DFW Mustang Forums banner

Its a good NFL off-season to be a Texas Longhorn

334 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  RPM 
#1 ·
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2938519

Cory Redding just signed a 7-year, $49 million dollar contract which just made him the richest DT in NFL history.

Add that to the contracts signed by other former Longhorns this off-season:

Nathan Vasher - 5 years, $28 million

Leonard Davis - 7 years, $49.6 million

Derrick Dockery - 7 years, $49 million

Cha-ching!

#2 ·
o'rly?

#4 ·
Redding is good,but certainly doesnt deserve that type of money to be the highest paid DT.They need to save that money and invest in some O-Linemen to protect for Kitna...Stanton

Vasher deserved a lil bit more.. i always thought he had better potential then the bust Jammer. He is light years ahead of Jammer.

I think my Boys coulda signed LD for a lil bit cheaper.

#5 ·
unkoricky said:
Redding is good,but certainly doesnt deserve that type of money to be the highest paid DT.They need to save that money and invest in some O-Linemen to protect for Kitna...Stanton

Vasher deserved a lil bit more.. i always thought he had better potential then the bust Jammer. He is light years ahead of Jammer.

I think my Boys coulda signed LD for a lil bit cheaper.
I'd say the Lions' 'D' would be the easier of the two sides to improve and keep at least decent. They'd need alot more than $49 million to improve that offense.

Not sure how you can say Jammer is a bust. He's had absolutely no help in that secondary since he's been there and has done quite well. Vasher wasn't going to get a massive deal from the Bears, but it is definately still a significant amount of cash.

Davis will be worth every penny of that contract considering how poor the 'Boys offensive line has been.

#6 ·
Thanks to that new and improve pass rush thanks to Phillips with Steroid Merriman & Co, i'd say Jammer improved but he is average at best with what he did at Texas. He use to get beat bad in his first 3-4 years.

#7 ·
Forward this thread to Ricky Williams.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Sean88gt said:
Forward this thread to Ricky Williams.
He'd just roll it up and smoke it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.