Rangers possibly making some moves - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Texan

Rangers possibly making some moves

Gagne is definately on the block and with only one year left on Tex's contract and the Ranger's long history of refusing to pay players what they're worth once they deveolp i'm sure he's on his way out too (hopefully not)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/mark_teixeira/index.html

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/06/gagnes_list.html

The only thing that will make it more likely that he stays is that Scott Boras is his agent and a lot of teams don't like haggling with him because he takes so much.

I wouldn't mind seeing a great pitcher in a Rangers uniform again but I don't if it will be worth Tex.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Rangers should have everyone on the trading block w/ the exception of Michael Young.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Texan

i wouldnt be opposed to locking up the infield the way it is, we dont have a decent outfielder on our team with the exception of what cruz has shown in just the last couple of weeks.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 GT 2
i wouldnt be opposed to locking up the infield the way it is, we dont have a decent outfielder on our team with the exception of what cruz has shown in just the last couple of weeks.
Cruz hasn't played in the last few weeks. Marlon Byrd took his spot and has been pretty much kicking ass since. Young is the only piece of the regular infield that has performed somewhat up to par this year. Kinsler hasn't done shit since April, Tex is very average, and Hank's been hurt for almost a month.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Out

I'm just afraid the Rangers hald on too Blalock for too long. His trade value has diminished. Washington was going to take him as his own special project, but I haven't seen anything yet.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:06 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I'm just afraid the Rangers hald on too Blalock for too long. His trade value has diminished. Washington was going to take him as his own special project, but I haven't seen anything yet.
No kidding. They should have traded Blalock, prospects, and cash to the Marlins when they were interested in him for Josh Beckett.

The Rangers have now painted themselves into a corner and are going to have to blow it up to be able to move on. The only guys I see as being untouchable right now are Young and Kinsler.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Musician for the deaf

I don't see any reason to get rid of Blalock right away. Let him come back and just see.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:15 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I don't see any reason to get rid of Blalock right away. Let him come back and just see.
He wasn't doing anything of note before he got hurt and its not like the Rangers were winning that much more when he was doing good.

Right now, the Rangers could have Kenny Rogers, Chris Young, Josh Beckett, Kevin Millwood, and Robinson Tejeda as their starting rotation had they not fucked things up.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
He wasn't doing anything of note before he got hurt and its not like the Rangers were winning that much more when he was doing good.

Right now, the Rangers could have Kenny Rogers, Chris Young, Josh Beckett, Kevin Millwood, and Robinson Tejeda as their starting rotation had they not fucked things up.
Tjeda can lick my nutsack. Mahay is better than that fuckup. And Blalock wasn't exactly doing any worse than anyone else including pretty boy young.

And fuck rogers too. No talent ass clown who can't even sing decent. "The gambler", lol!

Oh, wait, you meant that other old washed up Kenny Rogers...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:21 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Tjeda can lick my nutsack. Mahay is better than that fuckup. And Blalock wasn't exactly doing any worse than anyone else including pretty boy young.

And fuck rogers too. No talent ass clown who can't even sing decent. "The gambler", lol!

Oh, wait, you meant that other old washed up Kenny Rogers...
Tejeda has talent, but no confidence. Having those other guys on there would help with veteran leadership.

Kenny Rogers had quite the outing after coming back from major surgery the other day. Rangers should have never let him go. Just have him make a bullshit apology through the media and move on.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Tejeda has talent, but no confidence. Having those other guys on there would help with veteran leadership.

Kenny Rogers had quite the outing after coming back from major surgery the other day. Rangers should have never let him go. Just have him make a bullshit apology through the media and move on.
Where's Tejeda's talent?
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:

I could stand behind Rogers coming back, but it would be useless right now.

I put part of Tejeda's fuckup on coaching, he should have been pulled immediately. And I think he had a small injury. Still it pissed me off to see him score for the Astros like that.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Where's Tejeda's talent?
Choking louder and longer than Cordero?
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:57 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Where's Tejeda's talent?
April 6 vs. Boston

April 17 vs. Chicago

April 27 vs. Toronto

May 18 vs. Houston

All quality starts and wins. He's got it, they just have to harness it. The guy has only started 42 games in 3 years so its not like he's a veteran either.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:09 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
April 6 vs. Boston

April 17 vs. Chicago

April 27 vs. Toronto

May 18 vs. Houston

All quality starts and wins. He's got it, they just have to harness it. The guy has only started 42 games in 3 years so its not like he's a veteran either.
That doesn't tell me shit. All of those teams were (or still are) struggling. A quality start against a team in a funk is like getting an A on a 3rd grade spelling test.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
That doesn't tell me shit. All of those teams were (or still are) struggling. A quality start against a team in a funk is like getting an A on a 3rd grade spelling test.
Since when were the Boston Red Sox struggling? Toronto is decent.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:22 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Since when were the Boston Red Sox struggling? Toronto is decent.
When the Texas Fucking Rangers whoop your ass 2 games in a row, that's considered struggling in my book. Toronto is decent now, but at the time the Rangers played them, they were last in the AL East.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Cruz hasn't played in the last few weeks.
My bad, I've been sick.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 12:33 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
When the Texas Fucking Rangers whoop your ass 2 games in a row, that's considered struggling in my book. Toronto is decent now, but at the time the Rangers played them, they were last in the AL East.
Hey, they can't win 'em all even if they are playing the Rangers. He's got talent but doesn't have the right leadership/coaching around him to do anything with it.

Again, had we been able to keep those other guys I listed, the Rangers would be in a whole lot better shape than they are right now and most certainly would be contending for a AL Pennant if not a World Series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement