Liddell/Wanderlei Silva fight wont happen. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,889
Liddell/Wanderlei Silva fight wont happen.

I read this on Iceman.tv

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns



Just ruined my Friday.
10sec302 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Welcome to Wednesday.
Wario is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Welcome to Wednesday.

Ummm, I read it today. (Friday)
10sec302 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 442
and i just read it today! heeeyy
5.0 beast is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
nutshell?
grove rat is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grove Rat
nutshell?

All obstacles have been removed for the Liddell/Silva fight to happen FINALLY. Dana White says ok, let's make this happen. Silva backs out for reasons unknown.


Fuckin figures, I was looking forward to this one too.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 03:51 PM
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
You guys suck at getting information, its going to happen, just not at UFC 76.



--Wanderlei Silva responds via video posted on his website to the allegations that he turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell for UFC 76 in September.

In the video Wanderlei stated, "I never said that I wouldn't fight Chuck. I've wanted this fight for a long time". The former Pride champion continued, "I received a contract with two options, I could fight in September or November. I have chosed to make this fight in November. I was the first to want this fight, but they kept avoiding this fight. Now there's a lot of people saying that I have ducked Chuck. This is not true".

According to Silva, the timing for the fight to take place in September did not work for him. He explained, "I am in a moment of transition in my life. I'm going to move to the U.S. in a few weeks. I'm going to live in the U.S. and there's a lot of things happening, and I'm not focused on training the way I want to be. I always fought at the time the promoters wanted. Sometimes I did things I should not have done, but this time I won't do that anymore."

Denying he ever turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell, Silva said, "I want to fight chuck in November and make a huge show, and make it the biggest show ever...I have no doubts it's the most important fight of my life. I know Chuck is a great name in the U.S., we'll do a great fight. I think I must be in my best shape, so I want this time to train better to be in my bets shape ever."

Wanderlei asserted, "This fight is on, if he Chuck doesn't hide behind this mess."

AbecX is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
You guys suck at getting information, its going to happen, just not at UFC 76.



--Wanderlei Silva responds via video posted on his website to the allegations that he turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell for UFC 76 in September.

In the video Wanderlei stated, "I never said that I wouldn't fight Chuck. I've wanted this fight for a long time". The former Pride champion continued, "I received a contract with two options, I could fight in September or November. I have chosed to make this fight in November. I was the first to want this fight, but they kept avoiding this fight. Now there's a lot of people saying that I have ducked Chuck. This is not true".

According to Silva, the timing for the fight to take place in September did not work for him. He explained, "I am in a moment of transition in my life. I'm going to move to the U.S. in a few weeks. I'm going to live in the U.S. and there's a lot of things happening, and I'm not focused on training the way I want to be. I always fought at the time the promoters wanted. Sometimes I did things I should not have done, but this time I won't do that anymore."

Denying he ever turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell, Silva said, "I want to fight chuck in November and make a huge show, and make it the biggest show ever...I have no doubts it's the most important fight of my life. I know Chuck is a great name in the U.S., we'll do a great fight. I think I must be in my best shape, so I want this time to train better to be in my bets shape ever."

Wanderlei asserted, "This fight is on, if he Chuck doesn't hide behind this mess."
I have more info on the subject if you want it.
Wario is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Vikings are next!
 
4.6 Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Little Mexico
Posts: 8,501
Should be a good fight if it does happen...

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

4.6 Love is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:16 PM
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
I have more info on the subject if you want it.
Halp me train, i have no ground game

PS. Ask your amazing wife if she knows of a girl named Kim Hodges in her belly dancing thing.

AbecX is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
Halp me train, i have no ground game

PS. Ask your amazing wife if she knows of a girl named Kim Hodges in her belly dancing thing.
I'd be happy to help with anything you wanna work on.

And I'll ask Kiesha about Kim.
Wario is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 10:19 AM
tex
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 12,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
I have more info on the subject if you want it.
Stop teasing.
tex is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome