Another ridiculous lawsuit - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Another ridiculous lawsuit

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2881602

Sounds like it is everyone else's fault except the drunk, cell phone talking, speeding, unseatbelted poor pro athlete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

are you serious?!

that's bullshit. suing the guy for "letting" his car stall on the highway. there's some left-wing antics for you.

honestly. the bitch was drunk and I feel for his family, but he fucked up and it's no one else's fault.

lawsuits were designed to punish companies and individuals for their wrongdoing. now, a civil lawsuit is suddenly a way for people to get the rest of their lives paid for and to place the blame on someone else.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I voted for McCain!!

The guy's a drunk!! It's his own fucking fault and know one elses. Can you imagine the shit he would be talking if the bar tried to refuse his royal hines drinks?? Self importan pricks, at least he is off the streets.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm going Commando

I was gonna post this up but I was too busy laughing with MattB over the ludacrisness of it all. Imagine trying to contain yourself from guffawing loudly as a member of the jury. Sounds like Pops is trying to recoup the money he missed out on when his mealticket son fucked his life away.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Worship me

His dad is a finger pointing fucking douchebag. If I was the tow truck driver or the guy who stalled on the road I'd sue the fuck out of Hancock's estate until his dad lived in a grass hut.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 04:42 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Can't believe the Cardinals and MLB aren't defendants.

It's obvious to me that 9 innings of baseball dehydrated this young man making the effects of introducing alcohol into the system worse. Of course if they had a night game instead of a day game none of this would have happened.

Shorten the game, no more days games. I believe that MLB and the Cardinals are 20% responsible.

Hell the Cardinals picked him up. If he played with the Rangers he would have been in Arlington that day and not St Louis.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 09:18 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Can't believe the Cardinals and MLB aren't defendants.

It's obvious to me that 9 innings of baseball dehydrated this young man making the effects of introducing alcohol into the system worse. Of course if they had a night game instead of a day game none of this would have happened.

Shorten the game, no more days games. I believe that MLB and the Cardinals are 20% responsible.

Hell the Cardinals picked him up. If he played with the Rangers he would have been in Arlington that day and not St Louis.
ha ha.

Yeah, fuck his dad. Let the kid take responsibility for his actions. Actually, he already did...in the most ultimate way.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Out

Thumbs down

It's everyone's fault but mine!!!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 12:08 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

This is definately not a good idea for the father. Not only will money not make his son come back or make him feel better about it, but now his son's name will get dragged through the mud with all the times he's been seen drunk, smoked pot (which was also in the car), etc. Some dickhead lawyer really worked this guy over and took advantage of someone who was in a very emotional state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement