Texas Collegiate League Baseball - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Out

Texas Collegiate League Baseball

Anybody stay up with this league? 9 teams throughout Texas that hold a summer league for college's best prospects. It's basically a minor league type set-up. They only use wooden bats (which is a big thumbs-up from me). Anyway, It goes from June-August. It's a nice, cheap way to spend a summer evening with your friends and/or family. My son is the bat boy for the Duncanville Deputies, so we go to all their home games, so hit me up if you go. I think tickets are only like $5 and most of the time, there's door prizes worth more than that alone. The biggest crowd I've seen this year was only 286 people, so seating isn't a problem. Just thought I'd give you real baseball fans a heads-up for a chance to watch some really good baseball without messing with the prices or crowds. Here are the teams:

Brazos Valley Bombers (Bryan, TX)

Colleyville Lone Stars By the way, Rusty Greer is their head coach. 9 signed balls and one signed bat will be given away in Duncanville on the 19th.

Coppell Copperheads

Denton Outlaws

Duncanville Deputies

Mineral Wells Steam

McKinney Marshals

Weatherford Wranglers

Wichita Falls Roughnecks

http://www.texascollegiateleague.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 08:32 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

I watched quite a few of the Outlaws' games last year and the year before. I went to school with a guy that pitched for them. Also, two of the Street brothers that pitched for UT played for them the year before last, and their dad (James Street) threw out the first pitch before one of their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Heh, you know, I was thinking I was dropping names, and that I don't really like to do that, but I did anyways. The Outlaws won the playoffs the last two years. It's pretty fun to watch.

Oh, yeah, and for more name dropping: Todd Van Poppel was or is a part-owner of the Denton Outlaws. He came out and would walk around and sign autographs during the home games, and he'd sometimes work with the pitchers in the bullpen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Out

Ya, these teams have some good players, about 2 or 3 really exceptional guys that have a good chance of making it. A lot more fundamental, small-ball is played. Makes for some really good coaching duals, strategy-wise. Bunting guys to 3rd, playing "infield in" and shit like that.

The players are very fan-friendly as well. They love the kids asking them to sign foul ball or programs. They treat my son like one of the team. He warms up with them and has sunflower seed fights in the dugout. They had the other batboy looking for left-handed baseballs. LMFAO!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
They had the other batboy looking for left-handed baseballs. LMFAO!
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Texan

i'm an alternate for a couple teams, i didnt think to sign up in time and i'll be pitching if the regular players don't make it out.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 GT 2
i'm an alternate for a couple teams, i didnt think to sign up in time and i'll be pitching if the regular players don't make it out.
Post up when you do. What teams are you alt'ing for?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Good post, Denny. College summer leagues are great if you're a baseball fan. I'm from the east coast, and got very familiar with these leagues when my brother was playing in college. Many people know the Cape Cod League which is the premier college summer league, but the competition is good all over the country. Some former players from the high school by my house are playing in McKinney, so I'll be catching some games there. Thanks.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement