislike Vick in general and the dog fighting is an excuse to attack him given their relative distaste for him already. I give a shit if someone kills their dog, I have a dog I would never kill but I grew up in the country where killing animals was part of life. I understand he killed the dogs because they couldn't perform but hell people kill horses and racing dogs all the time for the same reason. As for gambling, big deal he gambled on dogs not much different than buying a lotto ticket in comparison to gambling on sports, like his own sport. His gambling is no more of an issue than Ricky Williams smoking weed. Both acts are illegal and niether affect the game they play. I think Vick is an idiot for doing this but this is not the worst crime ever commited by an NFL star, he is exciting to watch on the football field.

After much negotiating, Michael Vick will plead guilty to dogfighting conspiracy charges. Federal prosecutors reportedly will seek a sentence of between 12 and 18 months, which would be a harsher penalty than what first-time convicts usually get.

http://news.aol.com/sports
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 06:47 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
See I think this is odd, they stated he is getting a heavier sentence than others for the same crime see quote below.
Dude, are you defending this clown? He's a straight up wanna be gangsta, aside from being a star QB for a B-rated market NFL Team, he's about as ghetto as you can be. Even though it might sound like I'm being racist, he fucked up his entire life for doing more than just buying a lotto ticket. He is responsible for animal cruelty and barbaric behaviour. Who in the hell electrocutes/hangs/drowns dogs for no other reason than they lost a dog fight (in reality the dog cost him money and he killed it or had it killed in an inhumane way) I hate fucking dogs of all kinds, but nothing deserves to be killed in that manner, I hope that no frills Judge hangs his ass and the NFL bans this fag for life...'Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Big fuckin deal.

I'm just adding to your comment...Dude I could care less what happen to Vick. He made his own bed a he can ly in it.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

That's gangsta!
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jro254
Michael Vick is just a damn moron. He had everything he could ever dream of having..money..women..great career. He just screwed his life over with his ignorance. Ahh..lets just sit back and see what happens.
Don't forget about the herpes he has too. Ron Mexico FTW
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
Dude, are you defending this clown? He's a straight up wanna be gangsta, aside from being a star QB for a B-rated market NFL Team, he's about as ghetto as you can be. Even though it might sound like I'm being racist, he fucked up his entire life for doing more than just buying a lotto ticket. He is responsible for animal cruelty and barbaric behaviour. Who in the hell electrocutes/hangs/drowns dogs for no other reason than they lost a dog fight (in reality the dog cost him money and he killed it or had it killed in an inhumane way) I hate fucking dogs of all kinds, but nothing deserves to be killed in that manner, I hope that no frills Judge hangs his ass and the NFL bans this fag for life...'Henry
So basically you want to see him go down harder because you don't approve of his life style? I agree he is ghetto but since when was that a crime? Have you been to the Hampton area of Virginia, the fact he made it out of there with a diploma and alive says alot. Hell, he was essentially raised in a ghetto. Animal cruelty? Where was all the hell raising on the site when those troops from the 101st were charged for raping a teen in Iraq then burning her body to hide evidence and they killed her family as well.

I mean given all the atrocities committed this is just the main news because it involves a high profile black athlete. Well when my father was a kid in the 1930's during the depression they used to tie puppies up in burlap sacks and toss them over the bridge to drown versus letting them starve to death, your point is? I don't think he should get more time than anyone else charged with the same crime, period. It isn't about defending him it is about our justice system dispensing fair decisions that aren't for the media but simply fair and equal to the precedence provided.
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 10:33 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Man, what a waste of talent. Guy had all the tools in the world, but never worked hard enough to improve himself as a thrower. IF he does recieve a significant amount of jail-time, he'll probably also recieve a suspension from the NFL that won't run concurent with his prison sentance so he could be out of the league for a very long time. Look for him to be cut here in the next few days.

What sucks for the Falcons is the fact that they traded away Matt Shaub and were banking on Vick to make it through the whole season. Now he's gone and Joey Harrington is the starter with D.J. Shockley as the backup. Shockley is now out for the season with a torn ACL so they are now down to Harrington as the starter and Chris Redman as their backup. That team is FUCKED when it comes to the QB position.
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
See I think this is odd, they stated he is getting a heavier sentence than others for the same crime see quote below. I think most people dislike Vick in general and the dog fighting is an excuse to attack him given their relative distaste for him already. I give a shit if someone kills their dog, I have a dog I would never kill but I grew up in the country where killing animals was part of life. I understand he killed the dogs because they couldn't perform but hell people kill horses and racing dogs all the time for the same reason. As for gambling, big deal he gambled on dogs not much different than buying a lotto ticket in comparison to gambling on sports, like his own sport. His gambling is no more of an issue than Ricky Williams smoking weed. Both acts are illegal and niether affect the game they play. I think Vick is an idiot for doing this but this is not the worst crime ever commited by an NFL star, he is exciting to watch on the football field.

After much negotiating, Michael Vick will plead guilty to dogfighting conspiracy charges. Federal prosecutors reportedly will seek a sentence of between 12 and 18 months, which would be a harsher penalty than what first-time convicts usually get.

http://news.aol.com/sports
I am so shocked you are defending a Vick!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 06:55 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

So where's the NAACP now? They had a rally supporting Vick last week or the week before.

Where's Rev. Sharpton?

Where are these racists when the black man is actually guilty of something?

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 08:33 AM
UFO Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
What sucks for the Falcons is the fact that they traded away Matt Shaub and were banking on Vick to make it through the whole season. Now he's gone and Joey Harrington is the starter with D.J. Shockley as the backup. Shockley is now out for the season with a torn ACL so they are now down to Harrington as the starter and Chris Redman as their backup. That team is FUCKED when it comes to the QB position.

This is what this really comes down to after next Monday (when Vick is sentenced)

An entire team/city is fucked for this season because Joey "WTF" Harrington is QB and Matt Shaub is in Houston cashing a big fat check.

Feel bad for Atlanta fans, but it's not like we Dallas fans havent had to deal with QB bullshit (Quincy Carter) so I can't feel to bad for um

"I Approve This Message"
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I am so shocked you are defending a Vick!
Read post 29 so I don't have to repeat myself, then you'll understand.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 12:20 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Read post 29 so I don't have to repeat myself, then you'll understand.

no, you're still sub par even after i read that post. vick lover
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

One fo the things that bothers me about this, is now all the Vick lovers have an excuse as to why he was never an elite or great QB in the league. No worries, there are a couple of candidates still active for most over-rated, over-hyped player of the decade.
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
no, you're still sub par even after i read that post. vick lover
Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better. I like the way Vick runs and scrambles, over-rated or not and I enjoyed his college play at Va Tech. As for justice the idea is it should be equal, that means he should get what any average Joe has been given in the past. Should he be punished more severely because he is black or a great athlete? Is that justice?
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
So where's the NAACP now? They had a rally supporting Vick last week or the week before.

Where's Rev. Sharpton?

Where are these racists when the black man is actually guilty of something?
Right now Sharpton is digging up the N word because the only going through his mind is "Ain't nothing gonna help this nigga out now!"

post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better. I like the way Vick runs and scrambles, over-rated or not and I enjoyed his college play at Va Tech. As for justice the idea is it should be equal, that means he should get what any average Joe has been given in the past. Should he be punished more severely because he is black or a great athlete? Is that justice?
Another thread about sports where you have reminded me why I avoid it. Your posts in here make even less sense than the ones in the political forum and the back porch, and believe me, that is no small task.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Another thread about sports where you have reminded me why I avoid it. Your posts in here make even less sense than the ones in the political forum and the back porch, and believe me, that is no small task.
Well I guess if this is to much for you, you can do what you have to . How about you stop trying to snipe me because you have an issue with me versus my opinions. I have told you several times I don't know you well enough to miss you if you were gone. I am bothered lnone by some man-bitch like you that steps in every now and then to try to berate me. You aren't important enough to me to make that much effort but I'll reply to your stupid ass comments LOL. At least I know someone is concerned with my opinions good, bad or in-different.

Also it was a very simple idea. If I could spell it out slower for you, I would. Do you believe a man should be treated different than others because he is famous. Should he get a harsher sentence becuase he also happens to be a good football player?
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well I guess if this is to much for you, you can do what you have to . How about you stop trying to snipe me because you have an issue with me versus my opinions. I have told you several times I don't know you well enough to miss you if you were gone. I am bothered lnone by some man-bitch like you that steps in every now and then to try to berate me. You aren't important enough to me to make that much effort but I'll reply to your stupid ass comments LOL. At least I know someone is concerned with my opinions good, bad or in-different.

Also it was a very simple idea. If I could spell it out slower for you, I would. Do you believe a man should be treated different than others because he is famous. Should he get a harsher sentence becuase he also happens to be a good football player?
Since when does me laughing at your idiocy equate to being concerned about it?

I think it is pretty funny that you are trying to come across as just wanting to treat Vick like he is an average Joe, when you have been hugging his nuts like he is some god. You have it all twisted around again, I am shocked!

BTW, they are reporting that Vick has signed a plea agreement stating that he knew dogs were being killed for underperforming, he had a name for his enterprise, and that he was a major part of the dogfighting and was directly involved when some dogs were killed, and there was illegal gambling. I guess he is just another average joe he deserves a break, huh? LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by 90 Notch; 08-24-2007 at 11:43 AM.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

if he is treated like the average joe, he's going away for awhile
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 10:37 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
if he is treated like the average joe, he's going away for awhile
Exactly. He wouldn't have had a chance to get his sentence reduced anywhere nearly as much as it will be and being allowed to have it further reduced by becoming a government "rat."

Vick will be out of the league for at least 1-2 years and by that time the QB skills he has now will have diminished greatly with that much time off. IF he makes a comeback to the NFL, it will be as a WR/KR type player. With his speed and moves, he could still continue to play on those skills with that amount of time away from the game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement