So why do the Rangers suck so bad? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

So why do the Rangers suck so bad?

Why do the Rangers suck so bad? Is it the fact the Rangers are the Arizona cardinals of baseball and any player that plays for this team is on the way out the door from the game so they don't get any good players, or is it there just a bad team in general and have no valid reason to be good?

Worse teams in baseball as of today

Washington 10-25 .286 W-1
Kansas City 11-26 .297 L-3
Tampa Bay 14-22 .389 L-6
Texas Rangers 14-22 .389 L-2
Cincinnati 15-21 .417 L-1
Coorado 16-21 .432 W-1

I think this is where the Rangers stand just about every year.

Since 1972 how many times has the Rangers been in the Playoffs?

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 12:44 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticX
Why do the Rangers suck so bad? Is it the fact the Rangers are the Arizona cardinals of baseball and any player that plays for this team is on the way out the door from the game so they don't get any good players, or is it there just a bad team in general and have no valid reason to be good?

Tampa Bay 14-22 .389 L-6
Coorado 16-21 .432 W-1

3 times. 1 game has been won in those 3 appearances. Maybe some baseball experts can answer your other questions, but yeah, ever since I've been alive, the Rangers have been the laughing stock of the league.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Time Served

cuz the owner is an idiot they wont do shit until hicks sells the team

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Still Serving Time

I can say I actually have been to Ranger playoff game. Damn Yankee's

I am getting very impatient with the Lame-gers. They ditch the red/white uniforms ( liked them a lot more than blue/white), go to the stupid vest looking shirt, and still suck.

Might be time to look for a team... anyone but Yankees.

Brewers?.... hmmm brew...

2003 Cobra - [email protected]
1974 Datsun 260Z - 11.87 at 114(motor)
same on nitrous - 10.25 at 131
2000 Cameron Dragster - 7.68 at 172
2004 Suzuki GSX-R 750 - 12.03 @ 125.26 damn newbie rider- 2.55 60'
2006 Suzuki M109R - 8.05 @ 89.7
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 03:09 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

They spend all their money on offense, so all they can afford are washed-up, has-been or never-will-be pitchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 04:06 PM
gear jammer

Nobody wants to pitch for them.They have a terrible reputation and have to way overpay for mediocre pitchers.
The ballpark is considered a pitchers nightmare and its hot and humid through the summer. Also, lets be honest.If i was a star pitcher, i sure as hell wouldn't want to live in Dallas and play for the Rangers either.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

John Daniels has ruined this team even more than it was. Let's look at his deals so far as GM:

1. Acquired Adam Eaton and Otsuka for Chris Young and Adrian Gonzalez. A year after sparing us to death with injuries and shitty starts, Eaton signs with Philies as a free agent. Otsuka gives us a decent year as a closer when Coco Cordero gets traded. Chris Young on the other hand is a strong number 2 starter for the Padres and Adrian Gonzalez leads the Padres in batting, HR's, RBI, etc.

2. Acquired Brad Wilkerson and 2 spares for Alfonzo Soriano. Even though Soriano wanted out because he didn't want to play OF, this was still the worst trade Daniels has made so far. Soriano went on to have an excellent year in the OF for Washington.

3. Acquired Jose Cruz Jr. and Carlos Lee for Mench, Nix, and Coco Cordero. Carlos Lee did nothing nothing for us and later signed with the Astros. Cruz Jr is arguably the most disappointing player this year for the Rangers but he's still young. Coco Cordero is having a great year for the Brewers.

4. Acquired Brandon McCarthy for John Danks. McCarthy has dissapointed this year but has put together 2 good starts. Danks had his first start of the season this year and gave up 1 or 2 runs (can't remember the line). The jury will be out on this trade for a while.

Daniel's has made a few good moves, like getting Robinson Tejeda for David Dellucci and getting Jerry Hairston Jr for cash, but for the most part I'd say he's lost on his big trades.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC457A

Brewers?.... hmmm brew...
I've been a brewcrew fan for a few years now. I'm starting to like them more than I like the Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
John Daniels has ruined this team even more than it was. Let's look at his deals so far as GM:
You're dead on. The guy is retarded. I assure you that anyone on this board could make better decisions, minus any Yankee fans, Spurs fans, or SS RRR.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticX

Tampa Bay 14-22 .389 L-6
Coorado 16-21 .432 W-1

because we're always "rebuilding"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte92stang
Jane Fonda ranks up there with Bin Laden in my book...

Reply by Seafarer12
OMFG you not still hung up on nam are you?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Genetically Blessed

I don't follow baseball anymore, but I used to pretty actively. Seems to me that it's the pitching with the Rangers.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 09:35 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

In other, not-so-disappointing news, Texas wins on a walk-off homerun from Nelson Cruz, his first of the season, coming during (at the end of?) a 4-39 slump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
In other, not-so-disappointing news, Texas wins on a walk-off homerun from Nelson Cruz, his first of the season, coming during (at the end of?) a 4-39 slump.
his first homerun in 140 someodd at bats.

the worst part of this season is that the rest of the al west has been absolutely handing the rangers the chance to hang in the race, and they've pissed it away. now that the angels are finally getting in a rythym, it's all downhill from here.

the best thing about the rangers is that they never tease you. you know they're going to be bad. (uinlike various other dallas teams ie. mavs, stars, cowboys).

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Lifer

I knew the Ranger's were done, when Sosa made the lineup...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 10:25 PM
CEO of......

their is no leadership on this team lately. The Rangers haven't had that since Will Clark left the team, he wasn't the best player but he knew how to motivate people to play to their best ability. Players who play on this team have no pressure on them to be good, they have no ergency to get better quick. They know they won't get traded for underachieving and you can tell from by the way they play on their last year of their contract. I think this happends because people around here don't expect much so they don't react like other fans when a player doesn't put out constant good numbers. Everybody likes Tex cause he's a nice guy, if he was playing first for the Yanks they'd be booing his ass off the field right now. Mediocrecy(sp?) is the only thing expected out of Arlington, that's the first problem with this team.

OH, and Hicks isn't the problem. The problem is whoever the GM is, they need to have the mindset that PITCHING wins championships and they need to spend whatever money possible to accuire at least two good ones. Start there and everything else will start falling into place. Maybe i should apply for a job within

i'm sure their was other stuff i was supposed to add, but i'm watching Scent of A Woman and it's hard to laugh at that movie and be bitching about the Rangers at the same time
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 10:47 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R

1. Acquired Adam Eaton and Otsuka for Chris Young and Adrian Gonzalez. A year after sparing us to death with injuries and shitty starts, Eaton signs with Philies as a free agent. Otsuka gives us a decent year as a closer when Coco Cordero gets traded. Chris Young on the other hand is a strong number 2 starter for the Padres and Adrian Gonzalez leads the Padres in batting, HR's, RBI, etc.

2. Acquired Brad Wilkerson and 2 spares for Alfonzo Soriano. Even though Soriano wanted out because he didn't want to play OF, this was still the worst trade Daniels has made so far. Soriano went on to have an excellent year in the OF for Washington.

3. Acquired Jose Cruz Jr. and Carlos Lee for Mench, Nix, and Coco Cordero. Carlos Lee did nothing nothing for us and later signed with the Astros. Cruz Jr is arguably the most disappointing player this year for the Rangers but he's still young. Coco Cordero is having a great year for the Brewers.

4. Acquired Brandon McCarthy for John Danks. McCarthy has dissapointed this year but has put together 2 good starts. Danks had his first start of the season this year and gave up 1 or 2 runs (can't remember the line). The jury will be out on this trade for a while.

Daniel's has made a few good moves, like getting Robinson Tejeda for David Dellucci and getting Jerry Hairston Jr for cash, but for the most part I'd say he's lost on his big trades.
Let us also not forget him not being able to get a deal done with the Florida Marlins when they were unloading salary and wanted to trade Josh Beckett for Hank Blalock, a minor league prospect, and cash.

Beckett got traded to the Red Sox and has gone 23-11 with 198 K's and a 3.76 ERA since that trade. He's 7-0 this season and was on his way to 8-0 until he had a blister on his finger today.

That and the Soriano for Wilkerson/Sledge deal will haunt the Rangers organization for years to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement