As a Dallas Mavericks fan, - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
As a Dallas Mavericks fan,

..yesterday was a huge embarrassment.

First we get treated to Cuban blubbering over Dirk in the MVP ceremony. Thank GOD ESPN isn't following this story too closely, that pathetic display was over the top. You'd have thought someone died.

That was followed by GS, the team that ripped out the hearts and souls of the Mavs fans and players, nearly getting swept by the Jazz of all teams. I was actually hoping the Warriors would make it to the WCF so that the Mavs could save some face. But no..
46Tbird is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Thumbs up

Keep your head up. Your sorrow will end when that "6th best season in NBA regular season history" banner is raised in the AAC. It'll look in place next to the Western Conference Champs banner and Brad Davis jersey. I just hope they don't raise it in front of the Warriors again!

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Keep your head up. Your sorrow will end when that "6th best season in NBA regular season history" banner is raised in the AAC. It'll look in place next to the Western Conference Champs banner and Brad Davis jersey. I just hope they don't raise it in front of the Warriors again!


It's funny that you were relatively quiet about the Mavs all year, and now that they are out and the Spurs are still in; you are out there talking more shit than a nagger in a welfare line. You weren't worried all year, were you?
bcoop is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
It's funny that you were relatively quiet about the Mavs all year, and now that they are out and the Spurs are still in; you are out there talking more shit than a nagger in a welfare line. You weren't worried all year, were you?
Hell, I said countless times that the Mavs were the best team in the league and they would give the Spurs trouble. No denying that. I don't think I once said they sucked or were a bad team. How can I not laugh about their choke job though? You Mav fans would do the same thing if it were the Spurs. You guys were so confident all year with the "Championship or nothing" mentality, so it just makes me giggle.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 09:09 AM
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
I had actually come to terms with the Mavs getting ousted like that, but when GS just vanished into the night, I got pissed all over again.

Is there any irony that the Warriors got eliminated from the playoffs the day Dirk was named MVP?
mustang_marc is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
..yesterday was a huge embarrassment.

First we get treated to Cuban blubbering over Dirk in the MVP ceremony. Thank GOD ESPN isn't following this story too closely, that pathetic display was over the top. You'd have thought someone died.

That was followed by GS, the team that ripped out the hearts and souls of the Mavs fans and players, nearly getting swept by the Jazz of all teams. I was actually hoping the Warriors would make it to the WCF so that the Mavs could save some face. But no..
Embarrassed why? Because we don't have a TRUE Center or Point-Guard?

The Jazz just showed that with the right personel, the Warriors weren't anything special and simply were hot when they played the Mavs and were able to out-matchup Dallas.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Embarrassed why? Because we don't have a TRUE Center or Point-Guard?

The Jazz just showed that with the right personel, the Warriors weren't anything special and simply were hot when they played the Mavs and were able to out-matchup Dallas.
The other side of the coin, (i know the final score is all that matters) but in all honesty the GS and Utah games were all close, and the series could have gone either way.

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 11:11 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
The other side of the coin, (i know the final score is all that matters) but in all honesty the GS and Utah games were all close, and the series could have gone either way.
Close? Games 2, 4, and 5 were all won by 10+.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Hell, I said countless times that the Mavs were the best team in the league and they would give the Spurs trouble. No denying that. I don't think I once said they sucked or were a bad team. How can I not laugh about their choke job though? You Mav fans would do the same thing if it were the Spurs. You guys were so confident all year with the "Championship or nothing" mentality, so it just makes me giggle.
Totally agree with you on how all the mav fans were thinking they were going to win the championship no matter what. I couldnt stop laughing when GS beat their asses in the ground.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
all the mav fans were thinking they were going to win the championship no matter what.
For the record, that does not describe me.
46Tbird is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Garland
Posts: 744
damn y must i be reminded of the terrible finish i was njsut gettin by with it too
Bignasty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome