Bonds the Baby - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Bonds the Baby

ROID RAGE, ROID RAGE!! lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=270715126

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Barry Bonds flipped a laundry cart to the ground and stalked away.

Calling himself an "embarrassment" and mired in one of the worst slumps of his career, it was his hardest hit of the day.

Bonds had a second straight 0-for-5 performance to extend his hitless stretch to a season-worst 20 at-bats, and his San Francisco Giants lost their 11th in a row at home to the rival Los Angeles Dodgers, 5-3 on Sunday.

"It's an embarrassment for me to be wearing this (expletive deleted) uniform 'cause of the way I'm playing. There, that's it. Now go away," Bonds said at his locker.

Then he overturned the cart as he walked through the clubhouse, a rare public display of emotion with his chase of Hank Aaron's home run record at a standstill. He's been at 751 homers and four from tying the Hammer since July 3.

When asked about that, Bonds said, "That's not it."

Does he need a day off? "That's not it, either."

Whatever it is, the Dodgers were happy his problems happened when they were in town.

"We didn't do much differently. We certainly caught him at a good time," Los Angeles manager Grady Little said. "He's at a point where he's really trying to get it done. He will eventually. But hopefully it will be against another team."

With Bonds searching for another long ball, the Dodgers won with small ball to hand their biggest NL West foe a fourth straight loss.

The Dodgers scored twice on squeeze bunts.

San Francisco Giants' Barry Bonds strikes outs swinging while facing Los Angeles Dodgers' pitcher Joe Beimel during the seventh inning of their baseball game in San Francisco, Sunday, July 15, 2007. At left is Dodgers' catcher Russell Martin.
AP - Jul 15, 6:44 pm EDT
More Photos
Bonds' legs are sore and it shows. This is the slugger's longest period without a hit since his record-breaking 2001 season.

"Everybody goes through it," Bochy said. "Barry, tough series for him, no getting around it. He knows it. We all know it. He's our go-to guy."

Matt Kemp had an RBI triple among his three hits and scored twice, including on Brett Tomko's safety squeeze in the fourth inning, to help the Dodgers continue their dominance in San Francisco's waterfront ballpark. Los Angeles' streak is the club's longest in any city since 13 straight wins at San Francisco's Candlestick Park from 1976-77.

A few Dodgers fans waved blue brooms during the seventh-inning stretch, calling for a sweep.

Bonds popped out in the first, flied out in the third, popped out to end the fifth, struck out swinging to end the seventh and popped up for the final out of the game. He was hitless for the sixth straight game and had consecutive 0-for-5 or worse performances for only the fourth time in his career.

"Barry Bonds, he's human," Dodgers catcher Russell Martin said. "He's going to have times when he's not swinging the bat really well. We pretty much got lucky."

The way this weekend went for the Giants, their fans were forced to come down from the high of last week's All-Star game in a hurry. San Francisco lost its fourth straight and is winless after the break -- at a time the team knows it must turn things around quickly.

Jeff Kent had a sacrifice fly against his former team and Tomko (2-7), another former Giant, pitched five innings for the win in his first start since May 21 against Milwaukee.

Jonathan Broxton struck out Dave Roberts to escape a bases-loaded jam in the eighth and the Dodgers won again after an 8-7 victory in 12 innings Saturday. Takashi Saito bounced back from consecutive blown saves for his 24th save in 27 chances.

Bonds' last homer -- 17th this season -- came in the first inning July 3 at Cincinnati off Aaron Harang. Bonds has gone 23 at-bats without a homer since then.

San Francisco Giants' Barry Bonds removes his batting helmet after striking out to Los Angeles Dodgers' Joe Beimel in the seventh inning of a baseball game Sunday, July 15, 2007, in San Francisco.
AP - Jul 15, 6:42 pm EDT
More Photos
The boats were out in force in McCovey Cove on the final day of a short homestand, hoping for a splash-hit souvenir. San Francisco now heads out for four games at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs starting Monday night, followed by three in Milwaukee.

Bonds was in an 0-for-17 funk this year before hitting his 746th homer against the Rockies on May 27. He had a hitless stretch of 21 at-bats from April 5-12, 2001 -- the year he broke the single-season home run record with 73 -- and had a career-worst 0-for-23 drought from July 6-20, 1986, during his rookie year.

"It's not just one guy," said Ray Durham, who bats before Bonds in the order. "We're a team. We're a family."

Bonds committed just his second error of the year in left field when he booted James Loney's single in the fourth. Kemp followed with his triple and scored when Noah Lowry interfered with him while trying to field a safety squeeze bunt by Tomko and was given an error.

Bonds' legs, feet and toes have been swollen in recent days and he's still tired from the All-Star game festivities this past week in his city. He was selected to his 14th All-Star game and first since 2004, and started in left field.

Lowry (9-7) had his winning streak snapped at three starts and saw the end of his seven-game unbeaten run at home. Bengie Molina's two-run single put San Francisco ahead in the first and Durham hit a tying RBI triple in the fifth to make it 3-all.

Omar Vizquel, the Giants' 40-year-old 11-time Gold Glove-winning shortstop, turned a pretty, barehanded double play in the third when he fielded Kent's bouncer with his right hand.

Notes

Giants RF Randy Winn still had swelling in his bruised right foot and got the day off. ... Kent's first-inning RBI was his 1,427th, tying him with Charlie Gehringer for 57th on the career list. ... The Dodgers have won 15 of the past 18 against the Giants overall.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Money Made All Good

I'll be glad when he retires. Don't get me wrong I love baseball but, He brings so much negative drama to his team. There is no I in Team...

04 5-speed GT
91 5-speed LX Vert
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gip99drop
I'll be glad when he retires. Don't get me wrong I love baseball but, He brings so much negative drama to his team. There is no I in Team...
Couldnt agree with you more. I think him and Mcgwire have ruined baseball with the arrogant attitudes and steroids. Hank Aaron didnt need supplements to break records.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:20 PM
African Booty Scratcher

theres no i in barri bonds.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS

god bless.
that was a stretch.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS

god bless.
no but theres an ARR for ARROGANT.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Lifer

He needs more roids to get the record, somebody get him a hit or two! The guy went from a career 30 hr hitter to 60-75 a season. Way to make up ground cheater. What a fuckstick!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 07:24 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gip99drop

But there is an M and an E

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
Hank Aaron didnt need supplements to break records.
Every time I think about Bonds breaking Aaron's records, I think about this old song...

(Are you sure Hank done it this way? - Waylon Jennings)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oFcwleGNKU
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 07:12 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 07:30 PM
MFFL!

Well, Bonds jacked 2 HR today. He will break the record, but it won't be his forever. I seriously think A-Rod is going to pass him, and in pretty short fashion. If A-Rod continues to hit 45ish HR a season like he has been, he'll get to 750 in just 6 seasons. He'll only be 38 at the point. If he decided to play til he was 41 or 42, he might go for something insane like 900 HR. Although, he's got plenty of money because of his last contract and he'll get plenty more in his next...I doubt he plays past 38-39. Who knows though? I don't care to see A-Rod break any records, but it would at least put a damper on Bonds achievement.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Behind Blue Eyes..

so are they going to be putting a * by the record?

CFFL
Looking forward to the road that lies ahead...We enjoy reflecting upon past roads traveled, reliving our adventures through photographs taken and stories penned...Though, it's that next road that drives us onward...that next journey...And who knows where it'll lead?
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 01:16 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

I would laugh my ass off if he pulls a muscle going into his homerun trot on #754 and is out for the rest of the season, or longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 08:23 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
If he decided to play til he was 41 or 42, he might go for something insane like 900 HR. Although, he's got plenty of money because of his last contract and he'll get plenty more in his next...I doubt he plays past 38-39. Who knows though? I don't care to see A-Rod break any records, but it would at least put a damper on Bonds achievement.
Don't leave out Pujols, Prince Fielder (only 24 years old), Miguel Cabrera and of course Ryan Howard. Fielder has way more talent than his dad and could play another 15-20 years, he'll be in the Hank Aaron/Bonds area if he stays healthy no doubt.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 06:24 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Don't leave out Pujols, Prince Fielder (only 24 years old), Miguel Cabrera and of course Ryan Howard. Fielder has way more talent than his dad and could play another 15-20 years, he'll be in the Hank Aaron/Bonds area if he stays healthy no doubt.
I don't mention these guys because they are no where close. Break 400...get close to 500 and then we'll see. I say that because of Griffey Jr. He was no doubt going to bash in the HR record until he got hurt...actually still has the capability to do it me thinks...but it will take him longer. He should have 600+ by the end of this season (587 now). If he didn't get injured, I think he'd be pushing, if not past 700 now. If he continues to play, he and A-Rod could be passing Bonds/Aaron around the same time. Could be an exciting time for baseball fans...like back when McGwire/Bonds were bashing 70. At least this time, as far as we know, everything would be legit.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:01 AM
LUCIFER

I don't like Bonds, even if he breaks the record not as many people will actually care about it. I don't feel he's earned it at all. He hardly ever plays, just takes his at bats to get more HR's. Just a selfish player not about helping his team only himself. Hank Aaron earned those HR's while playing...Bonds is a pussy!

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:33 AM
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan
The guy went from a career 30 hr hitter to 60-75 a season. Way to make up ground cheater. What a fuckstick!
A year after the baseball strike, they changed the way the balls were produced to create additional home runs to bring the fans back. I'm not saying that he wasn't a steroid user, but it is one of the reasons you see more home runs.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Texan

Quote:
He needs more roids to get the record, somebody get him a hit or two! The guy went from a career 30 hr hitter to 60-75 a season. Way to make up ground cheater. What a fuckstick!
other than 2001 he hasnt cracked 50. hes old, both knees are bone on bone. im not saying i think he's innocent but let him have his fun until mccarthy comes and takes it all away.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Money Made All Good

There in last place in there divison.

04 5-speed GT
91 5-speed LX Vert
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Lifer

The record will be short lived as others have a pretty good shot at ripping it good. Too bad Ruth wasted so many years as a pitcher. Oh well, Ruth and Aaron were clean players who earned plenty of respect...Bonds...maybe not
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The record will be short lived as others have a pretty good shot at ripping it good. Too bad Ruth wasted so many years as a pitcher. Oh well, Ruth and Aaron were clean players who earned plenty of respect...Bonds...maybe not
Ruth hit .342...LIFETIME!

If Prince Fielder has his daddy's gene's, he'll weigh 350 at 30 years of age...done.

Pujol's was going to hit 70 HR's last year, going by some folks on this board. Then-BAM! Injury...done.

Griffey was the second coming of Willie Mays. Went to the NL in Cincy...done.

My point is, even A-Rod could have a career-changing issue, that could alter his game.

I don't like Bonds, but he can still hit it a ton.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 09:11 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Too bad Ruth wasted so many years as a pitcher.
Too bad Ted Williams wasted five years serving in the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 09:39 PM
NES Crew

I bet Bobbi Bonilla is pissed at Barri Bonds.

"Hey man, I thought we were the killer b's and shit!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement