Ufc 72 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

Ufc 72

Anyone excited about this fight card? I'm looking forward to watching Forrest Griffin, Jason MacDonald, and Rich Franklin bouts. Jason should wear some "Rory is Gay" gloves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm over it!

Dont really care about this one actually.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Bitter Italian

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Your Daddy

Thumbs down

shitty card imo

franklin vs okami is tha main event??!! this is a spike tv card at best.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

I agree the card doesn't have much to draw in viewers. Makes me wonder if fighters declined or if injuries had a role in the fight card.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Oooooooh-whee

I won't be buying this one. Might have to head to the bar and put up with the fuck shits.

8/16/05
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

If your local to my area I'm going to get it. I missed the last one when we were at Sea World. Last time I packed the living room so I may have to try and somehow set the projector up in the backyard.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Your Daddy

Thumbs up

i'll be watching but I wont be paying for it.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Time Served

spike should show this one for FREE!!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Vikings are next!

I'm watching it with a few friends @ hooters in downtown dallas as usual...

I predict Rich Franklin knocking out that asian guy and getting a rematch for the title again...

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced89lx
shitty card imo

franklin vs okami is tha main event??!! this is a spike tv card at best.
I was afraid of this sort of thing happening when UFC starting slowing trying to monopolize the MMA game. I know that alot of people on this board dont like WWE wrestling ( and I am in no way comparing MMA and WWE , just using WWE as an example ) but the UFC is starting to do alot of things the same as WWE.

When the WWE had real competition in the wrestling market, their PPV events were almost always awesome and not nearly as frequent as they are now. The WWE would use their tv show(s) to build up rivalry between diff guys to hype up the upcoming PPV. Now that the WWE has no real competition they dont even have time inbetween PPV events to have any real rivalrys or hype building. It seems like the UFC is copying the WWE by making sure they put out a PPV every 4-6 weeks regardless of how interesting the fights may be.

I cant speak for anybody but myself obviously, but I am sure many of the MMA fans like myself would agree that they would rather see half as many PPV events and pay twice as much if the events were filled with really good match ups and not crappy main events like what UFC 72 is offering 8(
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Time Served

Not excited at all.....now the next card looks really good.

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Time Served

If I didnt pay for 71, Im definately not paying for this 1
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

It starts at 1:30pm my ass will still be in bed. Gonna have to tivo it.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101
It starts at 1:30pm my ass will still be in bed. Gonna have to tivo it.
I forgot about it being so early.

8/16/05
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Lifer

Ill stick to IFL on channel 27 over this one. I actually think it's pretty entertaining plus it's free.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Time Served

It looks to be an OK card at best.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Anyone hitting up a bar in Arlington to watch this one?

8/16/05
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 12:13 PM
African Booty Scratcher

i could meet somewhere between carrollton and arlington. the lewisville hoots aint having it.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Blessed

Post vids please. Charter cable is screwing up again over here.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
i could meet somewhere between carrollton and arlington. the lewisville hoots aint having it.

god bless.
I called three different places, BJ's, Bobby V's, and No Frills. No one had the fight. I'm sure BWW in GP had it, but I said fuck it.

8/16/05
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtysevenfastback
I was afraid of this sort of thing happening when UFC starting slowing trying to monopolize the MMA game. I know that alot of people on this board dont like WWE wrestling ( and I am in no way comparing MMA and WWE , just using WWE as an example ) but the UFC is starting to do alot of things the same as WWE.

When the WWE had real competition in the wrestling market, their PPV events were almost always awesome and not nearly as frequent as they are now. The WWE would use their tv show(s) to build up rivalry between diff guys to hype up the upcoming PPV. Now that the WWE has no real competition they dont even have time inbetween PPV events to have any real rivalrys or hype building. It seems like the UFC is copying the WWE by making sure they put out a PPV every 4-6 weeks regardless of how interesting the fights may be.

I cant speak for anybody but myself obviously, but I am sure many of the MMA fans like myself would agree that they would rather see half as many PPV events and pay twice as much if the events were filled with really good match ups and not crappy main events like what UFC 72 is offering 8(
you couldt have said it better
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 04:11 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Franklin defeats Okami with a unanimous decision...here the play by play

5:33 p.m. ó Rich Franlin defeats Yushin Okami via unanimous decision (29-28 on all the judgesí scorecards).

5:30 p.m. ó FRANKLIN VS. OKAMI, ROUND 3: Okami really needs to mount an offense here. Heís only attempted one takedown, and as the round ends, he looks for a flying knee. Franklin easily avoids it. Franklin checks a body kick and lands a leg kick of his own. They clench in the center of the Octagon, and Okami gets the takedown and takes side control. Franklinís keeping him tied up, but Okami gets into full mount. Franklin looks for the escape, but Okami reclaims the position. Okami throws a few small punches, but Franklin escapes and theyíre back to their feet. Okami has a guillotine choke but canít hold onto it, and Franklin suplexes Okami to the ground. Okami grabs a kimura and pulls it to a sickening level. Franklin may be on the verge of tapping. Somehow, Franklin rolls out of it and escapes and looks to rain down punches from the top. Okami keeps him tied up but missed his golden opportunity to end it. The round ends, and that one probably went to Okami, 10-9. However, itíll probably be a 29-28 victory for Franklin.

5:25 p.m. ó FRANKLIN VS. OKAMI, ROUND 2: Like the first, itís slow-going to start the round. Neither fighters seems willing to commit. Franklin lands a leg kick and follows it with a series of jabs that donít land. Franklin lands another leg kick, and Okami counters with one of his head. Thereís an accidental leg head bunt, but the fight continues. Okami finally gets double underhooks, and Franklin and reverses and gets them. They stalemate against the fence, and the ref returns them to the center of the Octagon. The crowd really starts to boo now, and Franklin moves forward and connects on a combination. Okami sticks Franklin with a right as Franklin lands a leg kick. Okami glances Franklin with a head kick but does no damage. With 30 seconds to go, Franklin starts to push the action but connects on only one right. Itís a lackluster 10-9 round for Franklin.

5:18 p.m. ó FRANKLIN VS. OKAMI, ROUND 1: Itís a slow start as both fighters get comfortable. Franklin creates distance with a right jab. Okami looks to be waiting to counter, and at 1:30 in, thereís been little action. Okami lands a body kick, and Franklin counters with a solid right punch to the body. Franklin has Okami pushed into the fence, and Okami has double overhooks and is looking to take to it to the canvas. The crowd starts boo, and the ref separates them and returns them to the center of the Octagon, Franklin opens with a solid leg kick, and Okami sneaks through a right jab. Okami throws a leg kick and ducks out of an overhand left by Franklin. Franklin throws another leg kick as the round ends. It wasnít very eventful, but Franklin probably took it, 10-9.

5:09 p.m. ó Franklin and Okami have to be two of the biggest 185-pounders ever to square off. Both guys look calm. Thereís not a single person sitting right now.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Lifer

your play by play is cool, but should it be from start to finish, not backwards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement