Norm Hitzges - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
P1

Norm Hitzges

is here at my job right now and i am gitty about being in the presence of a living legend of sports. That is all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Behind Blue Eyes..

bust out some autographs!

CFFL
Looking forward to the road that lies ahead...We enjoy reflecting upon past roads traveled, reliving our adventures through photographs taken and stories penned...Though, it's that next road that drives us onward...that next journey...And who knows where it'll lead?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back N Black
bust out some autographs!
he is a legend, you do not simply ask a legend for an autograph....you ask him to evaluate your fantasy football team

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Out

Love him as a source of information, can't stand his delivery. Wouldn't mind meeting him, though. He's made me somw change at Lone Star Park as well.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

eh, not a fan of Norm. I'd rather be in the presence of the Hardline, including the snake and Danny. I did hear that Norm use to wear shoes with live gold fish in them.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
eh, not a fan of Norm. I'd rather be in the presence of the Hardline, including the snake and Danny. I did hear that Norm use to wear shoes with live gold fish in them.
corby is the funniest man in radio. but as far as knowledge the only one even close to norm is prolly sturm
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
corby is the funniest man in radio. but as far as knowledge the only one even close to norm is prolly sturm
Sturm would be 2nd in football, basketball and soccer, first in hockey. Baseball, I would say Rhyner.
and I agree, I think Corby is the funniest man in radio.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Behind Blue Eyes..

Quote:
he is a legend, you do not simply ask a legend for an autograph....you ask him to evaluate your fantasy football team

well get off your ass and sell him a car..then you have best of both worlds..a sold car and autograph lol

CFFL
Looking forward to the road that lies ahead...We enjoy reflecting upon past roads traveled, reliving our adventures through photographs taken and stories penned...Though, it's that next road that drives us onward...that next journey...And who knows where it'll lead?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back N Black
well get off your ass and sell him a car..then you have best of both worlds..a sold car and autograph lol
norm doesnt have to buy cars, he has a demo from us
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

"Are you gay?"

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
"Are you gay?"

ticket schtick?
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

The gay, or not gay...it's kinda hard to say.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Lifer

The Hardline was at the "grand opening" of Tech Skills in Addison about five years ago. I was one of their first students. At the time, I was wondering who the fuck they were, and if they were such a big deal, why wasn't anyone there to see them. LMAO. I actually like Norm's delivery and Corby is funny about once every six months. The Teradactyl laugh does crack me up though, but it was unintentionally funny so it doesn't count.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
ticket schtick?
"ARE YOU GAY!!!!!???"

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Time Served

My mom listened to the ticket from day one. growing up i hated it cause thats all i ever heard. now i have grown to love it. i think they have a great lineup from morning to night. Norm is very smart(understatment) and has been around a long time, plus he can book great guest's on air. Bob Sturm is pretty dam good for being 34yrsold plus i think he relates to the younger generation. im glad the ticket got someone to fill the midday shift cause it was a revolving door for the longest time.ex Chris Arnold,rocko Pendola.ect. but im finding myself listening to ESPN Radio alot. like Mike and Mike, Little Ball of Hate, and my favorite The Dan Patrick Show.dont really like Rabny Galloway AKA Grandpa Urine. but it all depends if theres great national sports news i will always listen to ESPN Radio but if its local and im looking to laugh Ill tune into the ticket. Both stations are great.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
P1

little ball of hate is the worst sports analyst in the world. she is crap and needs to stick to makin babies or something
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Time Served

she does get out of hand and sometimes does not know what she is talking about. but if you ever listened to the show when Steve Dennis was on. its a whole lot better know that he's gone. he just had an arrogant thing about him.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDCobra
she does get out of hand and sometimes does not know what she is talking about. but if you ever listened to the show when Steve Dennis was on. its a whole lot better know that he's gone. he just had an arrogant thing about him.

i'd still rather stab myself in the ears with icepicks or even listen to fran dresher than listen to engle's stupid ass, uninformed, 3rd string information. i feel dumber everytime i listen to her
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Big "foot"

Norm is cool, but he's a little too straight-laced sportsy for my taste. I'm a big time P1, but I usually bail from 10-noon.

Love the Musers, wouldn't change a thing.

BaD radio is good, really happy with the addition of Donovan.

Hardline is great, but I wish they would lay off the Rangers talk (and baseball in general for that matter), and Mike's stammering is getting a lot worse in his old age.

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Sure Shot

"Does anybody know what the hell I do for a living?"

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
Norm is cool, but he's a little too straight-laced sportsy for my taste. I'm a big time P1, but I usually bail from 10-noon.

Love the Musers, wouldn't change a thing.

BaD radio is good, really happy with the addition of Donovan.

Hardline is great, but I wish they would lay off the Rangers talk (and baseball in general for that matter), and Mike's stammering is getting a lot worse in his old age.
Rhyner must be around 60 or so. He was at the old KZEW in the mid-'70's, as a program director, and would do "sports snorts" in the mornings. LaBella and Roady would then "kick him down the stairs". Personally, I think Norm has probably forgotten more than the "Hardline" will ever know about sports. I went to almost every Hooter's lunch during the '90's (Addison and West End) , and it was a lot of fun, but they are mainly entertainment...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 07:41 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Norm is a Shock Jock!!!

http://www.bobanddan.com/contact/jul...ingsdoodoo.mp3

http://www.bobanddan.com/contact/jul13/norm-jamcock.mp3

http://www.bobanddan.com/contact/jul...-pitchbutt.mp3

Little NSFW warning, don't play too loud in the office.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 07:42 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97blkpny
"Does anybody know what the hell I do for a living?"

"NO, NO, NO, NO, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NO, NEVER, NO, NEVER!!!"

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 10:20 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
That was brilliant. Norm sure has been getting riled up easily these days. Some people think there is a "group" of people that just try and get him riled up, but I don't think so. I know it has happened before a long time ago before The Ticket, but I don't think that is the case now.

Man, there's times it gets so uncomfortable that I have to turn down the volume, especially when he's getting thrown off sides by the "brotha".

Of course, there's blue from the grove, I always turn it off when he calls in because I'm so beatin' down by ignorant people like him. (Whole 'nother subject)

[Norm] "Oh, you eat chittlin's" [/Norm] <-- I litterally did fall out of my chair when he said that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement