dallas 1 of 6 looking at Garnett - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

dallas 1 of 6 looking at Garnett

here is the web site:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...arc&id=2922047

said that dallas would most likely have to include harris and howard in the deal, I could deal without harris but not JayHo also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Money Made All Good

The Mavs have to give up to much. Its hard to say who is going to get K.G.

04 5-speed GT
91 5-speed LX Vert
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 10:00 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

I think it would be a good trade for the Mavs...He would be great help for Dirk

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Lifer

bad idea. Give up 2 great young talents (one of which is an allstar) For a old veteran that most likely is on his back half of his career. He is still great but not like howard and harris , for them there is only room to GROW.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 10:55 AM
In the Batter's Box

I'd say just trade Dirk straight up, Dirk is just not fierce enough and chokes to much to win a championship, they need to keep Harris, he is going to be the next steve nash and everyone else needs to stay as well. KG has all the talents and potentials that Dallas is lacking.........even though all u Dirk lovers will hate, it just needs to be done ............
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Fear the Stashe

Blah, i wouldnt want to giveu p Harris or JHO.. maybe something like Jason Terry + Damp + Stackhouse + Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 04:31 PM
gear jammer

I'm not sold on Harris becoming a force.He has no outside shot and is too small. Deron Williams is already light years ahead of Harris with less time.

I would love to get KG because he is a warrior which the Mavs desperately need.To get him, the Mavs would certainly have to give up Howard which I would have big time second thoughts about.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
I'm not sold on Harris becoming a force.He has no outside shot and is too small. Deron Williams is already light years ahead of Harris with less time.

I would love to get KG because he is a warrior which the Mavs desperately need.To get him, the Mavs would certainly have to give up Howard which I would have big time second thoughts about.
he's improving every year and hasnt always been a great shooter on jumpshots..
Rather keep him then Terry, Harris is a better slasher & defender

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Keep jocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Blah, i wouldnt want to giveu p Harris or JHO.. maybe something like Jason Terry + Damp + Stackhouse + Money
Deal!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Lifer

harris is a decent defender for a small 1 guard, but he sure as hell is not the next steve nash.

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
harris is a decent defender for a small 1 guard, but he sure as hell is not the next steve nash.

small defender? at 6'3 - 185lb...?
Your right he is not the next steve nash Steve Nash was such a beast after his 3rd year

your right, he isnt steve nash, he knows how to beat san antonio and plays a thing called DEFENSE

Quote:
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Thread Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrm10SPkZ28
I'd say just trade Dirk straight up, Dirk is just not fierce enough and chokes to much to win a championship, they need to keep Harris, he is going to be the next steve nash and everyone else needs to stay as well. KG has all the talents and potentials that Dallas is lacking.........even though all u Dirk lovers will hate, it just needs to be done ............
oh that's right, I forgot that KG lead his team to a championship already so he's much better than Dirk
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 AM
In the Batter's Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SVTour
oh that's right, I forgot that KG lead his team to a championship already so he's much better than Dirk
if he had the supporting cast toget to the playoffs he sure wouldnt choke in the finals then get blown out the following year in the 1st round......
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 06:48 AM
LUCIFER

Dallas doesn't need KG, the need to rid themselves of Dampier, George, Croshere, and Mbenga and use that space to strengthen up their bench with dependable players!
Also, another big man is needed, Diop still has alot to learn.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
gear jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1
Dallas doesn't need KG, the need to rid themselves of Dampier, George, Croshere, and Mbenga and use that space to strengthen up their bench with dependable players!
Also, another big man is needed, Diop still has alot to learn.
Well that would work in a perfect world but Cuban gave Dampier way too much money and now he is practically untradeable.If he was in the last year of his contract maybe but he still has 3-4 more years to go.

George and Croshere are probably gone.Buckner also.
If i'm not mistaken, Mbenga signed an extension last year.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Lifer

i seen dampier saturday night at a bar off of knox...he had a cast on his right arm. anyone know what the deal is with that?

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 12:06 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!

I say the Mavs should go get Chauncey Billups after get Garnett... Pick yo' poison San Antonio!

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 01:15 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
i seen dampier saturday night at a bar off of knox...he had a cast on his right arm. anyone know what the deal is with that?
He had surgery on his shoulder.

I'd say that Harris, Howard, and Dirk are pretty much untouchable at this point. Dampier and Terry are very expendable, but are going to be hard to trade due to their large salaries.

People saying that the Mavs should trade Dirk straight up for anyone are just plain stupid. You don't trade Dirk away after your team wins 127 games in 2 seasons.

The only reason KG hasn't been dealt yet is the fact that the other players involved do not want to go to the teams that have been the "3rd Wheel" to even out the salaries i.e. Boston, Golden State, etc.

It may be a while before we see a trade come about.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 06:18 AM
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
Well that would work in a perfect world but Cuban gave Dampier way too much money and now he is practically untradeable.If he was in the last year of his contract maybe but he still has 3-4 more years to go.

I know, dumbest move ever on cubans behalf..and dampier knows it too that's why he never plays hard. I can't stand him

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement